I mean, sure, Friday the 13th happens a little more often than Halloween does, but with a new Michael Myers movie looming at the end of a dark hallway, and the success of the Haddonfield DLC on Dead by Daylight, now is the perfect time to capitalize on his inevitable resurgence in popularity and seek the license for a Halloween game. The gameplay mechanics wouldn't even have to change, you could literally make the EXACT same game, just new Haddonfield maps, playable babysitter characters, and Dr. Loomis as the hero character.

I'd back it...you know who else would? John fucking Carpenter. He's a huge gamer.

3 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I mean, sure, Friday the 13th happens a little more often than Halloween does, but with a new Michael Myers movie looming at the end of a dark hallway, and the success of the Haddonfield DLC on Dead by Daylight, now is the perfect time to capitalize on his inevitable resurgence in popularity and seek the license for a Halloween game. The gameplay mechanics wouldn't even have to change, just the setting and characters. I'd back it...

Just not here. I don't want sims Halloween edition, or Michael to be made into a bumbling joke who gets bitch slapped around for 20 mins while people dance. Maybe another company, and there are other threads in other sections about this.

I couldn't find any under Suggestions/Feedback, and doesn't it deserve its own topic? Michael certainly deserves his own game...

Perhaps Gun/Illfonic can take the lessons they hopefully learned and apply it to another licensed slasher.

1 minute ago, Brevator said:

I couldn't find any under Suggestions/Feedback, and doesn't it deserve its own topic? Michael certainly deserves his own game...

Perhaps Gun/Illfonic can take the lessons they hopefully learned and apply it to another licensed slasher.

Not sure where but they have been in the past. And I would still want them to stay far away from it. Especially after the direction they took this game before the lawsuit put it in the limbo it is. I would want a studio that does the source material justice in all aspects, not just the art direction. And not make the game about dancing/emotes and costume changes.

Fair enough. I'm not that bothered by them, but I get the loss of atmosphere others have felt.

But hey, wouldn't Halloween costumes be perfectly suited for a Halloween game?

I think the primary difference here is that Gun were reluctant to get Cunningham's blessing on it with nothing out of pocket. Starbreeze has a lot more capital to throw around so that's how they're acquiring their licenses. 

I agree with Jameson though that a different studio(s) should take the reigns on that one anyway. That and these games don't just happen overnight.

And here's hoping that all of these licensed killers not start making cameos in other upcoming games or more features in DbD. I'd like some variety.

5 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Fair enough. I'm not that bothered by them, but I get the loss of atmosphere others have felt.

But hey, wouldn't Halloween costumes be perfectly suited for a Halloween game?

Eh, they fit it more than this one for sure. I love Friday, am a die hard fan. But Halloween is my all time favorite and I would not want it to be what this game became before it stopped in it's tracks. And would be even more angry if it turned out to be that.

Edit: Very salient points @The Doctor

Search Halloween Game and youll find other threads. I do agree nows the time for a Halloween game. It would need a full on story mode where you can choose Michael or the survivors or Dr Loomis. If you chose survivors you would be able to switch characters like GTA V.

I'd love for there to be a Halloween game. It's my favorite horror franchise. I wouldn't mind if Gun made it either. They clearly had alot of love for the Friday source material. Obviously they made mistakes along the way but would hopefully have learned from them if they did a Halloween game. I do disagree that it could be basicly the same game though. To capture the Halloween feel stalk or a stalk like ability would be the most important one to get right. This would be a game where emotes would be a bad idea though. With Friday I always felt the franchise was more campy and light, so the emotes made a certain sense to me. I know some people hate them but I think they're still in keeping with the spirit of the franchise. They wouldn't be for a Halloween game.

• Like 1

I think Stalk is perfect the way it is, I love waiting silently in the water for someone to fix the boat.

Maybe Michael can have hiding spots of his own, like closets for example? Perhaps he can even use the same hiding spots as the babysitters, and then when they open a closet door or duck under a bed, BOOM! it's The Boogeyman.

With the success of this game, it's opened the way for similar games, each with their own star slasher. Michael's time will come.

I would love a Halloween game to be made. The game would be relatively similar to F13 but with a different killer and instead of councelors, it can be babysitters. And maybe different gameplay mechanics. But one thing with Michael is that he has hardly any variety like Jason. Jason's appearance changed in every film and Micahel's appearance changes slightly which is mainly a different mask and his coveralls may change in color slightly. 

I would accept Gun Media as the publisher because I have been impressed with Wes's and Dan's communication as of late. But they can't work with Illfonic as the developer. Illfonic just keeps on adding more and more bugs to this game after each update. I would want Gun Media to work with a company that has more experience in the gaming industry. 

