Sign in to follow this  
IronKnight55

Will Counselors Have Different heights?

Someone on Twitter asked this- "In the virtual cabin, and in comparison videos, the counselors are the same height. Will this be different in-game?"

This was the answer given- "Each counselor will have differences, yes."   What do you guys think?

I don't remember this topic being discussed before and my search came up empty handed, so I decided to make this thread. Feel free to lock or delete this thread if it has been discussed before though. :)

• Like 2

I think that is a good idea and would affect the counselor's stealth stat. Such as the Bookish Girl being a short, she can hide much easier than The Jock

• Like 1

Sounds like a bit of a misunderstanding...

Idk too vague.  A nice touch imo but not a requirement.

It could have been a misunderstanding. It would be really cool though! :D  

Different heights means different hit boxes. Even most AAA titles don't vary heights on models that much, its a LOT of work.

• Like 2

I think they stated somewhere about how that would throw animations off. So the models were roughly the same size. Idk for sure.

I personally don't mind if they're the same height, I know it's a lot of work for animation and mocap stuff if everyone is wildly different heights. Oh well, I won't mind too much either way

It isn't a requirement, but I think it would be cool if they had different heights! Also, don't mean to hijack your thread, but another nice touch the devs put in is how on the naked models, the counselors don't all have the same level of fitness.

Exemple, in this video at 1:59  :

The Preppy guy is pretty ripped, but the Head counselor looks definitely less in shape than him

• Like 2

Someone on Twitter asked this- "In the virtual cabin, and in comparison videos, the counselors are the same height. Will this be different in-game?"

This was the answer given- "Each counselor will have differences, yes."   What do you guys think?

I don't remember this topic being discussed before and my search came up empty handed, so I decided to make this thread. Feel free to lock or delete this thread if it has been discussed before though. :)

so it is a good question

i can give you an example, i have a old wrestling game, when you grab an enemy and go for a chokeslam, your hand guide to the throat, but in the initial grab it goes to the same length as compared to the one you are, before it ''fixes'' and the slam is delivered, but in the later games this is removed, a game in 2003 had better ''grab'' than the 2016 one.

but in this case, they would have to record the same attack 11 times + the new counselors in order to make every height work, they do not want him to grab a boob then magically he holds to the throat. it just throws you off the survival feel you get when playing. you wan't it to be smooth as possible.

and i dont think we will ''think'' a lot about the fact that we are all the same height in the game.

• Like 1

so it is a good question

i can give you an example, i have a old wrestling game, when you grab an enemy and go for a chokeslam, your hand guide to the throat, but in the initial grab it goes to the same length as compared to the one you are, before it ''fixes'' and the slam is delivered, but in the later games this is removed, a game in 2003 had better ''grab'' than the 2016 one.

but in this case, they would have to record the same attack 11 times + the new counselors in order to make every height work, they do not want him to grab a boob then magically he holds to the throat. it just throws you off the survival feel you get when playing. you wan't it to be smooth as possible.

and i dont think we will ''think'' a lot about the fact that we are all the same height in the game.

Oh, I know it would be a lot of work to make that happen. I seen that tweet on Twitter and it got me thinking about how cool that would be. Is it a must have? No. :)

It isn't a requirement, but I think it would be cool if they had different heights! Also, don't mean to hijack your thread, but another nice touch the devs put in is how on the naked models, the counselors don't all have the same level of fitness.

Exemple, in this video at 1:59  :

The Preppy guy is pretty ripped, but the Head counselor looks definitely less in shape than him

That's pretty cool! Thank you for posting this :) 

• Like 1

Oh, I know it would be a lot of work to make that happen. I seen that tweet on Twitter and it got me thinking about how cool that would be. Is it a must have? No. :)

of course not a must have but it WOULD be cool if bookish girl was 5''2 and Chad 6''3, when he do the normal slice bookish have a easier time ducking the attempt while chad have to dive to the side. making gameplay unique to all.

but the different fitness levels and so on is quite good right? i think you brought up a good idea and we never know? i doubt they add it because they had to do over much.

• Like 1

of course not a must have but it WOULD be cool if bookish girl was 5''2 and Chad 6''3, when he do the normal slice bookish have a easier time ducking the attempt while chad have to dive to the side. making gameplay unique to all.

but the different fitness levels and so on is quite good right? i think you brought up a good idea and we never know? i doubt they add it because they had to do over much.

That would be awesome! Yeah, I doubt it will be added.

That would be awesome! Yeah, I doubt it will be added.

if it means anything, there is 1 character POSSIBLY added in the future NOT confirmed in any way at all, but on the kickstarter they had Mark. it would make gameplay very interesting

Overall, I think it's too small a detail for that amount of work.

I mean, hoe often are you gonna be looking at how tall you are compared to your neighbor? Maybe if you're messing around.

Overall, I think it's too small a detail for that amount of work.

I mean, hoe often are you gonna be looking at how tall you are compared to your neighbor? Maybe if you're messing around.

good point, and if you try to take the time to mess around you're most likely already having jason behind you

Hey Aksana how do you think they would implement mark?

3.6 m - wheelchair survivor

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/613356213/friday-the-13th-the-game

well first off, he can't take a shortcut, ram a window without falling out of the chair so the get-up time is longer. as well as getting in the car, up the stairs, down the stairs and so on takes more time.  and if he does take the car the chair would most likely have to stay behind. meaning he would be unable to try-again if someone somehow fuck up the car or jason stops it.

also i think that It would be VERY hard to finish and win using mark, making it more fun to try doing so.

• Like 1

Hey Aksana how do you think they would implement mark?

Well let's not forget Mark was a stretch goal. He was at about the 3.6 million mark. The mechanics for a wheelchair bound person would change certainly which is why it was much higher up on the list since implementation would need many things considered. The point is that he was considered if the funds were available to implement him correctly. Which means that it's not an unrealistic thought.

if it means anything, there is 1 character POSSIBLY added in the future NOT confirmed in any way at all, but on the kickstarter they had Mark. it would make gameplay very interesting

That would definitely make the gameplay interesting. He would probably be my favorite counselor.

That would definitely make the gameplay interesting. He would probably be my favorite counselor.

i was only dying to see tina and terri, and they made the cut :)

This was my question I asked them on Twitter, actually! I'm glad so many of you took interest in my question. I really hope they somehow distinguish the counselors heights in-game. I know that things can change, but when concept art of the Bookish Girl was released it said that she had a smaller frame and was able to go undetected more often. I agree that the answer they gave me was kind of bland, but I'm going to go ahead an assume that it's a definite yes that they will have different heights. :)