Sign in to follow this  
ZillaMeister

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle and Ghost Jason

17 hours ago, ZillaMeister said:

Wes just replied to me the exact same list of fixes that Uber Jason he said previously on Twitter a few days ago after replying to a more angry tweet. I’m just wanting some closure if the devs refuse to add him. A list of relatively minor fixes that can be worked around just isn’t satisfactory.

@wes None of us care about any of those things. I’m 100% positive that everyone would be happy if Uber Jason was unlocked in the same state as we see in the leaked footage. It’s 100% possible. As we can all see with Killer Puzzle. You guys are just refusing to do it. And THAT’S why everyone is so pissed. It’s a ‘fuck you’ to all of us. 

18 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is no longer a good enough reason, Wes.

It really isn´t. Even I am now convinced.

And for the Music.....If even Part III Music (Part IX would fit more) or any other Music can´t be added…...make him unique and strong so he doesn´t have any proximity Music! Almost everybody wanted something like this anyways! It gives counselor a big unfair Advantage anyways , Stalk is not an excuse!

Just add him , and if he is tooo terrible , you can still remove him….experimental like. You´re small we get it but why not Show it and get some feedback from us?

And Hell , even the sleeping back kill doesn´t have full Music!

@wes please , consider it. I am not Angry , I am just a huge fan and I want the best for all of us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

It really isn´t. Even I am now convinced.

Cool it with Tiffany Cakes, you’re going to get banned. Don’t get banned Wolfie. 

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Cool it with Tiffany Cakes, you’re going to get banned. Don’t get banned Wolfie. 

I was Angry yeah but I only directly insulted ''him'' once. Let´s just Forget.....''him''. I just want the best for the game.

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I was Angry yeah but I only directly insulted ''him'' once. Let´s just Forget.....''him''. I just want the best for the game.

I know buddy, it’s just you’re letting a troll dictate how you respond. You got good arguments just keep posting those, don’t do the insult thing we can’t afford to lose you. 

I think we might actually burn the forum down if you weren’t here making us smile. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I know buddy, it’s just you’re letting a troll dictate how you respond. You got good arguments just keep posting those, don’t do the insult thing we can’t afford to lose you. 

I think we might actually burn the forum down if you weren’t here making us smile. 

Thanks , man but.....

….I am the last Person to get banned. I don´t go down easily.

Forget the lawsuit and travel back in time a little, I thought the NHA Jason couldn't be added to this game at all anyways. Why did Killer Puzzle get it? 

"We can't because of legal/licensing reasons" was an excuse already. Right now it's preventing Uber, before it was preventing NHA Jason, FvJ Jason, and 2009 Jason. 

What are these people doing?

And yes, I would agree that the majority of players would be okay with an incomplete Uber. 

2 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Forget the lawsuit and travel back in time a little, I thought the NHA Jason couldn't be added to this game at all anyways. Why did Killer Puzzle get it? 

By all rights, they actually shouldn't be able to. Unless they are using a workaround. Has it been released yet? Curious if they directly reference NHA in the game itself, or if these models just *look* like they're from NHA. Because that could be their loophole, since they clearly have rights to create new Jasons in their contract. They can simply create a new one that *happens* to look like NHA, without referencing it explicitly. Otherwise, I don't see how Cunningham could possibly approve of it, since that opens up a lot of legal problems, allowing in unofficial content in an officially licensed product. 

4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

And yes, I would agree that the majority of players would be okay with an incomplete Uber. 

Yep, give me what you have done, it’s good enough at this point.

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yep, give me what you have done, it’s good enough at this point.

I imagine they're more concerned about the criticisms they would get from professional reviewers and peers in the industry for releasing an unrefined and incomplete feature than they are concerned about what any of the fans want. 

We also don't know precisely if something simply being in the code before the cut-off date is legally justified to release post cut-off date. That's a conclusion everyone is assuming.

It could be that official approval from the licensor had to be given before the cut-off date -- you have to remember that with licensed products, the licensor has to approve all content, whether it's a T-shirt design or a DLC. In the case of Killer Puzzle, they would have already submitted their designs for approval, since they were 100% finished. But Gun would not have submitted an incomplete feature for approval,  because the licensor would have pushed back saying to submit for approval once complete, as it's rare for a licensor to allow more changes to go into a product after signing off on approval (unless it's a minor change, but even then they would want the update for their records).

Not saying that this is strictly the case, but it certainly is for a lot of other brands. If a licensee is working on a new product during the term of their contract but fails to receive final approval from the licensor before the end of the contract (say they just can't execute to the licensor's satisfaction), then they don't get to go ahead and move into production later just because they started the process before the contract expired. 

19 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

It really doesn't sound like all of that's in there. Unless they simply re-used SFX, music, and counselor VO from other characters, but again, that's part of them being unwilling to put out a half-ass Uber. 

Or is this argument just trying to get them to release what's there, just as a "fuck it, at least we get something instead of nothing"? At this point, I don't see why not. But apparently they don't want to do that. They ran out of time to complete Uber to their satisfaction/as originally intended. 

Here’s what they could do:

1. Uber will just have to share music when he’s near with another Jason. I don’t think anyone would really care. The same goes for the music for each cinematic kill.

2. Take his weapon out, and give him an existing in-game weapon as his default. With weapon swapping now available, no ones going to keep just one weapon on him anyway. This eliminates the issue of no SFX for his kills. Use existing counselor VO. 

3. I don’t have an answer for the UI/HUD work, but I’m sure that can be worked around too. 

4. He can still be given his own unique stats, because Jason stats already exist in the game, so no new content to be added there. 

I realize none of this is ideal, but it’s still better than never having him at all. 

They could also run a disclaimer saying that this is how he’ll be put in the game before they actually release him. 

