Sign in to follow this  
ZillaMeister

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle and Ghost Jason

8 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Wes had said before that Uber wasn't finished/polished, and they wouldn't be able to complete it before the deadline, not that they couldn't release the work in progress that was in the code before the deadline. 

So this argument keeps going round and round because fans just want what's there, and Gun was unwilling to just release into the wild something that isn't finished. 

And now it is completely too late anyway and a pointless argument, because the deadline was... July 1st, wasn't it?

The deadline to add stuff was July 1st. He’s already there. Which is why Killer Puzzke can release more content on July 13th. 

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Doesn’t matter if he’s finished. The content is in the code. This is proof they CAN release him and just patch to finish him later. Also proves that Wes’s statement of not being able to add a rock or tree is bullshit. The trees and rocks are already in the code. They can add them wherever they want. We finally have confirmation right here. 

Now watch this get buried.

3 minutes ago, Evil said:

Now watch this get buried.

It’s already buried. This should be in General Discussion. It’s 100% relevant to the game and what’s happening. It’s bullshit to hide it here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

It’s already buried. This should be in General Discussion. It’s 100% relevant to the game and what’s happening. It’s bullshit to hide it here. 

It's also bullshit to censor your player base just because you don't like how they feel.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

The deadline to add stuff was July 1st. He’s already there. Which is why Killer Puzzke can release more content on July 13th. 

Right, so the argument is people want an unfished Uber and Gun is clearly not willing to release unfinished content, and they had no time to complete it before the deadline. 

1 minute ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Right, so the argument is people want an unfished Uber and Gun is clearly not willing to release unfinished content, and they had no time to complete it before the deadline. 

The game itself feels like unfinished content. It'd fit right in

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

No. They can release the content as is right now. Since he’s in the code. Then update him to “finish” later. They could even update him before unlocking him. He’s already in the code. Before the deadline. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Gun is clearly not willing to release unfinished content, 

Since when?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

No. They can release the content as is right now. Since he’s in the code. Then update him to “finish” later. They could even update him before unlocking him. He’s already in the code. Before the deadline. 

But the updating, from the sounds of what Wes was saying, include music, animation effects, and sound effects, not behind the scenes math, right? Any of the above would be considered new content. The only thing they would be able to do is tweak his strengths and fix bugs. So it would always dwell in this half-finished state.

3 minutes ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

But the updating, from the sounds of what Wes was saying, include music, animation effects, and sound effects, not behind the scenes math, right? Any of the above would be considered new content. The only thing they would be able to do is tweak his strengths and fix bugs. So it would always dwell in this half-finished state.

Have you seen footage of him? He’s not half finished. He’s all the way finished. A couple of his kills are just missing sounds. Which could be added from existing code. He’s finished. 

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

Have you seen footage of him? He’s not half finished. He’s all the way finished. A couple of his kills are just missing sounds. Which could be added from existing code. He’s finished. 

It really doesn't sound like all of that's in there. Unless they simply re-used SFX, music, and counselor VO from other characters, but again, that's part of them being unwilling to put out a half-ass Uber. 

Or is this argument just trying to get them to release what's there, just as a "fuck it, at least we get something instead of nothing"? At this point, I don't see why not. But apparently they don't want to do that. They ran out of time to complete Uber to their satisfaction/as originally intended. 

The craziest part about the puzzle game announcement is that it seems their latest expansion is from NEVER HIKE ALONE? That's... kind of unheard of. For a fan-movie to become part of an officially licensed product. I can't even imagine how that  happened. Or how their license allows them to do that. Unless it's part of their contract that they can create new Jasons, and by modeling it after the fan film but not explicitly crediting the fan film, they can get away with it? Because there's no way most i.p.s would allow their licensees to create product based on unofficial or fan-based material (in fact, it's typically a #1 brand rule that they absolutely cannot do that). 

Yep this is precisely what I was referring to. I'm simply just astonished that Gun Media would suddenly full stop and hide Uber away in the code after the announcement of no DLC. I put this in other games category because I felt like I would get a lot more flak for putting it in General Discussion. Wish I could change it and I doubt the mods would move it.

