noahvt

Please welcome the new game breaking bug/big Jason buff

20 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

So your problem is that before you were able to run around and make Jason's traps meaningless, and now you might have to decide whether or not to tank all his traps?

I get it.

I don't have a problem with this. Again, you can't comprehend your own reading. 

You said, "don't need to have more than two sprays"

I said "you do if you tank traps."

I should know. Since I tank traps.

Now you're trying to move the argument to "well, it shouldn't be so easy to remove traps". Which is a fair point, but not what you stated originally. Look. I get it. You think there was too much spray, yet you're soooo good you don't even need any. My point is that if you tank traps, and kite Jason consistently you probably are going to need more than two.

My Take away from  this umm.... bug?/counselor nuff?

-the new standard meta-perks will be Hypocondriac/Medic/Thicked-skin

-Part 2 is indirectly buffed due to counselors less likely to willing tank traps

-Slasher Jasons will be even more Hated.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

My Take away from  this umm.... bug?/counselor nuff?

-the new standard meta-perks will be Hypocondriac/Medic/Thicked-skin

-Part 2 is indirectly buffed due to counselors less likely to willing tank traps

-Slasher Jasons will be even more Hated.

Yup, you nailed it.

12 minutes ago, malloymk said:

My point is that if you tank traps, and kite Jason consistently you probably are going to need more than two. 

This, totally!

5 hours ago, noahvt said:

Hello there!

Please say hi to the new game breaking bug aka a very big Jason buff introduced in the new patch, possible the worst one we've seen yet. No more medsprays!

Well, at least on the following maps:

• Packanack
  • Packanack small
  • Crystal lake
  • Crystal lake small

All other maps are untested.

Small maps tend to have 1 spray and big maps tend to have 0. This could differ from round to round but it seems like these numbers are correct. Some good news: secret medsprays still spawn in. If you know where these are, good for you.

This does not affect Tommy or the hypochondriac perk. This bug was confirmed by someone at Illfonic.

Only use those medsprays if you really need them from now on.

So far in my experience this is all wrong. Yes, there are fewer sprays reliably spawning on shelves in bathrooms (found only one on a shelf over the course of 5 games) but I’m still finding them elsewhere. One round I didn’t find any but on another I found two. This is how it should be. I shouldn’t be constantly ignoring sprays that I find because I already have two slots worth filled with them (which was the norm until now).

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

The only maps that are currently having issues with Medical Sprays are Packanack Large and Crystal Lake Large.
These two maps have less Medical Sprays than the intended amount, but there are still multiple Medical Spray spawns working on both of these maps.

The rest of the maps are having no issues with the Medical Spray spawns, but the static spawns for the sprays may have been moved around to address the Medical Spray issue listed in the patch notes.

I also have no idea what you mean by "secret spawns", so I can't really comment on that. 

If you're testing exclusively in Offline Bots mode then I'm assuming you aren't finding any of the Medical Sprays that spawn in drawers.
The drawer spawns are around half of the total sprays on each map, so that may also be a reason why you're having trouble finding Medical Sprays on these maps.

Glad you guys now know about this problem but how long will it take for you to fix it is the real question?

That's what people that want easy 8/8 cried about the whole time. 

We should do the same to have them back.

Anyway if they wanted to decrease them they should have keep the sprays in the bathrooms, and delete them elsewhere. Now it's completely pointless to go into the bathrooms. It made even more sense to have them there. A medkit in a campfire or in a boathouse has less sense.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

49 minutes ago, Hancove said:

That's what people that want easy 8/8 cried about the whole time. 

We should do the same to have them back.

Anyway if they wanted to decrease them they should have keep the sprays in the bathrooms, and delete them elsewhere. Now it's completely pointless to go into the bathrooms. It made even more sense to have them there. A medkit in a campfire or in a boathouse has less sense.

Well, I'm not sure if this is really a bad thing for the sake of balancing.  As a counselor, it's troubling, especially since my new thing the past week has been solo demaking with Jenny, so I expect to take slashes since I need about 5 for the demask (I find it really fun since it feels like actual combat since I'm not relying on stuns and more on correct positioning, punishing wiffs, and smart maneuvers combined with Dodge-canceling).  But as a Jason player, less sprays will cause mobs to disperse much quicker. 

More than anything though, this will hurt newer players the most since they don't know about many of the unmarked item spawn points and don't have the necessary perks yet.  Likely though, we'll start seeing more players running Medic + Hypochondriac to tank traps.  For now I'm playing Vanessa with Hypochondria (took off medic) until I have an idea of current abundance (or lack of) of sprays, then go back to Jenny as I don't really want to change that build (Preparedness/NoS/Swift Attacker).

Right now I don't know if this is overall a good thing or bad thing.  I'd be more on board with it if they add 2 more PK if the reduction of meds is consistent.  This would encourage players to actually use PK for their other primary purpose.

