hey! so i've wanted to buy the friday the 13th game for the LONGEST time, and i've only just bought my xbox a few days ago to do so. however, with the news that the game may permanently be cancelled, i wanted to know if there is any point in me actually buying it anymore? what do you guys think? are bug fixes and glitches still going to be fixed? will there still be updates? will people still be playing? i just want to make sure it's worth the buy, or if not if the game is on its downfall. thanks in advance!

I cant tell anyone what to do with their money, but the $20 I spent back in feb was well worth the fun I've gotten out of this game. I'm approaching 200hrs of play time and closest other game in my steam library to that is only 30hrs. So yes, I love to play this game. Betting you will too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I cant tell anyone what to do with their money, but the $20 I spent back in feb was well worth the fun I've gotten out of this game. I'm approaching 200hrs of play time and closest other game in my steam library to that is only 30hrs. So yes, I love to play this game. Betting you will too.

oh yeah absolutely i know i'll love it, it's just the question of whether or not it's worth it anymore? people are saying that with the lawsuit, the game is basically finishing and will lose its fanbase, so i'm just wondering if there's any point? i still *really* want to but, i'm not sure

6 minutes ago, yavonaa said:

oh yeah absolutely i know i'll love it, it's just the question of whether or not it's worth it anymore? people are saying that with the lawsuit, the game is basically finishing and will lose its fanbase, so i'm just wondering if there's any point? i still *really* want to but, i'm not sure

Even though I am so mad at GUN right now, yes...buy the game. It's so fun and totally worth it. I own it on both the PS4 and Xbox One and it is the game I play the most.

@yavonaa

I wouldn't worry about the numbers quite yet, xbox is still going strong as far as I can tell. If you can deal with a few bugs here and there, then I'd say go ahead and buy it. The game isn't dead, people just like to exaggerate. We still have the players (maybe not PC) and we're still getting fixes (as they have stated), so the game is not going to die anytime soon.

Feel free to add me on xbox: TruthfulList56

We also have a forum group if you do decide to get the game:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18535-thursday-the-12th-xbox-group/

They're all very good players, but they would all be more than happy to show you the ropes (including myself).

If you can get it on sale then I'd say yes. If not I'd be a bit more weary. Realistically you should have at least a few months to enjoy the game so I'd say it's worth it. 

Realistically, they're not shutting off servers, so there are many months still in the tank with this game. I'd say it will still be going into next year, tbh. When the patches officially stop coming in, then that's when we'll probably see the biggest drop off and demise of the game.

It's worth getting. There's not going to be anymore content that's true but at least there's more in the game than when I bought it on physical release and I enjoyed it just as much then. 

@Truth I am on PC.... since the summer sales started, there has been an influx of new players. The players online count has been going up, though I have not seen it over 1000 for some time. It is still much better than the 300 it dropped to not long ago. I have never had an issue getting into a match... apart from the bug that splits up groups when trying to enter quick play. Not even at the lowest players online count that I have seen.

