SO PUMPED!! I love the camera work, when you open a window, when you open a door, super great potential for jump scares and really makes you feel like youre in a movie. LOVE! Need more!!

• Like 8

I thought I heard from one of the devs that opening windows and doors is supposed to work like in Amnesia: The Dark Descent, where you have to hold a button and pull the door open with the mouse. But in this video, it seems pretty fluid.

Still an awesome video. I love that the devs like to keep us entertained with these little teasers.

I feel like he should have closed the window...

It wouldn't help if Jason shows up. Turbo-Douche might need to make a speedy exit.

Well this proves beta is literally right around the corner !!! While else would we get a new counselor reveal car info And 2 short game teasers within such a short amount of time of each other?

#f13

#beta hype

#full gameplay

First aid spray? It would appear that the Umbrella Corporation has dealings in Crystal Lake... which explains a lot actually.

Glad to see it's not so easy for counselors to get around like it is for Survivors in Dead by Daylight.

• Like 1

A bit cutty in the gameplay, other than that it looks extremely good

Oh, that's a nice looking cabin. Nice to see that plenty have different dimensions to them. Imagine opening that second door only to find Jason charging after you! I am pumped to see what Head Counselor and Athletic Girl have to show us (as well as everybody else - who wants to bet there will be a video showing off mechanics using each of the teens?).

• Like 1

Looks good, but the changes in the camera seem too abrupt, as if there was no transition, it's the feeling I've had... Did this happen to anyone?

Edit: I have read that those camera changes is to look for a feeling of claustrophobia.

I have claustrophobia. I would not say that camera movements are claustrophobic, BUT, the effect is like "omg what's wrong with you?", and make me angry and this affects the game positively, because you feel something. I think this game is about feelings: anxiety, horror, claustrophobia, and lot lot lot funny moments, so... You're right, guys.

• Like 3

Looks good, but the changes in the camera seem too abrupt, as if there was no transition, it's the feeling I've had... Did this happen to anyone?

According to FB, they're working on it.

• Like 1

I kind of liked them. It felt very much like a classic Survival Horror game. I don't know, just my two cents. I'm getting more and more excited with each video.

Edit: So after watching it a few more times I can see what you're talking about. A couple of the changes between opening and then going through the window are a little abrupt, but I do like where it's going and those issues can and likely will be smoothed out (hopefully) by beta and or release.

• Like 1

Edit: I have read that those camera changes is to look for a feeling of claustrophobia.

I have claustrophobia. I would not say that camera movements are claustrophobic, BUT, the effect is like "omg what's wrong with you?", and make me angry and this affects the game positively, because you feel something. I think this game is about feelings: anxiety, horror, claustrophobia, and lot lot lot funny moments, so... You're right, guys.

Yeah a bit abrupt
  • Like 1

How random will the maps be?

That is, will change the position of the cabins and the shape of the environment, or does this only apply to objects?

Anybody knows any about this ?

I kind of liked them. It felt very much like a classic Survival Horror game. I don't know, just my two cents. I'm getting more and more excited with each video.

Edit: So after watching it a few more times I can see what you're talking about. A couple of the changes between opening and then going through the window are a little abrupt, but I do like where it's going and those issues can and likely will be smoothed out (hopefully) by beta and or release.

That's what I was thinking! And that makes me happy. This is the only clip that has made me think this game might actually be scary. I thought it would be thrilling for sure, but this looks like it could actually be a solid horror game.

• Like 2

That is, will change the position of the cabins and the shape of the environment, or does this only apply to objects?

All aspects of the maps will be procedurally-generated, aka completely randomized. You'll never see the same items in the same cabins in the same locations on the same map. The only exception would be like "hero locations" from the movie; like you'll always see the Higgins Haven house and barn spawn next to each other.

So you won't be able to memorize the map for easy wins.

• Like 1

From what I gather:

Environment will be relatively the same.

Cabins and doors/windows on cabins will be randomized. 

Also, number of cabins and where the cabins/cemetery/archery range/etc will be will be random.

Objects random too.

• Like 1

Thx all !!. Mr Wes answer me in twiter too . Thx all for your help   =)  Best community ever.

I think we all notice that something strange happens with the movement of the camera, is it so much to spoil the experience of the game? I think not, I think we can get used to it, but seeing it in the gameplay seemed to me like "WOW", it was something very striking for me. I like the changes of perspective but not that they are so abrupt, I explain: when you open the door and the camera changes and it shows what is left in your back, it is a good vision especially if Jason is behind you, so I like that perspective, but... just less abrupt. With this I finish, I do not want to be repetitive hahaha

• Like 1

I think we all notice that something strange happens with the movement of the camera, is it so much to spoil the experience of the game? I think not, I think we can get used to it, but seeing it in the gameplay seemed to me like "WOW", it was something very striking for me. I like the changes of perspective but not that they are so abrupt, I explain: when you open the door and the camera changes and it shows what is left in your back, it is a good vision especially if Jason is behind you, so I like that perspective, but... just less abrupt. With this I finish, I do not want to be repetitive hahaha

i totally get it and i think you're right

i totally get it and i think you're right

It has nothing to do with the post but I love to see another girl here in the forum, little by little we are more. :)