agnes

So Any Clue What Lazurus Mode was going to be?

They won't tell us because they could create a different game years from now which uses whatever the mode is in terms of that different game. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Ah, thanks. Now I remember!

Um...it's "they're."  ;)

And just because they didn't give you exactly what you wanted doesn't mean it doesn't count.

Never said i didn't want to know about the postcards...

I thought they were cool, but. I would've liked to know what's their decision on client side servers, more than the postcards.

Tbh, the only thing i wanted apart from that, was an answer to my question about an Elias Voorhees postcard(which hasn't happened).

(Thanks for the correcting my spelling btw, brain malfunction while typing lol). :P

Edited by Freddie Mercury
A double brain malfunction lol.

3 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Never said i didn't want to know about the postcards...

I thought they were cool, but. I would've liked to know what's their decision on client side servers, more than the postcards.

Tbh, the only thing i wanted apart from that, was an answer to my question about an Elias Voorhees postcard(which hasn't happened).

(Thanks for the correcting my spelling btw, brain malfunction wile typing lol). :P

Lol, while not wile.

10 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Lol, while not wile.

God damn phone...

I might demolish my phone, thats how annoyed I'm getting lol.

11 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

God damn phone...

I might demolish my phone, thats how annoyed I'm getting lol.

6 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Have you known them to be anything but f'ing rude? Ask @BrokenFattHardy, @ShiftySamurai got rude and hateful on one of his post last week......if f'ing rude fixed bugs, the game would be f'ing perfect by now!

I have no more likes to give.

• Like 1

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Well, just the thought that you was going to give one warms my heart! ??

53 minutes ago, SirMang said:

They won't tell us because they could create a different game years from now which uses whatever the mode is in terms of that different game. 

I'd rate this post as optimistic.

7 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Here, have one of mine.

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Here, have one of mine.

Thanks man.

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I'd rate this post as optimistic.

I agree, very optimistic. I think I might have felt that way once.

Whatever 'Lazarus Mode' was the fact that evidence came out they were working on it begs the question WHY? WHY when you've already made a TON of promises such as Paranoia Mode, Weekly Community Events, The Grendel Map, Jason X, Dedicated Servers for Consoles - etc, etc, would you be wasting time and resources working on yet ANOTHER 'secret project' for the game. This kinda stuff makes ZERO sense and is exactly why we are in the position we are in now where most of the promised content was never fulfilled and now never will be. If Gun Media had focused on actually fulfilling ONE promise at a time, rather than announcing a ton of other stuff and working on even more stuff (like the other emotes and pyjamas clothing dlc which we all know from leaks was already completed, but for some reason wasn't released) that they hadn't even announced then maybe stuff people were waiting on would have actually been released BEFORE the lawsuit started demanding them to halt further development. They announced weekly community events on their re-launched site August 2017 - the lawsuit prevented them making more content in June 2018 (approx) - in ALL THAT TIME they never mentioned the weekly events again and never even worked on them - yet still continued  to advertise (I am sure even now it's STILL on their website) these events as 'coming soon'. 

I dunno, perhaps these guys suffer from major ADHD, coz it seems they were completely unable to focus on completing one thing before announcing 5 more and working on another 5 more that no one was expecting/waiting on behind the scenes - leading to nothing but disappointment. These leaks just further illustrate how poorly things were being run behind the scenes. The fact is they had over a YEAR + to release all these promised features - things that were announced as 'coming soon' back in August 2017 so them using the lawsuit as an excuse is quite frankly ridiculous, as if they had focused their efforts on the few things they initially promised instead of making even more promises then they would have fulfilled their original promises before this lawsuit affected the game and people wouldn't be so disappointed. 