All I ever really wanted in the game was Uber Jason as soon as he was announced. The grendel was a nice bonus. Couldn't wait for him. Now that the opportunity for his completion as passed, I think the least that the devs could do is release him from his coded prison as the final hurrah for the game. The Killer Puzzle situation only proves that it is completely possible.

I can't hold out hope for much more in this situation because it seems like the devs just really don't care about this.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

They also said they can't release anything else after that but are keeping some of it locked in case the case settles.

So either they are lying to back up Gun or they are telling the truth to back up Gun. What are the odds that another dev team is going to lie for another?

I mean sure its possible. In terms of Uber, I would agree. They didn't remove him from the basement in Virtual Cabin, so that gives me hope despite the news, but at this point the game is such a mess that its whatever.

Uber, the smoking Gun.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

Or is this argument just trying to get them to release what's there, just as a "fuck it, at least we get something instead of nothing"? At this point, I don't see why not.

I legitimately think that's the sentiment around here for people that are pushing for Uber still. And I don't think it really bothers most people anyway. Sure, it may not have all of the bells and whistles anyone would have liked, but it would have at least been just a little bit more variety to the game. For me, it was always just wanting Uber to bookend the film Jasons they had rights to.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I legitimately think that's the sentiment around here for people that are pushing for Uber still. And I don't think it really bothers most people anyway. Sure, it may not have all of the bells and whistles anyone would have liked, but it would have at least been just a little bit more variety to the game. For me, it was always just wanting Uber to bookend the film Jasons they had rights to.

That's honestly why I wanted it. Completionism. A new map would have been cool too, but having all the Jasons is more important. At least it's in the VC, but still. 

Wes just replied to me the exact same list of fixes that Uber Jason he said previously on Twitter a few days ago after replying to a more angry tweet. I’m just wanting some closure if the devs refuse to add him. A list of relatively minor fixes that can be worked around just isn’t satisfactory.

@ZillaMeister Hate to say it, but I think if you're only getting a broken record, there's not much headway to make here. Feel free to continue asking but it looks like stock replies from here on out.

@BrokenFattHardy also has a good point with using other assets. Use Savini's chase music if need be. Would backers actually care about that? Hell, fit him with Retro's chase music for all I care. Makes no real difference to me.

• Like 5

I think these are the tweets that raise some eyebrows.

This is certainly interesting to me, for a few reasons. First off, their deadline was apparently significantly earlier than Gun's. I can't help but wonder why. And of course, it basically confirms that anything put in the game before the deadline is safe, even if it hasn't been "unlocked" yet. So they put Never Hike Alone Jason in the game (which is also interesting, I was told because of various legal hurdles that NHA Jason could never appear in an official product, but whatever) before the deadline and kept him locked away.

Uber Jason could be released, I have little doubt. Music for when Jason is near and for kills could be reused from another Jason already in the game. It really would not be a big deal. There is already footage showing all the sound effects for the kills are finished, so I'm not sure what he is talking about there. Even if they weren't there are plenty of machete into flesh sounds in the game already they could use. The kill animations look fine. Excellent, in fact. If there is some problem with hit detection or something, that could considered a bug and they could fix it. I'm not really sure what they mean by a HUD problem, or even what HUD he is talking about.

Let's be real here. The leaked Uber Jason functions better than the entire game did at launch.

I love what Gun has made, and I don't believe for a second the people that have been claiming they don't love the franchise or whatever. They clearly do. I believe them when they say that not being able to make more content was devastating to them. But I do believe a big reason Uber hasn't been released is because they can't sell the kill pack that was obviously planned. Just release him with six kills. Give the game the send off it deserves. We'll never get the Grendel, and that is sad. But Uber Jason was what I was really excited for. Even an imperfect Uber would be better than none at all. I think so, anyway.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

This is certainly interesting to me, for a few reasons. First off, their deadline was apparently significantly earlier than Gun's. I can't help but wonder why. And of course, it basically confirms that anything put in the game before the deadline is safe, even if it hasn't been "unlocked" yet. So they put Never Hike Alone Jason in the game (which is also interesting, I was told because of various legal hurdles that NHA Jason could never appear in an official product, but whatever) before the deadline and kept him locked away.

