Most annoying thing about QP?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. What, if anything, annoys you the most in QP?

• Children age 6-10 screaming over each other about stuff
    • That one person who insists on having terrible music playing like they are the worst DJ ever
    • Host Quitters
    • Jason Quitters
    • Rooms where nobody communicates
    • Horrible Ping
    • Teamers (Jason Helpers)
    • The kids who try to "make a deal" with Jason
    • People who hide the entire match
    • Trolls (Perpetual Dancers & Teabaggers)
    • I don't know what you mean. I never see any of this in QP. It's the best part of the game!!

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I was in that same frame of mind, homie. I'm also a "Day 1" player and couldn't play at all to begin with (had no friends on Xbox and QP didn't work). Around October I started playing and QP lobbies had me so pissed I rarely ever played. I was in the Level 40-45 area in January on this year.

Luckily, people here like @Thatguyinktown, @Risinggrave & @TheHansonGoons started inviting me to play in Private Matches and I found lots of great players who I enjoy playing with (and who are just fun to talk to like @Zaneygrrl, @Riot_Dame and some others). Those are the people who got me enjoying this game and now I'm at Level 126.

Find those kinds of people on whatever system you okay on and those levels will rocket upwards in no time.

Yeah I joined a good group, most just don't play anymore when I do. But I also used to travel a lot with the job I had, then life decided to kick me in the nuts and fuck things up, so now I have more time at the house, but am scrambling to try and get back on my feet before the family ends up homeless. So the only time I spend playing online is very little in the evening after handling all the responsibilities during the day.

Teamers, HATE THEM! Quitters suck too! Especially when the match is nearly over, you get away from Jason and head for the cops when you realize "Jason was the host" Game over... Teamers hold a special place in the pits of hell as far as I'm concerned. I play private mostly now, if I do play QP I have at least 1-2 others in with. But, back at launch I was solo for like 4 months. Still had friendly fire in QP, had no problem with it but if you would kill a troll they would multiply. Teamers would get me pretty often, one on one I hardly ever lost against another counselor. But within a match or two they would get their buddies in as well, I would be up against two talentless twerps and their masked retard lackey. They would open doors, try to attack from multiple angles at once. I'm ok at combat, but there wasn't much you could do against it back then.

Oh, also the people who don't know how to turn off/down their mics so all you hear coming through is their god awful background noise. Like, dude, I'm not gonna sit here and play while you've got Big Bang Theory blaring on your TV in your room.

21 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I really cant say anything about online except its a great concept.

Really? You don't play online at all?

I mean, this is really about QP only but Private Matches are still online play and you make it sound like you know absolutely nothing about playing online.

The fact that Quick Play is not "Quick" nor is it "Play".

On PS4, half of the time, I have to be the host.  It sucks because when I do, my mic NEVER works.  But that aside, it can take 10-15 minutes to get to a 5 or 6 player lobby.  Then people come and go, so the timer keeps resetting.

You start the game, and half the time, nobody has a mic except a squeaker talking about either how much sex he has, or how much of a "n-bomb f-ggot" I am for using Lachappa or slashing as Jason.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The fact that Quick Play is not "Quick" nor is it "Play".

On PS4, half of the time, I have to be the host.  It sucks because when I do, my mic NEVER works.  But that aside, it can take 10-15 minutes to get to a 5 or 6 player lobby.  Then people come and go, so the timer keeps resetting.

You start the game, and half the time, nobody has a mic except a squeaker talking about either how much sex he has, or how much of a "n-bomb f-ggot" I am for using Lachappa or slashing as Jason.  

Forgot to add the "Quick Play is neither quick or play" option. My bad, homie. ?

I've been lucky and not been plagued with a lot of racists or gay bashers so I'm sorry to hear PS4's lobbies are like that.

And you are right, it's always the squeakers bragging about their sex life or using profanity but not quite in the right way. Nothing beats hearing some 9 year old saying "Yeah, I make the fuck with all the girls at my middle school."