As someone who wants Jason more powerful than he was, this is not something I was for. Mechanic fixes for combat and grabs. Oh well, new patches always bring new bugs. Instead of doing so much patch wise they should just do weekly patches in small amounts to make sure they are getting things right. They focus way too much and trying to cram so much into one that shit gets overlooked and pushed through, always leading to a list of new bugs.....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jameson87 said:

As someone who wants Jason more powerful than he was, this is not something I was for. Mechanic fixes for combat and grabs. Oh well, new patches always bring new bugs. Instead of doing so much patch wise they should just do weekly patches in small amounts to make sure they are getting things right. They focus way too much and trying to cram so much into one that shit gets overlooked and pushed through, always leading to a list of new bugs.....

Me too I agree Jason should be more powerful on combat and grabs. 
Also he can be demasked way too easy, as part IV I've been demasked just with a shutgun and a vertical stun by Tommy Jarvis, I didn't like that but also don't like to have everyone limping around me and kill everyone without having a real challenge. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hancove said:

Me too I agree Jason should be more powerful on combat and grabs. 
Also he can be demasked way too easy, as part IV I've been demasked just with a shutgun and a vertical stun by Tommy Jarvis. 

Yep. This is exactly how they should handle it, but they just go back and forth with the health sprays and pocket knifes, instead of actually working on what actually matters. I guess it is easier to just do the back and forth, instead of actually focusing on the root problems.

• Like 1

Hmmm this does not coincide with my experience after the patch. The least found on a map was 4 and the most 6.... which is what it should be in my opinion. The counselors should not be able to have 2-3 med sprays unless they are using the hypochondriac perk and find one. I say this as someone who has only played Jason 4 times out of 100 levels...not as someone who mains Jason. You can have two heals if you run hypochondriac and medic so not really sure what the complaint is. 

2 minutes ago, Jasix said:

Hmmm this does not coincide with my experience after the patch. The least found on a map was 4 and the most 6.... which is what it should be in my opinion. The counselors should not be able to have 2-3 med sprays unless they are using the hypochondriac perk and find one. I say this as someone who has only played Jason 4 times out of 100 levels...not as someone who mains Jason. You can have two heals if you run hypochondriac and medic so not really sure what the complaint is. 

They Need : Easy cops , easy Car! 

You don´t know how often I hear this. But good to see you not upset.

I think lower sprays are fine. There is no reason for every counselor to have a spray and then others 3. Not to mention half of them having PK too.

Be a team player and use that PK on a trap. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

I think lower sprays are fine. There is no reason for every counselor to have a spray and then others 3. Not to mention half of them having PK too.

Be a team player and use that PK on a trap. 

Exactly , man.

How can you guys like this? I'm finding myself more and more often with people limping mid-game. It's boring as Jason and as counselor. 

I really don't understand, to me it makes impossible to play the game in a more funny way. 

• Like 1

I think it's very easy to understand that with "having fun" I mean to play a game worth playing, not to laugh while playing. Should I really explain this? 

23 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Less meds will simply make people hoard their sprays more and refuse to help their teammates. It'll likely lead to more people refusing to tank traps leaving the objectives unfinished and everyone dead.

Maybe for some, but not for me. With my thick skin, I don't need a med spray to tank a trap. And if I'm already hurting and the end is near, I just might take myself out on another trap if it's close. If the team is actively trying to get stuff done, I have no problems sacrificing myself for them. Med spray or not, the Sacred Branch will guide me. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 3:05 PM, ShaunAburame said:

OP, are you sure it wasn't more like...

Game updated, played four matches, had bad luck finding med sprays, assumed the update took away med sprays.

Lol.

I literally just logged in here to see if anyone made a thread about this...yep it’s true...I played about 4 matches and there are barely any health sprays...this is the last thing this game needed ...

• Confused 1

Been playing quite a few games today... not even noticing a drop in the number of med sprays on the 2 maps that it is supposed to be happening on.
   As Jason on the crystal lake map, I counted 16 med sprays used... 2 dropped by one counselor that I killed, 1 dropped by another that I killed.... that makes 19. I did not ask anyone if they were using hypo or medic, as it really does not matter. I have played a great many games seeing far less than half of that number used long before this update.

As a counselor, I am finding two med sprays to pick up... along with 2 or more extras in almost every match today. This has been consistent through every map for me today. I am just not seeing what the problem is here... at all. But then again, I do not troll Jason and I do not use hypo or medic... and rarely have I ever had a use for more than the two med sprays I am usually carrying.
   Its funny too... been playing with many new people, many mid levels and many max level players today. I have not heard one person in game even mention something about this. Not even the friends I played with today even knew about this until I told them... and not one of them had a problem with it as they found enough med sprays to keep them happy in every game as well.

I am also finding one hell of a lot of firecrackers... is this a 4th of July event for extra firecrackers?

Well , I played a lot now and yeah , there are less Health sprays but they are perfect now. Not too few and not too many. Only every third match when I spawn in a bad spot , I don´t get any Med-sprays. And there still is Hypochondriac , so quit bitching guys.

And @TiffanyCakes , you know a lot of Players left because of Jason becoming a joke. We´ll find out if this is something that this game Needs.

They said there was impossible to add even a rock because of the lawsuit, and they removed sprays, that would count as adding content so I will report GunMedia to the police.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3