Jump to content
Alkavian

Post Credits Scene.

Recommended Posts

Well, I think I’ve reached the end of this road. Been away on vacation (not a Bears style vacay, but a real one) and came back to see the forums in a pretty sad state. Lots of desperation, frustration, and beating a horse that has become more of a rug than a corpse. Already seen some good folks leave and some get banned. At this stage, moving on to other things seems best. I no longer have a drive to keep investing time here at this juncture.

That being said, I must say I’m humbled by amount of folks who took an interest in The Playbook thread, helped contribute to it, and made it a place people could go for some help getting a bit better at the game. I can hardly believe the number of views it has received and the amount of positive feedback it has garnered. Thank you all for taking an interest and providing input. @Kodiak thanks for putting it as a sticky in the General Discussion Forum for people to find. Just letting you know at this point I will no longer be updating it unless some unforeseen and unbelievable development occurs allowing new content to be added to the game. You can unhitch the boat from the dock and let is sink if you so choose.

 

Thank you to all the good folks I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with over last year and then some. Glad to have made some new friends. Thanks for all the great laughs and games. @bewareofbears, @lHeartBreakerl, @AldermachXI, @Brigadius, @TheHansonGoons, @Tattooey, @Ghostboy20, @BrokenFattHardy, @Riot_Dame, @Risinggrave, and a slew of others that I'm sure I'm forgetting (unintentionally). I'll still be playing F13 on Xbox on occasion, but I don't think the forums have much left to hold my attention. Many of you know how to reach me so it's not goodbye, but rather change of venue. ;)

I also play quite a bit of Deep Rock Galactic on Xbone. Great indie-game with many new updates and an awesome Dev team. I'd highly recommend it if you want a change of pace.

This meme reminds me of the forums and the game at the moment.

tumblr_lpqx459FNj1qaaqmq.png

Frankly, I don't want to hang around for the slow death of both. So I bid you all adieu and good luck. ~Alk

tenor.gif?itemid=5377170

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alkavian said:

Well, I think I’ve reached the end of this road. Been away on vacation (not a Bears style vacay, but a real one) and came back to see the forums in a pretty sad state. Lots of desperation, frustration, and beating a horse that has become more of a rug than a corpse. Already seen some good folks leave and some get banned. At this stage, moving on to other things seems best. I no longer have a drive to keep investing time here at this juncture.

 

That being said, I must say I’m humbled by amount of folks who took an interest in The Playbook thread, helped contribute to it, and made it a place people could go for some help getting a bit better at the game. I can hardly believe the number of views it has received and the amount of positive feedback it has garnered. Thank you all for taking an interest and providing input. @Kodiak thanks for putting it as a sticky in the General Discussion Forum for people to find. Just letting you know at this point I will no longer be updating it unless some unforeseen and unbelievable development occurs allowing new content to be added to the game. You can unhitch the boat from the dock and let is sink if you so choose.

 

 

 

Thank you to all the good folks I’ve had the pleasure of chatting with over last year and then some. Glad to have made some new friends. Thanks for all the great laughs and games. @bewareofbears, @lHeartBreakerl, @AldermachXI, @Brigadius, @TheHansonGoons, @Tattooey, @Ghostboy20, @BrokenFattHardy, @Riot_Dame, @Risinggrave, and a slew of others that I'm sure I'm forgetting (unintentionally). I'll still be playing F13 on Xbox on occasion, but I don't think the forums have much left to hold my attention. Many of you know how to reach me so it's not goodbye, but rather change of venue. ;)

I also play quite a bit of Deep Rock Galactic on Xbone. Great indie-game with many new updates and an awesome Dev team. I'd highly recommend it if you want a change of pace.

This meme reminds me of the forums and the game at the moment.

tumblr_lpqx459FNj1qaaqmq.png

Frankly, I don't want to hang around for the slow death of both. So I bid you all adieu and good luck. ~Alk

tenor.gif?itemid=5377170

 

 

 

Sad seeing you leave too but I'm on Xbox and I know I'll see you there, my friend. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never really had the chance to hang around a lot on the forums but seeing what I've heard as of late i may have been better that way,
Pity I never managed to talk with people a lot on here, but I'll take this as an opportunity to just see last few things going on, I'm probably on my way too, probably from the game as well I don't even trust them to keep the game up, especially on Xbox which I mainly use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, this is sad, but not surprising. You have bestowed much wisdom on everyone here. You showed me how to be more tactful in my arguments. 

Glad to hear you are no longer wasting your time here though. I remember when the forums used to be fun and and now all of the prominent members are being chased off. Its digusting. 

I will see you on the Xbox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alkavian I can dig it. I'll see you around on other avenues, man. 

 

If there has been one bright spot to everything, It's been a blast to meet and befriend so many top notch individuals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

@Alkavian I can dig it. I'll see you around on other avenues, man. 

 

If there has been one bright spot to everything, It's been a blast to meet and befriend so many top notch individuals. 

I agree.......but I still wanna seen you in Thursdays usual meeting. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I agree.......but I still wanna seen you in Thursdays usual meeting. 😜

I'm hoping to be there this week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, late to this one. Always enjoyed our conversations, and your wisdom. Hate to see you go, but I completely understand it. You will be missed around here, I am a PS4 guy, but I am sure we will cross paths again. And if it got missed in all the chaos of the forums and my life, my wife and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your contribution in our time of need. Godspeed brother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn! Really is sad to see you go @Alkavian.

you've bestowed so much knowledge and wisdom to the forums, I'm not surprised you're leaving. Just sad to see it actually happening...

Goodbye bro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have always respected the way you handle yourself. Especially when everyone else was screaming. Thank you for all the testing and write ups you did on the playbook. It helped many of us more than you know. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, who's left? I feel like this is the Friday the 13th equivalent of the Thanos snap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Godspeed, @Alkavian. Always a gent, and a really good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×