Jump to content

Recommended Posts

According to Slash n Cast when the servers go offline we will still be able to play offline with everything unlocked, how is this possible? They confirmed this, are they wrong or is this true?

@ShiftySamurai @wes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting here watching Slash-n-Cast and at 14:17 in the video they publicly state Gun Media has confirmed that Client Side Saving will be implemented before dedicated servers go offline. Anyone besides these "yes men" heard this officially?

Last I heard, before the lock, was that this was being talked about and that was it. Dan even went as far as to say he didn't understand why the subject was even important (paraphrasing). This position was also reiterated in a later thread before it too was locked.

So........ Were we left out of the loop again or is Slash-n-Cast wrong about this? Talk about it.🙂

(I see @wes is in the boards so maybe he can give us a little insight here?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, this should have been announced here. Oh well, a missed opportunity to sow something good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

This is great news! 

It is but is it true? Is this another case of Youtubers going too far or another case of the official forum is the last to know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the video, at least up to them mentioning it (about 14 minutes in) and they do say it is "confirmed". 

I've never watched Slash'N'Cast and I have no opinion on them.

If they're reliable, then I guess that answers that.

If it's infact true that it is confirmed then shutting down the servers is probably sitting on someone's calendar, at least tentatively.

I have zero problem with multiplayer being hosted locally on PC. Not launching dedicated servers and just continuing local hosting on consoles requires exactly nothing new for those folks. I can't see why they'd invest in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DasMurich said:

Just watched the video, at least up to them mentioning it (about 14 minutes in) and they do say it is "confirmed". 

I've never watched Slash'N'Cast and I have no opinion on them.

If they're reliable, then I guess that answers that.

If it's infact true that it is confirmed then shutting down the servers is probably sitting on someone's calendar, at least tentatively.

I have zero problem with multiplayer being hosted locally on PC. Not launching dedicated servers and just continuing local hosting on consoles requires exactly nothing new for those folks. 

I watch them quite a bit (but am not a subscriber). I've also been in the chat of their Livestreams and they run things almost exactly like these forums, but it's their channel so they can regulate things as they see fit. "It is what it is".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wanna know where they got confirmation, everything else is wes tweeted this or wes put on the forums this, however in this case they just say "it is confirmed" 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

It is but is it true? Is this another case of Youtubers going too far or another case of the official forum is the last to know?

I would say, it’s a very high chance that it is true. Because, Slash ‘N Cast were always the first to reveal news to us that haven't been shown yet or discussed. Slash, most likely got the go ahead from the Devs, that they can confirm client side saving, or they're bullshiting us, idk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is definitely interesting. Maybe they didn't want to confirm here because of the uproar of people bitching that the servers will end sooner rather than later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

I would say, it’s a very high chance that it is true. Because, Slash N’ Cast were always the first to reveal news to us that haven't been shown yet or discussed. Slash, most likely got the go ahead from the Devs, that they can confirm client side saving, or they're bullshiting us, idk. 

Well they certainly missed the "breaking news" of no more content. We, the forum, got the news broke by a member who read it on a horror blog. It wasn't until an hour after that post that Wes officially addressed us here..........and I believe almost a day later when "S-n-C" released a video.

I choose not to invest much belief unless it comes from the source.........and in this case, the source is still silent on the subject.

 

(Edit: Literally just seen @TheRaven beat me to this news. His title was just less specific to the subject and that's why I missed it. @Kodiak or @JPops could we please get a merge?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TheRaven I just seen you posted this. I'm sorry I duped your thread, homie. I've asked a moderator to merge both threads so maybe we can get an official statement from the powers that be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheRaven said:

According to Slash n Cast when the servers go offline we will still be able to play offline with everything unlocked, how is this possible? They confirmed this, are they wrong or is this true?

@ShiftySamurai @wes

Does that include the oft-promised "dedicated servers" for consoles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Does that include the oft-promised "dedicated servers" for consoles?

They did mention the arrival of dedicated servers (but I think maybe Gun could save some energy and money by giving us Client Side Save and leaving the game as local hosting on consoles).

Implementing dedicated servers so late (after development has halted and less money is coming in to maintain those servers) will ensure that no multiplayer experience could exist later (after dedicated servers go down). Giving us CSS and leaving the local hosting could mean multiplayer could possibly survive a little longer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Well this is definitely interesting. Maybe they didn't want to confirm here because of the uproar of people bitching that the servers will end sooner rather than later?

That's the assumption I would make if it is confirmed to be true but I wouldn't understand an uproar. 

Consoles are already utilising local hosting so it would only really affect PC players. 

I for one will just go ahead and say as a PC player I won't make a stink, it means the game will have a longer life.

I can't speak for the other 299 of us though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DasMurich said:

That's the assumption I would make if it is confirmed to be true but I wouldn't understand an uproar. 

Consoles are already utilising local hosting so it would only really affect PC players. 

I for one will just go ahead and say as a PC player I won't make a stink, it means the game will have a longer life.

I can't speak for the other 299 of us though.

Yeah, it is the console people that will have more of an uproar. Because of the fact they have been strung along so far on dedicated servers and they are "still coming". So if they are implemented, and the server for the game goes down rather quickly. The uproar will be massive. Especially since the bigger portion of the base is on console at this point in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will this mean more potential for players to... expand the fun of the game? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Culp said:

Will this mean more potential for players to... expand the fun of the game? 😉

Hope not. Hackers and modders have no place in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Culp said:

Will this mean more potential for players to... expand the fun of the game? 😉

No........and I'm glad it won't. Why is there always someone like you wondering if they can ruin something even more? Gtfoh 🤬

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda surprised at the level of response from the twitch casters who backed this game back in beta, got early access before everybody else and they have...more or less gone silent on the most recent events surrounding the game? People like Laphin, Charmin, H20 Delirious, etc. I kinda wonder if they are under some kind of NDA? That or they don't want to continue on with the negative parade of opinion making since this news has come down?

Some of those guys seemingly ditched the game long ago before this news has come out. Laphin was noticeably more negative towards the game in recent months though. My guess is why bother with other games out there?

Who really knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

No........and I'm glad it won't. Why is there always someone like you wondering if they can ruin something even more? Gtfoh 🤬

This

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they kill multiplayer part game there will be uproar and offline mode is boring a lot people earnered there Max ranks. For myself I'd very mad if the multiplayer goes down and I like playing Jason and consulers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Literally just seen @TheRaven beat me to this news. His title was just less specific to the subject and that's why I missed it. @Kodiak or @JPops could we please get a merge?

Merged

5b0493ced9e33.image.gif

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Last I heard, before the lock, was that this was being talked about and that was it. Dan even went as far as to say he didn't understand why the subject was even important (paraphrasing). This position was also reiterated in a later thread before it too was locked.

I said that Dedicated Servers are not live yet, so this isn’t a priority right now. We still have not made any decisions on it. Slash N Cast has the same information everyone else has about it. 

Nobody wants players to put a disc in, or plug in a console with a digital copy, in 10 years and all they can do is play with 2 Jasons with their standard weapons, with all the other content locked. But right now, at this specific point in time, this is not a high priority. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×