Corkenstein

NHA Director says Gun knew about the lawsuit deadline....

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Then why did they purposely release an unfinished Part 9 Jason and just update him later??? “Unfinished” for the exact reasons listed for Uber. 

Most likely because everything else was complete and (I imagine) Manfredini was in the process of composing the chase music for Part 9. Or perhaps he wasn't meant to have his own music in the beginning and they decided to add it afterwards?

Either way, it doesn't matter. They weren't happy to release Uber in his current state and it sounds like there was quite a fair bit of additional work to be done on him.

1 minute ago, zmccain said:

It's already been proven.  His first lie was that Uber couldn't be included because that would be "new content".  That's a lie and has been disproven.  When confronted with this he changed his story saying that Uber couldn't be added because he isn't finished.  While possibly true, that again is not the reason he can't be added as they can fix existing content(Uber).  So a second lie.  Somehow everyone understands this except you?

I suppose you've actually got proof of this have you? The difference between me and 'everyone' as you say is that I don't believe it just because someone on the internet says it's true. Get me some solid proof and let's have a look.

2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Well, that's obvious.

But don't expect the whole "release Uber" crowd to stop just because no one at Gun/moderators and admins of the site want them to stop either.  Or think people will read "wes said no and that's the end" and people will just go oh, ok, I'll stop!  Because that also is just not happening.  

It seems sad to me that people just cannot get over the FACT he will NEVER be released. This entitlement people feel for buying this game is just sad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

It seems sad to me that people just cannot get over the FACT he will NEVER be released. This entitlement people feel for buying this game is just sad.

I can, I'm just really disappointed in these developers. Wasted potential and all of that.

Why is it sad to feel entitled to a complete and polished game that we spent our hard earned money on?

Don't disagree and personally I don't care if Uber is released or not. 

But people have their opinions and they won't be swayed regardless of what they're told. 

There will be people who demand for Uber to be made playable by all until the day the servers are shut down. 

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Why is it sad to feel entitled to a complete and polished game that we spent our hard earned money on?

How many hours have you put into the game? If this was an issue, why didn't you return it? Don't blame Gun for YOUR decision to by the game. Maybe you should have done a little more research before purchasing? 

5 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

Agreed 100% I just want the damn game fixed i could care less about another Jason. 

Just now, Dr Zaius 007 said:

Agreed 100% I just want the damn game fixed i could care less about another Jason. 

I am in the same group. I do think their last patch was a huge upgrade over the engine upgrade patch. The game plays nicely and I just hope they continue to fix the bugs. 

• Like 1

man the defense force came out hard, and when people say check out wes's twitter, they dont want to, they just refuse to see what the truth is.

like the old saying you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. of course, it'd be easier if post didn't' suddenly disappear....

19 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It is the real reason. Part 9 was finished, he just didn't have custom chase music. There sounds like there's plenty missing from Uber as he was.

People say one minute 'oh don't release it until it's finished', then the next it's 'release it now!'. They just can't please anyone, can they?

Context, man.

If people knew there was a deadline for new content many would be much more forgiving of unfinished features being included in the game. 

Instead we have broken promises. Bad enough. But also, okay it sucks that we're not getting Paranoia, Uber, new maps, etc. but at least we have this new engine and the game is running smooth. Oops. That's not true either.

So while you're saying, "wah people just complain no matter what", we're saying we're pissed because they're is no new content AND the game is a broken mess. Which again, prevents us from allowing the whole "well we didn't want to release unfished, incomplete content" excuse. 

• Like 1

I don't know, some people may only want Uber to be vindicated for the perceived slights from Gun, or just "new content is new content, doesn't matter". To me and others it was about the completionism.

How many hours have you put into the game? If this was an issue, why didn't you return it?

Why does how many hours I invested in the game matter? I haven't returned it in the hopes that they fix it. What point are you trying to make?

The two things I am just waiting to see is, 1) if the dedicated servers for consoles ever actually appear by December 2018 (MORE than enough time to complete them - at this point there are NO MORE excuses left to give, either they are done, or they were never being worked on in the first place) and 2) if those who purchased the physical art book/soundtrack ever got their copies by December 2018 (AGAIN there is NO EXCUSE for why in 6 months they can't FINALLY send people what they paid for over a YEAR ago!) 

If we get to December 2018 and these things haven't been completed  (i.e. people are still waiting for dedicated servers for consoles/their physical art books/soundtracks) and people STILL make excuses for the devs not delivering these things by that point then those with any sense of reasonable expectations as consumers, will collectively be pushing our fingers into our eyes and shaking our heads! At that point (let me be clear I am talking about a hypothetical scenario where we reach December and these issues haven't been resolved) anyone who purchases anything else from these companies are just gullible fools! 

For now, I'm just waiting until December to see what progress has been made, if any on fulfilling these last remaining promises! 

3 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Why does how many hours I invested in the game matter? I haven't returned it in the hopes that they fix it. What point are you trying to make?

You complain about the game being incomplete, but you are still playing it, you still purchased it, you got your money's worth based on the time you were entertained. It's not that difficult to understand. If you really were annoyed by these developers, you wouldn't of purchased the game in the first place. Don't blame Gun just because you have buyers remorse. Take responsibility for your OWN decisions. 

