noahvt

Please welcome the new game breaking bug/big Jason buff

25 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I never sell any good ones , that could potentially make fun builds later.

And @noahvt , who are you actually? I don´t actually remember you but it seems like you hate any buff for Jason and are also against him , so are you A.a counselor crybaby or B.you just hate Jason?

And if you didn´t notice it , Jason is the weak one Right now and we are happy to finally see something good to him.

And @ShaunAburame , you shouldn´t have to rely on pocket knives. Your Idea is horrible.

Who knows , Maybe it will finally get balanced in a good way? Let´s pray.

If you don´t like the way I pray , well guess what :

Not against Jason, was just trying to say Jason buff to please all the Jason mains.

5 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Not against Jason, was just trying to say Jason buff to please all the Jason mains.

Ohhh , sorry , I never thought I met someone like this. Thanks for pleasing us.

Because you said it is ''a gamebreaking bug'' , I thought you just hate everything good against Jason.

1 hour ago, noahvt said:

Hello there!

Please say hi to the new game breaking bug aka a very big Jason buff introduced in the new patch, possible the worst one we've seen yet. No more medsprays!

Well, at least on the following maps:

• Packanack
  • Packanack small
  • Crystal lake
  • Crystal lake small

All other maps are untested.

Small maps tend to have 1 spray and big maps tend to have 0. This could differ from round to round but it seems like these numbers are correct. Some good news: secret medsprays still spawn in. If you know where these are, good for you.

This does not affect Tommy or the hypochondriac perk. This bug was confirmed by someone at Illfonic.

Only use those medsprays if you really need them from now on.

The only maps that are currently having issues with Medical Sprays are Packanack Large and Crystal Lake Large.
These two maps have less Medical Sprays than the intended amount, but there are still multiple Medical Spray spawns working on both of these maps.

The rest of the maps are having no issues with the Medical Spray spawns, but the static spawns for the sprays may have been moved around to address the Medical Spray issue listed in the patch notes.

I also have no idea what you mean by "secret spawns", so I can't really comment on that. 

50 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Also tested extensively in offline bots.

If you're testing exclusively in Offline Bots mode then I'm assuming you aren't finding any of the Medical Sprays that spawn in drawers.
The drawer spawns are around half of the total sprays on each map, so that may also be a reason why you're having trouble finding Medical Sprays on these maps.

1 minute ago, [IllFonic]Courier said:

The only maps that are currently having issues with Medical Sprays are Packanack Large and Crystal Lake Large.
These two maps have less Medical Sprays than the intended amount, but there are still multiple Medical Spray spawns working on both of these maps.

The rest of the maps are having no issues with the Medical Spray spawns, but the static spawns for the sprays may have been moved around to address the Medical Spray issue listed in the patch notes.

I also have no idea what you mean by "secret spawns", so I can't really comment on that. 

If you're testing exclusively in Offline Bots mode then I'm assuming you aren't finding any of the Medical Sprays that spawn in drawers.
The drawer spawns are around half of the total sprays on each map, so that may also be a reason why you're having trouble finding Medical Sprays on these maps.

Thanks!

But....we know that Jason is Pretty weak now….so.....why...don´t….we just leave it there….(atleast for the Moment)….?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Thanks!

But....we know that Jason is Pretty weak now….so.....why...don´t….we just leave it there….(atleast for the Moment)….?

Yeah, I agree! Jason's grab is slow as fuck right now and it needs a drastic increase in speed. 

1 minute ago, BigJay said:

Yeah, I agree! Jason's grab is slow as fuck right now and it needs a drastic increase in speed. 

I think Jason also needs something to protect himself with after demask. Just got my mask taken off whilst I was blocking with only 3 axe hits. I shift grabbed sweater girl twice, the first time she had a knife and the second time they saved here before the kill options even lit up. Like what do you want me to do? I can't grab, I can't slash. The only thing I can do is toss knives, give up or hide in the water. Quick chokes and body blocks aren't possible anymore sadly.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, noahvt said:

body blocks

For convenience , we now call it meat-shielding.

Edited by The Wolf with that Toast
Woops , wrote know instead of now
  • Like 1

Anyone besides me getting stuck on Loading Screens when returning to Main Menu or Lobby? (Posted here since it's a thread about bugs after the update)

Good. All those med sprays were making pocket knives useless

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I rarely use them so I probably won't miss them as much as some others. Still doesn't mean I don't want them though. Can't believe we get more shit fucked up this go round. Damn!

I can. Every update/patch does something stupid and breaks something else.

1 hour ago, agnes said:

Well this evens out for Jason's joke of a grab now

Can we go back to the September/October build please?

