tyrant666

I still remember the hype around launch...

Granted...

Back then, we still had plenty of people who were already on the negative bandwagon. Just not nearly as many as now.

1. The devs introduced the fuse concept after you know...actually listening to the playerbase who felt it was too easy to call the cops without it. Course, now it still is but for other reasons.

2. People had a blast with the beta. They even tried to bring it back online out from underneath Gun/Illfonic, but the warning signs of Jason being bullied by an army of shitty Vanessas was noticeable in the final days of beta. Yet we still hadn't yet seen Stalk, Knives and Traps in action. All things Jason didn't have in beta. People were so excited about those new features. In the early part of launch. These things held up. Traps were useful because 90 percent of the community wasn't loaded up on epic perks yet. Knives were useful for the same reason. Stalk was pretty useful early on, until people realized all you had to do was sit in a cabin and dance all night long and bam...stalk means nothing with the timer against Jason.

3. Then obviously...you had the horrible launch itself which frustrated quite many who didn't get to play due to all the problems right out of the gate. Yet still...exciting times.

4. Obviously Savini, but that was another fiasco, but still...

Still...the hype was there...the features were there...

Since then...we got the broken windows, nerfs, bugs, emotes, etc and features like the item location and the push mechanic.

Still...good times...early launch and beta will be my favorite memories, plus it was nice to get Part 4/Jarvis, Roy/Pinehurst but the game never lived up to those early months again I feel. No real new features or fluidity and of course now...nothing new and just 'hope' that the mess gets fixed.

tumblr_o00w8d9B8y1tq4of6o1_400.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Those are around the times where I'd say, "If only I gave $10,000 so I could have been in-game as a counselor!"

How times have changed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Launch build, was the best. 

I'd say the best build of the game was the one when Part 4 Jason was added. That was before the nerfs, and probably the most stable state the game was ever in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MichaelMemers said:

I'd say the best build of the game was the one when Part 4 Jason was added. That was before the nerfs, and probably the most stable state the game was ever in.

Gonna agree with the 'Memers on this!!

To be fair every game I have played that was based on a major IP had massive hype at the beginning.

A lot of games manage to live up to that hype, at least for the first year or two.

Some disappoint straight out of the box.

I have never seen one deliver innovative game mechanics with really amazing artwork and sound to create a fun experience, and instead of improving or maintaining the hype, they steadily do things to kill the game off and alienate the fanbase the way this game has done.

• Like 1

Being able to escape Jason's grip.

Ghosting my way through cabin walls and doors with combat stance.

Going on rooftops or flying over all of them.

Falling through maps, Flying into space or flares knocking Jason out of maps.

Items and objective parts falling through the ground and were never marked on maps.

Crazy car psychics, rubber band bug, sitting in the car seat position and riding around while sitting on a melee weapon.

Combat stance to quickly break cabin walls and doors. Easy to break windows, no window animations. Trap stacking or placing them very close together.

Exiting the map for a 2nd Jason shack and 2nd sweater. Rock glitches, water glitches, bridge glitches, cabin glitches and hidden rooms.

Quickplay dead on arrival for Xbox One. Private matches only.

The game was really fun at launch. Bugs and all.

Before all the nerfs, DLC clothing and emotes.

• Like 3

I remember that, it was good time. the beta got me hyped for the game, before i wasn't sure about.

then launch came and... well, it was a fun game when it worked right.

Also who remembers when it launched on xbox and we were told that had the day one patch for days and days,  but anyone who could see, saw the menu was different and the build version wasn't the same. I think that makes it a little easier to see why xbox players would be a bit more negative about it the whole time. trust was gone at the start

• Like 1

Yeah man, I remember those summer nights in June and July when the game was new, how much more fun it was. So many people were playing, and playing correctly I might add, you know, before the trolls ? back when everyone took the game seriously, and actually used mics to communicate and work together to fix things and escape, not troll Jason the whole game, and casually team up to kill him every game either. Back when no one even knew how to kill Jason...(sigh) good times, good memories. Now look where we are...what a shame.

• Like 1

Launch build was the best? Nope. Items going in the ground made the game so freaking frustrating. And shortly after that people started to go full nuts with teamkilling. No way i want that time back.

• Like 1