Suffy

How to make killing Jason great again!

I would say I am a great Jason and a somewhat above average counselor. When I first got this game, I would see Jason die maybe once a week.

Now as a counselor I see him die atleast 2-3 times a day. It would probably be a lot more if it was always my intention to kill him. New players also have a tendency to grab prematurely and is quickly countered by Axes, Machetes, etc. Lack of body block now doesn't help Jason either. It's pretty funny to watch, but I would hate to be a new player and constantly die as Jason on their first day of getting this game.

Then there is also the issue as Jason where people want to kill me.

I rarely die and have not died in a long time having wised up to a lot of these tactics. Hugging walls, targeting the worst, targeting females, slashing, trapping power boxes, etc.. Precautions can only goes so far and when projectile weapons such as the shotgun (which takes 20%!!), flare guns and even firecrackers can deal damage plus demask it's an issue. Then there is also the common scenario in which counselors will intentionally group around an objective with weapons as a means to lure you in to stop the objective while pummeling you with melees. It's frustrating because as Jason there is nothing you can do in these scenarios other than take the damage I will inevitably receive or just let them finish the objective. Then there is also the scenario where people will either group up in a small room or the shack and wait until the time runs out because as Jason you're pretty much asking to get your wig split if you go in.

This focus on bullying Jason which the game now revolves around also adds a layer of toxicity to the game. Whenever I get into one of the above mentioned scenarios, I keep hearing things like "you pussy", "shitty Jason" and "Why is Jason running from counselors? lol!" as a means to rile me up when they know how easy it is to kill Jason. Then when I manage to oust them by either taking out Tommy or sweater girl, I realize they didn't even try to do any of the objectives.

One time a streamer I use to be friends with just ran circles around the map as Vanessa with a Bubsy collecting sprays and knives. They actually had all the knives on the map, but neither of them even attempted to do any of the obejctives.. they didn't even tank the traps despite having the Medic perk. When I asked "What the hell were you guys doing" they responded "We were going to kill you, but Tommy was an idiot!", "Why would you want to kill me if I am on your friends list?", "Well I can just take you off!!!!". Last time I played against a group trying to kill me, I got so frustrated because the group got as far as getting the car started (with no traps on the door!) but once they realized they had a bad Tommy they didn't even try to escape. They just ran around still trying to hit me with melees until they all died.

With that said, I would like to make a few suggestions that I think could go a long way.

Make the sweater a random spawn
Think about it. This game needs to get back on track by making experienced counselors do objectives. It would also force counselors to improve their game more productively rather than relying entirely on just one method. We need to bring the fear of Jason back in the game even if it's a new player. I'm not saying that the sweater spawning be extremely rare, but have it appear say 1 out of 5 games. This way when all the stars aligned it can feel more special and rewarding because it is no longer common.

Add different shack locations
This one might not be doable under the current circumstances, but one issue I take with is that everybody knows the shack locations. Let's change it up and instead of 2 predetermined spots for each map, how about 4.. or 6?

Make new ways to kill Jason
This one is definitely not doable, but it would be cool if there were more difficult and inventive ways to kill Jason. Say for example if there was a Forest Green map. Knock Jason's mask off, have a female counselor get the sweater in the shack without setting the alarm. Use it on the boat when you see Jason on the radar. Tommy and Sweater girl take the boat and re-enact the ending to Part 6.

Look, I'm by no means saying I'm great at this game and possibly it has to do with whatever platform each of us play on, but as an XBox player with nearly 300 counselor games played and about 50 Jason games played so far (small potatoes to some of the vets here), I've never one time seen anyone kill Jason and despite getting bullied a few times as Jason, I've never came close to actually being killed either. But, like I said, maybe my experience is more common because it's XBox and maybe it's different on other platforms?

• Like 1

I have all the achievements for PC including Final Chapter (Play as Jason 1000 times). While I don't know the xbox player base too well, I can say if knowledgeable players coordinated enough then Jason would lose 90% of the time. The medic perk alone is broken as someone like Bubsy can equip it and intentionally step on traps over and over making Jason unable to retrap anything. The only things that can save Jason against a team of mostly 150's intent on killing him are

1) Glitches
2) Worst player is Tommy or sweater girl
3) Prevent Tommy from ever being called
4) Over confidence

Just today on my first game since patch, we killed Jason.

