Corkenstein

NHA Director says Gun knew about the lawsuit deadline....

Can we get a clarification on this?  In another thread from Killer Puzzle game, they said the deadline was January 22nd(https://twitter.com/f13killerpuzzle/status/1014351863490084864) to get all content into the game which further adds credibility to what he is saying.  This seems to be pretty contradictory to what Gun has stated/acted like this was a complete surprise.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 2

Pretty much what we have already surmised.

They knew what was coming down for a while, and instead of being upfront and honest with the players (you know the people that financed this game) they chose to lie and keep everything covered up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is anyone really surprised?  C'mon.  These guys have been.... ah nevermind.  Who cares anymore?  Let it die.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Pretty much what we have already surmised.

They knew what was coming down for a while, and instead of being upfront and honest with the players (you know the people that financed this game) they chose to lie and keep everything covered up.

Correct.........but it's making the rounds!!

(#NB4Lock)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Is anyone really surprised?  C'mon.  These guys have been.... ah nevermind.  Who cares anymore?  Let it die.  

There should be a level of accountability tho in regards to this.  Especially with how "broken up" Wes acted on Twitter about this as if it just came out of the blue.  They knew about it for months.  Just like the Great Pity Party of PAX, they threw another pity party to make themselves seem like the victim here despite knowing it was coming.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Corkenstein said:

There should be a level of accountability tho in regards to this.  Especially with how "broken up" Wes acted on Twitter about this as if it just came out of the blue.  They knew about it for months.  Just like the Great Pity Party of PAX, they threw another pity party to make themselves seem like the victim here despite knowing it was coming.  

Yeah, I'd like to see accountability as well, but in terms of this game....it's dead.   Best thing we can do now is inform future consumers of Gun's and IllFonic on new games about how they are via reviews.   Limit their income and they may get the picture. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Limit their income and they may get the picture. 

Or they may rebrand themselves as a new company. Who knows?

Or sue for the rights and find our own dev team. I was joking the first time I suggested it but now I think I would jump on the chance to find out more, and know who deserves the blame. 

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

That would be in their best interest, but their individual names are still associated with Gun and ILL.  Unless they wanna change their legal names as well. 

• Like 2

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

That would look even worse for them as it is an admission of failure/guilt.  They botched it sooo bad they had to rebrand.  They would be eaten alive by press and consumers.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

That would look even worse for them as it is an admission of failure/guilt.  They botched it sooo bad they had to rebrand.  They would be eaten alive by press and consumers.  

Eh, I've seen it work before. It happened to GRIN. Granted it took them over 5 years to bounce back.

5 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Think of every true thing said in this forum. Now think on every time they've denied, censored and shamed the person saying those truths.

Now tell me they care what looks bad on them.

4 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

So.... the “conspiracy” was true. I am thoroughly disgusted with Gun right now. 

320161_520885354595263_972487638_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

we should really do something, like someone in reddit said: "I think we should all message Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, and other gaming outlets so they can cover this. Its pretty shady for Gun to do something like this and blatantly lie to its consumer base. This is borderline false advertisement."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

Remember Atari?

• Like 1

And it all turns out to be bullshit. Killer Puzzle confirmed the cutoff date was actually January. Not June. Coincidentally, Gun announced in January that they wouldn’t be working on any new content because of this engine upgrade. That would take 3+ months to complete. Then, right after the engine upgrade, they claim they just found out about the content deadline. But now we get confirmation that they knew MONTHS ago. Why would their deadline be different than the other game? It wouldn’t be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stabrats said:

Guys when was the last time any of the Devs posted a comment in these forums?

An actual dev? You mean someone that has actual working knowledge, and has actually contributed code to the game? 

I'm not sure.

Nah, that can't be, I mean....We all know this game is Gun's "dream" project. Surely they wouldn't lie and run with the money?

I'm shocked, shocked I tells ya.

?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, R.J MacReady said:

Nah, that can't be, I mean....We all know this game is Gun's "dream" project. Surely they wouldn't lie and run with the money?

I'm shocked, shocked I tells ya.

?

Me too amigo... Me too

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Let’s not derail this thread. This is crucial evidence here. 

True. I apologize. One injustice at a time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm not surprised tbh...

I think I'm done with this forum...

I proposed the question a while back about how long has GUN known about the deadline. Again. They get caught in more of their own lies and shadiness. 

Did they know before game was created and what life it would have? Did they find out back in October? When was the actual deadline given to them?

We are going to need the second sun of Tattooine to get through all of this shadiness

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would imagine Sean Cunningham knew about it and passed the info to GUN when he gifted them the rights.