kepps-66

Jason Selection Post Engine Update

Guys,

This past weekend, I played over 30 hours. I was never Jason once, while a couple people in the lobby was Jason over and over again. My preference is set as Jason.

Am I missing something here, or is this being seen by more than just me?

P.S. I was the host.

Selection seems to be slightly broken. Spawning as Jason twice in a row is possible, preferences sometimes seem to be ignored, ect.

3 minutes ago, ZillaMeister said:

Selection seems to be slightly broken. Spawning as Jason twice in a row is possible, preferences sometimes seem to be ignored, ect.

So you have also seen to where some are never "selected" while others are selected time and time again? 

With preferences set to Jason?

1 minute ago, kepps-66 said:

So you have also seen to where some are never "selected" while others are selected time and time again? 

Haven't seen that myself... I'm set to Jason and was consistently being selected every 3-4 matches. I haven't played in a couple weeks now though.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Haven't seen that myself... I'm set to Jason and was consistently being selected every 3-4 matches. I haven't played in a couple weeks now though.

Well before this weekend, my selections seemed to be more the same you are stating. But during the weekend, NIL! Odd too, cause a couple others were Jason over and over......

Well before this weekend, my selections seemed to be more the same you are stating. But during the weekend, NIL! Odd too, cause a couple others were Jason over and over......

Maybe I'll hop on tonight and test it out. I don't see why it would suddenly stop working correctly, it's not like we've gotten another update yet... Then again, some people seem to get more bugs than others...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Yes.

My friends and I play almost nightly and it seems like one of us gets the Jason privilege a lot and someone else maybe gets selected once. I think everyone in my friend group has their preference set for Jason.

• Thanks 1

I've had those streaks of never being picked while my friend is Jason every other game. I've always wondered if your connection has an effect on the selection process.

31 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I've had those streaks of never being picked while my friend is Jason every other game. I've always wondered if your connection has an effect on the selection process.

My internet connection is 400MBPS down and 25MBPS up.....I doubt it is the connection... :)

7 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

My internet connection is 400MBPS down and 25MBPS up.....I doubt it is the connection... :)

Maybe the problem is that your internet is too good...? Your up is about the same as my down lol

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Maybe the problem is that your internet is too good...? Your up is about the same as my down lol

Lol. Maybe it confuses the host...hahaha

I had the same thing happen. The last week I played a lot and not once was I, Jason. 

1 minute ago, Dr Zaius 007 said:

I had the same thing happen. The last week I played a lot and not once was I, Jason. 

It is frustrating isn't it? I mean I only need two more trophies....500 matches and 1000 matches as J and it isn't even giving me the opportunity to be J as much as it is others. And I have noticed that a couple people will be Jason over and over.

I have heard some say there is a "trick" to it, like changing you Jason's up or something.....

Yes, it is very frustrating. Like you, I switched mine to Jason as the preference. I prefer to be a counselor but I like to at least be Jason 2 out fo 10 times.

• Thanks 1

I played for a few hours during the day on Saturday and a few more games late that night... I know I played more than a dozen games in total and got Jason 5 times with 2 in a row happening once. For me it may have been that pretty much every game I played had a group of 3 or 4 (or more) Jason hunters that more than likely had their preference set to counselor. With the two in a row being one of those lobbies with a full crew of counselor preferences that tried to kill my Jason twice before I went back to "searching for lobby" after the second time. I play on PC so I don't think hosting is figured into Jason selection at all, but I could be wrong about that.

I hope the next event includes an increased chance for legendary perks... whenever it happens.

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I hope the next event includes an increased chance for legendary perks... whenever it happens.

Legendary perks are a complete joke. I have six of them, and my Epics are still better. Let's not even talk about how much CP it is taking to even roll a Legendary....

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I played for a few hours during the day on Saturday and a few more games late that night... I know I played more than a dozen games in total and got Jason 5 times with 2 in a row happening once. For me it may have been that pretty much every game I played had a group of 3 or 4 (or more) Jason hunters that more than likely had their preference set to counselor. With the two in a row being one of those lobbies with a full crew of counselor preferences that tried to kill my Jason twice before I went back to "searching for lobby" after the second time.

I am thinking that if more than a "couple" people have theirs set to be Jason, maybe the coding in the selection process is quirky. 

2 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

Legendary perks are a complete joke. I have six of them, and my Epics are still better. Let's not even talk about how much CP it is taking to even roll a Legendary....

I have 14 legendary perks... spent somewhere in the range of 500 000CP to get them (I cannot remember the exact figure now, but it may have been up to 600 000CP)... during my binge watching of movies while rolling perks I got probably 15-20 (this number may also be a bit skewed by memory) more legendary perks that were either doubles of what I already had or were those perks that I consider useless. Aquanaut seemed to be the most common legendary perk from what I remember.
   The values of the perks I got are similar to epics for some and others have the same range above the epic than the epics themselves generally have above the perk level below that. Which is pretty much what I expected. From rolling several doubles with differing percentages I know there is a range to them... getting a legendary with a higher value than its epic counterpart does happen, just not every time.
   Of the 14 I do have, I only use one regularly.... been saving my last couple 100 000CP for an event with an increased chance for legendary perks.

On Saturday I was only grouped up with only one friend (he dislikes playing Jason and always keeps preference on counselor). Other than that, I did ask the other players about their preferences in many cases before killing them... those that responded to my question were all on counselor preference, I just did not ask each player in every game... and there are always people that are unable or unwilling to answer. 
    Quirky coding? Could very well be, your guess is as good as mine on that one... but somehow I would not doubt there are some quirks in there.

5 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Guys,

This past weekend, I played over 30 hours. I was never Jason once, while a couple people in the lobby was Jason over and over again. My preference is set as Jason.

P.S. I was the host.

the same with me yesterday. I played 3 hours and 0 jason games for me. My preference is set as jason too

5 hours ago, kepps-66 said:

Guys,

P.S. I was the host.

Jason ticket thing not working? You're joking, right, cause everything Gun Media says will work always does. Maybe you were Jason and just didn't realize.

• Haha 1

I've been Jason twice in a row, and I've seen it happen to others

11 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Jason ticket thing not working? You're joking, right, cause everything Gun Media says will work always does. Maybe you were Jason and just didn't realize.

Seems the engine update was a huge cluster-fuck.

Seems the engine update was a huge cluster-fuck.

You must have weak legs, kepps, cause you just now catching up with the rest of us. 😉

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

You must have weak legs, kepps, cause you just now catching up with the rest of us. 😉

No, it just seems if you say the truth on here, the admins get on and threaten to ban your ass. lol

• Like 2

Just now, kepps-66 said:

No, it just seems if you say the truth on here, the admins get on and threaten to ban your ass. lol

Some do say that, even I used to, but I've learned that it isn't so much "what you say" but "how you say it".

As long as you aren't saying "fucker", "fuck", "dickturd" and shit like that every other word, you aren't lying about the devs and you aren't using "all caps" or anything that can be perceived as yelling.........you should be okay.