The fact of the matter is, if you are struggling to fulfill your initial promises, you don't double down and make twice as many more AND at the same time work on things that no-one was waiting for, at a time where you are constantly trying to play the 'small company' 'limited funds/limited workers' card. Bad management ran this game into the ground long before the lawsuit was ever an issue. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Whatever 'Lazarus Mode' was the fact that evidence came out they were working on it begs the question WHY? WHY when you've already made a TON of promises such as Paranoia Mode, Weekly Community Events, The Grendel Map, Jason X, Dedicated Servers for Consoles - etc, etc, would you be wasting time and resources working on yet ANOTHER 'secret project' for the game. This kinda stuff makes ZERO sense and is exactly why we are in the position we are in now where most of the promised content was never fulfilled and now never will be. If Gun Media had focused on actually fulfilling ONE promise at a time, rather than announcing a ton of other stuff and working on even more stuff (like the other emotes and pyjamas clothing dlc which we all know from leaks was nearly completed) that they hadn't even announced then maybe stuff people were waiting on would have actually been released BEFORE the lawsuit started demanding them to halt further development. They announced weekly community events on their re-launched site August 2017 - the lawsuit prevented them making more content in June 2018 (approx) - in ALL THAT TIME they never mentioned the weekly events again and never even worked on them - yet still continued  to advertise (I am sure even now it's STILL on their website) these events as 'coming soon'. 

I mean so these guys suffer from major ADHD coz it seems they were completely unable to focus on completing one thing before announcing 5 more and working on another 5 more that no one was expecting/waiting on behind the scenes - leading to nothing but disappointment. These leaks just further illustrate how poorly things were being run behind the scenes. The fact is they had over a YEAR + to release all these promised features - things that were announced as 'coming soon' back in August 2017 so the using the lawsuit as an excuse is quite frankly ridiculous as if they had focused their efforts on the few things they initially promised instead of making even more promises then they would have fulfilled their original promises before this lawsuit affected the game and people wouldn't be so disappointed. 

The fact of the matter is, if you are struggling to fulfill your initial promises, you don't double down and make twice as many more AND at the same time work on things that no-one was waiting for, at a time where you are constantly trying to play the 'small company' 'limited funds/limited workers' card. Bad management ran this game into the ground long before the lawsuit was ever an issue. 

Good stuff, going to screen shot it.

Things just keep going missing, maybe the forum has a bug, ?‍♂.

@scorpio Definitely looks like a case of biting off way more than they could chew. Before the game came out I was under the impression that this game would have at least 2+ solid years of continued development. I was in disbelief how quickly things managed to founder, but with all of this recent information out there, things make a lot more sense. 

Except for that "why?" part you mentioned. I can't rationalize their thought process on that whatsoever. They spread themselves too thin and should have just focused on one thing at a time instead of starting new additions and never finishing them.

4 minutes ago, scorpio said:

Whatever 'Lazarus Mode' was the fact that evidence came out they were working on it begs the question WHY? WHY when you've already made a TON of promises such as Paranoia Mode, Weekly Community Events, The Grendel Map, Jason X, Dedicated Servers for Consoles - etc, etc, would you be wasting time and resources working on yet ANOTHER 'secret project' for the game. This kinda stuff makes ZERO sense and is exactly why we are in the position we are in now where most of the promised content was never fulfilled and now never will be. If Gun Media had focused on actually fulfilling ONE promise at a time, rather than announcing a ton of other stuff and working on even more stuff (like the other emotes and pyjamas clothing dlc which we all know from leaks was already completed, but for some reason wasn't released) that they hadn't even announced then maybe stuff people were waiting on would have actually been released BEFORE the lawsuit started demanding them to halt further development. They announced weekly community events on their re-launched site August 2017 - the lawsuit prevented them making more content in June 2018 (approx) - in ALL THAT TIME they never mentioned the weekly events again and never even worked on them - yet still continued  to advertise (I am sure even now it's STILL on their website) these events as 'coming soon'. 

