Corkenstein

NHA Director says Gun knew about the lawsuit deadline....

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Aldermach = Permabanned for honesty.

Say what?

Welp, I gotta game to make. Should just put my focus there. 

3 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

You are correct when you say we come here to speak but when you've been thread locked, post deleted, warned, profile stalked and banned (like I have), you learn that every post you make should come with a disclaimer.

I like the people here and goddamned if I don't wanna like Wes, Ben and Dan too. (I've never even mentioned Randy cause, honestly, he was gone before I even got here.) I had a hours long conversation with Wes and he really convinced me that he cared about the F13 franchise and that he wanted this thing to be successful. I believe that too.

But I don't believe he (or anyone at Gun) want to be a part of this community and that is shameful. This was community that fucking adored them in the beginning of all this. Members like @AldermachXI @Alkavian @Truth & @TheHansonGoons who created topics that were important enough to be pinned or teach others the ways of the game or the forum. Members who genuinely care about all of us, including Gun Media and look where their effort got them?

Aldermach = Permabanned for honesty.

Alkavian = Voluntary leaves because he knows when he's not wanted.

TheHansonGoon = Lurks because he's tired of wastting his time

Truth = Still defended them thru everything. Still supported them thru everything. And now he's seeing the light too.

They've turned their moderators into fucking prison guards and censors to protect their image instead of encouraging them to make this place fun and interesting.

You're right though. I shouldn't have to put a disclaimer on anything.......

They should have one on the Main Page.

They even lost one of the nicest, funniest guys - @Freddie Mercury Aids didnt kill him, a Gun did. Have they no shame!?

• Like 1

Hey @Kodiak! I want to personally thank you! I’ve read every post in this thread and feel the same way, that a lot of members do, with this occurring news. It’s not a good situation. I want to go on a rant and blast certain people. Yet, that might not be good right now. They seem to be ban happy/delete this/ignore that. It’s not right, to the community/paying customer, that has stood by them since day one or three months later! I get it ‘respect the rules’, yet at this stage...it’s getting harder to do. A lot of the posts make sense..to many..a hard pill to swallow. Thank you, for fighting, to let forum members, vent and speak about this. That means a lot...to many of us! ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

They even lost one of the nicest, funniest guys - @Freddie Mercury Aids didnt kill him, a Gun did. Have they no shame!?

And now BrokenFattHardy is gone.  Unbelievable.?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zmccain said:

And now BrokenFattHardy is gone.  Unbelievable.?

Wheel of Carts......Mower of Lawns.

Wheel of Carts......Mower of Lawns

dilapidated Boat

R.I.P. @BrokenFattHardy

• Haha 2

@Maddogg_8121 @BrokenFattHardy Thanks for the props guys. I will be releasing a final series of videos / guides for anyone still playing the game. I still have a great deal of knowledge that deserves to be shared and benefited from. Will try to get those guides up soon. 

• Like 5

Just now, Tommy86 said:

@Maddogg_8121 @BrokenFattHardy Thanks for the props guys. I will be releasing a final series of videos / guides for anyone still playing the game. I still have a great deal of knowledge that deserves to be shared and benefited from. Will try to get those guides up soon. 

Cant wait, dude.  Thanks for all you've done for everyone. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Cant wait, dude.  Thanks for all you've done for everyone. 

No worries man, happy to help!

• Like 1

What still stands is the fact that the lawsuit is on since 2016. Way before the game release. And yet they do release  an Indie title with the price of an AA Title. Unpolished and basic standards missing, like proper optimization or keybindings. No information for the customers about an ongoing lawsuit. It´s a no brainer that something like not beeing allowed to release new content can happen when there is a lawsuit about the franchise.

They were actually lucky that the no new content thing didn´t happen earlier, like in summer 2017.

Also why do they have to be so shady about it? After all this came to the day of light, why not be honest and tell how things went, and who knew what and when? If you act like this and wonder why people assume you have to hide something you are beyond gullible. Or you are actually hiding something.