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

I don't know, some people may only want Uber to be vindicated for the perceived slights from Gun, or just "new content is new content, doesn't matter". To me and others it was about the completionism.

Same here dude with being a completionist, though i would have prefered either Pre-Uber first or Pre-uber and Uber released at the same time. Never really knew why people got so hot n bothered about Uber specifically

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Context, man.

If people knew there was a deadline for new content many would be much more forgiving of unfinished features being included in the game. 

Instead we have broken promises. Bad enough. But also, okay it sucks that we're not getting Paranoia, Uber, new maps, etc. but at least we have this new engine and the game is running smooth. Oops. That's not true either.

So while you're saying, "wah people just complain no matter what", we're saying we're pissed because they're is no new content AND the game is a broken mess. Which again, prevents us from allowing the whole "well we didn't want to release unfished, incomplete content" excuse. 

People are entitled to complain, there's nothing wrong with that. As long as they're not rage posts and they're structured properly, they're never an issue.

I've posted in this thread to clarify that the original post was warped to show a distorted view of the director of NHA's Reddit posts. Then people mentioned Uber again, so I've had to say the reasons that he's not coming. Then apparently we've got people who have inside knowledge and somehow know (not think) that Wes is lying.

When the patches get rolled out, they are considered complete to GM and IllFonic. Issues arise afterwards and they work on those things next. Uber however just wasn't anywhere near ready. 

28 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

They just can't please anyone, can they?

Not trying to sound like an asshole (but I'm sure this will be seen as exactly what I'm doing) but........ Yes. They can.

They have managed to please themselves, Kodiak.

They ended up with money that works anywhere they want to spend it. Say, like on fancy watches.

We, on the other hand, ended up with a game that is constantly broke, in one way or another, and it has gotten worse every time they update it. Now compound that with an overwhelming sense of shadiness because they miscommunicate or fail to communicate to the public at large (this official forum). Now add that they make claims, like Dedicated Servers, but backpedal once time comes to deliver and you have the situation we are in now. Paying customers who no longer trust a company because of the way they've been treated. Gun Media isn't the first to suffer a cancellations or backlash from buyers, but they are one of the few to take it out on their customer base.

There is so much stuff they could have handled better. I even warned Wes that unless things changed and Gun Media became a part of the community they asked for support (as apposed to "The Watchmen" they've been) that things were only gonna get worse.

What's going on now is Gun Media's fault and the members of this forum are the ones being punished for it.

(I don't want a ban. I don't want to be censored. I just wanna be able to speak. I've not insulted anyone or been disrespectful. I've been honest. I've followed the rules here, Kodiak. You told me you were all fair mods and I trust you to be that. Please do not remove this.)

• Like 4

You complain about the game being incomplete, but you are still playing it, you still purchased it, you got your money's worth based on the time you were entertained. It's not that difficult to understand. If you really were annoyed by these developers, you wouldn't of purchased the game in the first place. Don't blame Gun just because you have buyers remorse. Take responsibility for your OWN decisions. 

Can't speak for that dude. But since the engine update and first hot fix, I barely play this. Many people have stopped playing this because it's not as fun as it was before the the engine upgrade. 

Balance issues and just natural game life cycle, it's a worse product than it was last year at this time.

• Like 1

Just now, malloymk said:

Can't speak for that dude. But since the engine update and first hot fix, I barely play this. Many people have stopped playing this because it's not as fun as it was before the the engine upgrade. 

Balance issues and just natural game life cycle, it's a worse product than it was last year at this time.

I am in the same boat. While I don't think the game is worse (I got stuck in a closet my very first play through on release), I think the people I had most fun playing with are gone, and the new factor has long since disappeared. I pop in on weekends sometimes, but I usually stop after a round or two. I am not going to sit here and say I didn't get my moneys worth though. This game has entertained me for many many hours. 

Just like to point out that in the original Reddit comment section IF Wampumstompum is Womp Stomp Films he claimed at one point he misspoke and it wasn't his fault if people ran off with wild theories.

Well i'd like to point out that is actually his fault due to the fact that what he said was in a post, not a face to face debate/interview but a post with which he has all the time in the world to review before posting he could have taking the time to look over what he read and change a few things, instead he waited till the dumpster caught fire and starting making excuses.

Just pointing this out not making accusations or wild theories.

You complain about the game being incomplete, but you are still playing it, you still purchased it, you got your money's worth based on the time you were entertained. It's not that difficult to understand. If you really were annoying by these developers, you wouldn't of purchased the game in the first place. Don't blame Gun just because you have buyers remorse. Take responsibility for your OWN decisions. 

I'm actually not playing the game and would estimate my time with it at less than 24 hrs. I dont have buyers remorse, it's just absolutely ridiculous that a year in and still no dedicated servers and the game is still buggy. 

Uber could easily be picked up again and “refurbished” into working. They cannot add new content like the missing music and sound effects, but they can certainly reuse old assets to fill in the gaps. There are plenty of machete slicing sound effects in the game that could be recycled. Forget the music. How hard would it be?

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

(I don't want a ban. I don't want to be censored. I just wanna be able to speak. I've not insulted anyone or been disrespectful. I've been honest. I've followed the rules here, Kodiak. You told me you were all fair mods and I trust you to be that. Please do not remove this.)

I'm not going to.