Redcat345

The official Release Uber Jason petition thread

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

it's probably not financially worth it for Gun to try and push that envelop for a game that's already a year old. 

It's a bit dismaying to think the average shelf life of a game is roughly "a year old" and therefore not worth it to continue with it. @Gun GL with Project Melies, I guess?

16 minutes ago, JPops said:

If you have an issue you may PM me. However rules still apply in forum areas. The criteria is pretty clear in those regards. 

Perfectly fine, someone had asked you what thread you were referencing. 

The pm him part is the invitation he is referencing

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah, I’m confused too.

Sounds like maybe someone just alluded to something like them spying on our PM conversations?

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's a bit dismaying to think the average shelf life of a game is roughly "a year old" and therefore not worth it to continue with it. @Gun GL with Project Melies, I guess?

Honestly, think about most of the games you play, and a year is probably a generous timeline for most to receive DLC support. Other than the truly rare monster hits like GTA and Skyrim, a couple of DLC packs are about all that most games ever see before the next game development cycle begins. Most games sales figures plummet after about 1-2 months on the shelf and it just isn't financially viable to continue supporting them after about a year. That said, I've got like three conversations going that I'd like to keep up but am about to leave work and drive home. I'll see if I can spare some time tomorrow to chat more. For now though, I'm out. *Smoke Bomb* 

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Honestly, think about most of the games you play, and a year is probably a generous timeline for most to receive DLC support. Other than the truly rare monster hits like GTA and Skyrim, a couple of DLC packs are about all that most games ever see before the next game development cycle begins. That said, I've got like three conversations going that I'd like to keep up but am about to leave work and drive home. I'll see if I can spare some time tomorrow to chat more. For now though, I'm out. *Smoke Bomb* 

I play Destiny, games by blizzard like Diablo 3 starcraft and I could go on. Those games shelf life are definitely not 1 year though..

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Honestly, think about most of the games you play, and a year is probably a generous timeline for most to receive DLC support. Other than the truly rare monster hits like GTA and Skyrim, a couple of DLC packs are about all that most games ever see before the next game development cycle begins. That said, I've got like three conversations going that I'd like to keep up but am about to leave work and drive home. I'll see if I can spare some time tomorrow to chat more. For now though, I'm out. *Smoke Bomb* 

80% of 1 year shelf life games are sports games

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Evil said:

I play Destiny, games by blizzard like Diablo 3 starcraft and I could go in. Those games shelf life are definitely not 1 year though..

Those are all major, major success stories like I said. Way bigger than this game. Diablo 3 sold more copies in it's first week available than this game has to this day. It's over 30 million copies sold. Friday had 2 million copies after 2 months (and at a lower price point). There's your years of extra support. Also, Destiny was a different beast cause it's marketed like an MMO with multiple $30 expansions that have to keep being bought on top of each other. It's not like a standard FPS game release such as Halo or Call of Duty. All the Call of Duty games only get 9-15 months of support before the marketing campaign starts churning focus onto their next holiday release. Alright, now I'm really out. Bye guys. 

6 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

80% of 1 year shelf life games are sports games

Seems statistically unlikely when there's only one football, two basketball, two soccer, one hockey, and one baseball game that are released every year anymore due to licensing restrictions. 7 games doesn't even make up 80% of the games that release in a single month. Don't believe me if you want, I can actually back my statements up with data tomorrow when I get back to work if you want it. As a small example, here's Assassins Creed Origins only three DLC packs all planned to release in the first six months of release. 
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/16/assassins-creed-origins-dlc-packs-release-dates-announced

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Those are all major, major success stories like I said. Way bigger than this game. Diablo 3 sold more copies in it's first week available than this game has to this day. It's over 30 million copies sold. Friday had 2 million copies after 2 months (and at a lower price point). There's your years of extra support. Also, Destiny was a different beast cause it's marketed like an MMO with multiple $30 expansions that have to keep being bought on top of each other. It's not like a standard FPS game release such as Halo or Call of Duty. All the Call of Duty games only get 9-15 months of support before the marketing campaign starts churning focus onto their next holiday release. Alright, now I'm really out. Bye guys. 