And if they aren´t up to date themselves with what is going on in that lawsuit that is now 2 years in progress, then they deserve every single shit post they get tbh.

24 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

What still stands is the fact that the lawsuit is on since 2016. Way before the game release. And yet they do release  an Indie title with the price of an AA Title. Unpolished and basic standards missing, like proper optimization or keybindings. No information for the customers about an ongoing lawsuit. It´s a no brainer that something like not beeing allowed to release new content can happen when there is a lawsuit about the franchise.

They were actually lucky that the no new content thing didn´t happen earlier, like in summer 2017.

Also why do they have to be so shady about it? After all this came to the day of light, why not be honest and tell how things went, and who knew what and when? If you act like this and wonder why people assume you have to hide something you are beyond gullible. Or you are actually hiding something.

And if they aren´t up to date themselves with what is going on in that lawsuit that is now 2 years in progress, then they deserve every single shit post they get tbh.

Buying a game does not give you the right to access about everything that's happening with a companies lawsuit. Nor does it give anyone the right to know what the devs are doing every minute of the day like some people think. 

I really don't see why it's shady. Whether you knew about the lawsuit at the beginning or the end, the content we all got is the same.

If people bought the game just because they thought uber was coming, then that's unfortunate, but again, it was extra content at no additional cost. You still have the game maps as it was launched. Why would you buy the game just for that anyway? 

The game is still playable (bugs can be fixed) there's more content than at launch. Even games like battlefield stop producing maps after a year or so. I doubt after uber there were plans to do anymore tbh, free game content forever is not exactly a brilliant business plan. 

The game has sold well, it's a financial success. So the proof is, that by not splashing information everywhere about a lawsuit from day one meant sales were higher and we still got the game we paid for. Everybody is a winner :P

Well if you are ok with beeing scammed that´s your problem. I´d rather know whats going on. That´s why i usually play SP games. You can easily play them like 2 years later when it´s polished and the dlc´s are all out already.

'Scammed'... don't be so bloody silly. You got the game you paid for.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

You serious? 40$ and not even meeting standards that exist since the last millenium? nope, scam fits kinda. They knew they propably couldn´t go as far as promised with this game and still went out on release. For a riddiculous price.

And if they didn´t know then.... , well, can´t say this without a ban propably.

13 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Games are not the same thing as they were back in the day when we were playing on cartridges. A game is no longer a product, it is a service. Therefore your customers have a right to know the details about that service. The cost of this game had promises attached to it that not only weren’t delivered promptly, but never will be delivered. That is cause for legitimate complaints.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

Games are not the same thing as they were back in the day when we were playing on cartridges. A game is no longer a product, it is a service. Therefore your customers have a right to know the details about that service. The cost of this game had promises attached to it that not only weren’t delivered promptly, but never will be delivered. That is cause for legitimate complaints.

You bought a game on promises? Also where does this game say its a paying service? Hmm 

14 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

You serious? 40$ and not even meeting standards that exist since the last millenium? nope, scam fits kinda. They knew they propably couldn´t go as far as promised with this game and still went out on release. For a riddiculous price.

This isn't even in the definition of a scam. Ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

11 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

You both paid for a copy of Friday the 13th: The Game. You received said copy of the game. You don't go to a shop, buy a movie then return it and say 'scam!' because you didn't like it. Sure there's legit basis for some complaints with regards to bugs and such, but you received the completed base version of the game and it functions online. There is no 'scam', only your dissatisfaction. 

"Oh well there was loads of stuff in the trailers I saw that wasn't in the movie, I want a refund even though the rest of the movie is complete"

No. I'll say it again; don't be so bloody silly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kohagan said:

This isn't even in the definition of a scam. Ridiculous. 

Selling something for a way too high price and not delivering the quality and content that should be there doesn´t sound like scam? I played way cheaper games that were done better.

and i say it again also: Knowing about the lawsuit, and it beeing a nobrainer that it can easily affect the game, and still selling it for a price way too high is kind of a scam, backers still didn´t get things they paid for. Says scam all over. no matter how often you gonna insult here @Kodiak Desperation showing when staff starts to insult here. meh.

