Sign in to follow this  
Cer1alkill3r

No new cp,xp or tape events until they fix the game.

I asked on Twitter about this and shifty said there will be none until they fix the game. 

I find it hard to believe they won’t do one next weekend to celebrate the final Friday the 13th of the year. Unless this means they have a patch coming by then

• Like 1

Just now, kepps-66 said:

@Cer1alkill3r or at least a screen cap??

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Any ETA on the next update? Before July 13th I hope?

In response to:

"is there a release date or time table for the update for consoles??"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Truth said:

In response to:

They're only doing bug fixes and stability for weeks now, after the most recent patch broke a year old game more than any previous patch... asked about progress- not even a timetable for when it's coming.

Don't change, guys.

• Like 3

Just now, SDA said:

not even a timetable for when it's coming.

Which they have NEVER given us. Why would you expect it now?

They're working on fixes, we'll get them when they're ready. Not much else to be said about it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Truth said:

Which they have NEVER given us. Why would you expect it now?

They're working on fixes, we'll get them when they're ready. Not much else to be said about it.

For serious? When they think they're near the line, they'll hoot and holler, you'll see people you don't see to back pat- they definitely will bust out an ETA if they think they're close... 

This tells me they're not close. Of course, I remember when people suggested dedicated servers back in OCTOBER, so your block "NEVER" for timetables is pretty revisionist too.

8 minutes ago, SDA said:

For serious? When they think they're near the line, they'll hoot and holler, you'll see people you don't see to back pat- they definitely will bust out an ETA if they think they're close... 

This tells me they're not close. Of course, I remember when people suggested dedicated servers back in OCTOBER, so your block "NEVER" for timetables is pretty revisionist too.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here... Maybe I just need some coffee...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Truth said:

In response to:

That was to me....lol. Thats my Twitter account....hahaha

Just now, kepps-66 said:

That was to me....lol. Thats my Twitter account....hahaha

I thought so lol

1 minute ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

Anything to shut up the trolls and haters is fine by me.?

Trolls and haters? Some are just upset, and other just roll with it. Maybe they need to vent, and maybe in most cases, they have reason to.......

5 minutes ago, vaporeonlover971 said:

Anything to shut up the trolls and haters is fine by me.?

I don't get it...

I really do need some coffee...

It actually be sad if they don't have an event on Friday the 13th. I had planned to play while watching Joe Bob hosting movies on Shudder .

57 minutes ago, Truth said:

I don't understand what point you're trying to make here... Maybe I just need some coffee...

With the patch prior to this, which required four and a half months to develop, they touted how the new version of Unreal would allow more prompt hotfixes for urgent bugs. In the six weeks since, they've put out one patch that broke the game worse than it had been in the year since release, to where it now... just...ends.

If EVER there was a situation where you'd think they'd go, "man, good thing we put in the engine upgrade that allows for quick fixes, because this is a disaster!", wouldn't it be "hey, why did the game just end with half the lobby alive?" But- I guess not. Something about fooling me a dozen times.

Then you got all certain about your "why would they ever give us timelines?!?" viewpoint, when I remember 100% enough dancing JCVD gifs to know, yes, they give us timelines when it serves them, so I wanted to point out, no that's wrong. 

It's unfortunate as a whole that it didn't work out like it should, but oh well. Maybe they're aiming to have it out before the 13th and want to underpromise. We'll see.

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, SDA said:

In the six weeks since, they've put out one patch that broke the game worse than it had been in the year, to where it now... just...ends.

That is due to lack of patch testing. They do videos to hype people up, but they need to be spending some time at Gun and Illifonic doing some testing.

1 minute ago, SDA said:

With the patch prior to this, which required four and a half months to develop, they touted how the new version of Unreal would allow more prompt hotfixes for urgent bugs. In the six weeks since, they've put out one patch that broke the game worse than it had been in the year, to where it now... just...ends.

If EVER there was a situation where you'd think they'd go, "man, good thing we put in the engine upgrade that allows for quick fixes, because this is a disaster!", wouldn't it be "hey, why did the game just end with half the lobby alive?" But- I guess not. Something about fooling me a dozen times.

Got it, that makes more sense now. You're right about this, we SHOULD be getting updates more quickly now. They claim to be fixing the more "gamebreaking" bugs right now, but they should still be rolling out fixes more frequently. I would guess that some of these issues are much harder to replicate and that's why we haven't seen any fixes yet (since that last patch).

1 minute ago, SDA said:

Then you got all certain about your "why would they ever give us timelines?!?" viewpoint, when I remember 100% enough dancing JCVD gifs to know, yes, they give us timelines when it serves them, so I wanted to point out, no that's wrong.

For the dedicated servers, they said they were "almost done" and should be released by/around October. After failing to meet that date (and the backlash that it caused) I would never expect them to give us anything more than "soon". Hell, even the roadmap was a shit show.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I didn't read anything about no increased tape drops?

Increased tape drops would be nice... the hunt for Tommy tapes is exhausting.
   An increased chance for legendary perks would be nice too... they have added an increased chance for epic perks in the past... that was when I got most of my epic perks.
   I hope they add both of these to an upcoming event. 

My thinking on this:  If the rumor of a Japanese release date (I know, I know) on July 13th is true then I can imagine a scenario where they've been working like crazy to get t he bugs fixed before that date.  It would be their main focus.  So if that is true I think we can expect a patch on or before July 13th.  If we get the patch around that time then double XP will also probably be part of the package.

3 hours ago, SDA said:

With the patch prior to this, which required four and a half months to develop, they touted how the new version of Unreal would allow more prompt hotfixes for urgent bugs. In the six weeks since, they've put out one patch that broke the game worse than it had been in the year since release, to where it now... just...ends.

It's unfortunate as a whole that it didn't work out like it should, but oh well. Maybe they're aiming to have it out before the 13th and want to underpromise. We'll see.

Yep.  What the hell was the point of the "engine upgrade?"

My enjoyment of the game makes me want to give these guys the benfit of the doubt, but at this point after everything that's happened (and NOT happened), I can only wonder where on the sliding scale between "incompetent" and "fraudulent" these bozos are at.