@Suffy There are a few threads on this subject, but most of your suggestions are new.
   Making the sweater a random spawn... I cannot remember seeing this idea before. I would not be against it... but I think it would only cut down the number of attempts on Jason's unlife.
   Different shack locations... Also a new one on me, but I see two issues with this one... you only have to play a few games of offline bots to discover all of the shack locations and they will be quickly posted online anyway. This combined with the fact that people will quickly have the locations committed to memory anyway, and it only takes one person in the group that knows where the locations are. Secondly... the issue of room on the maps for new locations for the shack. On small maps in particular, you can plainly see the shack sometimes very close to a car, or just off the road... there just is not much room off the beaten path for other spots to place the shack.
   New ways to kill Jason... We all know that is not going to happen now, but it would have been great to see. Particularly on the Grendel map as the shack just does not fit into that one... or even a Lazarus or Manhattan map... the shack would not work well with those either. I have been curious about how they would have went about doing the Jason kill for all of these scenarios... but unless they decide to tell us about the stuff they were working on that we will never see now... well... we may never know.

It is pretty easy to kill Jason with a co ordinated team... mostly just because it is so easy to get his mask off. After that, barring glitches or a Tommy that screws things up, or Jason running away... it is pretty much a foregone conclusion. Removing the double tap would be the biggest help with this, or giving Jason the ability to block as he comes out of a stun at least. Perhaps even having the shotgun and bear trap damage not count towards demasking?.... Just my opinions.

@Gacys Clown On PC at least, there are a lot of Jason hunters roaming around Crystal Lake in groups. From what I have seen, some do very well... some only seem to try and kill Jason players that are low level... and a few do really well against very skilled players, but this still does not necessarily mean they will kill Jason every time they try. But it was supposed to be very difficult to kill Jason... and it is not that difficult. What is very difficult is fighting off some of the extremely skilled hunters out there. I do not even try to kill Jason very often (unless others in the group really want to do it) and I have had 3 Jason kills within 3 hours of playing not so very long ago. There are others that can do MUCH better than me.
   There are tactics to fight off the Jason hunters spread through several different threads from a while back. I do not know how it is on consoles, but I would think you will eventually run into some Jason hunters. You may want to check out some of these tactics, they might help you when you finally do face the hunters... but I cannot remember any of the thread names right now. Try searching for killing Jason or Jason kill with the "thread title only" option.
   If you like to complete badges and achievements, then that kind of sucks that you do not even have 1 Jason kill towards your badge, which means you do not yet have the achievement for it either... or do they call achievements... trophies on consoles? By the time I got to 300 counselor games I was at least pretty damned close to completing that badge. According to the dates on my achievements, I got the "Roll Credits" (for killing Jason) on my second day playing.

I've got the achievement, but it was a whole room of players just letting it happen. And you'd be mistaken if you thought I cared if some hunters actually killed me as Jason. If they do, cool. But it hasn't happened yet. The only hunters that are gonna pull this off is if they're all together from the get go. Randoms in the lobby, half without mics, aren't going to coordinate anything to kill Jason. You have a personal group of buddies that all know what they're doing and attempting do the same thing, then, yeah, I'm sure it's quite easy to kill Jason. But that's not the norm by any means.

Personally, several counselors running around Jason tagging him is dumb and doesn't fit with the spirit of the game for me. I'm constantly searching for parts, repairing shit, etc. to get the hell out of there. I'd rather die doing that than living killing Jason.

I wish the devs would do something better with the look of the Jason Kill...it's always really hard to visually make out what is happening. It usually shows a really bad camera angle of the Jason kill, plus it quite often shows some visual distortion effect that IMO looks really bad.

Why can't we just get a nice and clear, great angled view of the Jason kills?

im on ps4 and i can say its wayyyyyy too easy to kill jason. me and 2 other friends actually killed jason 8 matches in a row. we only did that because when we came into a lobby we heard some guy totally bashing a really low level player cuz they tried to kill him and apparently failed miserably so we said quit being a douche and he told us to f off and we couldnt do any better. so we proved him wrong 8 times in a row killing him 3 times in the process. so i think something should be changed. maybe make it so you cant get the sweater until theres only a female counselor and tommy left?

There's many ways to change it these would include.

• Increase Jason health by default and actual normal one for part 2 , 6 and 9 (less healthiest)
  • Add a last standing bonus or something similar.
  • More steps to kill him.