Hahahahahaaaaaa

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Really? You don't play online at all?

I mean, this is really about QP only but Private Matches are still online play and you make it sound like you know absolutely nothing about playing online.

I have played online but there are too many issues that ruin the experience for me, basically everything on your list and then some. Ive played online games since Counter Strike and can say the online here is poorly executed. I want to like it but my standards have not been met.

2 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I have played online but there are too many issues that ruin the experience for me, basically everything on your list and then some. Ive played online games since Counter Strike and can say the online here is poorly executed. I want to like it but my standards have not been met.

I'm just amazed you haven't driven yourself completely insane with bots only.

Just now, The Doctor said:

I'm just amazed you haven't driven yourself completely insane with bots only.

LOL. I only play a few matches a day usually before I go to sleep. I'd rather play a game that doesnt make me want to chain myself to a boulder and dump myself in Crystal Lake.

• Like 1

I really hate Jason Teamers. They make it so obvious. The game becomes unfun when you're trying so hard but there are people deliberately sabotaging you.

I'd have to say host quitters.  By far the most annoying and major problem with online play IMO.  I don't use a mic and usually have the volume turned way down so I don't wake the household so kids, trash talkers, loud music, are never a problem for me.

My biggest pet peeve is looted cabins but yet no one calls for Tommy.  Extra annoyed when I’m Jenny or Fox and have to find the radio and find the place looted.

3 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Playing QP always seems to be.......an experience. Sometimes it leads to finding some really good players, but more often it's just a completely terrible go of things. So I ask, what annoys you the most in QP?  

If you don't find your reason listed, feel free to state it in the thread.

for me its host quitters on console for obvious reasons 

and on pc its jason teamers. i encountered all on your list and imo jason teamers bugged me the most of em all. all the mic related stuff is blocked out with muting. trolls generally dont bother me no matter how much they insult or teabag me since its just a game ( and some of em are pretty funny to the extent that i made friends with em) people who hide the entire match sure are a bit annoying, but i generally just browse instagram or youtube while i wait for rounds to end or if its really bothersome you can just leave and keep the xp you earned in the match.

but one thing you simply cant consistently avoid is when jason  teamers place beartraps on windows in locked cabins, lock the door and close windows or use them infront of you so you cant get out when jasons in a cabin or generally run you over / give your position or hiding spot away. that just bugs me so much. im glad that i dont meet them too often. theres no way to evade these guys other than just leaving and losing all your xp

For me, I hate the Jason teamers the most! I seem to run into them a lot on QP. Makes me wanna play bots. Next would the be the host quitters, they ruin everyone's game. Then the little kiddies that have no business playing this game. Its rated mature for a reason. They all have terrible parents! Finally, the DJ's are annoying because they play the most god aweful music!

All I do is play QP and almost all those choices are awful and I could live with.  But the ones that make me angry almost instantly are kids screaming.  VERY close second to the DJ's and "make a deal"-ers altho i've never encountered the latter.  Also if im one of two people left and the other person is hiding the whole match, ill purposely bring Jason to the persons spot, or if im dead and theres 10 mins left and the kid is hiding, ill just message Jason where they are.  That has only happened less than a handful of times.

16 minutes ago, guitar.zombie said:

All I do is play QP and almost all those choices are awful and I could live with.  But the ones that make me angry almost instantly are kids screaming.  VERY close second to the DJ's and "make a deal"-ers altho i've never encountered the latter.  Also if im one of two people left and the other person is hiding the whole match, ill purposely bring Jason to the persons spot, or if im dead and theres 10 mins left and the kid is hiding, ill just message Jason where they are.  That has only happened less than a handful of times.

So you'll help Jason find other players?

You have your reasons and you can justify what you are doing, but fact is.......you help Jason to benefit yourself in some manner. That's teaming. Smh.

