Suffy

How to make killing Jason great again!

7 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Traps are always good, but I admit I like to save my traps. With part 2 I’d be ok, but I tend to save traps to keep myself in the habit for when I’m part 4 and don’t have a lot to go around. 

I do use the environment when I can, and I’m blocking more often than I used to. But just like you guys said, that takes awhile. They’ll gang beat until a weapon breaks, then tag out while they go get another. I try to only slash if I’m in serious danger (like a group of 3+), but I admit I should probably use it more often. 

I’m just trying to learn new techniques because I’ve seen some Jasons pull it off consistently. Just had a Battle Chad and Tommy showing no mercy a few days ago; whippin my ass. I finally got the Chad because, while jogging and juking in front of me, he stumbled, and Tommy missed with his save swing. I had just enough time to execute him. But had Chad not stumbled, that would’ve been twice the nightmare.

Oddly, with the old grab, they wouldn’t have lasted half that time. 

Also used to be able to put the grabbed counselor in between you and the saving counselor to still get the kill and no stun. Someone(Hi Devs!) thought Jason was too OP I guess.

5 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Traps are always good, but I admit I like to save my traps. With part 2 I’d be ok, but I tend to save traps to keep myself in the habit for when I’m part 4 and don’t have a lot to go around. 

I do use the environment when I can, and I’m blocking more often than I used to. But just like you guys said, that takes awhile. They’ll gang beat until a weapon breaks, then tag out while they go get another. I try to only slash if I’m in serious danger (like a group of 3+), but I admit I should probably use it more often. 

I’m just trying to learn new techniques because I’ve seen some Jasons pull it off consistently. Just had a Battle Chad and Tommy showing no mercy a few days ago; whippin my ass. I finally got the Chad because, while jogging and juking in front of me, he stumbled, and Tommy missed with his save swing. I had just enough time to execute him. But had Chad not stumbled, that would’ve been twice the nightmare.

Oddly, with the old grab, they wouldn’t have lasted half that time. 

Remember you can still walk forward to dodge that first save swing, walk till the rescuers in mid swing and can’t get out of the animation, then execute them with a long kill. I like to taunt groups who think that Jason is weak, I’m a talker though so it works for me. I also lie, I’ll fixate on one Counselor till they are limping, telling them “I got them next” or how they are going to die then use stalk and shift to go after the rescuer who poses the most threat. 

4 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Also used to be able to put the grabbed counselor in between you and the saving counselor to still get the kill and no stun. Someone(Hi Devs!) thought Jason was too OP I guess.

Didn’t they give him some small “buffs” just a bit ago lol? I actually think Jason is weaker now than he’s ever been. 

Slasher, I’ve done something similar already lol. Told a guy he was too troublesome to worry about now, and left the cabin. Hit stalk and waited until climbed out the window.

Stalk is my favorite ability. Some are catching on though.

4 minutes ago, JackTV said:

Didn’t they give him some small “buffs” just a bit ago lol? I actually think Jason is weaker now than he’s ever been. 

Slasher, I’ve done something similar already lol. Told a guy he was too troublesome to worry about now, and left the cabin. Hit stalk and waited until climbed out the window.

Stalk is my favorite ability. Some are catching on though.

yeah, and in latest patch to try and level, they nerfed the counselors by limiting med sprays. The balance is all out of whack again. Was best I think just before the engine update. or some time around there.

Stalk doesnt really work for experienced players. They will hide out in cabin and make you come get them. Even worse because if you happen to get a sneaky grab off guard have to move to somewhere in the cabin to have space for kill sometimes and gives even more time for the save.