The thing is that once Jason is unmask he is way too much vulnerable, Block is bugging right now which does not help. And glitchers , exploiters is worse. For me to solve the problem these are the step.

1. Fix the sliding glitch.
  2. fix cars DPS.
  3. Increase health for all Jasons by one or two hit and actual health for the weakest.
  4. Fix block issues

I'm part of a Jason hunting group, and if you're one of those pussy Jasons who hugs walls or hides in the water then it's your problem. Jason has already so many ways to save his neck, you can disable power generators as soon as the game starts, you can focus on female counselors, you can kill weak counselors first to get them to be Jarvis, you can combat stance/block large groups untile they break their weapons,  you can use traps creatively, NOT TO MENTION you're a semi immortal supernatural serial killer who can teleport and run faster than a car. So, no excuses.

That said, I would more than welcome new ways to kill Jason. I really think the last survivor should get a shot if he manages to deal enough damage AND there are less than 2 minutes left

Killing Jason is too easy but a few little tweaks would help fix that.

1) Double his HP.

2) Widen his grab a little bit. Not alot just a bit.

3) Speed up the animation on a missed grab. Again not much just a little would help alot.

4) Invincibility frames after a stun 3-5 seconds so he can get block up shift or move to a more favorable position. 

5) Quick block is too unresponsive and needs fixing. 

This list isn't everything that could help. It is however, I think a list of reasonable changes that wouldn't hurt the balance. 

On 7/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, Sir Jack said:

I'm part of a Jason hunting group, and if you're one of those pussy Jasons who hugs walls or hides in the water then it's your problem. Jason has already so many ways to save his neck, you can disable power generators as soon as the game starts, you can focus on female counselors, you can kill weak counselors first to get them to be Jarvis, you can combat stance/block large groups untile they break their weapons,  you can use traps creatively, NOT TO MENTION you're a semi immortal supernatural serial killer who can teleport and run faster than a car. So, no excuses.

That said, I would more than welcome new ways to kill Jason. I really think the last survivor should get a shot if he manages to deal enough damage AND there are less than 2 minutes left

This is that good ol' toxic mentality I like to bring up. If something is brought up that doesn't 100% benefit somebody then they are going to complain and won't admit to all the strats he relies on that make could make it nigh impossible pending on the circumstances.

I'm going to assume this guy didn't even read my first post entirely because I mention a lot of what he says in terms of strats. Too bad he doesn't address people often spawn near the Tommy house if not inside it.  More so we have other issues that don't only make it too easy to kill Jason, but even just doing objectives.  The medic perk for example. If two people equip it and just tank traps right away, Jason can't do anything about it. Let's also not forget it takes one discord call to say "Hey I am stepping on the car trap" while someone as the phone box has plenty of time to fix and call if it's a -Morph Jason.

Also there are plenty of Jason killers that cheat!  A pretty well known one was actually ban for it recently and is currently running around on an alt account. There is also a different Jason killer guy who uses all kinds of cheats such as duplicating firecrackers and despite video of him admitting he cheats he still taunts calling people pussies while running around with the infinite stamina glitch.

This is SEVEN versus ONE if you haven't forgot. Even if Jason blocks, he is still screwed because he can still get demasked! In one game I was hit by Adam with a machete in combat stance before killing him, then said guy comes back as Tommy and goes to the shack with a girl already waiting for him. I block, he demasks me.. I got demasked from two hits including one I blocked! (potent ranger+thrasher).

On 7/12/2018 at 8:14 AM, Suffy said:

This is that good ol' toxic mentality I like to bring up.

He's the one hugging the walls like a scared kindergartner, yet I'm toxic.

If something is brought up that doesn't 100% benefit somebody then they are going to complain and won't admit to all the strats he relies on that make could make it nigh impossible pending on the circumstances.

Ahah, no. I've actually wrote in the past about the ways the guys could make Jason fearsome again (http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16173-fury-mode-new-grab-two-god-mode-spots/?tab=comments#comment-301195), without making the game unplayable, so you're referring to the wrong person.

I'm going to assume this guy didn't even read my first post entirely because I mention a lot of what he says in terms of strats. Too bad he doesn't address people often spawn near the Tommy house if not inside it.  More so we have other issues that don't only make it too easy to kill Jason, but even just doing objectives.  The medic perk for example. If two people equip it and just tank traps right away, Jason can't do anything about it. Let's also not forget it takes one discord call to say "Hey I am stepping on the car trap" while someone as the phone box has plenty of time to fix and call if it's a -Morph Jason.