@yavonaa The game is a lot of fun... but you will die a lot. Be prepared for that... Its just part of the game. Escaping or killing Jason is far more rewarding if it cannot be done in every match. It may take a bit of time to learn the game, but once you do... you will find escaping, surviving or even killing Jason is not as difficult as it will seem when you first play. It is a lot more fun when you find friends in game to play with... such as the Xbox group that Truth suggested.
   If you want to play Jason, I recommend trying a couple games of offline bots just to learn what his abilities are and the basics of how you use them before jumping into quick play with other people... perhaps even watching a couple of gameplay videos on youtube might help. Also If you buy the game, there is a spectate mode after you die... I learned a lot watching other players through spectate mode. 
   There are a great deal of bugs you will run into, but not every match. I played for several hours last Saturday and a few games that night, I only saw the random Jason/counselor selection bug once and no others. Other days I have seen many bugs in just a few games. Some bugs are frustrating, some are amusing... but they are working on fixing the bugs and polishing the game. 
   Only new content has been canceled from this point on... they did manage to get quite a bit into the game compared to what it was when I bought it. I see many people saying the servers will only be up for a year, but have no idea what they base that on... The forums will most likely be shut down before the servers are, and that could be much further in the future than people claim... non of us know for sure. They are working on dedicated servers for consoles... so I doubt they would even bother continuing work on dedicated servers if they planned to shut down all the servers in only one year from now. That would just be a waste of money after all.
   There have been many people claiming this game is dead since the day I bought this game last October. One day, when the game actually dies... these people will dance around a fire and claim victory as if they were psychic. I continue to see "This game is dead" on youtube and the steam community all the time (and sometimes even in these forums). It is not dead, I still have no problem getting into a match and am still having a lot of fun playing... It was definitely worth the money for me... and I paid full price and own all existing DLCs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I am on PC.... since the summer sales started, there has been an influx of new players. The players online count has been going up, though I have not seen it over 1000 for some time. It is still much better than the 300 it dropped to not long ago. I have never had an issue getting into a match... apart from the bug that splits up groups when trying to enter quick play. Not even at the lowest players online count that I have seen

Good! I haven't seen any updates on the player count in a while so I didn't want to assume you guys still had decent numbers.

And that's the thing too, they'll probably be having sales on this game periodically in the future and all that's going to do is add more players to the mix. Yeah, only 1000 players online sounds shitty compared to other games, but I only need 7 others for a full game, so that's not going to be a problem still for quite awhile.

4 minutes ago, Truth said:

Good! I haven't seen any updates on the player count in a while so I didn't want to assume you guys still had decent numbers.

The count has been over 800 the few times I have checked today... I just checked again and it is currently 810 players. Before the sale it was hovering around 300 to 400. So far, I have never seen it go under 300, but even then... I had no problem finding a match in quick play. More players online is a good thing, whether they are new or returning players, but I have been seeing a lot of very low level players since the sale began somewhere around June 21ish.
  Hoping a patch comes out soon... It could really help keep numbers up if it does not cause a bunch of new bugs.

If you think you'll like it, go for it. Personally I wouldn't get it if I could go back in time. 5 maps is not enough for a MP game, especially since they are all pretty much copy paste campgrounds.

If you're a hardcore Jason fan just buy it on principal.  Like I did.:JasonPt3:

• Like 1

On 7/2/2018 at 7:39 AM, yavonaa said:

hey! so i've wanted to buy the friday the 13th game for the LONGEST time, and i've only just bought my xbox a few days ago to do so. however, with the news that the game may permanently be cancelled, i wanted to know if there is any point in me actually buying it anymore? what do you guys think? are bug fixes and glitches still going to be fixed? will there still be updates? will people still be playing? i just want to make sure it's worth the buy, or if not if the game is on its downfall. thanks in advance!

With the current state of the game I wouldn't recommend buying it, the game is more broken than ever. I would recommend waiting until the next 'bug fix' drops and check the forums to read up on what they fixed (or broke even more) before wasting your money.

16 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Truth I am on PC.... since the summer sales started, there has been an influx of new players.

Yeah I've noticed this too. a ton of low level players in lobbies. All have been pretty fun for the most part. Most don't know what they are doing and usually just hiding around, but better then quitting or trolling. I been giving out as many tips as I can. Some good matches and some bad ones. The usual.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, yavonaa said:

the devs made a fuckton of bad choices, but with the recent developments pun intended they might actually start fixing some of those. if they manage to unfuck jason im sure people wont be leaving as much as theyre doing now. but as it is, dont hope too much from jason gameplay. unless youre playing against disorganized new players, youll get absolutely annihalated by the skilled counselors because jason is very weak right now.

also, because of the leveling and xp systems you shouldnt expect much teamplay or anything like that either. many people dont care about gameplay anymore because a lot of cool things are locked behind xp, so most of them will not be helping you and wont share items. i suggest playing as fox, i had my best rounds as her since for me atleast shes a good balance between repair fighting and speed. youll see a lot of non repair characters trying to farm xp by getting all the objective items and hanging onto phone fuses and repairing things themselves, which often ends up in objective mass graves and everyone losing. but if you got a lot of friends or are willing to join a group like the dude truth suggested you shouldnt worry about any of that.

