DeadlyD

What is the one thing you wanted in the game that never came?

1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

Paranoia, I had this vision of a match where everyone was a counselor. Then as we looted someone would find a hockey mask in a drawer, now they were the killer. The mask would grant you 25% damage reduction (stacks with thick skin if equipped) and you would get the same powers as Jason, but still be able to be killed. Your Job was now to kill anyone who noticed you snag that mask, quietly! Then hunt down the rest, and hope no one notices and tells the others about you. That would have been great, but unfortunately Gun is done so that's  not on the back burner anymore. It got burnt, and tossed in the trash...

I have an idea of why Paranoia never came to fruition. 

From what we can gather it was based upon being stealthy and undetected while killing people.  Problem is plenty of people play this game in party chat.  Party Chat would completely ruin this game mode as people after dying would blab to their friends that they died and by whom.

Not to mention the whole walkie talkie thing as you could just say who killed you and broadcast it to everyone.

In theory it's a great idea, in practice it wouldn't work. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

From what we can gather it was based upon being stealthy and undetected while killing people.  Problem is plenty of people play this game in party chat.  Party Chat would completely ruin this game mode as people after dying would blab to their friends that they died and by whom.

Not to mention the whole walkie talkie thing as you could just say who killed you and broadcast it to everyone.

I also have a theory as to why we didn't see it. Here goes.......

"Paranoia was never gonna be an actual "counselors vs killer" game (in the same way we play the multiplayer online experience). Paranoia was gonna be a spin on the old board game Clue. It would've involved a large map layout (with more detail) and "cards" with static images of each counselor on them. The "killer" would be autogenerated at the start of the match. Thru a series of "rolls" or "RNG" the killer would advance thru the map, from cabin to cabin, stalking and killing his fellow counselors. One the other hand, the 7 counselors would "roll" or "RNG" to move around the map and discover clues that would eventually add up 1 of 3 things.........discovering the killers identity, discovering the bodies of their dispatched friends and ultimately calling law enforcement to survive. Counselors wouldn't be able to kill the killer in this version, only survive."

Everybody knows Clue was "kinda fun" and that's pretty much exactly how Gun described Paranoia. They said (paraphrasing)...."It's fun but it's not fun enough so we need to keep working on it" and that sounds exactly like Clue to me. ?

They never teased us with anything except that one dumbass clip that showed nothing at all about the game mode. It was just some warbly videos spliced together with some white circles (and one blue circle) set to some awful music.

Sounds to me like it was boring and they knew it was boring. I'm glad we didn't ever get it. All that time they spent coding Paranoia could've been spent coding actual fixes or actually testing their game or coding content that didn't cater to trolls. They spent so much time coding stuff that didn't matter or didn't see the light of day that they forgot to code the important stuff.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

I forgot to mention that no walkies could be found, and all party chat and PM through playstation/X-box would be disabled during that mode. You would have to agree to those terms before beginning the match. Granted if you know someone playing on a personal level, to call or text them you could get away with that. But if you knew someone on that level I would hope you would want them to enjoy the suspense, but that's not in some people's personality. So I suppose that people would go in looking to crash the party, like Jason helpers. (AKA assholes) I used to talk about it with my group, back when it was coming "soon". Still it could have been fun.

Ok so it's awesome that we are having this discussion!  As far as Pamela and the wheelchair counselor being added ( they will be, eventually we are going to get the news that they are continuing with production), Pamela would be awesome as a killer.  She would be super stealthy.  No alert music, she can hide in cabins, under beds, climb through windows, snip brake lines so the cars can't be used.  She can drive her jeep around and run over counselors, make them wreck, drive to the exits etc.  Man!  Oh the possibilities with that crazy biotch!

The wheelchair guy could definitely open windows, dive through, leaving his chair behind.  once on the other side reach through the window and pull it inside the cabin.  But yeah, he would definitely have to be faster than a running counselor and would utilize hills to get far ahead of jason.  he can definitely abandon his wheel chair and crawl around, up stairs etc.  OR, he could be a good duo partner where a partner could push him around and slam him into Jason's shins or the wheelchair guy could joust a spear into Jason's dick.  There's some great possibilities guys!  Keep you're spirits up! 

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Stabrats said:

Ok so it's awesome that we are having this discussion!  As far as Pamela and the wheelchair counselor being added ( they will be, eventually we are going to get the news that they are continuing with production), 

Unless you work for Gun Media, or you can show where Gun Media has retracted their "no new content" announcement, you probably shouldn't spread this kinda garbage. You're only getting people's hopes up and eventually it will lead to people bad mouthing Gun Media even more.

I can't even list just one.