3 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Selling something for a way too high price and not delivering the quality and content that should be there doesn´t sound like scam? I played way cheaper games that were done better.

and i say it again also: Knowing about the lawsuit, and it beeing a nobrainer that it can easily affect the game, and still selling it for a price way too high is kind of a scam, backers still didn´t get things they paid for. Says scam all over. no matter how often you gonna insult here @Kodiak Desperation showing when staff starts to insult here. meh.

Did you or did you not pay for a copy of Friday the 13th: The Game? Did you or did you not receive the game either by physical copy or digital?

I'm not insulting you, I'm saying you're being silly.

• Like 2

You should maybe read what i wrote. Slowly and properly again. I said it was overpriced. And they didn´t deliver what was promised. And they knew this was going to be a short ride with the lawsuit going on, so yeah, kind of a scam. Not what i call beeing honest.

If you don´t understand that, then you are beeing silly here.

'Kind of a scam', so now you're saying it is your opinion that it's a scam?

There's a difference. Don't imply you're being 'scammed' because that's saying 'I paid for something and didn't receive it'. That is exceptionally unfair if it's not true; you paid for the game and you got the game. There is no scam involved.

As for didn't deliver what was promised, sure there were some things missing. There was plenty that was added though like new maps, quite a few new counselors, new Jasons, new kills, single player challenges and offline bots, VC 2.0, alternate skins for Jasons, clothes and emotes for counselors... the list could go on. Don't overlook all of that just because you're unhappy that a few things weren't added.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So desperate that you have to discuss the exact meaning of words with non native speakers? In my understanding beeing scammed is selling something overpriced also.

And the fact that they knew about the lawsuit before release is also worth beeing called a scam. They either knew this is gonna be a short ride with this game or they are downright stupid if they didn´t think of the possibilty that this lawsuit can affect the game. releasing with that knowledge and still promising things is a scam.

Nothing you say will change my opinion.

I'm not interested in changing your opinion, but don't start spouting 'it's a scam' nonsense if it isn't. Just say 'it's overpriced'.

Sorry no. Won´t happen. Scam is a scam. Just looked it up, scam doesn´t only mean i get nothing for my money. Nope. My definition is right. Overpriced and broken promises also can be defined with scam.

4 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Sorry no. Won´t happen. Scam is a scam. Just looked it up, scam doesn´t only mean i get nothing for my money. Nope. My definition is right. Overpriced and broken promises also can be defined with scam.

scam definition: an illegal plan for making money, especially one that involves tricking people.

Source: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/scam

Doesn't seem to be anything illegal going on here. If you insist on saying 'oh it's a scam, it's a scam' then be sure to say 'it's a scam in the sense that I think it's overpriced and they haven't delivered on what they said'. I'll be around to correct you should you make the mistake of insinuating you didn't get the game even though you paid for it.

Now we've set that straight, I think this topic has run it's course now. The original post in this thread is based around someone else's twisting of the director of NHA's words and has been addressed several times throughout. It's also gone off-topic several times, so I'm going to lock it.

I would just like to add this one last bit. This thread really went off the rails here. While I am not going to mention specific actions against members of the forum, no one has ever been banned for expressing an opinion. The abusive behavior that they feel justified in having is the issue and the result of any action that may have been taken was a direct result of that behavior.

Also wanted to mention the Jason X (in the game) issue. 

Jason X is unfinished, it has been stated as such. It is missing items which has been explained. Finishing the Jason so it can be placed in a licensed video game would be introducing new content. Releasing an unfinished Jason into a licensed video game isn't going to happen. Even though people would like that, it is not a reality. 

No one is lying to you and if it's an answer you didn't like I am sorry but that isn't going to change it. People would like a "Statement" for their concerns. A press release was issued and that's all that can be said on the matter. No company comments on items while ligitgation is active it's just the way this stuff works. Just because this is an indie games it does not mean it is above the law and it also does not mean that shortcuts can happen in a licensed product to appease people. I think everyone wants Jason X but it's just not realistic.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3