TheRaven

When the servers go offline

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

War puts a man thru many, many changes, my friend. ?

"We all lost some piece of ourselves in this war" - someone I saw on the history Channel once in a Vietnam war documentary

25 minutes ago, Nic | Slash 'N Cast said:

Yeah, we made a human mistake when reading. We apologize, and made a clarification in our comment section of the video. 

Talking out of our asses? Not really, just a mistake.

Going too far? Don't see how a statement is going too far.

Gee, I'm tickled pink that you went to the trouble of coming here and opening an account just to address my little post! But as @BrokenFattHardy said, "talking out their asses" was meant more as a "tongue in cheek" comment.

But as someone who works as a legit news reporter IRL, "internet journalism" is kind of a pet peeve of mine, as often it's just people repeating and spreading unconfirmed/un-sourced rumors and half-truths, which over time has turned the web into a cesspool of misinformation. They have no standards or oversight that a real reporter has to live up to. Not saying that's you personally, but if you don't want to be part of the problem then yeah, you might want to review your sources a little more carefully in the future before making a video that gets thousands of views.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Gee, I'm tickled pink that you went to the trouble of coming here and opening an account just to address my little post! But as @BrokenFattHardy said, "talking out their asses" was meant more as a "tongue in cheek" comment.

But as someone who works as a legit news reporter IRL, "internet journalism" is kind of a pet peeve of mine, as often it's just people repeating and spreading unconfirmed/un-sourced rumors and half-truths, which over time has turned the web into a cesspool of misinformation. They have no standards or oversight that a real reporter has to live up to. Not saying that's you personally, but if you don't want to be part of the problem then yeah, you might want to review your sources a little more carefully in the future before making a video that gets thousands of views.

Oh shit!! Reporter in real life?? No way!!

Now you gotta let us see!! ?

(And they didn't just create an account. They been lurking here for a while and we finally got something from them because you said they were speaking from the rectum. Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa)

Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

Oh shit!! Reporter in real life?? No way!!

Now you gotta let us see!! ?

I freelance for a number of print and online publications. Maybe I'll send you a few links, but it's nothing that I want to spread around to the masses.

Just now, Dolemite said:

I freelance for a number of print and online publications. Maybe I'll send you a few links, but it's nothing that I want to spread around to the masses.

Nice!!

Dedicated servers...lmao!! All hands on deck...stop everyone..this is priority! .This is most important...was proclaimed! We’re working on them, another false lie. They were started LAST year, yet we’re all still waiting...since launch!?! That doesn’t make sense?!? So...that was a lie. As much as the devs and Daniel proclaims this will happen...another lie...it sadly won’t happen. Too many false promises..broken patches, after every update...after a year?!? Yet Daniel...the fans are mad and rude, with Gun? You expected another reaction? We all paid for a game to work correctly. I can understand a few glitches or bumps, yet new bugs and not fixing these things aren’t a priority?!? Time after time, after every update..oh here everyone...here’s a new issue? Are you serious man?!?  Every patch got worse! Yet, the fans and casual player, who doesn’t follow social media, should wait for a shitfix, I mean hotfix patch?!?  I’ve never experienced a game, with so many problems...after a fix. The fans, or whoever just bought this game, has every right to be upset...being  a fan of FRT13TH, thriller or horror game. Paah!! The last hotfix, I mean hotmess. I didn’t want to be that guy or go off. Yet this shit is ridiculous!! Too many lies/failed promises. Dedicated servers...lmao! 

8 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

Dedicated servers...lmao!! All hands on deck...stop everyone..this is priority! .This is most important...was proclaimed! We’re working on them, another false lie. They were started LAST year, yet we’re all still waiting...since launch!?! That doesn’t make sense?!? So...that was a lie. As much as the devs and Daniel proclaims this will happen...another lie...it sadly won’t happen. Too many false promises..broken patches, after every update...after a year?!? Yet Daniel...the fans are mad and rude, with Gun? You expected another reaction? We all paid for a game to work correctly. I can understand a few glitches or bumps, yet new bugs and not fixing these things aren’t a priority?!? Time after time, after every update..oh here everyone...here’s a new issue? Are you serious man?!?  Every patch got worse! Yet, the fans and casual player, who doesn’t follow social media, should wait for a shitfix, I mean hotfix patch?!?  I’ve never experienced a game, with so many problems...after a fix. The fans, or whoever just bought this game, has every right to be upset...being  a fan of FRT13TH, thriller or horror game. Paah!! The last hotfix, I mean hotmess. I didn’t want to be that guy or go off. Yet this shit is ridiculous!! Too many lies/failed promises. Dedicated servers...lmao! 

