Kaelum

PS4 Patch 07/03/2018 @ 8AM PT

Yep just saw this as I was about to get off Black Ops 3.

EDIT: They tweeted out that it’s a critical issue fix and that notes will be out soon.

At the end of the game it makes a copy. Maybe it is the possibility to use the game client side when online will disappear. 

I don't like the update if this is the reason :(

@ShiftySamurai & @[IllFonic]Courier (tagged since there is no current patch update thread to post this in)

I just fired up my PS4 and popped in F13.  So far, right off the bat, I've noticed 3 things:

1.  Loading takes a bit longer in certain situations (like going from counselor/ Jason selection screen back to main menu has a noticeable delay).

2.  Audio and video are out of synchronization when loading up a match and the intro plays (so far I have only tried 1 bot match, and the A/V is off by 5 seconds or so)

3.  Visually, it looks like the entire game took a resolution hit.  I am seeing jaggies all over everything, such as Jasons mask, when before this patch this was never an issue.  It's either a resolution problem or something with the implemented AA.

2 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

@ShiftySamurai & @[IllFonic]Courier (tagged since there is no current patch update thread to post this in)

I just fired up my PS4 and popped in F13.  So far, right off the bat, I've noticed 3 things:

1.  Loading takes a bit longer in certain situations (like going from counselor/ Jason selection screen back to main menu has a noticeable delay).

2.  Audio and video are out of synchronization when loading up a match and the intro plays (so far I have only tried 1 bot match, and the A/V is off by 5 seconds or so)

3.  Visually, it looks like the entire game took a resolution hit.  I am seeing jaggies all over everything, such as Jasons mask, when before this patch this was never an issue.  It's either a resolution problem or something with the implemented AA.

Vintage Gun/illfonic patch.

6 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

The final patch will have the game booting up to the old NES version. 

Title-Screen-NES.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Title-Screen-NES.jpg

It will have less bugs then.

7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Title-Screen-NES.jpg

Say what you will about the NES game.....

But at least it worked.

:chadwut:

1 hour ago, Kaelum said:

What is this patch?  I don't see any notes for it.

Notes are up....after the patch released, but they are up.

28 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Notes are up....after the patch released, but they are up.

That's how it done around here. Patch a game, then release notes. Confirm dedicated servers, then not have them for 18 months. Cancel content, inform blog that probably got a free copy of the game, then confirm to your paying customers once you've been found out.

We always the last to know.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

I am starting to think this is how the boost up their social media activity. Release the patch and watch the crowd flooding the sites. More active users means more money from ads i guess? ( i don´t have twitter so i am not sure if there is even ads??)

Game is still broke, doors still don’t come down when you are in rage as Jason , so you are still blind for a couple of seconds, If you go into combat mode as Jason behind the doors to try and chop it down faster now it will track a counselor inside taking you off the door as a target(another nerf thanks guys)

at the end of the match walking back to the shack,  I was a hybrid of Savini and something else( I use part 3 and do not have Savini , this is what I noticed in my very 1st game after the patch(yes I was Jason off the bat)

as a counselor, it seems as easy as ever to stun Jason and escape , so nothing has changed there.

edit....

seems like if you kill somebody by the car as Jason , or if Jason grabs you, if you are Jason you are glitched and can’t move, this happened to the person who was Jason in my last match 3 times, I just stared the car in front of him and left, he was stuck, so I guess this was Gunn’s solution to the rubber banding at the car LOL!

This is a little off topic but I just noticed that after @AldermachXI got "real like a muhfucka" I now suddenly have lost all my "Like" emotes. Ain't even used one today but now I have none. Coincidence? ?

5 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

it seems as easy as ever to stun Jason and escape , so nothing has changed there

Ugh. Well that's disappointing. That is definitely one of the more aggravating problems with the game; Jason's inability to take a hit.

2 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Was anyone expecting anything different? I'd be shocked if this doesnt break more than it fixes.  

Honestly, this patch to me is simply a patch to help Gun look like "Good Guy Gun" and to squash the "Gun isnt abandoning the game" talk.  Shills will use this to say, "See! If they were abandoning the game, they wouldn't have released a patch!"

We will see if they put out another QoL patch or more and actually release dedicated servers.  

The only thing that I see fixed is the Jason kill animations don’t shake now, and the matches don’t end early, that is about it.

5 hours ago, thatdudescott said:

Say what you will about the NES game.....

But at least it worked.

Looks like I might fire this one up on July 13th, as it still works as intended.