agnes

So Any Clue What Lazurus Mode was going to be?

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Can you elaborate as to why you think that? I'm not claiming that they're one in the same, but I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary either. The only reason I would even suppose that they could be one in the same is due to the fact that it would be yet another game mode on top of the other(s) that were never finished, which is a lot more work and effort than simply designing some costumes and emotes in Blender.

That being said, I can't wrap my mind around Gun/IllFonic's insanity half of the time so I don't even try.

Paranoia Mode was clearly based around the notion of someone else being the killer (other than Jason) - i.e. Part V - even the teaser ended with the slogan 'Who is V' - It's no co-incidence that Roy was released around the same time that plans for Paranoia Mode were abandoned, I have no doubt in my mind he was originally intended to either have something to do with the mode, or at the very least be released at the same time to drive home the idea of someone other than Jason being the killer.

Also, the SS Lazarus (the boat) is from Part 8 - so u see - this has nothing to do with Part 4 which is where the entire concept of Paranoia Mode originated from.

Therefore the chances of Lazarus being a new code name for the Paranoia Mode project is slim to none - leaning towards none. 

'If' this new mode had been named something in line with Part 4 then 'maybe' I could buy this theory of it being a renamed Paranoia Mode but for the above reasons I doubt it. Furthermore they spent A LOT of time and resources advertising the new mode as 'Paranoia Mode' so I doubt they'd rename it after all the advertising they did for it with the name 'Paranoia Mode'.

1 hour ago, Evil said:

I don't see how they can be worried about them looking bad it's already happened... a lot... the damage control is in overdrive sure but I don't see why they care at this point. Like how they removed the currently viewing part of their profiles to hide their movements better, or even the jpops apology fiasco where it was blatant to anyone with a brain stem that he just changed the you to an I in the message he received chewing him out over how he perceives anyone who dissents. Or any of the facts coming out lately that show most of what they said was false. Can't wait for alders documentary where it goes onto detail about the savini code scandal and how an employee was involved with it. Tldr; I don't know why they care about appearances, they already look bad and no amount of forum censorship will change that.

Well, they presumably still intend to make Video Games after this debacle that is Fri 13th. Even if most of the Fri 13th customers are now wise to them and won't give them a penny for future projects, they still will want to maintain their image with other companies in order to better their chances for distribution etc of their future products.

Even if the game is being panned critically, the fact is they still made A LOT of money from this and with the game going down the toilet now with the lawsuit and the continued terrible patches that create more bugs than they fix, the fact is, they'll use this as an excuse to not implement console servers (even tho they say they are still working on it, I am sure a new excuse is imminent). Eventually (I give it 6 months tops) they'll close the servers down for PC and this will be even more money they are saving - again leading the game overall to have been hugely profitable.

Furthermore there are STILL many people who bought the game who will STILL sit there making every excuse under the sun for every bad decision the devs made with this game. For these people the devs could never put a foot wrong and these are the die hard fans who will more than likely throw more good money after bad and support the next game these devs develop. The fact is tho that unless some major changes are made behind the scenes, the same level of mismanagement will occur, but as long as the next game is as profitable as this one, I doubt anyone other than the consumer will care. 

4 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Paranoia Mode was clearly based around the notion of someone else being the killer (other than Jason) - i.e. Part V - even the teaser ended with the slogan 'Who is V' - It's no co-incidence that Roy was released around the same time that plans for Paranoia Mode were abandoned, I have no doubt in my mind he was originally intended to either have something to do with the mode, or at the very least be released at the same time to drive home the idea of someone other than Jason being the killer.

Also, the SS Lazarus (the boat) is from Part 8 - so u see - this has nothing to do with Part 4 which is where the entire concept of Paranoia Mode originated from.

Therefore the chances of Lazarus being a new code name for the Paranoia Mode project is slim to none - leaning towards none. 

'If' this new mode had been named something in line with Part 4 then 'maybe' I could buy this theory of it being a renamed Paranoia Mode but for the above reasons I doubt it. Furthermore they spent A LOT of time and resources advertising the new mode as 'Paranoia Mode' so I doubt they'd rename it after all the advertising they did for it with the name 'Paranoia Mode'.