"This guy" simply believes you're one of those salty kids who consideres being killed as Jason worse than death and will throw a tantrum to avoid it (and/or use pussy strategies like hiding in the water or hugging the walls). People spawn in the Radio tower house? Well then go for the power generators just as the game starts, I think you know very well were the Jarvis tower might spawn each match! Or, you could just target the lower level players so they get to be Jarvis! You could kill the female characters firts! Etc Etc. I often spawn as Jason, and I only get killed if I meet a very well organized, high tier team. That's quite rare. And no, I don't hug walls, I play like a man. They tank the traps? Maybe you should think a little creatively and stop doing that SAME OLD ROUTINE of trapping the objectives, and save your traps for later. I don't trap the cars anymore, IE. As for Discord, what are you suggesting? Let's take down their servers, shall we?

Also there are plenty of Jason killers that cheat!  A pretty well known one was actually ban for it recently and is currently running around on an alt account. There is also a different Jason killer guy who uses all kinds of cheats such as duplicating firecrackers and despite video of him admitting he cheats he still taunts calling people pussies while running around with the infinite stamina glitch.

Of course that's a drag, but what are you suggesting here? We should prevent people from cheating? O RLY?

This is SEVEN versus ONE if you haven't forgot. Even if Jason blocks, he is still screwed because he can still get demasked! In one game I was hit by Adam with a machete in combat stance before killing him, then said guy comes back as Tommy and goes to the shack with a girl already waiting for him. I block, he demasks me.. I got demasked from two hits including one I blocked! (potent ranger+thrasher).

IF you're likely to take all those hits then use a Jason with High Defense, or even best, DON'T just stay there like a pinata taking all those hits, change strategy!
I've seen plenty of Jasons surviving a 7vs1 assault, they just play it smart.

• Like 1

That was a big post, but I can tell just from this sentence I glanced at

" Of course that's a drag, but what are you suggesting here? We should prevent people from cheating? O RLY? "

None of it is worth reading.

Yeah, run ;)
That's what you've basically being doin while hugging walls and hiding in the water

You don't know who I am first of all and all you are trying to do is play up your ego for what you already know is a broken game. What is there to really "run" from?

Let me reiterate something to you if you didn't catch it the first time. I AM one of the best on the PC format and have played with all the best. This goes for both counselor and Jason. After the new grab patch I had been killing Jasons 2-3 times a day without it even being a focal point of what I want to do. Everybody including the top Jason killers I know all agree that killing Jason is too easy and his only saving graces are glitches. Even the top Jason killer I knew admitted it's like a scam. There is nothing new you are telling me and all you did was garble up the things I said and threw it back up calling it your own while inserting all kinds of passive aggressive insults to make you feel good about yourself. It's kind of pathetic. Not to mention this is a dead game with a decreasing player base so it's even more pathetic. It's like saying you're a top player in a game like White Noise. I mean I feel a little bad having 1k hours in this game knowing the amount of players are shrinking, but damn even if that weren't the case it's pointless to brag because the game is broken.

Look at Ahab's post, he said it himself: A full well coordinated team can kill almost any Jason easily, but hey you already know that don't you? Ahab is clearly more active than you on this forum so I can assume he has just as much knowledge about this game if not more than you.

All I did was suggest a ways to make the game more exciting and interesting. If you think about there are what...? 5 ways to win a match? Two vehicles, Police, Let the time run out and of course Kill Jason. Are you too poor at doing objectives that having that latter option would just make it impossible or do you just enjoy torturing people who just bought the game on sale? Is it too overwhelming for you if the shack spawned somewhere else than the exact same two places? How about learning a new way to kill Jason, is it hard for you to learn?

Speaking of a broken game and easy demasking, what are the chances you or someone in your little group used exploits for the demask? Do you stun after pocket knife? Hit Jason through doors (which is still possible)? Sweater cancel by dropping item since they patched the emote work around? How about this one: Stand next to a bear trap, let Jason grab you, Jason's new grab puts him on the trap unknowingly and letting you free, then uh-oh double tap with an axe! Don't grab in groups? Uh okay, slashing still leaves a window open for other players to hit you. Blocking still allows you to take damage. Speaking of blocking, the radius is all fucked up anyway. You would think it would be a half circle around Jason, but I know the angle where if Jason comes through a doorway, I can hit him and there is nothing he can do about it!

