Sign in to follow this  
BrokenFattHardy

Any Children of the Corn fans here? (Bad News)

Just seen this in the local news. This place is about 30 minutes south of where I live.

House used in CotC 2 damaged by fire. Link to the article.

http://via.wghp.com/Tiq9m

(I also live near a few locations that were used in Hellraiser 3. I may go take some pics soon and post comparison pics of the movie and what they look like today.)

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

That'd be cool. The hospital? The dance club?

The club location in High Point, NC and wasn't really a club. The building has been renovated and belongs to a furniture company now (if I'm not mistaken).

I only live about 15 minutes from the field where Joey's flashback/dream sequences we shot. (The war scenes)

Downtown Greensboro, NC was used for the scenes where Joey is running from Pinhead and his new Cenobites. You can spot an old theater marquee and the JP Morgan building in the scene. A close eye will notice that the green newspaper box Joey runs by says "Greensboro News & Record" (Greensboro's local newspaper).

(Bonus fact: That same Greensboro street was where the Woolworths once stood and was the location of one of the first "sit-ins" during the Civil Rights Movement. That building is across the street from the old theater Joey runs by before being forced to turn and run from the Cenobites.)

• Like 1

Funny the original movie took place in Gatlin, Nebraska which is a fictional town but there are so many small towns in Nebraska they could have used a real named town. I live in Lincoln.

That's freaky, I only just watched the original last week ... first time I'd seen it since I was a kid.  Gotta say, apart from the opening scene it was really disappointing.  Couldn't believe how much of the film they gave over with Linda Hamilton and her boyfriend just driving around then walking around the deserted town, it seemed like over half the run time.