I got a year of combat data compiled  with every angle, PS4 Event and New Combat Training Videos , it's looking good lol thankx

• Sad 1

Everything counselor combat related already been out for a year.

Read here.

Some of it outdated but most of it still applies.

• Thanks 1

Agreed However My Techniques are Unique,  in fact I use a Ken-p.o. Attack Circle and Jason does the rest , Jason is the killer giving him a high % of being drawn off 1st, now that Jason can't use counselors for Context Shields, it widens our limbility, these are Not tricks, thier based on Martial Science giving this a 90% Success of Effective Strikes and techniques,  the more counselors the better % chance effect, I want everyone to be aware of these to give people a better chance facing Jason alone or in General, it'll boost confidence not to Allways Run from Jason,  fight back counselors, we earned it payoff....

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Huh, better late than never? Mostly everything has been covered, unless you're making videos for some friends who don't play the game. Whatever it is, have fun with it and feel free to post your videos. We always like to discuss strategy, and stats for combat here. Oh, Kenpo! I've been into that for 27 yrs now, my instructor for 40 plus years. Good stuff brother, looking forward to your findings.

Edited by Redrum138
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TRUxNOIR said:

Agreed However My Techniques are Unique,  in fact I use a Ken-p.o. Attack Circle and Jason does the rest , Jason is the killer giving him a high % of being drawn off 1st, now that Jason can't use counselors for Context Shields, it widens our limbility, these are Not tricks, thier based on Martial Science giving this a 90% Success of Effective Strikes and techniques,  the more counselors the better % chance effect, I want everyone to be aware of these to give people a better chance facing Jason alone or in General, it'll boost confidence not to Allways Run from Jason,  fight back counselors, we earned it payoff....

Sorry but this sounds like a huge load of BS. If you want to know anything about counselor or Jason combat, simply ask. Everything has already been figured out, there is no martial science to it simply what is possible in game. There is not even the ability to feint attacks anymore which was in fact possible early in the game, but it was patched out.

As in any combat, in any game, he who commits first = punished (unless it is safe on block). It is all about baiting in F13 and taking advantage of recovery frames. Jason combat relies on health and stamina pressure to remove counselor mobility advantage to bait an attack out of them (that you are prepared for) and promptly defend + counter. Counselor combat relies on maintaining mobility advantage and spacing, and baiting Jason into a whiff which you can punish and regain more stam, rinse and repeat. That’s all there is to it. Ideally always stick with a partner who is ready to grab save just in case.

On the Jason side you have tactics like block > grab (only recommended if you’re host due to current issues) or alternatively knife > grab as a defence + counter. Both during counselor swing start up. On counselor side you can attack + cancel recovery with dodge for safety on a non-stun hit or for demasking. Jason combos can be performed by throwing knives in between blocks or followed by a slash (since knife recovery can be cancelled) or even unpunishable slash with a 1 frame block at the end of the anim. Other than that there is ballerina Jason who can twirl to evade attacks and punish. Just off the top of my head. Anyone who is confused, feel free to pick my brain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Sorry but what I'm sharing are my techniques(fighting moves) and movements I've never witnessed and all I do is play gaining combat data so we can improve, I'm not a ( look what I can do attitude person ) if there's wealth I share it, so b4 u go Trying to diss the techs, try em 1st, they are not tricks or gimmicks different movement that's all, Thank you u rock

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TRUxNOIR said:

Sorry but what I'm sharing are my techniques(fighting moves) and movements I've never witnessed and all I do is play gaining combat data so we can improve, I'm not a ( look what I can do attitude person ) if there's wealth I share it, so b4 u go Trying to diss the techs, try em 1st, they are not tricks or gimmicks different movement that's all, Thank you u rock

Sure thing, please share them first though before you assume they have never been done before. Game is over a year old after all, most things in it have been cracked and many have been simply deleted due to patches.

• Thanks 1

Example... if I'm using a 1 handed weapon(wrench) if while in motion keep Jason between 12-5 OCLOCK in Al Traceys Atack circle, striking hand I closer to the target to land the (rabbit punch), these techniques work well and can be based on your own lumber

20180305_173941-1.jpg

IMG_20170905_184117.jpg

Oh I'm sure they have been done, I personally dont see them on PS4,  I'm just a Counselor who likes new ideas to share even if a small comfort it's out there, thankx

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

No multi posting please @TRUxNOIR. Read the rules if you're not sure what I mean.

3 hours ago, TRUxNOIR said:

Example... if I'm using a 1 handed weapon(wrench) if while in motion keep Jason between 12-5 OCLOCK in Al Traceys Atack circle, striking hand I closer to the target to land the (rabbit punch), these techniques work well and can be based on your own lumber

20180305_173941-1.jpg

IMG_20170905_184117.jpg

Oh I'm sure they have been done, I personally dont see them on PS4,  I'm just a Counselor who likes new ideas to share even if a small comfort it's out there, thankx

Ok, so you are facing your target. You're saying keep Jason between 12-5. Not everyone around here understands that concept. So go a bit farther and say as we learn in class that the clock is around the counselor, you are standing at it's center. Problem with 12-5 is, Once Jason moves past 3 you could lose your hit unless you turn with him. If I'm in melee with Jason I like to keep him between 12 and 2 (under the concept of standing at the center of the clock facing 12) Once he moves past 2 o'clock you lose the sweet spot for contact on your wrench, you would have to turn to face 1 if he moves to 3. Combat in this game is not precise, you have a pretty small window for actual contact.

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Ok, so you are facing your target. You're saying keep Jason between 12-5. Not everyone around here understands that concept. So go a bit farther and say as we learn in class that the clock is around the counselor, you are standing at it's center. Problem with 12-5 is, Once Jason moves past 3 you lose your hit unless you turn with him. If I'm in melee with Jason I like to keep him between 12 and 2 (under the concept of standing at the center of the clock facing 12) Once he moves past 2 o'clock you lose the sweet spot for contact on your wrench, you would have to turn to face 1 if he moves to 3. Combat in this game is not precise, you have a pretty small window for actual contact.

Yeah I think he means essentially that but I think he's trying to say you need to do run by attacks as well. Moving off the opponents center line and smacking them while moving forward and to the side.  It's not bad advice, just hard to understand. 

To the OP, I'm sure some of our resident combat people would be happy to talk to you about it. You might want to try shorter less complicated sentences though.

Welcome to the forums, and don't worry if your using a translation program a few members do, and most of us are good about it. 

• Like 1

@TRUxNOIR if you are going to give advice, please use correct or common terminology.  You are hard to follow exactly what you're trying to share, nor did you explain anything other than basic positioning in relation to Jason's when you make a strike.

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Everything has already been figured out, there is no martial science to it simply what is possible in game.

I sincerely doubt "martial science" comes into play when fighting a supernatural undead mute handicapped hillbilly with no depth perception.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I sincerely doubt "martial science" comes into play when fighting a supernatural undead mute handicapped hillbilly with no depth perception.

Yup, I've studied for many years and I would agree with that. IRL I would not bother to use my hands, or feet. I think Julian covered that in part 8, something about "best shot?" But the martial science he refers involves a manner of not wasting motion in a fight, I believe he's talking about translating that to gameplay. In that aspect, I agree that striking in that manner is optimal. With a machete, or something like a howitzer. Lol.

I think it's all been covered, as far as legit tactics. That bit he said is well known, everyone does that in turn and burn tactics. And straight up combat. Still useful info to someone who hasn't been reading into the vast amount of knowledge posted by so many here. It's great for what it is, and helpful to the uninitiated. I like how he thought it through, and applied the clock theory into combat. Solid ideas, just a bit late to the party. He does sound very interested in going further with it, so we'll see what else he has up his sleeve. I will say @TRUxNOIR read in the tagged portions about combat in the playbook, at the top of general discussion before you do. There is so much covered in there already. Unless you have something entirely different, than it's most likely been in there for quite some time.