I dunno, perhaps these guys suffer from major ADHD, coz it seems they were completely unable to focus on completing one thing before announcing 5 more and working on another 5 more that no one was expecting/waiting on behind the scenes - leading to nothing but disappointment. These leaks just further illustrate how poorly things were being run behind the scenes. The fact is they had over a YEAR + to release all these promised features - things that were announced as 'coming soon' back in August 2017 so the using the lawsuit as an excuse is quite frankly ridiculous as if they had focused their efforts on the few things they initially promised instead of making even more promises then they would have fulfilled their original promises before this lawsuit affected the game and people wouldn't be so disappointed. 

And why since "no more content" was sung from the mountain tops??

Just now, The Doctor said:

@scorpio Definitely looks like a case of biting off way more than they could chew. Before the game came out I was under the impression that this game would have at least 2+ solid years of continued development. I was in disbelief how quickly things managed to founder, but with all of this recent information out there, things make a lot more sense. 

Except for that part you mentioned. They spread themselves too thin and should have just focused on one thing at a time instead of starting new additions and never finishing them.

And still no official response, mmmmnnnnn ?.

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

And still no official response, mmmmnnnnn ?.

SS Lazurus was in the movies......wonder if it is/was related to it??

Edit: Part 8, I think...

Just now, kepps-66 said:

Oh definitely related to the ship, but that doesn’t tell us anything. I have about forty questions I’d like to know the answers to.

3 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Lazarus. not Lazurus. I am not someone who likes to correct someone but please treat the source material Right. Sorry....

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Lazarus. not Lazurus. I am not someone who likes to correct someone but please treat the source material Right. 

Maybe due to copyright of a movie by the same title, they spelled it Lazarus.....??

I know I misspelled it my self .... hahahaha

Yeh it was the name of the ship that took them to Manhattan in Jason Takes Manhattan. 

Perhaps it could have been a new map? It's a map that should have been worked on along with the Grendel.

The thing that gets me is they released those smaller scale map variants of the first 3 maps. Most (like myself) saw that as a shameless attempt to pad out the maps with little innovation/work, now they could claim there were 6 maps coz technically there were, but only 3 of them were really different maps.

The thing is that the devs claimed they did that to make the games shorter / more concise, BUT this is thing ........ 'If' they felt the need to make the maps smaller and the time shorter for matches in order to make them more concise, then WHY? did they make all the future maps large. Don't get me wrong, I preferred the larger maps myself. BUT most people didn't want to play the larger maps and so then it meant that the larger maps weren't in circulation as much. Why not simply have made smaller variants at the same time as the creation of the new large maps (e.g. the Jarvis House map) and then release BOTH the large (standard) and smaller variants of the new maps at the same time, this would have justified the use of smaller map variants as it would have shown a commitment to continue to provide these with the new maps and would have given people a choice of how to play the new maps (large or smaller). It would have also meant there were equal chances of the new maps being selected when put on random, compared to the 6 original maps (3 standard ones and the 3 smaller variants). 

The fact they abandoned the smaller map variants basically confirms to me they were only ever meant to pad out the initial maps available, to give new buyers the false impression that the game had 6 unique maps, instead of only 3! 

I also don't get why? when there was content that was already complete (like the leaked new emotes/pyjamas clothing dlc) and other content that was very near completion (such as Uber Jason) - why?, given that they were given approx a months notice to stop producing content for the game, they didn't just release that content BEFORE the deadline was reached (the deadline for them to stop producing new content). Surely they could have wrapped those few things up and put them out BEFORE the deadline. Why? hold on to them and not release them, especially the things that were proven by leaks to already be complete? It makes ZERO sense, they get nothing out of not releasing it and obviously invested time and resources to get these things to their finished/near finished state in the first place. I mean if people can hack the things and use them fine then how come the company that MADE the things can't release them officially within a month - especially after the completion of the new engine upgrade, if they'd have released them BEFORE the deadline came into effect (for the new content to be stopped) then there would have surely have been no issue? 

