Corkenstein

NHA Director says Gun knew about the lawsuit deadline....

This is my theory on what I think happened and not stating it as a fact

So with this new info I think what happened was they knew the deadline was happening. But they needed to get lot out and still had work to do on uber and the last map. Instead of spending anymore money on something that will bring no $$$ they put the update as the main focus knowing they can just blame the suit on not being able to finish. Putting a price on the dlc would have been a remedy to this but would have went against what they promised, so just said fuck it. 

I had said before if you want to bash them on anything else go ahead but the suit was out of their hands. But this all seems more and more like they wanted out and took the out. Still think more needs to be uncovered before that can be stated as fact but I highly doubt the devs comment on the deadline as that could be the final nail in coffin. 

I just wish they be honest with us.  Make a comment here or something. But obviously, they are not going to after 10 pages. I been very loyal and still am. I purchased all the add-ons. I play the game a lot still. Sure I love to have more content. But right now I just wish they fix the game. I'm a casual gamer and I did not play any video games in close to 7 years and this game brought me back. Back then it was mostly sports games and yes I remember there being issues. But a long time gamer please answer me this is it normal for an update to break something else? The latest update to the game I am crashing more than it ever did. Anyway, I'm rambling. But I would be perfectly ok about us not getting more content if they just would fix what we have now. When the game is working it's so much fun. I also made several friends on Xbox because of it. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

In the age of instant information, people who use the internet are so quick to judge based on the tiniest piece of information. You can already tell this is a biased source with an agenda based on the commentary on the bottom. 

FYI, I don't have a horse in this race either way. I just notice some people have a hard time accepting no new content is coming. On the broader topic if Gun knew about the suit, who cares. I have tried the latest patch a few times now and it's a huge improvement over the initial engine upgrade patch. If Gun continues to patch the game awesome. If they don't move on to the next game. Last of Us 2 anyone?

Couldn't agree more.

1 hour ago, Kodiak said:

I know who you're referring to, and we only suspend people a certain number of times. We don't instantly permaban users for much. Can't tell you the details of other people's disciplinaries, but it didn't go straight to a permaban.

Also this is has gone off topic, and is a weird thread anyway. I'm not locking it, but let's keep to what this thread was started for. Other games can be discussed in their own threads :)

Yes, very interested to have you comment on this topic, so please do. As a side note thanks for not locking. ?

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think you’re right on an intellectual level,

It's the only level I'm capable of right now.  They tend to frown on it when I drink at work and get all emotional.

It makes me laugh the way they state that even if the lawsuit was resolved soon that development couldn't continue, because you can't halt development on a game for several months and return to it after...... it makes me laugh coz this would hold MUCH more validity 'IF' it wasn't for the fact that they just did EXACTLY that, held off on any development for the game for SEVERAL months whilst the Engine Upgrade was being finished.............. 

Soooo why was it perfectly acceptable for them during that period, but allegedly, even in the event the lawsuit was resolved tomorrow (I know it won't be but I'm just saying this is what they have said) it would be 'too late' to continue development for the game and they've completely written it off now! - Seems mighty 'convenient' to me! 

If they knew about the impending lawsuit deadline for new content to be stopped way back in January 2018 (which the evidence suggests they did) then it's even more 'convenient' that the development of other content was put on hold for several months for the 'Engine Upgrade' - which frankly wasn't much of an upgrade, so that upon the Engine Upgrade being finished and the SP being released, the announcement could be made of the lawsuit, with so little time as to conveniently not give them enough time to finish any of the other promised content before the lawsuits ruling to stop future game development came into effect. 

@scorpio the engine upgrade was game development...

I mean't new content. If the engine upgrade counts as 'development' enough to justify keeping employees on the books to work on more content 4-5 months down the line, then surely patches and the dedicated servers for consoles that are allegedly still being worked on would also count as sufficient 'development' to keep the option open to return to creating new content 'if' the lawsuit' were resolved soon. 

@scorpio

Well the upgrade also gave us several new things.

I'm not trying to argue here, just straightening out the facts.

• Like 1

Fair enough :) Not trying to argue with anyone on here either :) - Just feeling salty at the whole situation overall and how things in general have been handled by the devs since launch! 

17 minutes ago, scorpio said:

If they knew about the impending lawsuit deadline for new content to be stopped way back in January 2018 (which the evidence suggests they did)

Thought Killer Puzzle explicitly said the January deadline was for contractual reasons, not lawsuit reasons? Gun would have a separate contract. We have no idea what Gun's contract said. Their deadline could have been even sooner. Could have been later. No way of knowing based on Killer Puzzle's contract.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Truth said:

Well the upgrade also gave us several new thingsbugs.

