• To unwind after a long day at school / work
    • To escape personal problems in life
    • To bond with family and friends
    • To make new friends
    • To relieve boredom
    • To be competitive
    • It's your hobby
    • All of the above

Every person on this forum was driven here by this particular game. What is your motivation for playing video games overall?

24 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Video games are the best form of entertainment aside from music.

Exactly.

Well , I voted for all but I give it a Little more in-Depth.

Yes , I certainly do it to chill out after a horrible day.

Yes , to Escape Life.

Well , my Family and I rarily Play together , except my brother and I.

To make new Friends......I wish it would finally happen.....lol. It´s hard to find some nice guys AND then make it to evolve into a friendship. I still hope for that Special day.

Yes , also definitely to relieve boredom.

Competetive? Nah , I just want to have fun , which I hardly get from anything other.

Well , of Course it is my Hobby! (You don´t know , how absurdly strong I hate someone who says , it isn´t a Hobby.)

As I said , I think Life is just....too boring , even if it isn´t cruel. Also Music (Metal) let´s me sink into another world , but not as effective (and most of the time more brutal). I Always wondered how People actually spend their time , if they don´t A: Play Videogames or B: Play Sports. People back then must have gotten easily excited. Probably played….with their car keys or some shit like that.

Very Cool Topic @Fair Play! Definitely gonna follow this.

22 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

If youre lucky, life will be cold, cruel and unforgiving. Its the only way to force change.

…….And if you´re unlucky?

Will it spit in your eyes and throw a glass of salt in there for good measure? Or will it fuck the shit out of your asshole?

2 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

…….And if you´re unlucky?

Will it spit in your eyes and throw a glass of salt in there for good measure? Or will it fuck the shit out of your asshole?

If youre unlucky youll have a sheltered life and wont learn the lessons that only pain and suffering can teach. Im biased because I didnt have a sheltered life and this is strictly my opinion.

Sometimes i play video games for fun,but other times,it's to relieve stress,as i come from an abusive home,and deal with abusive customers at my job.Plus,taking frustrations out on a video game character is better than me having a 3rd suicide attempt.It is what it is.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Video games are the best form of entertainment aside from music.

I love them both equally. Playing some good music while gaming is the best of both worlds.

4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Exactly.

Well , I voted for all but I give it a Little more in-Depth.

Yes , I certainly do it to chill out after a horrible day.

Yes , to Escape Life.

Well , my Family and I rarily Play together , except my brother and I.

To make new Friends......I wish it would finally happen.....lol. It´s hard to find some nice guys AND then make it to evolve into a friendship. I still hope for that Special day.

Yes , also definitely to relieve boredom.

Competetive? Nah , I just want to have fun , which I hardly get from anything other.

Well , of Course it is my Hobby! (You don´t know , how absurdly strong I hate someone who says , it isn´t a Hobby.)

As I said , I think Life is just....too boring , even if it isn´t cruel. Also Music (Metal) let´s me sink into another world , but not as effective (and most of the time more brutal). I Always wondered how People actually spend their time , if they don´t A: Play Videogames or B: Play Sports. People back then must have gotten easily excited. Probably played….with their car keys or some shit like that.

Very Cool Topic @Fair Play! Definitely gonna follow this.

I made this topic based on some recent conversations I've had in a couple of past threads. I also did this to see what motivated other gaming enthusiasts. You and I share a lot as far as why we both game.

48 minutes ago, JF13 said:

Sometimes i play video games for fun,but other times,it's to relieve stress,as i come from an abusive home,and deal with abusive customers at my job.Plus,taking frustrations out on a video game character is better than me having a 3rd suicide attempt.It is what it is.

I'm sorry to hear about the abusive situations you've had to deal with. We all need an outlet to vent, and if gaming helps you with, then it's all worthwhile.

• Like 2

Entertainment, a good objective feedback loop, sometimes thematically interesting stories, on rare occasion to try to be sociable for a change, something to test my brain with a puzzle...those reasons pretty much, I think.

Been playing for 32 years now. I can't imagine stopping. There still so much I want to play and to see developed yet.

8 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

Entertainment, a good objective feedback loop, sometimes thematically interesting stories, on rare occasion to try to be sociable for a change, something to test my brain with a puzzle...those reasons pretty much, I think.

Been playing for 32 years now. I can't imagine stopping. There still so much I want to play and to see developed yet.

You and me both.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:51 AM, Fair Play said:

I love them both equally. Playing some good music while gaming is the best of both Worlds.

Yeah! I do that and when I sometimes hear it again after beating the game , it feels like I am playing the game again!

But it´s bad if you only feel the game and not the Music somehow….

49 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah! I do that and when I sometimes hear it again after beating the game , it feels like I am playing the game again!

