Corkenstein

NHA Director says Gun knew about the lawsuit deadline....

5 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Its fun and get this...It works!

I didn't like it. Even with bugs Friday is a better game.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I didn't like it. Even with bugs Friday is a better game.

opinionated.gif

F13 is better but the bugs and instability ruin it for me. That and I cant be Jason every time. And other reasons but I wont go into those. It was (like this game) the licensed characters that reeled me in. 

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

@F134Ever86 Just a shame how they get the stiff arm treatment when it comes to nerfs.

Yea. I think it has a steeper learning curve too. I just love that I can be Michael Myers. A big patch dropped today on PS4 but I havent tested it yet.

The engine upgrade is the key to all of this. 

I'm not totally on one side or the other when it comes to the conspiracy/fraud notion.

But I think we have a right to know: why exactly was the engine upgrade even done?  It looks barely better, kind of.  Performance issues are the same that I've seen.  And new bugs have arisen as old bugs persist.  The "must be done for dedicated servers" excuse doesn't make sense, as PC already had them and consoles were, in Gun's own words, "nearly complete" in October.

So why?  Was it an excuse to stop working on content without telling us about it, so that potential buyers would be none the wiser?  Or did you honestly believe this would fix all the previous issues, and it just didn't work?

The former is borderline fraud, and the latter is extreme incompetence.  Neither is acceptable, but man up and tell us.

Did you intentionally attempt to distract us from an unpleasant truth, or do you just have no clue what you're doing (and have learned nothing from the host of previous mistakes)?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

So why?  Was it an excuse to stop working on content without telling us about it, so that potential buyers would be none the wiser?  Or did you honestly believe this would fix all the previous issues, and it just didn't work?

While the graphic in the OP states that it was to bolster resumes, we have no firm proof of that, but it's honestly not too hard to believe.

If they want to bolster their resumes the wankers should patch in support for PS4 pro and xbox one x.

Heh. The Silence from Gun says it all. They obviously can´t answer right now without either lying again or admiting they lied before. Pretty sure they only wait for someone to break some rules and delete the thread.

It´s amazing that they wanted to make us think that they were actually surprised that they are effected by this, when the lawsuit is going on since 2016. (referring to Wes post when announcing what happens with the lawsuit, after players had to break the news to the community)

I mean anyone with more than 2 braincells left can do the math and see that there is a chance that it will effect the game.

If this is really their dream project and all of their heart is in it, you do take something like that not ligthly and go like "meh, won´t affect us"

@DasMurich The Forest is a nice game. Not really focused on horror but you can have some jumpscares and the fact that it´s cannibals might be enough for some. (There is an achievment for eating one of your enemies and one for eating a whole family of them)

It's ok if GunMedia/IllFonic knew about the lawsuit in advanced. The Savini code controversy was ok too. The fact that Illfonic couldn't code to save their lives is ok. The game getting shelved is ok. The reason this is ok is simple. GunMedia showed that they will say anything for money and attention. Illfonic showed any game they work on from here on in will be completely fucked up because they would rather play wack-a-mole with code instead of playtesting. They have been exposed. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE IN THE FUTURE FROM THEM. These two companies don't know how to conduct business. They don't deserve your money. Let them "attempt" to patch the game you own and leave it at that. By 2020 neither company will exist. And if they do still exist they will be barely hanging on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can someone please explain to me why updating the game engine would "bolster their resumes"? I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't get what that would do for them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Big Daddy J said:

Can someone please explain to me why updating the game engine would "bolster their resumes"? I'm not being sarcastic, I genuinely don't get what that would do for them.

Pretty straightforward.  On their next job interview they can say that they have a lot  experience working with Unreal 4 with IllFonic. Kind of like if you were a construction worker and you worked on the freedom tower and you mentioned it so you could look good to potential employers. 

It would not make business sense to make it public about a deadline day until necessary. No business would've acted any different, if they would - give me an example please..  The game isn't closed down, just no new content, you've still got the product you paid for, just in need of bug fixes. You've not been tricked. 

To announce a deadline months ago would've affected sales, it's a business, they're in it to make as much as possible, not to be your best friend. 

2 minutes ago, kohagan said:

It would not make business sense to make it public about a deadline day until necessary. No business would've acted any different, if they would - give me an example please..  The game isn't closed down, just no new content, you've still got the product you paid for, just in need of bug fixes. You've not been tricked. 

To announce a deadline months ago would've affected sales, it's a business, they're in it to make as much as possible, not to be your best friend. 

Good business man try to make as much money as possible in the long run. Wich is best done with loyal customers. Right now, no one from this forum will ever bother with a Gun or Illfonic product anymore.

8 minutes ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Pretty straightforward.  On their next job interview they can say that they have a lot  experience working with Unreal 4 with IllFonic. Kind of like if you were a construction worker and you worked on the freedom tower and you mentioned it so you could look good to potential employers. 

Ah. Fair enough.

41 minutes ago, kohagan said:

There's a saying: "Satisfied customers tell three friends. Angry customers tell three  thousand."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Good business man try to make as much money as possible in the long run. Wich is best done with loyal customers. Right now, no one from this forum will ever bother with a Gun or Illfonic product anymore.

Well, the deadline announcement was coming either way and it would affect sales.

Are you saying that in the long run if they'd of said back in January or whatever time they knew about the deadline 'hey everybody no more new content ever from July'! ' that people would've gone, you know what, these are some really good honest upfront guys, let's keep supporting them and buy the game seeing as there's no future in it. 

I don't see it myself. 

I think they have made a lot more money by doing what they did sales wise, especially when Sp challenges dropped, as a lot would've bought for that.

Again people probably wouldn't of touched it knowing it was a dead fish content wise a few months later. 

8 minutes ago, kohagan said:

Well, the deadline announcement was coming either way and it would affect sales.

Are you saying that in the long run if they'd of said back in January or whatever time they knew about the deadline 'hey everybody no more new content ever from July'! ' that people would've gone, you know what, these are some really good honest upfront guys, let's keep supporting them and buy the game seeing as there's no future in it. 

I don't see it myself. 

I think they have made a lot more money by doing what they did sales wise, especially when Sp challenges dropped, as a lot would've bought for that.

Again people probably wouldn't of touched it knowing it was a dead fish content wise a few months later. 

and that´s what you call false advertising. Truth got some links posted somewhere where people actually got refunded.

18 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

and that´s what you call false advertising. Truth got some links posted somewhere where people actually got refunded.

Well perhaps. But the way I feel, if the game was completely shut down on the deadline and I couldn't access it as it was when I bought it, then I'd fully agree that it was false advertising. There's actually more content now.

I also never buy a game on a promise of future content, especially when the content has previoysly been released with no added cost. 

2 hours ago, kohagan said:

And this is why there is no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism... 

Not sure why you guys didn't try this sooner...

@damnenchiladas, do you know anything about this?

11 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

No comment from them yet in here? I guess Shifty just swung by to help Ben pick his jaw up off the floor? ?

A response would be nice, hate to hand out judgement without giving them a fair shot at representing themselves.