Fixed that for you.?

6 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Fixed that for you.?

Bugs are content too!

23 minutes ago, Truth said:

Bugs are content too!

"It's not a bug, it's a feature."

47 minutes ago, scorpio said:

It makes me laugh the way they state that even if the lawsuit was resolved soon that development couldn't continue, because you can't halt development on a game for several months and return to it after...... it makes me laugh coz this would hold MUCH more validity 'IF' it wasn't for the fact that they just did EXACTLY that, held off on any development for the game for SEVERAL months whilst the Engine Upgrade was being finished.............. 

Soooo why was it perfectly acceptable for them during that period, but allegedly, even in the event the lawsuit was resolved tomorrow (I know it won't be but I'm just saying this is what they have said) it would be 'too late' to continue development for the game and they've completely written it off now! - Seems mighty 'convenient' to me! 

If they knew about the impending lawsuit deadline for new content to be stopped way back in January 2018 (which the evidence suggests they did) then it's even more 'convenient' that the development of other content was put on hold for several months for the 'Engine Upgrade' - which frankly wasn't much of an upgrade, so that upon the Engine Upgrade being finished and the SP being released, the announcement could be made of the lawsuit, with so little time as to conveniently not give them enough time to finish any of the other promised content before the lawsuits ruling to stop future game development came into effect. 

Pure speculation and a lot of assumptions. 

They did create content and release it, I don't understand this notion they were like sat twiddling their thumbs for several months. They obviously released as much as they could, in a rushed buggy state but got it out knowing they can fix bugs later. 

Why would any company pay for staff to sit around waiting for a lawsuit to settle with zero time frame to resume work on a game and it's for content that's at no extra cost or profit? 

What madness is this? 

31 minutes ago, Truth said:

Bugs are content too!

I'd love it if Gun came out with a game that was bugs and nothing but bugs. You open the game-Visual tearing and sound crackling, Start menu-all the options are in gibberish and when you find out which option is to start the game it takes you to the credits, Gameplay-Almost nonexistant just a T pose figure wandering through a rainbow world with occasional intrusions of white noise and sound bites playing that would make SHODAN seem eloquent by comparison.

If anything it would be like having an acid trip in game form :D

On a serious note though, did Never Hike Alone guy reply to this? To refute or confirm what was said and speculated?

1 minute ago, tpb1992 said:

On a serious note though, did Never Hike Alone guy reply to this? To refute or confirm what was said and speculated?

Not yet. He's not very active here, but he pops in once in a while. I'm sure he would be more than happy to elaborate.

2 minutes ago, tpb1992 said:

I'd love it if Gun came out with a game that was bugs and nothing but bugs. You open the game-Visual tearing and sound crackling, Start menu-all the options are in gibberish and when you find out which option is to start the game it takes you to the credits, Gameplay-Almost nonexistant just a T pose figure wandering through a rainbow world with occasional intrusions of white noise and sound bites playing that would make SHODAN seem eloquent by comparison.

If anything it would be like having an acid trip in game form :D

He responded. But it was just in different words. lol. It still confirmed that Gun knew about the deadline MONTHS ago and hid it. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

He responded. But it was just in different words. lol. It still confirmed that Gun knew about the deadline MONTHS ago and hid it. 

Where? I must have missed it.

3 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

Where? I must have missed it.

Is he the Wampumstompum in the comments section of the original post on Reddit arguing with the other users?

6 minutes ago, tpb1992 said:

Is he the Wampumstompum in the comments section of the original post on Reddit arguing with the other users?

That's why I asked him on here. I don't believe that's really him. It's Womp Stomp Films, not Wampumstompum. That makes me think it's some fake account.

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

That's why I asked him on here. I don't believe that's really him. It's Womp Stomp Films, not Wampumstompum. That makes me think it's some fake account.

You don't think this guy is the real guy?

https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/8wcqfp/never_hike_alone_director_confirms_gun_knew_about/e1v9kyv?utm_source=reddit-android

5 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

You don't think this guy is the real guy?

I still haven't bothered to read the article. I don't really care enough either.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

I still haven't bothered to read the article. I don't really care enough either.

He told me last night he was a backer of the game and blah blah blah...I didn't have time for the guy when he started backpedaling.