Not that you are wrong but maybe construct your argument in a more suitable manner. We don't need this thread locked.

And one question.......

What the hell is a "false lie"? 

19 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Not that you are wrong but maybe construct your argument in a more suitable manner. We don't need this thread locked.

And one question.......

Lmao I guess a lie that isn't really a lie?

25 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

And one question.......

Sorry about that..just meant a lie.

Just now, Brian76 said:

Sorry about that..just meant a lie.

So not the @Truth got it. Sorry man it's been figured out. 

PS. If I keep tagging you will you come back and post more than #No.

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaa

10 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I'm here, just busy (finally moving out). Don't have time to read through everything I missed, so tagging me in the stuff worth reading would probably help lol

1 hour ago, SteadyGosling said:

WHEN WILL THE PC SERVERS BE GOING DOWN? Do we have a date that we can approximate?

What did you say, I can hear you over all the yelling. 

PS. I was going to make Soon (tm) joke, but @SteadyGosling would probably freak out.

Welcome to the forums @SteadyGosling, no one knows, but it's far in the future. Stop being that guy. 

18 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Respect.  Freelancing is a tough gig--tried my hand at it during college and after (nothing to hang my hat on, but I'm not ashamed of it either)--never got comfortable with the inconsistency and instability.

Very cool, though.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Respect.  Freelancing is a tough gig--tried my hand at it during college and after (nothing to hang my hat on, but I'm not ashamed of it either)--never got comfortable with the inconsistency and instability.

Very cool, though.

It's been stable enough for me that I've been doing well for over a decade (I've developed a very good rep for what I do and as a result, I'm regularly in demand), and the work is varied and interesting, but lately I've been mulling over going back to a 9 to 5 gig just to have a regular human schedule again. Paid vacations and medical insurance wouldn't hurt, either.

Also, I have mixed feelings on tax season. Since I'm self-employed I save a ton by writing stuff off, but accountants are expensive and keeping records is annoying. I miss the days where I could take 5 minutes on FreeTaxUSA and be fucking done with it.

But even if I do switch careers, I'd always freelance here and there on the side. I'd miss it too much.

21 hours ago, Dolemite said:

This explains your outspoken personality. Solid Dolemite, solid!

17 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'd put my money on the truth. Two negatives equal a positive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

I'd put my money on the truth. Two negatives equal a positive.

That's what they taught me in school! I think!

To everyone, that read this thread, hell even my shitty post. I am deeply sorry! I haven’t spoken about all the new news, it was building up and I snapped! I was a little tipsy and went off. Typing and posting, was pretty fast and judgmental..(didn’t even look if the words or sentences made sense) I apologize!! Seeing a good game, which we all like to play...with all these issues...can be hard to deal with at times. I had to say something, last night..might have been the wrong time. My apologizes! Also...all of my mistypes...it made me laugh...that’s why I didn’t edit the post. Lmao! Have a good weekend everyone!! ?

13 minutes ago, Brian76 said:

To everyone, that read this thread, hell even my shitty post. I am deeply sorry! I haven’t spoken about all the new news, it was building up and I snapped! I was a little tipsy and went off. Typing and posting, was pretty fast and judgmental..(didn’t even look if the words or sentences made sense) I apologize!! Seeing a good game, which we all like to play...with all these issues...can be hard to deal with at times. I had to say something, last night..might have been the wrong time. My apologizes! Also...all of my mistypes...it made me laugh...that’s why I didn’t edit the post. Lmao! Have a good weekend everyone!! ?

Dude, chill. Nobody is really ragging you. It was funny. You wrote something unintentionally funny. It's cool.

I just hope that they patch the constant crashes that happen with Offline Bots, because if they don't then the game is going to be even more useless when the servers get shut down.

On 6/28/2018 at 4:46 PM, Dolemite said:

You quite literally just described journalism in a nutshell. Everything you mentioned is done on a daily basis by “mainstream” news outlets and “real journalists”. It’s why the entire industry is tanking. You can’t really call out Slash n Cast for making a mistake while your entire profession is viewed as dishonest and wholly unnecessary in 2018.