How about projectile weapons, something Jason can't really fight against. Ever sneak up and shoot a Jason while he's putting a trap down. Oh damn, that's 20% mask damage isn't it?

21 hours ago, Sir Jack said:

Yeah, run ;)
That's what you've basically being doin while hugging walls and hiding in the water

What does hugging walls do? I never heard of this.

18 hours ago, Suffy said:

You don't know who I am first of all and all you are trying to do is play up your ego for what you already know is a broken game. What is there to really "run" from?

You don't know who I am either, and I never denied the game had issues.

Let me reiterate something to you if you didn't catch it the first time. I AM one of the best on the PC format and have played with all the best. This goes for both counselor and Jason.

Note to reader: I am the one inflating his ego.

After the new grab patch I had been killing Jasons 2-3 times a day without it even being a focal point of what I want to do. Everybody including the top Jason killers I know all agree that killing Jason is too easy and his only saving graces are glitches. Even the top Jason killer I knew admitted it's like a scam.

Oh, I have the same average too, if not better. But I beg to differ about the rest: while killing Jason IS pretty easy task (something I admitted way before in another topic I linked you, but it seems you have issues about reading so...yeah), there are many ways to prevent this from happening WHICH NOT INCLUDES GLITCHES AND PUSSY STRATEGIES like the one you use. I've wrote about this before and apparently "YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT". That's the only beef I have with you actually, I found many of your tips quite on point, I just can't stand pussy Jasons ;) I

There is nothing new you are telling me and all you did was garble up the things I said and threw it back up calling it your own while inserting all kinds of passive aggressive insults to make you feel good about yourself. It's kind of pathetic

Wow, is this ok? I never insulted you.

Not to mention this is a dead game with a decreasing player base so it's even more pathetic. It's like saying you're a top player in a game like White Noise.

Yeah, I never said I'm a top player, but you did so like a few lines ago so... yeah...

Look at Ahab's post, he said it himself: A full well coordinated team can kill almost any Jason easily, but hey you already know that don't you? Ahab is clearly more active than you on this forum so I can assume he has just as much knowledge about this game if not more than you.

A FULL WELL COORDINATED team can LIKELY have the chance to kill any Jason, yes. But there are many ways to counter that without being a wall hugging or water hiding coward.
I don't think I'm a TOP PLAYER, but I have Jason preference, play a lot of matches everyday and died only two or three times since the update. And when I did lose, I took it like a man.
So there's something wrong here: either I'm an incredible player and I didn't know it (and I DON'T think that is the case), or maybe Jasons have to adapt their strategy and evolve.

All I did was suggest a ways to make the game more exciting and interesting. If you think about there are what...? 5 ways to win a match? Two vehicles, Police, Let the time run out and of course Kill Jason. Are you too poor at doing objectives that having that latter option would just make it impossible or do you just enjoy torturing people who just bought the game on sale? Is it too overwhelming for you if the shack spawned somewhere else than the exact same two places? How about learning a new way to kill Jason, is it hard for you to learn?

Infact I liked that suggestion, I don't get what you're on about. I even posted similar suggestions in a topic I linked you ( (http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16173-fury-mode-new-grab-two-god-mode-spots/?tab=comments#comment-301195 ) before that you obviously didn't take the time to read because you are so full of yourself. The only beef I have with you is about the pussy strategies, I told ya.

Speaking of a broken game and easy demasking, what are the chances you or someone in your little group used exploits for the demask? Do you stun after pocket knife?

We don't use exploits. The "Pocket knife stun" is easily avoidable if you just 180° away right after the animation. It's been ages since I saw a Jason noob enough to fall for that.

Hit Jason through doors (which is still possible)? Sweater cancel by dropping item since they patched the emote work around?

It is possible to hit Jason through doors if the door is already broken. Sweater cancel isn't a huge advantage, as Jarvis I always stun Jason myself and I find it to be much quicker than the sweater cancel.

How about this one: Stand next to a bear trap, let Jason grab you, Jason's new grab puts him on the trap unknowingly and letting you free, then uh-oh double tap with an axe!

Yeah that's fun, but you have to be a total moron to fall for it, honestly.

Don't grab in groups? Uh okay, slashing still leaves a window open for other players to hit you.

