Redcat345

The official Release Uber Jason petition thread

I doubt there's any shot at all of them putting Uber in the game, but I'll quote myself from another thread to share my thoughts on how I think they could do it:

Here’s what they could do:

1. Uber will just have to share music when he’s near with another Jason. I don’t think anyone would really care. The same goes for the music for each cinematic kill.

2. Take his weapon out, and give him an existing in-game weapon as his default. With weapon swapping now available, no ones going to keep just one weapon on him anyway. This eliminates the issue of no SFX for his kills. Use existing counselor VO. 

3. I don’t have an answer for the UI/HUD work, but I’m sure that can be worked around too. 

4. He can still be given his own unique stats, because Jason stats already exist in the game, so no new content to be added there. 

I realize none of this is ideal, but it’s still better than never having him at all. 

They could also run a disclaimer saying that this is how he’ll be put in the game before they actually release him. 

If you look at Wes' Twitter feed he's been told a couple of times already that Uber Jason is not "new content".  His response if to deflect that by basically saying "Well, he isn't finished."  When someone responds back that you(Wes) said you can continue to fix existing things that were in the game before the deadline he just never responds back.

My post might get deleted for saying this, and I'm trying to say it in the most polite way possible, but the only conclusion any reasonable person can come to after seeing so much deflection is laziness on Wes/Gun's part.  It appears they have every legal right to add Uber Jason and continue to fix him.  They just don't want to.  If they just don't want to they should come out and say that instead of lying and making excuses.

Again, if anyone is interested check out his Twitter page and look at the back and forth exchanges between him and other players.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zmccain said:

If you look at Wes' Twitter feed he's been told a couple of times already that Uber Jason is not "new content".  His response if to deflect that by basically saying "Well, he isn't finished."  When someone responds back that you(Wes) said you can continue to fix existing things that were in the game before the deadline he just never responds back.

My post might get deleted for saying this, and I'm trying to say it in the most polite way possible, but the only conclusion any reasonable person can come to after seeing so much deflection is laziness on Wes/Gun's part.  It appears they have every legal right to add Uber Jason and continue to fix him.  They just don't want to.  If they just don't want to they should come out and say that instead of lying and making excuses.

Again, if anyone is interested check out his Twitter page and look at the back and forth exchanges between him and other players.

I've said it many times. They don't wanna do it cause we complain about broke patches and terrible policy on their part.

It's revenge........or that's what it feels like anyway.

its obvious its because he cant be monetized, i understand that but i think its because of a kill pack they cant charge for, anyone who saw the machete x kills saw 6 kills, 3 would be with it an 3 for a kill pack, since they cant sell the kill pack they wont release any of it, this is how i see it, plus all the other points in this thread but this is my strongest belief.

At this point, I'm willing to overlook the unfinished aspects of Uber Jason. Since he seems playable without crashes and he doesn't seem to be inducing gamebreaking bugs, I think we can all agree that we prefer playing with the unfinished but playable Uber Jason in the game's files over not getting Uber Jason at all. I know Wes and Hobbs are officially against giving us unfinished content but we're at a point where many of us will appreciate being allowed to play with what is already in the game's files and understand that it's the best thing that the developers can do given their situation thanks to the case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaintedSadMask said:

At this point, I'm willing to overlook the unfinished aspects of Uber Jason. Since he seems playable without crashes and he doesn't seem to be inducing gamebreaking bugs, I think we can all agree that we prefer playing with the unfinished but playable Uber Jason in the game's files over not getting Uber Jason at all. I know Wes and Hobbs are officially against giving us unfinished content but we're at a point where many of us will appreciate being allowed to play with what is already in the game's files and understand that it's the best thing that the developers can do given their situation thanks to the case.

I’m not sure how they can say they are against giving us “unfinished content” when that’s basically what this game has been this whole time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’m not sure how they can say they are against giving us “unfinished content” when that’s basically what this game has been this whole time.

And as someone pointed out to Wes on Twitter Part 9 Jason was initially released unfinished.

Just now, zmccain said:

And as someone pointed out to Wes on Twitter Part 9 Jason was initially released unfinished.

YUUUUUP! And with one of the EXACT same “unfinished” things Wes claims Uber Jason has...... Music. It’s just more and more lies and bullshit from this company. I can’t believe it. 

I've already said how I feel about this, and I think it hits some good points, so I'll just share that post here.

Needless to say, you can consider me "signed" to this petition.

• Like 1

I highly doubt we'll be getting anything worthwhile from them now, but sure why not.

Guys, look. They've given you the answer already, a petition thread is not going to help anything at all and is literally just cluttering up the forum at this point. There is nothing anyone can do that is going to get Uber released, we're all just going to have to deal with it. It's not happening. I really wanted him and the Grendel too but there's nothing any of us can do.

• Like 1

@Evil @The Doctor @DeadlyD 
Yes, there are a handful of games that succeeded at supporting their title beyond the one year mark. I didn't said it was a concrete line, I said most games hit that mark and then the devs have to move on to their next project. The reason for this is how the basics of video game economics work. Everyone jumps on the hot new title in the first two months it's out. Then sales plummet after that due to used copies being available, new titles taking the limelight, and/or a handful of other reasons. As sales start to wain, the developer needs to start thinking about their next revenue producing project to keep the lights on. They basically take the money they made on their recent game, squirrel most of it away, and then slowly spend it to fund their next development cycle over the next 2-3 years.

The DLC to keep them afloat doesn't usually work for most games. Paid DLC is a very minor revenue intake that often doesn't generate much more money than it cost to develop. Around 15-25% of players buy DLC depending on which study you read*, and that figure tends to be even lower for non-game changing stuff (emotes, for instance). Lets say there's 25,000 players still regularly logging in by the time they can make DLC again. If 20% of them buy a $5 DLC every time one releases, that's only $25,000 generated (5000 players x $5). That's not even half of one employee's yearly salary. Even if they released a DLC pack every month, that wouldn't be enough to pay rent on their office and payroll a five person staff. And that's assuming they could consistently develop DLC that's of a high enough quality that 20% of the player base would be willing to buy it. DLC is not a viable economic plan by itself.

With internet available for basically everyone, and the growing popularity of free to play w/ micro-transaction game design, game support length is becoming longer. That's only works for certain kinds of games though. This sort of game was never going to be able to generate constantly engaging DLC content to keep the community repeatedly pulling out their credit cards, so they went for the full price game release route instead. With that model of release, game sales are where the money is earned; DLC is how the developer keeps the community engaged and coming back while their new project is being drawn up and planned. Support for most games usually lasts during this planning phase and then the developer moving their developers and engineers onto their companies next title, which is usually 9-12 months later after the storyboards are drawn up and the game design is ready to move forward. There are definitely rare exceptions to this rule in the full game release spectrum, but those exceptions usually need 10,000,000 in games sales or more and a pretty dedicated player base so the DLC sales can keep them going. This project didn't have either of those things, so it's likely that the Jason X DLC they were working on was going to be the last of their content anyways. So we all really only missed out on one skin and map. 

*Here's the one I used that puts the range between 16-23% for reference: 
https://www.alistdaily.com/digital/npd-77-percent-gamers-willing-pay-microtransactions/