yeeteronthatpeeter

Bans for standing on unreachable rocks

I would think that anywhere a councilor could go, Jason could follow. Plus, Jason can throw knives. Only way I could support banning a player for something like this is if they are "out of bounds" or "out of play area".

Probably not.

Several months ago they even unbanned EVERYONE they previously banned regardless of the offense, why would they police their game now? They can't afford to ban anyone and lose even more players. 

I don't know about anyone else here, but this is my stance. They SHOULD. I still take screen shots of such things. When it comes to "out of bounds" there are still boulders in the lake that you can glitch on to, that Jason can't reach you at. Throwing knives don't guarantee a counter either, since dodging on these glitch places CAN warrant space to move/dodge. There is no wiggle room to discuss this in my opinion. Should they? I say "yes." "WILL they" is the better question.

"Jason just doesn't know how to get up here." I am not saying anyone right now or present is suggesting this, but I have heard it before. The cheaters (that IS what they are) only know about how to get up there because they wanted something like this to be found. Just because metaphorical "you" can do it doesn't make it a legitimate way to play.

3 hours ago, Frumpy The Clown said:

I don't know about anyone else here, but this is my stance. They SHOULD. I still take screen shots of such things. When it comes to "out of bounds" there are still boulders in the lake that you can glitch on to, that Jason can't reach you at. Throwing knives don't guarantee a counter either, since dodging on these glitch places CAN warrant space to move/dodge. There is no wiggle room to discuss this in my opinion. Should they? I say "yes." "WILL they" is the better question.

"Jason just doesn't know how to get up here." I am not saying anyone right now or present is suggesting this, but I have heard it before. The cheaters (that IS what they are) only know about how to get up there because they wanted something like this to be found. Just because metaphorical "you" can do it doesn't make it a legitimate way to play.

I agree 100% with this. Just doubt they will do anything about it since they allowed these kinds of asshats back into the playerbase.

3 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Probably not.

Several months ago they even unbanned EVERYONE they previously banned regardless of the offense, why would they police their game now? They can't afford to ban anyone and lose even more players. 

Yeah I guess, and now that they can't add any more content for the game they will probably just abandon all banning except for detected hacks.

I've seen this, It is an exploit.  It's a small area to climb on to the rock and by standing just barely on the rock it disables Jason from gaining enough foothold to even appear above water to attack. There is another rock formation close by to attempt knives but I have literally thrown 14 knives (landing approximately 10 hits. However it was against Chad in block stance with a wrench. Im assuming with a very good thick skin, and man at arms. He wasn't even limping and the wrench was alive and well too even after using every knife i could find... it is very similar to the "out of bounds" exploits as it guarantees people watching til the timer runs out regardless. 

I can't remember which map...

Why would anyone even defend that shit? Seriously. Too many people have a mindset like that in this game. Fk that. That´s something that needs to be fixed, either let Jason go everywhere where counselors go or give those places invisible walls.

I actually had a bot find a exploit spot on Pinehurst map.It's on one of the docks in one of the corners.I'm not going to give too much more info or else everyone will start using that spot but I could neither drown them or hit them with a knife.

47 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I saw how someone got on Pinehurst Roof......

I killed that asshole next round 1 Minute in. 

Good. Swift justice. Did they rage quit?

• Haha 1

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Oh , yeah , and mid-kill.....It felt real good.

family-guy-good-good-gif-9.gif

yall realize most people who glitch and "rage quit" midkill are laughing their asses off at how try hard you guys are and how serious you take the game right

none of them are pissed, they dont quit out of rage lol they just try to deny you the xp after noticing how salty you got from whatever they did. sometimes, they pull it off, and the rest of the lobby gets to see the biggest salt ever. its always good fun

as for banning people i disagree. you can easily just either put invisible walls around there, or teleport someone into a closeby area whenever they reach one of those unreachable spots. banning should be reserved to speed hackers godmodders all that kinda shit. not that i agree with going to these spots, its just banning takes a lot of time and resources and could easily be evaded by just fixing the areas themselves.