I kinda see where you are coming from here, Among the suggestions I made MONTHS ago there was a "Fury mode", like a short invincibility span after being hit 2 or 3 times in rapid succession. Anyway what you're asking for is complete invincibility, counselor can and should defend themselves.

Blocking still allows you to take damage.

That's only really true for part 6 or Jasons with "minus defence". Yesterday i Was part 3, I stood still blocking and a group of 4 counselor took like 3 minutes of continuosly hitting me in order to take the mask off, and they broke countless weapons in the meantime. If you plan on taking that many hits, switch Jason.

Speaking of blocking, the radius is all fucked up anyway. You would think it would be a half circle around Jason, but I know the angle where if Jason comes through a doorway, I can hit him and there is nothing he can do about it!

Yes that would be improved.
As you can see, I'm not against your suggestions, I'm against the fact your admitted hugging walls and stuff. I dunno why you got all triggered.
But at the same times, many of things you point out are not an issue for me, I know ways of countering those problems or at least know about people who know how to do it. Add "Pietro1234", invite him to a match, have him be Jason and let me know if you manage to "pocket knife stun" him. I've seen lvl 150 trying that for months and not succeeding.
And again, I'm NOT a top player, that's you...

2 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

If you face a wall, Jarvis can't get in front of you and kill you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Jack said:

If you face a wall, Jarvis can't get in front of you and kill you.

Thanks. I was confused. You know, I'm a 150+++ and been playing obsessively since release, and I've yet to be killed as Jason. A group came close once, but I ended up slashing them all down in the end. I never used any tactics to avoid being killed except being careful and isolating and focusing on the sweater girl.

2 hours ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

Edit should have read further he answered.

I think somewhere in the thread someone mentioned the Devs changing the way Jason gets killed. I think that would be a great idea, but what would make it better is if they kept it a complete secret. Let the players figure it out. Then, when it gets figured out, give the players a month or two to play with that kill dynamic, then change it again. Jason's shack and stun could still be there, it just wouldn't offer a kill sequence. It would keep the game fresh and people interested. It's probably new content, but that would have been a great way to go forward.

The only trouble I have as Jason is consistently beating the counselor juke. Sometimes I beat them, sometimes I don’t, but that’s one-on-one. 

Get two or more counselors saving each other with every grab though, and I’m ready to punch babies. The new grab and Jason’s slow recovery gets me every time. I’m trying to beat them consistently, and it just doesn’t go my way. Sometimes shift and stalk tactics are beneficial, but counselors that travel as a group limit its effectiveness. 

1 minute ago, JackTV said:

The only trouble I have as Jason is consistently beating the counselor juke. Sometimes I beat them, sometimes I don’t, but that’s one-on-one. 

Get two or more counselors saving each other with every grab though, and I’m ready to punch babies. The new grab and Jason’s slow recovery gets me every time. I’m trying to beat them consistently, and it just doesn’t go my way. Sometimes shift and stalk tactics are beneficial, but counselors that travel as a group limit its effectiveness. 

Traps are your friend. Try and fight them were you want, not where they want. And try to only use grab when you can put and object between yourself and the rescuer, trees are good side guards. 

• Like 1

Just now, JackTV said:

yeah 2 counselors walking side by side with weapons and medsprays are a pain in the ass let alone 3 or 4.. bait and block seems to be the only thing working. Get some weapons to snap then you can start executing. Takes so much time though. Not really any fun. Especially if they are high level and know you are trying to bait them.

• Like 1

Traps are always good, but I admit I like to save my traps. With part 2 I’d be ok, but I tend to save traps to keep myself in the habit for when I’m part 4 and don’t have a lot to go around. 

I do use the environment when I can, and I’m blocking more often than I used to. But just like you guys said, that takes awhile. They’ll gang beat until a weapon breaks, then tag out while they go get another. I try to only slash if I’m in serious danger (like a group of 3+), but I admit I should probably use it more often. 

I’m just trying to learn new techniques because I’ve seen some Jasons pull it off consistently. Just had a Battle Chad and Tommy showing no mercy a few days ago; whippin my ass. I finally got the Chad because, while jogging and juking in front of me, he stumbled, and Tommy missed with his save swing. I had just enough time to execute him. But had Chad not stumbled, that would’ve been twice the nightmare.

Oddly, with the old grab, they wouldn’t have lasted half that time.