Hugh D Paul

The Balance Between Jason Voorhees & The Camp Counselors

@Ahab The double HP isn't meant to be the only measure to help with the issue. I know it wouldn't stop the hit squads but it'd make it harder. Along with a few other tweaks I think it would be able to be balanced out. As to the no double tapping I'm not even sure what you're referring to. I only brought my demasking with Fox up as an example of why I think he needs that HP buff so bad. The poor guy lost his mask within 2 minutes of the game starting and ended up dying after I grabbed the sweater and hauled the axe to Tommy. It's made worse by the fact nobody was talking in that game.

@GeneiJin I keep forgetting to add marking the Tommy radio to my list of tweaks to help fix the weakness to kill squads.

@thrawn3054 With the double tap... what I meant was timing your strike with a machete or axe just as Jason comes out of a stun (or other animation) when he has no chance of getting a block up to defend against it. This is the easiest way to demask him and requires only enough skill to recognize when to swing the weapon. Others use the term double tap for other forms of attack... sorry for the confusion. It can take some real skill to get Jason's mask off without using this tactic... Just removing this as an option would go a long way towards making the Jason kill more difficult.

@GeneiJin I was up in the air with the Tommy box being marked for Jason. But now I do not think this would hurt counselors too much. It may even change up some tactics on their parts. It will hurt known kill squads as the Jason player will just camp that box until Tommy is no longer a threat... as in, no more female counselors to grab the sweater. But camping it will cost that Jason player a good many escapes from the rest of the players that just want to escape. Jason cannot be everywhere at once... so I do not think this is too overpowered for Jason... and it probably would help.
   I am still hoping for the slowed block to at least be reverted to what it was... and some tweaks to combat. That mask is just too easy to remove.
   I want it fair for both sides as well... this is the biggest problem the game has to overcome. We really don't know what is too much of a buff or a nerf until it has been in game for a while and players get used to it. Sometimes things can seem too overpowered to one side... yet the other side figures out an easy workaround and now it just looks like a nerf. Either way, we will be stuck with whatever change the devs decide to make for some time, whether we like them or not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

@GeneiJin I was up in the air with the Tommy box being marked for Jason. But now I do not think this would hurt counselors too much. It may even change up some tactics on their parts. It will hurt known kill squads as the Jason player will just camp that box until Tommy is no longer a threat... as in, no more female counselors to grab the sweater. But camping it will cost that Jason player a good many escapes from the rest of the players that just want to escape. Jason cannot be everywhere at once... so I do not think this is too overpowered for Jason... and it probably would help.

Yes, a entire Jason Kill-squad can be crushed if Jason just camps that box.  This isn't a bad thing.  As you stated, if Jason wanna just squat at that box then entire game, then everyone can work on objectives, escape, and Jason will go 0/7 ("But at least I didn't die as Jason", :rolleyes: lol).    People don't think of the Jason kill as an objective, but it is. Just like any other objective, being too invested on a single objective makes it easy for Jason to challenge it.  This is why I prefer only 1 (myself) or one other to dedicate themselves working on a Jason kill, while everyone else work on something else.  Ether Jason is challenging them to allowing me to do my work or Jason is pursuing me giving everyone else a chance to work on a escape.  The typical Kill-squad, if Tommy is call, just needs to bully Jason until the mask comes off, sweater and Tommy's spawn can happen ether before or after the demask, doesn't matter.  Usually though, if the Jason kill fails or Jason controls the Tommy call, these groups don't work on objectives until it's too late >:D.  By making Tommy's call more similar to fighting for the cops call, it won't prevent Kill-squads, but it will make them more creative on their approach and will be more fair (and fun) for both parties.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ahab said:

With the double tap..

I thought you meant , you couldn´t stun Jason again when he is on his knees (you can´t kill Jason then for some reason).

12 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

The double HP isn't meant to be the only measure to help with the issue

…….2

times

equals

That´s quick math isn´t it?

Sorry , I had to.

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

@The Wolf with that Toast If you read my post you'd have seen it took 3 hits for me to demask Jason. 3 times 2 is 6. Next time you decide to be snarky at least be right.

Well , but a Squad (which isn´t even needed) , with Tommy or Buggzy only Needs two hits. And also demasking Jason solo should be really hard.

@The Wolf with that Toast It should be hard. That was my entire point. The odds of me having pulled off 6 hits without getting got are alot less then 3. Yes Buggzy or Tommy would only take 4 hits then, but the added HP was only part of the equation. The marking of the radio tower for Jason would be the most effective, but I'm not sure if that would be considered new content. Adding HP would only be balancing and would be allowed. 

1 minute ago, thrawn3054 said:

It should be hard. That was my entire point. The odds of me having pulled off 6 hits without getting got are alot less then 3. Yes Buggzy or Tommy would only take 4 hits then, but the added HP was only part of the equation. The marking of the radio tower for Jason would be the most effective, but I'm not sure if that would be considered new content. Adding HP would only be balancing and would be allowed. 