I tend to disagree. The Paranoia teaser wasn't certainly anything definitive. Misleading, if you ask me. Disregarding the "Who is V" and the fact that Roy was released, if you strip away that notion you're still left with the bare bones of the gameplay and what that entails. By no means does it mean you can't have those game mechanics without having it be related to Part V. It could just as easily be re-branded and re-tooled towards Part VIII. While convenient to use V/Roy as the backdrop for it, deep down it made no more sense to have someone question "Who's the killer?" because we all know Part V as Roy. If it was something different, why dress it up with part V? What would stop it from being any different? It could easily be called something else. I don't invest much stock in that trailer because it was rushed out before they even had a clue as to what they were doing with the concept. I'm not talking about a whodunnit in the classic sense, I'm talking about use core mechanics re-directed towards something else. Call it a 'spiritual successor' or not, I really have a hard time thinking they would scrap Paranoia completely and start over entirely from scratch with yet another unfinished mode without borrowing from their first crack at it. Just my opinion.

let's be honest, the mode might have been cool, but would it have really worked, look at the last patches for proof. Such potential but all wasted 

12 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Just read what is left of Alder's thread in the Off Topic section.

Man that's dark............. I knew about all this thing going on about mods closing every thread that was saying "game is dead" or "devs did a really bad job and now they are running away", but I never talked about that like Aldermach did. It's kinda sad the movements mods and devs are doing, really sad. But hey at least we still here right?! Im waiting to be banned now tbh.

25 minutes ago, PlayerAgainstTheMachine said:

Man that's dark............. I knew about all this thing going on about mods closing every thread that was saying "game is dead" or "devs did a really bad job and now they are running away", but I never talked about that like Aldermach did. It's kinda sad the movements mods and devs are doing, really sad. But hey at least we still here right?! Im waiting to be banned now tbh.

Ditto. Have you noticed the forums are mostly dead now? They banned most of their "community" 🤣

11 minutes ago, Evil said:

Ditto. Have you noticed the forums are mostly dead now? They banned most of their "community" 🤣

They'll always have the Wolf.😏

16 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Funny thing if you go back through my posts that was my suggestion to calm the forum down. Give us little pieces, to easy our grief and get the community on some other course then the self destructive one it was heading down. I missed your quote earlier when I came back to reply, so that’s why I’m posting it now. 

Great minds and all that...  :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Okay, clarify this for me. Since I only saw that one screenshot that @tyrant666 posted in the Patch Notes thread, was "The Lazarus Experience" a sub-menu item under Sandbox Mode or LAN Mode? Was there even a typo or is this just bad information being spread around? If the former is the case, then that could just be human error on the developer side because it wasn't meant for public consumption. I mean, they did have S.S. Lazarus posters pinned up in the VC. Am I missing something here?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it, so sorry in advance.

It was under the Offline Play Section.

It was

Offline Bots

Challenges

Virtual Cabin

Sandbox Mode

The Lazurus Experience

• Thanks 1

Hey guys….. You still remember the Paranoia Trailer.....Remember which mask you saw at the end?

Part VIII´s mask……..Jason takes Manhattan...….

They'll always have the Wolf.😏

Yep.

All of you are wrong.

"Lazarus Mode" was going to be the relaunch of this game, bug free with a massive content update once the lawsuit was settled.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

All of you are wrong.

"Lazarus Mode" was going to be the relaunch of this game, bug free with a massive content update once the lawsuit was settled.

That is both not funny and funny at the same time. I’m both mad at you and not mad at you for posting it.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

That is both not funny and funny at the same time. I’m both mad at you and not mad at you for posting it.

It's all I have left now.  Don't take this from me.

41 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It's all I have left now.  Don't take this from me.

Oh don’t stop on my account, I’ve decided it’s funnier than not.

21 hours ago, The Doctor said:

"Who is V"

Voorhees, Pamela?

On FB someone has posted details about the Grendel map that they claim Wes gave details to him about like the intro and the escape and it was meant to drop in mid July? Its all in French why would Wes talk to them about it?

4 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

On FB someone has posted details about the Grendel map that they claim Wes gave details to him about like the intro and the escape and it was meant to drop in mid July? Its all in French why would Wes talk to them about it?

…...Erm...Maybe it´s fake?

Its the grendal map vid which has been seen already but it was interesting to read about how the counsellors were to escape and chad in the intro and that Wes replied to his email with these details. 

1 minute ago, MortenMagnePal said:

Its the grendal map vid which has been seen already but it was interesting to read about how the counsellors were to escape and chad in the intro and that Wes replied to his email with these details. 

Can you elaborate on that? Lazarus pertains to Part VIII, not X.

Probably something as useless as the virtual cabin and single player challengers. An hour of something then no one discusses it ever again.

Lazuras mode was the last ditch effort mode to resurrect this game from the buggy plague that was killing it