56 minutes ago, BigJay said:

I would love a Halloween game to be made. The game would be relatively similar to F13 but with a different killer and instead of councelors, it can be babysitters. And maybe different gameplay mechanics. But one thing with Michael is that he has hardly any variety like Jason. Jason's appearance changed in every film and Micahel's appearance changes slightly which is mainly a different mask and his coveralls may change in color slightly. 

I would accept Gun Media as the publisher because I have been impressed with Wes's and Dan's communication as of late. But they can't work with Illfonic as the developer. Illfonic just keeps on adding more and more bugs to this game after each update. I would want Gun Media to work with a company that has more experience in the gaming industry. 

I would just want a different dev and pub altogether. If that game was handled anything like this one, I would get way more pissed than I already have.

I don't want this to turn into a Gun/Illfonic bashing thread, there are plenty of those around here, lol

I'm not sure if I would want every movie version of Michael Myers the same way we got with Jason. Every film iteration of Jason looked scary and intimidating. The same cannot be said for every iteration of Michael...

Maybe some bloody variations or some that look more weathered and aged than others.

And of course there'd be babysitter characters, including hopefully Laurie Strode. I believe Jamie Lee Curtis would think this was a very cool idea, she could add her voice and her name recognition. John Carpenter could do the score. And again, he's basically a full-time gamer now that he's all but retired from making movies, so I'm sure he would be fully behind this idea.

Whether Gun does it or not, @jameson87, what would you like to see in a "John Carpenter's Halloween" video game? I'm sure you have some positive ideas...

20 minutes ago, Brevator said:

I don't want this to turn into a Gun/Illfonic bashing thread, there are plenty of those around here, lol

I'm not sure if I would want every movie version of Michael Myers the same way we got with Jason. Every film iteration of Jason looked scary and intimidating. The same cannot be said for every iteration of Michael...

Maybe some bloody variations or some that look more weathered and aged than others.

And of course there'd be babysitter characters, including hopefully Laurie Strode. I believe Jamie Lee Curtis would think this was a very cool idea, she could add her voice and her name recognition. You could probably get Nick Castle to motion capture Michael, he's still pretty spry for his age. John Carpenter could do the score. And again, he's basically a full-time gamer now that he's all but retired from making movies, so I'm sure he would be fully behind this idea.

Whether Gun does it or not, @jameson87, what would you like to see in a John Carpenter's Halloween video game? I'm sure you have some positive ideas...

Atmosphere is key, as well as stalk. I like the idea of him being able to hide in closets, behind bushes etc. The ability to switch weapons in the environment on the fly. Not locked behind a level. We all know his favorite weapon is the butcher knife, but he used a scalpel, bare hands, axe, corn thresher, electocution, etc. I think he should be able to use the environment or find various weapons troughout the map. Should also be 3rd person for Michael, not 1st person.

• Like 1

Yeah, the look and feel should remain the same as F13, but with more hiding spots and environmental kills. And yes, @jameson87 weapon swapping should be available from the start of the game, but you should be able to unlock more weapons with their own unique kills as you level up.

Level 1 weapons - Butcher knife, Axe, Meat cleaver,
Level 5 weapons - Ice pick, Corn thresher, Hedge trimmers
Level 10 weapons - Machete, Nail bat, Pitchfork

Also, I think Stalk should have a Strangle function if you sneak up behind a babysitter.

Here are the maps I would include -

Subdivision (Myers House, Strode residence, Doyle residence, etc.)
Haddonfield Town Square (Hardware store, General store, Beauty salon, Cemetary)
Smith's Grove Sanitarium
Haddonfield Cineplex
General Hospital
High School
Elementary School

26 minutes ago, Brevator said:

Yeah, the look and feel should remain the same as F13, but with more hiding spots and environmental kills. And yes, @jameson87 weapon swapping should be available from the start of the game, but you should be able to unlock more weapons with their own unique kills as you level up.

Level 1 weapons - Butcher knife, Axe, Meat cleaver,
Level 5 weapons - Ice pick, Corn thresher, Hedge trimmers
Level 10 weapons - Machete, Nail bat, Pitchfork

Also, I think Stalk should have a Strangle function if you sneak up behind a babysitter.

Here are the maps I would include -

Subdivision (Myers House, Strode residence, Doyle residence, etc.)
Haddonfield Town Square (Hardware store, General store, Beauty salon, Cemetary)
Smith's Grove Sanitarium
Haddonfield Cineplex
General Hospital
High School
Elementary School

Yeah I like those. Especially the stalk. I agree it should have the atmosphere and feel that this game did. They absolutely got that right, and the attention to detail in the maps are amazing. Halloween should definitely have that going for it as well.