Yeah...he could really Need something to fight against Groups which isn´t too limited like throwing knives.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Yes, a entire Jason Kill-squad can be crushed if Jason just camps that box.  This isn't a bad thing.  As you stated, if Jason wanna just squat at that box then entire game, then everyone can work on objectives, escape, and Jason will go 0/7 ("But at least I didn't die as Jason", :rolleyes: lol).    People don't think of the Jason kill as an objective, but it is. Just like any other objective, being too invested on a single objective makes it easy for Jason to challenge it.  This is why I prefer only 1 (myself) or one other to dedicate themselves working on a Jason kill, while everyone else work on something else.  Ether Jason is challenging them to allowing me to do my work or Jason is pursuing me giving everyone else a chance to work on a escape.  The typical Kill-squad, if Tommy is call, just needs to bully Jason until the mask comes off, sweater and Tommy's spawn can happen ether before or after the demask, doesn't matter.  Usually though, if the Jason kill fails or Jason controls the Tommy call, these groups don't work on objectives until it's too late >:D.  By making Tommy's call more similar to fighting for the cops call, it won't prevent Kill-squads, but it will make them more creative on their approach and will be more fair (and fun) for both parties.

This happened in one of my matches last night. Had a good battle at the fuse box where we eventually got the cops called but no one else hit any other objectives while we had Jason at the house for a good 5mins. No one lasted the next 5 mins because of it. pressure from more then one angle always increases chance of escape/kill. Have to keep Jason busy and moving.

18 hours ago, HuDawg said:

You're always so over dramatic about everything.  You're like a try hard QP player who seems to not enjoy the game, yet still wants to play it in QP.

First off, theres no such thing as Jason players picking Packanack or Crystal Lake in QP.     Thats not how shit works. (Jason is random and the host picks the maps)

Second, for a Jason player to tell you to SHUT UP and put on hypochondriac and get over it..  Must of been due to you complaining about med sprays after Jason killed you.    So i agree. SHUT UP and get over it...😆  What do you expect?

And seriously,  No one should be hitting Jason through a door.  So dealing with it is simple.  

“For you to say Jason’s are telling you to pick up hypochondriac and shutup means that’s you’re salty cause you just died”

i’ll Forgive your obviouse typical forum member kneejerk reaction in ignorance but I was talking about forums...not anything happening in game ...my deaths are rare sir🤣.Host are picking the map in the case that they will be Jason and get to play easy mode...That is how “shit works” I don’t know where you playing at ..AND DAMN STRAIGHT I’m a try hard and I win 80 percent of the time too .. so HAAAAAAAAA.I play with a bunch of newbie councilors  with maybe one on the mic and I STILL WIIIN DESPITE devs buffin Jason ..I wish we were  able to get our statistics so I could  show them off here..I go 2 on 1 against Jason and still WIIIN 🤪🤪     🤷‍♂ 😕

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A double grab/execution with Jason would have been cool for fighting off teams. Too bad that will never happen either. 

40 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

“For you to say Jason’s are telling you to pick up hypochondriac and shutup means that’s you’re salty cause you just died”

i’ll Forgive your obviouse typical forum member kneejerk reaction in ignorance but I was talking about forums...not anything happening in game ...my deaths are rare sir🤣.Host are picking the map in the case that they will be Jason and get to play easy mode...That is how “shit works” I don’t know where you playing at ..AND DAMN STRAIGHT I’m a try hard and I win 80 percent of the time too .. so HAAAAAAAAA.I play with a bunch of newbie councilors  with maybe one on the mic and I STILL WIIIN DESPITE devs buffin Jason ..I wish we were  able to get our statistics so I could  show them off here..I go 2 on 1 against Jason and still WIIIN 🤪🤪     🤷‍♂ 😕

Holy , shit only a noob has Problems with Jason , so don´t fucking brag around like you´re good. Just go to DbD , nobody fucking wants you here. 

Damn , @Zenigundam is awesome when I see you. PLEASE SOMEBODY BAN TIFFANYCAKES!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

What is considered "winning" in this game?

43 minutes ago, TiffanyCakes said:

Here we go again. Are you Xbox @TiffanyCakes? I’m interested in seeing how good you are. Always looking to play against good players that can’t be stopped. look for me I’m on every night between 8 and 9 mountain time. If I’m not on you can look up the group crystal lake Maniacs and play with any of them as they are also on every night. My gamer tag A CER1AL KILL3R 

😂😂😂 she should look ya up Cer1al!! The other one is waiting in line to play.. but I mean with all of us we have two spots so Tiffany Cakes can join in with The other guy :) 

1 hour ago, TiffanyCakes said:

I’m a try hard and I win 80 percent of the time too .. so HAAAAAAAAA.I play with a bunch of newbie councilors  with maybe one on the mic and I STILL WIIIN DESPITE devs buffin Jason ..I wish we were  able to get our statistics so I could  show them off here..I go 2 on 1 against Jason and still WIIIN 🤪🤪     🤷‍♂ 😕

lol...

