3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I think everyone here knows that Packanack is way easier for counselors than it is for Jason. Otherwise, counselor-preference players wouldn't keep choosing it every single time.

Agreed. But some Jason-preference players such as myself enjoy the challenge that the map gives you.

What´s wrong with Variety These days…...

And @tyrant666 , while I am not that big of a fan of Pinehurst , Jarvis House is one of my favorites Maps to Play on. I like the atmosphere , you can Play chilled and slowly as either one and the movie was also awesome.

4 minutes ago, Hugh D Paul said:

Agreed. But some Jason-preference players such as myself enjoy the challenge that the map gives you.

Fair enough. I love a challenge too, but playing the same map makes the game feel stagnant for me. I'm also one of the few people who hates binge watching a TV show. I need the world to feel more open.

6 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Yup, same. To be honest, when I haven't played for a while I choose this map for a warm up round against bots. Kinda funny because it's engrained so much I select it before I realize what I've done. It really is the easiest map for both sides. My personal favorite map is Crystal Lake, big or small.

We share the warmup routine in common. It's nice to loosen up on something like Packanack small to get in the mood to scoop up some counselors on the other maps.

• Like 1

I like it, together with other small maps. In my case it's not because counselors win easier but because people play the game more when items are closer to cars and phone. On Packanack Small (but also Higgins) it's more fun for me both if I'm Jason and counselor. 

On the contrary I hate Pinehurst and Tommy Jarvis that are better for immersion but worse gameplay wise.

I think, as some already said that Crystal small is the most counselor favoured map, items are too close to objectives. Very often when I'm Jason people repair stuff while I didn't finish to trap yet. That's maybe too much.

The problem with small maps is that this game was balanced with 7 counselors and the sizes of the 3 original map in mind.  Even with that, arguably it's still in counselor's favor and the small map further exploits all of Jason weaknesses, especially dealing with multi-objectives at once and how easy counselors can find each other to mob Jason.  The larger map naturally separates counselors at spawn which has Jason dealing with 2-3 counselors at a time rather than 4-5.

Pinehurst is a ok map, but I understand why people hate it.  Generally, it's too spread out and is a chore to traverse if you aren't Vanessa or Bugzy, and the map was designed with boat escapes in mind while making car escapes extremely difficult.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

The problem with small maps is that this game was balanced with 7 counselors and the sizes of the 3 original map in mind.  Even with that, arguably it's still in counselor's favor and the small map further exploits all of Jason weaknesses, especially dealing with multi-objectives at once and how easy counselors can find each other to mob Jason.  The larger map naturally separates counselors at spawn which has Jason dealing with 2-3 counselors at a time rather than 4-5.

Pinehurst is a ok map, but I understand why people hate it.  Generally, it's too spread out and is a chore to traverse if you aren't Vanessa or Bugzy, and the map was designed with boat escapes in mind while making car escapes extremely difficult.

I understand bigger maps pros and I'm sure that especially on Private Matches they can be very good maps. 

Pinehurst and Jarvis House though, I still don't get them and not for the reasons you mentioned. It's not about just me being lachappa and having to cross the map, it's about me as player of the game: everytime I'm on Pinehurst I don't play the game, simple as that, even if I'm Bugzy. It's just a wait until Jason do 8/8 or someone survive by time.
 It's boring as Jason as well, there is no challenge. Of course if you find 7 150s with mics it can be funny as well but it never happens. 

51 minutes ago, Hancove said:

I understand bigger maps pros and I'm sure that especially on Private Matches they can be very good maps. 

Pinehurst and Jarvis House though, I still don't get them and not for the reasons you mentioned. It's not about just me being lachappa and having to cross the map, it's about me as player of the game: everytime I'm on Pinehurst I don't play the game, simple as that, even if I'm Bugzy. It's just a wait until Jason do 8/8 or someone survive by time.
 It's boring as Jason as well, there is no challenge. Of course if you find 7 150s with mics it can be funny as well but it never happens. 

It isn't too bad.... if you're planning to kill Jason, lol.  I just hope one of the spots is marked with a campfire (it isn't always) otherwise I could be traversing one end of the map to the other with Jenny or Fox... <_<

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hugh D Paul said:

It's easier because all the objectives and requisite pieces/parts tend to be clustered together better.  On Pinehurst or Jarvis house, you could end up having to hire a sherpa and a week's provisions to get the gas to the boat or the car.

• Haha 1

I like Packanack small as it is fun either way. Like some people have mentioned above, people play the game properly on these small maps because they find parts easier and given they are close to the objective, they actually try to put them in. As Jason it is an intense experience as counselor escapes are more likely making every second count in these matches.

Would i want to play Packanack small all the time? No. Do i like playing it when it does pop up? Hell yeah

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

The problem with small maps is that this game was balanced with 7 counselors and the sizes of the 3 original map in mind.  Even with that, arguably it's still in counselor's favor and the small map further exploits all of Jason weaknesses, especially dealing with multi-objectives at once and how easy counselors can find each other to mob Jason.

This ^^

48 minutes ago, nazzac said:

I like Packanack small as it is fun either way. Like some people have mentioned above, people play the game properly on these small maps because they find parts easier and given they are close to the objective, they actually try to put them in. As Jason it is an intense experience as  counselor escapes are more likely  it's easier for counselors to gang up and take advantage of your slow and clunky mechanics making every second count in these matches.

?

I like the little bridge to the northwest of the lodge, which isn't in the normal Packanack map. So that's pretty cool. That's about the only positive thing I can say about this map. It's not balanced at all and the game's mechanics favor counselors enough as it is.