Redcat345

The official Release Uber Jason petition thread

Anyone else hear delusional ranting about missing game modes?

terrible it wasn’t fun enough for us.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I don't work for or represent Gun. I'm just a dude. Also, I then deleted the comment right after posting it cause I knew someone with no sense of humor that takes video games way to seriously would be very upset that their feelings got hurt. I guess you beat me to the punch. ?

Don't ever change baby you are loved

12 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Either the makers of Killer Puzzle are really gutsy, or it could be that since it's such a small game there's no as much to worry about in terms of additional content, or that content could have already been certified, who knows.

No. The makers of Killer Puzzle just confirmed what we already knew. That if it’s already in the code, like Uber Jason, it doesn’t count as new content. Gun just doesn’t want to do it. 

1 minute ago, Evil said:

Don't ever change baby you are loved

I feel your love inside me, Evil, and I appreciate its warmth. 

• Like 1

I feel your love inside me, Evil, and I appreciate its warmth. 

I'm that little voice inside you all that says Fuck You to the people you hate :)

If you have an issue you may PM me. However rules still apply in forum areas. The criteria is pretty clear in those regards. 

7 minutes ago, Truth said:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20420-in-case-youre-wondering-why-i-left/

Most of it was deleted though.

@JPops Is it alright with you that I post the link here? Or are you just going to delete it again?

Perfectly fine, someone had asked you what thread you were referencing. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

No. The makers of Killer Puzzle just confirmed what we already knew. That if it’s already in the code, like Uber Jason, it doesn’t count as new content. Gun just doesn’t want to do it. 

That doesn't mean they're allowed to continue developing it though, and what if the current Jason X build has massive game breaking issues that haven't been ironed out like overpowered running or the ability to speak at a 4th grade level? Sometimes less is more if the more is a half complete product. 

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

That doesn't mean they're allowed to continue developing it though, and what if the current Jason X build has massive game breaking issues that haven't been ironed out like overpowered running or the ability to speak at a 4th grade level? Sometimes less is more if the more is a half complete product. 

But they could fix it under the 'bug fixing clause amirite?

3 minutes ago, JPops said:

If you have an issue you may PM me. However rules still apply in forum areas. The criteria is pretty clear in those regards. 

Not quite sure who you're talking to. Mind quoting the people its aimed at? Sorry if this is a double post

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Clearly he doesn’t, we’ve seen him used already. Plays just fine. And even if he did, they can just patch it later. They just don’t want to. Killer Puzzle confirms everything we’ve been saying. If it’s in the code already, it doesn’t count as new content. 

The game’s already broken. Why not break it more so we can get uber?

• Like 3

Just now, Evil said:

But they could fix it under the 'bug fixing clause amirite?

It's laws man. There's a thousand ways the plantiff can make them stop and there's a thousand counter ways they could try to push forward, but in the end, it's probably not financially worth it for Gun to try and push that envelop for a game that's already a year old. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Clearly he doesn’t, we’ve seen him used already. Plays just fine. And even if he did, they can just patch it later. They just don’t want to. Killer Puzzle confirms everything we’ve been saying. If it’s in the code already, it doesn’t count as new content. 

Just now, Hugh D Paul said:

Stop it you two I have already run out of likes

• Like 1

@Evil that invitation is to anyone. It wasn't directed ant anyone specifically.

Just now, Hugh D Paul said:

I honestly can't counter that argument... ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

It's laws man. There's a thousand ways the plantiff can make them stop and there's a thousand counter ways they could try to push forward, but in the end, it's probably not financially worth it for Gun to try and push that envelop for a game that's already a year old. 

I see what you're saying chief wiggum jr but we have these posts where they claim it's their passion more than anything. We need a Jurassic park owner. Spare no expense. Because right now the dinos are loose

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I just said that they probably can't patch him later because of the court order. If they got handed a cease and desist order, then they have to do both cease AND desist using the IP for further gains. It's also highly likely that the dinky puzzle game isn't under nearly as much scrutiny as this game because Sean Cunningham is actually assisting with this project, so if Victor really wanted to stick it to Sean this would be what he directs his lawyers to pay the most attention to. 

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

If it's not just, it's not law!

I just said that they probably can't patch him later because of the court order. If they got handed a cease and desist order, then they have to do both cease AND desist using the IP for further gains. It's also highly likely that the dinky puzzle game isn't under nearly as much scrutiny as this game because Sean Cunningham is actually assisting with this project, so if Victor really wanted to stick it to Sean this would be what he directs his lawyers to pay the most attention to. 

We do have an email stating VM has no problem with the game continuing though...

3 minutes ago, Evil said:

I see what you're saying chief wiggum jr but we have these posts where they claim it's their passion more than anything. We need a Jurassic park owner. Spare no expense.

That owner got most of his staff killed. Same theory with this. From a management perspective, is it worth chasing a pet project at the expense of 4-6 guys being let go and your business going under? There's always the chance they get a crack at a sequel when this silly lawsuit is settled. They can start with a fresh source code, hire a couple of solid engineers to help them develop the frame work and overall build the game everyone hoped they were getting last May. They definitely can't do that though if they're bankrupt. Basically discretion is the better part of valor in this instance. 

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

In this case, the plaintiff is Cunningham (the guy who gave Gun the IP). Victor Miller filled a motion but the lawsuit in question is because Cunningham sued Miller to stop him. (Or this is my understanding from everything I've read)

I see no reason why the guy in bed with Gun Media would stop them from releasing Uber.

That owner got most of his staff killed. Same theory with this. From a management perspective, is it worth chasing a pet project at the expense of 4-6 guys being let go and your business going under? There's always the chance they get a crack at a sequel when this silly lawsuit is settled. They can start with a fresh source code, hire a couple of solid engineers to help them develop the frame work and overall build the game everyone hoped they were getting last May. 

But he also did what was right. And they did keep trying to reopen the park. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Evil said:

We do have an email stating VM has no problem with the game continuing though...

Right, once he's won and is fairly compensated. The courts are holding it up because Cunningham is involved and he's the defendant in the case. I'm not saying Victor is the evil villain holding everything at gun point, the game is just a casualty in his and Sean's argument, like children watching their parents fight basically. 

7 minutes ago, JPops said:

@Evil that invitation is to anyone. It wasn't directed ant anyone specifically.

What invitation?

Right, once he's won and is fairly compensated. The courts are holding it up because Cunningham is involved and he's the defendant in the case. I'm not saying Victor is the evil villain holding everything at gun point, the game is just a casualty in his and Sean's argument, like children watching their parents fight basically. 

What I'm saying though is there are both sides that show support for the game.