Uber Jason could be released, I have little doubt. Music for when Jason is near and for kills could be reused from another Jason already in the game. It really would not be a big deal. There is already footage showing all the sound effects for the kills are finished, so I'm not sure what he is talking about there. Even if they weren't there are plenty of machete into flesh sounds in the game already they could use. The kill animations look fine. Excellent, in fact. If there is some problem with hit detection or something, that could considered a bug and they could fix it. I'm not really sure what they mean by a HUD problem, or even what HUD he is talking about.

Let's be real here. The leaked Uber Jason functions better than the entire game did at launch.

I love what Gun has made, and I don't believe for a second the people that have been claiming they don't love the franchise or whatever. They clearly do. I believe them when they say that not being able to make more content was devastating to them. But I do believe a big reason Uber hasn't been released is because they can't sell the kill pack that was obviously planned. Just release him with six kills. Give the game the send off it deserves. We'll never get the Grendel, and that is sad. But Uber Jason was what I was really excited for. Even an imperfect Uber would be better than none at all. I think so, anyway.

I have to agree with everything you said here. I saw Uber Jason in two games right after the engine upgrade, before people started getting banned for using him... some sounds were not quite right... I know there was issues with the music, but I cannot remember now if there was any music at all...
   My point is... Uber worked in game. His abilities worked, his kills worked. A few of us let the Uber players kill us just to check out some of the kills, and go into spectate to get a half decent view of more kills. If there was anything about his kill (or other) animations that was not finished, I could not notice anything... but it was not in private matches, so I could not spectate the Uber player. Uber did not break the game, even though he was not quite finished in whatever way(s). 

The player base would get a massive charge out of having Uber released, even in his current, unfinished state... even without the kill pack that we all would have paid for anyway. I doubt they will do it... but if there is any way for them to legally release him without repercussions, then they definitely should. I have read many posts here and in the steam community about players with friends that were waiting for Uber to be released before buying the game... and there are probably many more that never wrote a post or have no friends in the game or on the forums to speak for them. It could really help sales if they could do this.

• Like 2

I’ll hold out some hope that MAYBE (doubtful) they have a surprise ready for Friday the 13th. If that date passes with no information I’ll have lost hope for his release.

It would make me (and the group I play with, for that matter) so happy if they were to though.

So Blue Wizard just confirmed what we have been saying for weeks.  If it's already in the code it's not new content.

• Thanks 1

The maps already released in the game are "in the code." They constantly have to modify those maps to stop exploiters and fix other bugs.

Uber Jason is "in the code." Sounds like they would just have to modify him to fix his bugs. So, Uber Jason was in the code before the deadline. He is not new content. Any current content that requires modifications for fixes doesn't seem like anything legal breaking to me. I'm just not believing anything Gun is saying at this point.

I refer back to Dave Filoni of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Dave truly loved the stories and content he was producing. When Crazy Kathleen Kennedy prematurely canceled the 6th season, Dave had to fight to get it finished. Just like Uber Jason, most of the 6th season was already done - voice over, animatics and some lighting. They just had finish it. Hell, Dave even released half finished content from the 7th season, that was fully voiced with only animatics.

Gun, you have handled post release very poorly, with continued bugs and poor priority choices. You say you "love" this franchise yet you appear to us to be giving up too easily. If you "loved" it so much what reason aren't you fighting or finding loop holes? I'm one of your biggest defenders but even I have to admit what I see.

• Like 1

Uber Jason I can understand cause he wasn't completely polished. They might not want to put in anything that was half done. But, there was the counselor pj dlc. All outfits are done and Tiffany is even wearing one in the SP challenges. They should at least release those.