Lmao agreed.

12 minutes ago, noahvt said:

Less med sprays is not a buff to Jason, it is a nerf to counselors. I have only played three games since the update. Higgins, Jarvis as Jason and Packanack. As Illfonic Courier said, only two maps are affected by this... I was on large maps for my games. Found many med sprays on Higgins (like normal) and on Packanack I still found two, but with the keys I had, I stopped looking for stuff and went to repair the car. I did not even notice a difference in the amount of med sprays... yet.
   There are already way too many med sprays in the game.... and there are no Jason mains, we all play counselors way more than we could ever hope to play Jason. But there are many players that prefer to play Jason.

@ShaunAburame A pocket knife perk would be ridiculous and very quickly bring seven more pocket knives into pretty much every match.... and soon after that, it would be in every single match. You may use them on traps (you did not say, you merely stated that they are required to get rid of Jason's traps), but most people do not... they are the greatest incentive for a piñata Jason party... or the old dance party with the cops. I use them on traps whenever I can and still find one in many matches... sometimes even two of them.
   Using up a perk for a pocket knife... no one would have a problem with that... and we all know why, but it is not to disable traps. Seven pocket knives in a match was a nightmare... most players would prefer not to return to that particular nightmare.

This is in no way a game breaking bug, if anything it balances out for Jason's busted grab on 2 maps.

The only time I have ever needed more than 2 sprays in a 20 minute run is if I was looping through one of the 2 story houses and jumping from the upstairs windows.

1 medspray with the medic perk is enough for anybody that isn't just screwing around and trolling Jason.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MRFRIDAYF13TH said:

guys guys guys thanks for the game first off but my oh my my kingdom for a patch that smooths things out and doesnt add more issues for you all to fix later on my god but thank u for game

Yeah , it seems Pretty stable and actually buffed Jason! Actually most People Always overreact and say it is ''a new Level of incompetence'' with every new patch but it seems like now they did everything Right!

Trust me, you don´t want to see the Forum go apeshit , where many DbD Players come over to say fuck you.

You really phrased your sentence weird though.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, ZillaMeister said:

Never bothered with it because I run medic and thick skinned and find health spray 9/10 anyway. But, seeing as it’s important now, I’ll roll for another one.

Still it's easily a top 30 perk even with med sprays at full capacity.

3 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

This is in no way a game breaking bug, if anything it balances out for Jason's busted grab on 2 maps.

The only time I have ever needed more than 2 sprays in a 20 minute run is if I was looping through one of the 2 story houses and jumping from the upstairs windows.

1 medspray with the medic perk is enough for anybody that isn't just screwing around and trolling Jason.

Not if you're tanking traps.

10 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Not of you're tanking traps.

You know you're right, you should be able to run around and tank traps with no consequences.

1 minute ago, AdmiralJT said:

You know you're right, you should be able to run around and tank traps with no consequences.

Read better to post better.

I didn't say that.

I responded to your post about only needing two sprays at most. Well if you're tanking traps (like good team players do) you're going to need more than two sprays.

Just now, malloymk said:

I didn't say that.

I responded to your post about only needing two sprays at most. Well if you're tanking traps (like good team players do) you're going to need more than two sprays.

2 sprays times 7 counselors is 14 sprays. Part 2 with 7 traps still leaves 7 sprays in play. How many more do you need?

Damn, when I saw "big Jason buff" I thought for a second they may have reverted his grab. I was about to do a little dance. Oh well. lol

4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

I didn't say that.

If you're chosing to tank traps, youd already have thick skin or medic equipped "like good team players do."

10 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

2 sprays times 7 counselors is 14 sprays. Part 2 with 7 traps still leaves 7 sprays in play. How many more do you need?

Not everyone tanks traps equally though. I've had numerous matches tanking at least 4 traps.

Just now, malloymk said:

Not everyone tanks traps equally though. I've had numerous matches tanking at least 4 traps.

So your problem is that before you were able to run around and make Jason's traps meaningless, and now you might have to decide whether or not to tank all his traps?

I get it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

If you're chosing to tank traps, youd already have thick skin or medic equipped "like good team players do."

Meh. I feel it's better to run hypo and medic, than hypo and thick skin. Not that there is much of a difference.

I believe his point is this does hurt a strategy people use. Depending on how widespread the problem actually is of course. You're right though you shouldn't need more then two, unless you keep having to save your teammates. In my case I run medic over thick skin because of the versatility. Less meds will simply make people hoard their sprays more and refuse to help their teammates. It'll likely lead to more people refusing to tank traps leaving the objectives unfinished and everyone dead. But hey at least Jason players will get those easy kills right?