35 minutes ago, Slim Aggronym said:

On Xbox, there is still the issue of in-game mic chat not working at random times for random players. For me, it wouldn't let me hear others or speak to others with my headset plugged in but Xbox Live party chat works just fine as well as any other game. It's just Friday The 13th that does this. It came back and worked for a day, then broke again and it is very frustrating.

May be a stupid question, but you are finding a walkie talkie during that match right? If you don’t have the walkie talkie, you won’t hear anyone talking unless they’re really close to you on the map. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

May be a stupid question, but you are finding a walkie talkie during that match right? If you don’t have the walkie talkie, you won’t hear anyone talking unless they’re really close to you on the map. 

I am aware. The issue persists in the lobbies. The symbol to show that I am talking never pops up while the glitch is occurring. I know how the walkie-talkies work.

1 hour ago, Slim Aggronym said:

I am aware. The issue persists in the lobbies. The symbol to show that I am talking never pops up while the glitch is occurring. I know how the walkie-talkies work.

That’s why I was saying it may be a  stupid question, just was making sure you were aware of the walkie talkies. You’d be surprised by the amount of players that have no clue about them. Hope you can find a fix for your issue. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

That’s why I was saying it may be a  stupid question, just was making sure you were aware of the walkie talkies. You’d be surprised by the amount of players that have no clue about them. Hope you can find a fix for your issue. 

It also never gets told in game.

I mostly play on PS4, sometimes play on PC and almost never on Xbox just because I barely ever think to use my Xbox One X in general.

I'm in Australia and noticed that on Xbox, it tends to put me in overseas lobbies after just a few seconds of searching quick play - which is a bit off putting as I can't be bothered playing with 300+ ping.  

Yesterday I decided to play on Xbox for a bit and was pleasantly surprised when it put me in my own lobby after like 7 seconds (on PS4 it'd search for 90-100 seconds before it would do that).  

People joined and although most of them were random overseas players (and mostly below level 20), I was still happy that the lobby filled up relatively quickly - something that doesn't happen easily on PS4  (in the Australian F13 community anyway) unless half a dozen friends are online. 

I had the same issue that is quoted at the top of this page... I could see the odd person's mic icon light up, but couldn't hear them at all. I thought it was a system setting that I must've changed without realising, but asked the one Australian player who had joined (by messaging through the Xbox app) if he had the same issue and he did. It seemed like 75% of players were micless anyway, but it's still quite a significant issue and seemingly exclusive to that platform? Never seen it on PS4 or PC before. 

Also, I gotta say... I have a PS4 Pro and an Xbox One X - on my 4K tv the game looks waaaaay better to me on the Xbox than it does on PS4 Pro (which looks marginally better than base PS4, if at all).  I know the X upscales to 4K (iirc) but I'm pretty sure it was basically on par with PS4 in terms of visuals before the engine upgrade. Now it looks a lot closer to the PC version graphically. Everything is a lot cleaner/clearer/crisper and the lighting, fog, foliage etc. looks a lot better than on PS4.

PS4 version looks jaggier than ever after the last couple of updates. My recorded gameplay on PS4 from 6 months ago looks better than the game looks on that platform now.

I hate that stupid minor issues like the flare gun animation being wrong persist more than three months after the May update. It was so much better when the flare gun knocked Jason down, or made him lean his head if there wasn't room for him to fall down, when shot in the eye. It looks incredibly lame and feels very unsatisfying now - combined with the ridiculous "frozen in place for ~73 hours after shooting the flare gun, god forbid you inexplicably miss and get grabbed...", the poor underappreciated flare gun is not what it used to be :( 

I’ve been playing more on Xbox since I last posted, and it’s been a lot of fun making every second Jason rage quit after tunneling me from the start of the match... but I literally cannot hear ANYONE on in game chat, ever.

Seems like about 15% or less of players I’ve come across are using in game chat to begin with, but when they are I can’t hear them. Quite a significant issue, hope it’s fixed in next patch.