I've seen a rumor floating around a couple of websites that Gun plans to release the game in Japan.  Any truth to this?  Or just a bunch of Fake News?  If it's true I think it would be a very good thing for numerous reasons.

15 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I've seen a rumor floating around a couple of websites that Gun plans to release the game in Japan.  Any truth to this?  Or just a bunch of Fake News?  If it's true I think it would be a very good thing for numerous reasons.

If so, will they also release a statement acknowledging all the bugs, the cancellation of all future DLC (even the stuff advertised in Virtual Cabin) and the questionable possibility of dedicated servers?

6 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

It's fake news

That was my initial feeling.  But I guess there was a spark of hope in me that it would be true.  Because if true I think it would be pretty certain that we'd be getting some serious bug fixes and dedicated servers finally.

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Ummm, can't PS4 owners in Japan already play?

I believe so, it may be just digital though and not physical. Do they still lock disc games to regions on playstation?

5 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

I believe so, it may be just digital though and not physical. Do they still lock disc games to regions on playstation?

To be honest I don't know, I just thought it would be extremely popular over there and it wouldn't make much sense not to have it be available from steam for PC at the least.

Edit - wasn't planning on going to Japan, but if I did take a trip, I might just pack my game to play on a friends system and it would suck not to be able to login to my profile. 

1 minute ago, Slasher_Clone said:

To be honest I don't know, I just thought it would be extremely popular over there and it wouldn't make much sense not to have it be available from steam for PC at the least.

Oh you are absolutely right on that, andI am pretty sure they have it digitally at least. Not 100% on that though, have only ever played the US server and haven't run across any players that arw from that side of the world.

28 minutes ago, zmccain said:

That was my initial feeling.  But I guess there was a spark of hope in me that it would be true.  Because if true I think it would be pretty certain that we'd be getting some serious bug fixes and dedicated servers finally.

I mean for physical I would guess there isn't a Japanese release but for digital I believe they have access to it. But that I wouldn't really know.

Maybe someone els'e Google skills are better than mine.  The wikipedia page for the game mentions nothing about Japan in the "Release" section.  I can't find anything that says, for example, "The game was released in Japan on..."  But I did come across a suspicious eBay page while I was looking for answers:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-PS4-Friday-The-13th-The-Game-JAPAN-Sony-PlayStation-4-import-Japanese-game/142842783779?hash=item214217e823:g:4HkAAOSwty5bIKBC

Scroll down and look a the release date.  July 13 2018.  ???

Like others have said, I guess it's technically playable in Japan (the digital version) but what about language and subtitles?  Maybe a Japanese player will chime in.?

Edit to add:  GameFAQS has it listed in their upcoming Japanese game list.  Release date July 13 2018.  See here:  https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/upcoming/2-japan

8 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I found this in a retro game shop in Japan last month.

F13.jpeg

That's a pretty sweet poster! I might have to ask for that from Santa this year!

15 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I found this in a retro game shop in Japan last month.

F13.jpeg

I wonder what the translation is.

17 minutes ago, zmccain said:

I wonder what the translation is.

If I really were the asshole that some people think I am, I would've already had something photoshopped up to put in here. ?

7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

If I really were the asshole that some people think I am, I would've already had something photoshopped up to put in here. ?

I'm very tempted to do a bad thing.

I wouldn't have thought Friday the 13th was very popular in Japan, seems like those folks wouldn't be scared by a dude in hockey mask after having dealt with Godzilla for the last 60+ years.

Just now, AdmiralJT said:

I wouldn't have thought Friday the 13th was very popular in Japan, seems like those folks wouldn't be scared by a dude in hockey mask after having dealt with Godzilla for the last 60+ years.

Imagine if they had to deal with Godzilla in a hockey mask!! omg!! ?

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Imagine if they had to deal with Godzilla in a hockey mask!! omg!! ?

2 hours ago, AdmiralJT said:

1 minute ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Love Robot Chicken!!

Me too. Surprised in todays ever changing culture it is still on. Have sadly missed out on the past two seasons due to various reasons. Need to catch up.

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but it looks like the flyer was custom made by the shop selling the game.  The majority of the text is hype/description of the game, but the text at the very bottom says (roughly):  "[International Version] Pick it up at the courtesy counter on the 2nd floor"  so I believe they were just selling US import copies.

However, recently this popped up on Amazon Japan for an August 2nd release: Friday the 13th The Game (Japanese)

Aaaaand I just found this: The Friday the 13th The Game Official Japanese Website

Edited by MadMike
Added link to the official website, corrected release date

8 minutes ago, MadMike said:

Sorry if I'm late to the party, but it looks like the flyer was custom made by the shop selling the game.  The majority of the text is hype/description of the game, but the text at the very bottom says (roughly):  "[International Version] Pick it up at the courtesy counter on the 2nd floor"  so I believe they were just selling US import copies.

However, recently this popped up on Amazon Japan for an August 7th release: Friday the 13th The Game (Japanese)

You're most likely correct.  I suspect as much when I saw it on my trip.  Still pretty cool seeing it on a foreign country.

2 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There was a localized Japanese physical release (text & VO) on PS4 yesterday.

@ShiftySamurai

Cool, thanks for the confirmation!

So there you have it, the flyer was definitely advertising a US import of the game. 

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

There was a localized Japanese physical release (text & VO) on PS4 yesterday.

Thanks for the info.