But it´s bad if you only feel the game and not the Music somehow….

You gotta pair music and games that compliment one another. That's the key.

7 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You gotta pair music and games that compliment one another. That's the key.

Yeah  but it can be really hard sometimes….I listen to metal. I am gonna list some Combos :

Darksiders (1) = Balls to the walls , Accept. Perfect couple.

Skyrim = Face the Raven (just the song) , Power Quest. This is the one I talked About which feels more like game then Music but now it got remastered and it doesn´t feel that strong anymore. I also heard it with Deathstars , which was cool but Nothing more.

Borderlands (1) = Sehnsucht , Rammstein and Killer Elite , Dragonforce. Not too Special but it gives me some great Flashbacks to one of my favorite games.

Borderlands 2 = Immortalized , Disturbed. Pretty meh but it gives me cool Flashbacks. I should have probably thrown some Sabaton in there.

I never found something that fit Fallout 3 though.

Future ones = Black & White (1) Holy Diver , Dio and the Killswitch engage cover and Emigrate , Emigrate.

Black & White 2 = Sacrament of sin (not released yet) , Powerwolf and Silent so Long , Emigrate.

7 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Yeah  but it can be really hard sometimes….I listen to metal. I am gonna list some Combos :

Darksiders (1) = Balls to the walls , Accept. Perfect couple.

Skyrim = Face the Raven (just the song) , Power Quest. This is the one I talked About which feels more like game then Music but now it got remastered and it doesn´t feel that strong anymore. I also heard it with Deathstars , which was cool but Nothing more.

Borderlands (1) = Sehnsucht , Rammstein and Killer Elite , Dragonforce. Not too Special but it gives me some great Flashbacks to one of my favorite games.

Borderlands 2 = Immortalized , Disturbed. Pretty meh but it gives me cool Flashbacks. I should have probably thrown some Sabaton in there.

I never found something that fit Fallout 3 though.

Future ones = Black & White (1) Holy Diver , Dio and the Killswitch engage cover and Emigrate , Emigrate.

Black & White 2 = Sacrament of sin (not released yet) , Powerwolf and Silent so Long , Emigrate. 

Those sound like some nice combinations. I'll give them all a shot with some of my games and see how it turns out.

I play to kill boredom, as well just entertainment. Don't game as much as I used to, have way too many hobbies and stay busy most of the time. I play very little online multiplayer, not because I am anti-social, but because I love blasting some good tunes and playing games and I refuse to be that guy when on the mic with folks. I used to game a lot more than I do now, and have always loved playing to music. I loved pairing Slayer with Resident Evils 1-3 as a kid, and Pantera was my go to for Goldeneye (Single player, as well as multiplayer with my brother and friends) and Metal Gear Solid. Tool with Silent Hill. Of course there was various combinations for all the games and bands I listen to, but those memories stick out the most.

I play to entertain myself and to kill time, i don't play them as much as i used to. Nowadays i prefer killing time in the outdoors.

I mostly do activitys such as hiking, bike riding, siting in the sun, swimming, go for a drink, chatting with mates.

Can't do much hiking and bike riding as of right now, sustained a herniated disc while on site about a month and a half ago, just had surgery to replace the disc about 2 weeks ago.

Recover time is anywhere between 6-12 weeks, so. No bike riding or hiking for this guy.

Video games are entertaining it's a good way to escape the reality and relax. For example I love playing Clash of Clans. It's competitive. Well I have to use proxy to get access to the game but it will not ruin me the gaming process. I met a lot of friends there. 

• Like 1

As we have a lot of fresh faces here on the forum, I thought I'd dig this topic back up to the surface.

• Like 1

Because they’re fun, 😝.

Edit - I voted all of the above but don’t use it as an escape from personal problems, just a break from them, lol.

5 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Because they’re fun, 😝.

Edit - I voted all of the above but don’t use it as an escape from personal problems, just a break from them, lol.

We can't get away from our problems, but it is sure good to take a break from them for a while.

At the moment, video games for me are a way to survive. And if a few years ago I was looking for time to play a game, now I have enough time. I am on treatment after severe spinal surgery and the game makes it possible to get a little forgotten and to lighten the mood.

8 hours ago, Markuss said:

At the moment, video games for me are a way to survive. And if a few years ago I was looking for time to play a game, now I have enough time. I am on treatment after severe spinal surgery and the game makes it possible to get a little forgotten and to lighten the mood.

Welcome to the forums!

Couldn’t imagine what that would be like man....glad you found video games as a type of outlet for what you are dealing with.

Hope you have a good recovery.

Great way to reduce my stress and and have fun. Just like living in another world guys 😋

• Like 2