Uber Jason and the Grendel map (and KM as the Tommy of Grendel)

SS Lazarus/Manhattan map

More original Jasons designed by the developers

Retro Jason as a separate jason, with the NES axe

Jason made more powerful overall, as he's currently laughable against high level counselors

Paranoia

Space and Lingerie DLC

A create a counselor feature where you choose stats based on a predetermined amount of points, like Fallout's S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

More single player content, and a skip button for SP challenges cutscenes

A response from the developers that's not snappy and offers actual insight besides "we know the game is broken, that's all we can say for now"

Local Multiplayer or a better way to play the game with friends. Maybe a private matchmaking mode where you get all the perks, colors, and Jasons from the beginning. 

2 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

DEADicated servers for Xbox One.

Uber Jason would have been nice too.

Maybe throw in a Kane Hodder skin for a laugh.

Hey, me likey the Kane Hodder skin, good call.

What I wanted most was a part 6 and 7 map, as well as Tina as an alternate to Tommy. Grendel and Lazerus would have been cool maps to change up the gameplay a bit. Ultimately i really like the openness and setting of the current maps and wanted to see more like them. Even a part 9 map would have been welcome. There are tons of other things I would have loved to see, but Forest Green map, Shepard residence map, and hero Tina are what I wanted the most. Oh, and all the killpacks. The 3 we got are great! Was really looking forward to the rest of them.

• Thanks 1

Lots and lots more cloths plus i wanted like a revenge round for example say the players kill Jason in a match Jason has a chance to come back in say round two this time though like in the movies when he comes back he comes back stronger so the second match would have Jason stronger with rage starting within 5 mins of the match sooner if hit to many times with his mask being harder then ever to take off yet if you killed him the second time considering how strong he was you had something to talk about and be proud of. I think this would have added so much fun to the game.

2 minutes ago, pilospc said:

Lots and lots more cloths plus 

You really wanted clothes more than anything else? It´s just clothing , man....in a game...…..

But that second Idea is interesting.

1 minute ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You really wanted clothes more than anything else? It´s just clothing , man....in a game...…..

Well i didn't say more then anything just wanted more variety also did you read the rest. Cloths added style and variety to the game so yeah.

44 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

But that second Idea is interesting.

nothing wrong with that

let a man like what he wants

59 minutes ago, pilospc said:

Well i didn't say more then anything just wanted more variety also did you read the rest. Cloths added style and variety to the game so yeah.

I did , Infact , I liked the second Idea is Pretty interesting. And well , the Topic is what is the one you wanted the most that never came , so yeah. And there are better ways to add Variety. Just seeing more of Tiffany´s booty and tits is not a good way to implement Variety. Sorry , if I Sound a bit offensive , I only slept 5 Hours....

17 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

nothing wrong with that

let a man like what he wants

Yeah , you´re Right.

• Like 1

More Single Player Challenges and a couple of more maps.  I really could not give a shit less about Uber Jason.  Otherwise this game for me is pretty complete.

9 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

I did , Infact , I liked the second Idea is Pretty interesting. And well , the Topic is what is the one you wanted the most that never came , so yeah. And there are better ways to add Variety. Just seeing more of Tiffany´s booty and tits is not a good way to implement Variety. Sorry , if I Sound a bit offensive , I only slept 5 Hours....

Yeah , you´re Right.

It's all good at the end of the day we are all fans and that's what matters most.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:54 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

Speedo Jason. Clown Jason. Santa Claus Jason. 

On 6/29/2018 at 12:26 AM, F134Ever86 said:

In no particular order

Multiple kill/partial kill conditions for Jason, Unique spawn locations for Jason, the ability to swap weapons mid-match as Jason, Uber Jason, Jason X, Dream Jason, new Savini Jason, GUN designed Jason, maps for part 6 7 8 9 10 plus a few original, Pamela, Demon, JJ, Tamara, Rennie, Tina, Rob, Sean, Nick, John Shepherd Tommy(with kung fu grip) Trish, Chili, Alice, Ali, Loco, Jr, Duke, Jessica, Ginny, Sheriff Garris, Megan, Hawes, Brodski, KM, Teddy, Jimbo, Vera, Mr McCullough, Julius (with boxing prowess), new weapons, new kills, new music, a hardcore cinematic mode, new vehicles, nudity, drug and alcohol use, party games, a full on story mode, Jason vs Space Marine/FBI mode, pistol for counselors and Paranoia.

^This, my feelings exactly :D

18 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

Speedo Jason. Clown Jason. Santa Claus Jason. 

on a more humourous note

I'd only accept a Clown Jason if, when he walked, his shoes made a squeeky/horn sound every step and when councilors get into a four seater and start it all the doors and wheels  fall off.....also a kill involving a trick flower that shoots water into someones face and two councilors getting knocked out with a big plank of wood every time Jason turns around.

That and a new councilor based on one of the Marx Brothers :D

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1