18 hours ago, Ahab said:

@Truth I am on PC.... since the summer sales started, there has been an influx of new players. The players online count has been going up, though I have not seen it over 1000 for some time. It is still much better than the 300 it dropped to not long ago. I have never had an issue getting into a match... apart from the bug that splits up groups when trying to enter quick play. Not even at the lowest players online count that I have seen.

Yeah , I only have to wait 8 seconds! Then also because of Dedicated Servers my Ping is Always around 30 MS , holy crap! 

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah I've noticed this too. a ton of low level players in lobbies. All have been pretty fun for the most part. Most don't know what they are doing and usually just hiding around, but better then quitting or trolling. I been giving out as many tips as I can. Some good matches and some bad ones. The usual.

I help out any new players that are willing to listen.... as long as they don't act like assholes.
   I was house sitting for a friend last weekend and couldn't remember my steam password... so I was playing Saturday on his account. He is only level 23ish and rarely plays himself. Players that saw the level I was laughed and said they would rather hear how to play from a max level player. I also found that a lot of players were trying to pick on me as Jason (I was playing part 3)… the battle Chads and Jason hunters were raging at getting killed by a "low level" Jason.
   One of the Jason hunters could not stop saying "what the hell!"... I had to tell him I only look like a level 23 player... and perhaps he should not pick on noobs. That particular player got extremely upset. His group failed to kill me twice... Their group was all max level, and were not very nice... so I was not going to point out their tactical errors.

@The Wolf with that Toast It is extremely rare for me to have: "searching for lobby" last more than 1 minute.... I have a pretty good ping as well, but sometimes you will run into people with bad pings and certain things screw up due to lag... but shit happens.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I help out any new players that are willing to listen.... as long as they don't act like assholes.
   I was house sitting for a friend last weekend and couldn't remember my steam password... so I was playing Saturday on his account. He is only level 23ish and rarely plays himself. Players that saw the level I was laughed and said they would rather hear how to play from a max level player. I also found that a lot of players were trying to pick on me as Jason (I was playing part 3)… the battle Chads and Jason hunters were raging at getting killed by a "low level" Jason.
   One of the Jason hunters could not stop saying "what the hell!"... I had to tell him I only look like a level 23 player... and perhaps he should not pick on noobs. That particular player got extremely upset. His group failed to kill me twice... Their group was all max level, and were not very nice... so I was not going to point out their tactical errors.

Ahhhhhh , just reading it feels so fucking good man. You still remember that russian Vanessa Tryhard? She was probably so fucking pissed with her 3 months perfect streak. Muahahaha!

When my upvote brings the post to 666 points *muahaha*

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Ahhhhhh , just reading it feels so fucking good man. You still remember that russian Vanessa Tryhard? She was probably so fucking pissed with her 3 months perfect streak. Muahahaha!

When my upvote brings the post to 666 points *muahaha*

I don't know which Russian Vanessa you speak of... there have been so many.... and so much salt...
   Dr. Evil looks like he could be related to Jason... Maybe that's why I like Dr. Evil so much.

38 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I don't know which Russian Vanessa you speak of... there have been so many.... and so much salt...
   Dr. Evil looks like he could be related to Jason... Maybe that's why I like Dr. Evil so much.

The one from ''The pressure playing as Jason'' with Savini. I was Part VI and impaled her head….I found out About spray cancelling….yada yada.

15 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

The one from ''The pressure playing as Jason'' with Savini. I was Part VI and impaled her head….I found out About spray cancelling….yada yada.

Now I remember the story... that was a good one.

• Like 1