Sign in to follow this  
ZillaMeister

Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle and Ghost Jason

So it appears that even though Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle is also affected by the lawsuit and cannot produce new content, they have been teasing Ghost Jason from Never Hike Alone. He was in the game already, just disabled accoring to their Twitter account.

(This is gonna raise a LOT more questions about Uber Jason as well).

Well, until that content is enabled I don't really see what kind of questions you're talking about.

24 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Well, until that content is enabled I don't really see what kind of questions you're talking about.

I’m referring to the whole argument for Uber Jason being released. Since he exists in the game’s code (almost fully complete) already he technically counts as an asset already in the game. So the question remains as to why Gun and Illfonic don’t just get him out there. I’ve asked them and many others have but it goes unanswered or dodged.

This situation with Ghost Jason in Killer Puzzle appears to be rather similar but in this case it can actually be done. They are ready to unveil their special new Jason who was in the game, just disabled, this Friday the 13th. 

@ZillaMeister It's been stated several times that it qualifies as "new content" and therefore they aren't allowed to. You can interpret that however you want but at the end of the day it simply will not happen.

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

@ZillaMeister It's been stated several times that it qualifies as "new content" and therefore they aren't allowed to. You can interpret that however you want but at the end of the day it simply will not happen.

That doesn’t make sense, especially considering what has happened with Killer Puzzle. We haven’t received a word on the grounds of “since he’s in the files he can be added” idea.

Until there’s an answer that directly addresses this I will keep asking.

4 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

That doesn’t make sense, especially considering what has happened with Killer Puzzle. We haven’t received a word on the grounds of “since he’s in the files he can be added” idea.

Until there’s an answer that directly addresses this I will keep asking.

He's been pretty plain as day about it. 

Hell, he even directly replied to one of your tweets.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

He's been pretty plain as day about it. 

Hell, he even directly replied to one of your tweets.

He didn’t address the fact that it’s an asset that still exists within the code. That was my question and it was dodged, instead he talked about how they didn’t have all the sounds/music done for him yet (very negligible problems and easy to work around).

They cannot add new trees or rocks but the can alter them and move them, ect. That’s why they can still fix bugs.

Why can Killer Puzzle do it but Gun can’t? Perhaps that’s the biggest question that should be asked.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@The Doctor

It’s not there in the game yet. They are teasing it and they made a long explanation post on Twitter to try and clear up some of the confusion. 

I apologize I’m not sure how to link the tweet.

Edited by ZillaMeister
Tag person in reply

1 minute ago, ZillaMeister said:

It’s not there in the game yet. They are teasing it and they made a long explanation post on Twitter to try and clear up some of the confusion. 

I apologize I’m not sure how to link the tweet here.

Just copypaste the URL. It formats it automatically. My point was that if it's not enabled, and won't be, then it's following the same outcome as this game.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Just copypaste the URL. It formats it automatically. My point was that if it's not enabled, and won't be, then it's following the same outcome as this game.

@ZillaMeister Thanks. However, that tweet still doesn't confirm anything so anything at this point is speculative at best. To say that their DLC is going to happen just because they didn't flat out say "no" is a bit grasping at straws.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

@ZillaMeister Thanks. However, that tweet still doesn't confirm anything so anything at this point is speculative at best. To say that their DLC is going to happen just because they didn't flat out say "no" is a bit grasping at straws.

To be honest, it sounds (to me) like the devs behind KillerPuzzle are claiming they will be "sneaking in" or "adding" a new version of Jason to their game in their new patch on Friday, July 13, 2018.

I have the game on my iPhone, so I'll see it if they do and it will only further concrete that Gun Media is using the Cunningham/Miller court battle as a scapegoat to cancel this game and move on.

Tell me how it would make any sense for a court to say "All new/original works in relation to the Friday the 13th IP must come to a halt effective June, 2018. This includes movies, television, print media, clothing apparel, and video games............except that one puzzle game. They can keep making new original content, but nobody else. Just KillerPuzzle. Everything else is on hold until we decide who gets what."

That would make no sense. 

Gun either doesn't have to stop or KillerPuzzle does.........but because they both licensed the same IP (using the F13 name & logo, Jason Voorhees and Pamela Voorhees respectively) they both have to a adhere to the same Court ruling. For now that ruling is "Nothing new until the case is decided".

@BrokenFattHardy That's why I'm a bit skeptical, or rather leaning towards the side that nobody gets to do anything. I mean, if things do change then obviously the case against Gun will evolve so we'll take it from there. I've played KP as well so I'll keep an eye out for anything, but I hesitate to jump to any conclusions. I don't know if that will even be the smoking gun but it'll shed some light on something, so there's that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, makred78 said:

Here's some twitter links about the NHA Jason being added do KP:

https://twitter.com/f13killerpuzzle/status/1014164380223725568

https://twitter.com/f13killerpuzzle/status/1014351492768100358

https://twitter.com/f13killerpuzzle/status/1014351607411064833

There's some explanation on how they are able to add that Jason to the game with the legal issues around.

So, basically they are saying anything already added into the game code but not yet revealed CAN be released which directly goes against what Gun Media said about Uber Jason.

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

So, basically they are saying anything already added into the game code but not yet revealed CAN be released which directly goes against what Gun Media said about Uber Jason.

That's my understanding of the situation.

21 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Seems legit

Killer Puzzle is releasing new content on July 13th. They say they can do it because it’s already in the code and just locked. Sound familiar??? I’m looking at you, Uber Jason. This is all the proof you need that Gun just doesn’t want to do this anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now we know why they dodged the actual questions so heavily. Fun fact;it's only a conspiracy theory if you're wrong.

• Like 1

They will say "We can't release Uber cause it's not finished" but not take into account the condition they've let the entire game sit in since launch (which they feel we should be fine with).

If we have to deal with all these game breaking glitches, graphical glitches and exploitive glitches..........I think we can deal with having an Uber Jason with no "kill music" or one that has to use music borrowed from Savini Jason (which should be possible cause it's already in the game).

But alas......... This will not happen. They will have an excuse and that excuse will not be truthful.

• Like 2

I'm sure there will be a list of reasons why, most of which we have heard repeated many times, and most of which that just don't seem true.

Wes had said before that Uber wasn't finished/polished, and they wouldn't be able to complete it before the deadline, not that they couldn't release the work in progress that was in the code before the deadline. 

So this argument keeps going round and round because fans just want what's there, and Gun was unwilling to just release into the wild something that isn't finished. 

And now it is completely too late anyway and a pointless argument, because the deadline was... July 1st, wasn't it?

They also said they can't release anything else after that but are keeping some of it locked in case the case settles.

So either they are lying to back up Gun or they are telling the truth to back up Gun. What are the odds that another dev team is going to lie for another?

I mean sure its possible. In terms of Uber, I would agree. They didn't remove him from the basement in Virtual Cabin, so that gives me hope despite the news, but at this point the game is such a mess that its whatever.

Doesn’t matter if he’s finished. The content is in the code. This is proof they CAN release him and just patch to finish him later. Also proves that Wes’s statement of not being able to add a rock or tree is bullshit. The trees and rocks are already in the code. They can add them wherever they want. We finally have confirmation right here. 

• Like 4