51 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

yall realize most people who glitch and "rage quit" midkill are laughing their asses off at how try hard you guys are and how serious you take the game right

none of them are pissed, they dont quit out of rage lol they just try to deny you the xp after noticing how salty you got from whatever they did. sometimes, they pull it off, and the rest of the lobby gets to see the biggest salt ever. its always good fun

as for banning people i disagree. you can easily just either put invisible walls around there, or teleport someone into a closeby area whenever they reach one of those unreachable spots. banning should be reserved to speed hackers godmodders all that kinda shit. not that i agree with going to these spots, its just banning takes a lot of time and resources and could easily be evaded by just fixing the areas themselves.

Given that no new content is coming, they should have plenty of time to enforce their own rules.

10 hours ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

I've seen this, It is an exploit.  It's a small area to climb on to the rock and by standing just barely on the rock it disables Jason from gaining enough foothold to even appear above water to attack. There is another rock formation close by to attempt knives but I have literally thrown 14 knives (landing approximately 10 hits. However it was against Chad in block stance with a wrench. Im assuming with a very good thick skin, and man at arms. He wasn't even limping and the wrench was alive and well too even after using every knife i could find... it is very similar to the "out of bounds" exploits as it guarantees people watching til the timer runs out regardless. 

I can't remember which map...

Pretty sure that is up northeast on Crystal Lake. I had to watch an idiot emote dance for 10 minutes up on the rock, with Jason trying everything to get him.

They have banned people for this in the past. I think they use their discretion though. They probably review each video individually and assess just how much it's being abused. I'm sure a simple screenshot of someone in one of these spots isn't enough. You probably have to prove they're intentionally abusing it.

All they have to do is allow Jason to get up there. I know theres another trail on Jarvis that Jason gets movement blocked on.

10 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

You probably have to prove they're intentionally abusing it.

Ja5V6H8.jpg

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

All the staff who have authority to ban are still around.

True enough, but given the approach to new content, it's not unreasonable to expect that there will be folks RIF'd out, or transitioned into new roles.  Not saying it's unjustified or even unreasonable, just a simple economics decision.

39 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

All the staff who have authority to ban are still around.

They backtracked on Teamers and lifted bans on Exploiters & Cheaters before. Not trying to be difficult but why waste time or effort by banning people if you're just gonna let them back in later?

Banning people, no matter how toxic they are as players, is only gonna serve to further kill an already low playerbase.

The ultimate solution will end up being finding players that you enjoy playing with and inviting them to Private Matches.

9 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

They backtracked on Teamers and lifted bans on Exploiters & Cheaters before. Not trying to be difficult but why waste time or effort by banning people if you're just gonna let them back in later?

Banning people, no matter how toxic they are as players, is only gonna serve to further kill an already low playerbase.

The ultimate solution will end up being finding players that you enjoy playing with and inviting them to Private Matches.

why even encourage the cheaters with this mindest? Fk them. I rather play with 300 non cheaters than with 3000 cheaters.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I get what you're saying, and I fully agree. The only thing I'd question is how these toxic players are effecting the playerbase by ruining the experience for others. You either ban one douche bag or lose a handful of players to other games because the douche is ruining the game for everyone else...

I'll admit it's likely not that drastic. But it could be if the trolling behavior starts to outweigh good sportsmanship - like when they removed TK'ing. You have to find a way to stop the behavior. So even if the solution is a short ban, that play might come back and will have learned their lesson, if nothing else.

9 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

I get what you're saying, and I fully agree. The only thing I'd question is how these toxic players are effecting the playerbase by ruining the experience for others. You either ban one douche bag or lose a handful of players to other games because the douche is ruining the game for everyone else...

I'll admit it's likely not that drastic. But it could be if the trolling behavior starts to outweigh good sportsmanship - like when they removed TK'ing. You have to find a way to stop the behavior. So even if the solution is a short ban, that play might come back and will have learned their lesson, if nothing else.

This I agree with 100%