How about killing floor 2 then? Came out forever ago and it's still being supported.

15 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Even if its a good game, I refuse to give it a second of my attention.

1 minute ago, F134Ever86 said:

Even if its a good game, I refuse to give it a second of my attention.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twic...nah there will definitely not be a twice

18 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Sounds like maybe someone just alluded to something like them spying on our PM conversations?

That it did, can’t imagine what else it could have meant.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

That it did, can’t imagine what else it could have meant.

20 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

21 minutes ago, Evil said:

The pm him part is the invitation he is referencing

28 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Honestly, think about most of the games you play, and a year is probably a generous timeline for most to receive DLC support. Other than the truly rare monster hits like GTA and Skyrim, a couple of DLC packs are about all that most games ever see before the next game development cycle begins. Most games sales figures plummet after about 1-2 months on the shelf and it just isn't financially viable to continue supporting them after about a year. That said, I've got like three conversations going that I'd like to keep up but am about to leave work and drive home. I'll see if I can spare some time tomorrow to chat more. For now though, I'm out. *Smoke Bomb* 

Aside from the obvious and noted big difference here that those are major studios with a vastly larger budget and this game was a KS project, it should be bared in mind that this game is more or less Gun's flagship/key moneymaker and to discontinue it except under legal reproach seems foolish. They also are targeting a long wanted and under-served niche in the gaming market with very few competitors. I'll disregard arguments like "Well this game isn't really complete, it still is very broken, a lot of the stretch goals were not met, promises weren't fulfilled, etc." Taking it at face value that this game is "done" (as in, a complete product when it hit retail stores), it has/had a lot of potential to grow. It would seem reasonable to assume it would be financially viable to support it to continue development, albeit we're hinged on the legal argument again. PAYDAY 2 filled a budding genre of FPS's and constantly pumped out $5-8 DLCs to continue its support which has lasted going on 4 years (I won't get into the doozy of talking about microtransactions). 

I guess my question to Gun would be: is it honestly a more financially safe bet with Project Melies or this game? Only they really know that answer, or even if they're right or wrong, they've already made up their minds on the matter. Parroting what a lot of people have been saying, but this franchise is a guaranteed seller, so it's somewhat baffling how they've rationalized putting the game to bed.

Its not the only thing to be put to bed. I'll be amazed if they become successful in the industry.

@The Doctor wait is this "project melies" real? i thought it was a joke lol i read it as "me lies" looking at unkept promises lol

3 minutes ago, DeadlyD said:

@The Doctor wait is this "project melies" real? i thought it was a joke lol i read it as "me lies" looking at unkept promises lol

It's real. 

I personally say WE Keep Jason alive!  Were the loyal fans that out lots a income on this we spent   we deserve uber.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It's real. 

Looks amazing, right? Those visuals really pull me into the game and I'm just anticipating it's successful debut. ?

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Looks amazing, right? Those visuals really pull me into the game and I'm just anticipating it's successful debut. ?

Sorry, I wouldn't buy that game with someone else's money.

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

Sorry, I wouldn't buy that game with someone else's money.

Remember who's posting, please

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

Remember who's posting, please

Remember who's posting, please

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JPops said:

If you have an issue you may PM me.

I did, remember:

jpops.PNG.ddcff3b2add0e4b79a5b980c62eb17

The puzzle game can put out new content so can Gun! Uber is in the game and can be finished! The puzzle game is already putting out content that was hidden within the game. 

8 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

The puzzle game can put out new content so can Gun! Uber is in the game and can be finished! The puzzle game is already putting out content that was hidden within the game. 

We also just got confirmation that Gun knew about the deadline MONTHS ago. This was all on purpose.