3 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

I imagine they're more concerned about the criticisms they would get from professional reviewers and peers in the industry for releasing an unrefined and incomplete feature than they are concerned about what any of the fans want. 

We also don't know precisely if something simply being in the code before the cut-off date is legally justified to release post cut-off date. That's a conclusion everyone is assuming.

It could be that official approval from the licensor had to be given before the cut-off date -- you have to remember that with licensed products, the licensor has to approve all content, whether it's a T-shirt design or a DLC. In the case of Killer Puzzle, they would have already submitted their designs for approval, since they were 100% finished. But Gun would not have submitted an incomplete feature for approval,  because the licensor would have pushed back saying to submit for approval once complete, as it's rare for a licensor to allow more changes to go into a product after signing off on approval (unless it's a minor change, but even then they would want the update for their records).

Not saying that this is strictly the case, but it certainly is for a lot of other brands. If a licensee is working on a new product during the term of their contract but fails to receive final approval from the licensor before the end of the contract (say they just can't execute to the licensor's satisfaction), then they don't get to go ahead and move into production later just because they started the process before the contract expired. 

They had two fucking years man. Not mad at you but can’t you see how you’re making excuses for incompetence.

As for what reviews will think about an unfinished product, you mean like releasing a bunch of untested patches in a row, breaking their own game.

18 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

They had two fucking years man. Not mad at you but can’t you see how you’re making excuses for incompetence.

As for what reviews will think about an unfinished product, you mean like releasing a bunch of untested patches in a row, breaking their own game.

How is speculating on their motivation an excuse? What other motivation could they have? It's either they don't have the authority to do it, or they do. And if they do, then they have to have some sort of motivation to not want to do it. Again, motivation, not excuse. 

It just seems like either they really can't do it, or if they can, their motivation to not do it is pretty hard wired at this point. 

It also seems really bizarre for people to use the Killer Puzzle tweet as proof of demands, when in that same cluster of tweets Killer Puzzle backs up Gun's claims. 

Unless this whole exercise of making these repetitive arguments and threads is nothing more than to justify a rant, and prove to Gun that they need to be clearer on exactly why Uber isn't being released so all of this insipid speculation can finally come to an end. Which I agree with. Even if their answer is, "Yes, technically we could do what you are saying, but we are simply not going to do that and this is our reason why we don't want to" would be super. It seems like a simple thing to just make a blog that says, "FULL TRANSPARENCY -- WE ARE NOT DOING IT EVER. I CANNOT BE ANY CLEARER. THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T OR WON'T DO THIS. PERIOD. IT'S OVER." 

...then again, they might be passive-aggressively amused by the hysteria as a way to allow their loudest and most frequent critics to drive themselves insane with their hollow shouts and impotent rage.  

3 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

then again, they might be passive-aggressively amused by the hysteria as a way to allow their loudest and most frequent critics to drive themselves insane with their hollow shouts and impotent rage.  

You might be right, not just about the quote but the rest to. I would love them to make a statement about it.

I am not one of their detractors, yet. I still think if they pull their collective heads out of their asses, we can move forward. There are options left. It’s not helpful in my opinion to coddle them at this point. Even when they do listen, they turn around and do something incredibly stupid almost immediately after. 

Transparency is the only way they’ll stop the decline of their supporters in the community. They have been hearing that same message from multiple people for a year. If you want a history, read through @bewareofbears posts watch the decline, then try @AldermachXI. When your done with his go read mine, they have been told, asked, and begged. They keep making good (intelligent feedback giving) supporters, into critics. (I apologize to all the other people I could add to that list, but it’s already asking them to go read ten thousand odd posts)

It doesn’t help to speculate on their motives, we’re both guilty of this.

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You might be right, not just about the quote but the rest to. I would love them to make a statement about it.

I am not one of their detractors, yet. I still think if they pull their collective heads out of their asses, we can move forward. There are options left. It’s not helpful in my opinion to coddle them at this point. Even when they do listen, they turn around and do something incredibly stupid almost immediately after. 

Transparency is the only way they’ll stop the decline of their supporters in the community. They have been hearing that same message from multiple people for a year. If you want a history, read through @bewareofbears posts watch the decline, then try @AldermachXI. When your done with his go read mine, they have been told, asked, and begged. They keep making good (intelligent feedback giving) supporters, into critics. (I apologize to all the other people I could add to that list, but it’s already asking them to go read ten thousand odd posts)

It doesn’t help to speculate on their motives, we’re both guilty of this.

Yeah. I think the lack of communication has been their primary sin. Anything is forgivable in these scenarios if properly communicated. Lack of communication is like those dark places in a home where mold is allowed to grow and fester. Pretty soon it corrupts everything and you have no choice but to either move or tear the whole fucking thing down.

I think it's relatable that people don't like to boldly face their failures or setbacks head on and open themselves up to criticism, but it's not professional to behave that way. And ironically it creates far more criticism in the long run.

6 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

And ironically it creates far more criticism in the long run.

As is happening.

48 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

dw9x92.jpg

Yeah. There really is NO excuse @wes or @ShiftySamurai or anyone can give now. This is more proof they CAN do it. They just don’t WANT to. If it’s already in the code, they can add it. 

Bingo! We have a winner, let's also not forget the night and day approach they took where one day they said he was coming and even Wes said in a pm that big things were coming out after the update. Big indeed, nice press kit.

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

dw9x92.jpg

Yeah. There really is NO excuse @wes or @ShiftySamurai or anyone can give now. This is more proof they CAN do it. They just don’t WANT to. If it’s already in the code, they can add it. 

That's it! It's time for a "Release Uber Jason Petition Thread".

9 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

That's it! It's time for a "Release Uber Jason Petition Thread".

Because that'll solve it riiiiiiiiiiiiiight?