Okay, clarify this for me. Since I only saw that one screenshot that @tyrant666 posted in the Patch Notes thread, was "The Lazarus Experience" a sub-menu item under Sandbox Mode or LAN Mode? Was there even a typo or is this just bad information being spread around? If the former is the case, then that could just be human error on the developer side because it wasn't meant for public consumption. I mean, they did have S.S. Lazarus posters pinned up in the VC. Am I missing something here?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it, so sorry in advance.

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Okay, clarify this for me. Since I only saw that one screenshot that @tyrant666 posted in the Patch Notes thread, was "The Lazarus Experience" a sub-menu item under Sandbox Mode or LAN Mode? Was there even a typo or is this just bad information being spread around? If the former is the case, then that could just be human error on the developer side because it wasn't meant for public consumption. I mean, they did have S.S. Lazarus posters pinned up in the VC. Am I missing something here?

Or maybe I'm just reading too much into it, so sorry in advance.

What if Lazarus mode was just a different name for paranoia mode? I'm just spit balling here but they said paranoia mode wasn't fun so they stopped developing it but what if they started a different version of it and called it Lazarus?

Just now, Evil said:

What if Lazarus mode was just a different name for paranoia mode? I'm just spit balling here but they said paranoia mode wasn't fun so they stopped developing it but what if they started a different version of it and called it Lazarus?

Interesting thought. Hadn't considered that at all, honestly. It wouldn't be all that far-fetched to just have an internal codename for it or something alike. Why readily assume that it was something completely separate? 

That leads me to think that S.S. Lazarus... murder mystery... The Ship, anyone?

I mean I think people are assuming it's summat separate because firstly it's a reference to the boat in the movies, so wouldn't make sense for it to be just a re-purposed Paranoia Mode and secondly it's not as if they haven't been working on unannounced things before, again, there were leaked videos going around showing counselors in pyjamas and other emotes that were complete but unreleased yet, so yeh, they've done it before, so it's safe to assume it's the same old, same old, with this 'Lazarus Mode' - either way don't expect a straight answer about it, 'if' it was yet another thing they were working on before the lawsuit went thru, they won't admit it coz it would make them look bad to have been wasting time and resources on other things when they still hadn't fulfilled the promised they'd already made previously! 

10 minutes ago, scorpio said:

so wouldn't make sense for it to be just a re-purposed Paranoia Mode

Can you elaborate as to why you think that? I'm not claiming that they're one in the same, but I haven't seen any evidence to the contrary either. The only reason I would even suppose that they could be one in the same is due to the fact that it would be yet another game mode on top of the other(s) that were never finished, which is a lot more work and effort than simply designing some costumes and emotes in Blender.

That being said, I can't wrap my mind around Gun/IllFonic's insanity half of the time so I don't even try.

6 minutes ago, scorpio said:

I mean I think people are assuming it's summat separate because firstly it's a reference to the boat in the movies, so wouldn't make sense for it to be just a re-purposed Paranoia Mode and secondly it's not as if they haven't been working on unannounced things before, again, there were leaked videos going around showing counselors in pyjamas and other emotes that were complete but unreleased yet, so yeh, they've done it before, so it's safe to assume it's the same old, same old, with this 'Lazarus Mode' - either way don't expect a straight answer about it, 'if' it was yet another thing they were working on before the lawsuit went thru, they won't admit it coz it would make them look bad to have been wasting time and resources on other things when they still hadn't fulfilled the promised they'd already made previously! 

I don't see how they can be worried about them looking bad it's already happened... a lot... the damage control is in overdrive sure but I don't see why they care at this point. Like how they removed the currently viewing part of their profiles to hide their movements better, or even the jpops apology fiasco where it was blatant to anyone with a brain stem that he just changed the you to an I in the message he received chewing him out over how he perceives anyone who dissents. Or any of the facts coming out lately that show most of what they said was false. Can't wait for alders documentary where it goes onto detail about the savini code scandal and how an employee was involved with it. Tldr; I don't know why they care about appearances, they already look bad and no amount of forum censorship will change that.