You play with newbie counselors.     ...  You also play against newbie Jasons.  (Jason is random).   

Newbie Jasons are the one that you're 'winning' against.   And good Jasons seem to get your panties in a bunch because they slaughter your ass.  

Buffing Jason is always a must.  Its to keep people like you in check.  Your complaining falls on mostly deaf ears because most people know exactly what this game is about.  

You whine about not being able to HIT Jason through doors for fuck sakes.   

Also the only thing i see hosts doing is picking counselors as their preference and then picking small maps.  That way they can find everything faster, beat on Jason quicker or kill him.  While praying Jason is a newbie and can be toyed with.

Face it Baby Cakes..  You're to high on yourself.   Theres tons of people like you who think they are awesome.. That when they do go up against a Jason player that knows what they are doing. End up blaming the game instead of just accepting their damn fate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well , I think it is a ''he'' because his profile wall has just a zoomed in butt of Tiffany. Well , she could be lesbian but what Girl talks like that? :

I go 2 on 1 against Jason and still WIIIN 🤪🤪     🤷‍♂ 😕

HAAAAAAAAA

AND DAMN STRAIGHT I’m a try hard

It´s a fucking kid in puberty , Nothing more.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Well this escalated quickly. 

You saw the Point where it told me to die? Yeah.

35 minutes ago, Tashi Washi said:

He or she lets play it out on the game then you can recant your comment 

But Slash it , otherwise it will leave mid-grab.

And since you´re new here…...

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us!

• Like 2

@TiffanyCakes: While I agree with some of what you have said (there’s no reason for the developers to get rid of health sprays), I think the majority of users would agree with this statement: counselors are overpowered when working together, and Jason is overpowered when the camers are not working together.

As I have played firsthand with both @Cer1alkill3r and @Tashi Washi, I have witnessed how hard counselors can be to kill when properly teaming up to either kill Jason or repair objectives. Out of our three full matches, I was killed once, and killed all of them in the second and third. This shows that the scale is somewhat in the counselor’s favor (as I was almost killed twice), but not to the extent that a high-level Jason player cannot stop the kill and get an 8/8. But you have to be a good Jason player. With the balance the way it is now, Jason players are forced to really work to kill all the counselors, and counselors have it a little bit easier when working together. And when you combine that with the skill level of both players, and the random circumstances of the match, you end up with a different experience for each match. 

Ultimately, the balance is tipped in the cousnelor’s favor when playing as a group, and it is in Jason’s favor when not working has a group.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hugh D Paul said:

@TiffanyCakes: While I agree with some of what you have said (there’s no reason for the developers to get rid of health sprays), I think the majority of users would agree with this statement: counselors are overpowered when working together, and Jason is overpowered when the camers are not working together.

As I have played firsthand with both @Cer1alkill3r and @Tashi Washi, I have witnessed how hard counselors can be to kill when properly teaming up to either kill Jason or repair objectives. Out of our three full matches, I was killed once, and killed all of them in the second and third. This shows that the scale is somewhat in the counselor’s favor (as I was almost killed twice), but not to the extent that a high-level Jason player cannot stop the kill and get an 8/8. But you have to be a good Jason player. With the balance the way it is now, Jason players are forced to really work to kill all the counselors, and counselors have it a little bit easier when working together. And when you combine that with the skill level of both players, and the random circumstances of the match, you end up with a different experience for each match. 

Ultimately, the balance is tipped in the cousnelor’s favor when playing as a group, and it is in Jason’s favor when not working has a group.

And the big difference in the games we played is you knew we were going for the kill. If a Jason is playing unaware that the whole point of the match is the kill,they don’t survive. A team of two or three good players is too much for Jason. You should play with us more often Paul. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cer1alkill3r said:

And the big difference in the games we played is you knew we were going for the kill. If a Jason is playing unaware that the whole point of the match is the kill,they don’t survive. A team of two or three good players is too much for Jason. You should play with us more often Paul. 

I would love to play more with you guys. It’s a cool group. I’ll be on most weekends.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2018 at 11:00 AM, Hugh D Paul said:

What is the balance between Jason Voorhees and the Camp Counselors?

For those of you who have responded or looked through my original post on this topic, my opinion on the matter has changed causing me to edit the original. If you would like to take a look at the updated version, it is on the first page of this topic. Thank you.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You saw the Point where it told me to die? Yeah.

But Slash it , otherwise it will leave mid-grab.

And since you´re new here…...

Welcome to the Forum and don´t Forget to introduce yourself! http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

We are happy to welcome you!.......Well , atleast most of us!

Thanks!!! I did the intro!! But now I’m going mia bc I’m going to play the game!! I still have a few badges to go!! But if anyone would like to play with me, that’s great we all love to meet new people and play with different people! It’s fun! 

• Like 1