• Thanks 1

Shitty ping without a doubt. All of the other options don't really bother me anymore since I am used to it by now. Lagging the whole game is what I hate the most in this game especially as Jason. 

When a host has shitty internet, I send them a message telling them to not host a lobby if their internet runs on a potato. 

This issue and the host quitting will no longer be a problem when dedicated servers come out. Hopefully that day is not far away.

Host quitting by far number 1.

While I like to kill squeakers first as Jason there are some who remain calm. Male squeakers seem to be more anniying on average.

This is a game of communication and that really feels like second runner for me.

Teamers 3rd. While I'm okay for life bargaining this really shows how shitty of a Jason you are.

1 hour ago, BigJay said:

Shitty ping without a doubt. All of the other options don't really bother me anymore since I am used to it by now. Lagging the whole game is what I hate the most in this game especially as Jason. 

When a host has shitty internet, I send them a message telling them to not host a lobby if their internet runs on a potato. 

This issue and the host quitting will no longer be a problem when dedicated servers come out. Hopefully that day is not far away.

I should have said that THIS is my number one problem.  The lag is horrible.  Like you said, especially when playing Jason.  I'm sure I don't have the fastest internet speed in the world but I have zero problems with lag playing Dark Souls and Monster Hunter World.  But this game?  It's terrible.

Voted for terrible ping, cuz if I'm in the red, I'm as good as dead. Everything else is tolerable to a degree, but host quitting is a definite second. Just suicide if you don't wanna get Jason's greedy hands on ya

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Dummy Jarvis...... <_<

It's worse when it's between you and the dummy and the dummy gets picked. You're seeing what's going on ready to step in and help. Instead you get to see Dummy Jarvis wander around aimlessly, refuse to give up their shotgun for a machete/axe if the kill is ready, hide, leave solo with the car, or just stand there while the player is away from the game. 

I'd have picked multiple answers, but host quitting has without a shadow of a doubt been the bane of this game. Not even since day one imo, but it started somewhere down the line and got worse and worse. A "choose to host" option would be splendid...but no guarantee with all the weird and inexplicable connection issues. 

Jason quitters are real momentum killers. Especially when they leave within the first two minutes of a game after often very long waits in the lobby. Teamers are also bad, but I guess some people are just doing their own version of Paranoia. That's how I try to cope with shit like this. Most of the time both players, Jason & the teamers, are shit, how ever. 

I know I'm not winning any popular vote with this, but I don't mind neither party chat (aka "Mute Lobby", at least most of the time) nor dancing & tea bagging (aka "trolling" ). I'd be a liar claiming to never have done any of those. I could try  to explain myself regarding both topics, but opinions around here are so strong that there is no real use imo. I can even understand how annoying it may be being on the outside looking in, so to speak. I find glitch exploiting or locking away parts to be far worse as a way of trolling though, and I think it's unjustified to throw both into one pot. 

Little kids I really don't mind. Not even if they try to figure out a deal with Jason. I only mind if Jason jumps at the Chance. ADD kids are annoying, but quite often and with a few semi-decent plays you can easily set them off and turn everything into an entertaining experience. If they squeak too loud&much, I'll mute them.

The same goes for shit DJs or people who sound like they are eating their mic. Btw, as a Jason I remember killing a counselor multiple times who played a soundfile that was a barking dog when I grabbed him. That was kind of funny, especially with the dog sounding annoyed everytime. 

Tommy hiding is the only time a hider really phases me. I find AFKers to be worse. Standing around in plain sight, looking sideways and up, telling Jason we are down one player already... 

I love that there are three people who see nothing wrong with QP. PC-players with dedicated servers? Developers? Host-quitting, dance-partying, shitty-hiphop-playing six-year-old Jason teamers? I'm curious ?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Thor_Bjarnason said:

Host-quitting, dance-partying, shitty-hiphop-playing six-year-old Jason teamers?  

I'm hoping those 3 who see nothing wrong with QP are exactly this. Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa