Sign in to follow this  
Daneasaur

All challenges as Savini Jason!

So, as many of you know ,I did the Rank-A-Day challenge. After reaching 113, I no longer felt shackled and decided I could finally do the challenges in an enjoyable way. I therefore decided to do something for the folks who never got Savini Jason: I did ALL the challenges, 3 Skull Perfect, as Savini Jason.

Below I will list all 10 challenges and links to them for your enjoyment!

Challenge 1:

Simple enough, but we gotta start somewhere.

Challenge 2:

Not much to say here other than this method will net you the "Stand Tall" objective if you use Part 6.

Challenge 3:

There are so many ways to do this one, but I settled for the only way I could do a special kill on BOTH of them.

Challenge 4:

I had to redo this one twice due to one time Shift not stopping when I commanded it to, so this one takes longer than I normally do, but it's just because I wanted a flawless recording.

Challenge 5:

I had to do this twice as, somehow, Buggzy saw me one of the times I was prepping to finish him off, which is why I spend an extended time outside the Lodge.

Challenge 6:

Good god, this one is probably the hardest for me to get 3 skull on and had to redo this one several times. First time, I killed Eric and let Kenny run. I morphed to the water, but he didn't go to the water, instead he ran across the bridge. I've NEVER seen him do that. Then, I did it again and Killed Kenny by the wood pile, but blew the assault against AJ due to her uber turbo sense in this mission. Then, I went to kill Kenny by the wood again, but the throat slit wouldn't work and he broke out of my grip. Thus, at the start of this video, I give myself the Choke and I fully intend to go bananas, except everything goes flawlessly this time.

Challenge 7:

This one took me only one try. The main foe is the Clock as, if I didn't have to fight with it, I'd have Drowned Vanessa in a toilet for that objective (she goes into one every 8 seconds). Problem was, by the time I was ready to kill her, she was at a different bathroom and just leaving it, and due to this Jason having low grip strength, I didn't want to risk blowing a perfect run.

Challenge 8:

Pretty simple. Getting the gal upstairs before she is able to run due to the body is the hard part. I botched this one a couple times and again, switched to the choke because I tried to throw her out the window but it didn't work due to placement and she slipped my grip super fast. Thus, she gets the choke and the mission goes off without a hitch.

Challenge 9:

The hardest part to this one is catching Deb before she gets too far from the area with the pike and NOT letting her see you. If you take her out without being seen, the rest of the mission is pretty easy. AJ will NEVER see you, so take her out last. Buggzy is snoring so he won't hear you either. Vanessa is the only tricky one bu if you tag her in the bathroom, you're golden.

Challenge 10:

For this one, I switched off the Pig Splitter and went with Machete just for the viewer's delight, despite using it only for one kill. This is what I would say a perfect run consists of, except I TOTALLY Spaced Deb upstairs! Normally you kill her FIRST, take out Adam via the window (anywhere else and Tiffany will "see" his body through the door). I usually leave vanessa for last since she never moves if you never spook her.

Well there you have it! 3 Skulls, all done as Savini Jason. I hope you enjoyed my little project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Good job!

Thankya! I did do my fair bit of swearing at challenge 6. It's a pain doing all of that, then AJ sees you a mile away and blows the "undetected" skull, forcing you to start over, but I figured folks would want to see these special kills with this special Jason.

Nice, I just finished them on my PC copy today, too. My laptop is not a gaming laptop in the slightest, so i have to run it on low settings, window mode and 50% detail scaling. Also, because my pc can't handle it, I couldn't use shift at all during them either (challenge 9 getting Deborah was a real bitch). I'll have to do challenge 6,7,8,and 10 again when I have parts 8 and 4 unlocked (I'm only level 10on that version).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pro5pt0 said:

GJ, amd here if a purple achievement trophy for you!

Thankya kindly!

If folks would like to make requests, I'd be up for that.

Such as the Gas Can kill in mission 3, I intend to make a vid showing specific kills, so long as people request them.

Making compilation kill videos is somewhat difficult as I am on PS4 with my recordings and I don't think it has an option to "mash up" clips together.

If it DID, I'd GLADLY make a montage video of Savini Jason doing all weapon kills including DLC ones for those who do not have him and/or didn't bother to get the DLC.

Good stuff. That's my biggest missed opportunity from this game, not getting Savini Jason. I backed the game on Kickstarter in 2015 and neglected to pay the extra money. Kudos to you for being a Good Samaritan for the less fortunate and creating these videos!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, NightofthePodcast said:

Good stuff. That's my biggest missed opportunity from this game, not getting Savini Jason. I backed the game on Kickstarter in 2015 and neglected to pay the extra money. Kudos to you for being a Good Samaritan for the less fortunate and creating these videos!

I know full well what it's like to miss the bus on events like that, so I've wanted to give something nice to the folks who are in this with me.

So again, folks, by all means, request kills done by Savini Jason.