32 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thanks for the update Shifty.

PS. Let Wes know that his post yesterday was perfect. 

What post yesterday? I must have missed it

40 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I said that Dedicated Servers are not live yet, so this isn’t a priority right now. We still have not made any decisions on it. Slash N Cast has the same information everyone else has about it. 

Nobody wants players to put a disc in, or plug in a console with a digital copy, in 10 years and all they can do is play with 2 Jasons with their standard weapons, with all the other content locked. But right now, at this specific point in time, this is not a high priority. 

Can you just unlock everything offline now so I don’t have to level up anymore??? Lol

Just because a game is client side doesn't mean a player can't level up and unlock things as they do. 

Do we really have to highlight decades of gaming?

51 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Nobody wants players to put a disc in, or plug in a console with a digital copy, in 10 years and all they can do is play with 2 Jasons with their standard weapons, with all theother content locked. But right now, at this specific point in time, this is not a high priority. 

10 years? Check the numbers, nobody will be playing this in 10 months given the track record, let alone 10 years.

Not a high priority...apparently neither is the state of the game being more broken than ever.

11 minutes ago, hu_soldier13 said:

10 years? Check the numbers, nobody will be playing this in 10 months given the track record, let alone 10 years.

The point of players in the community wanting some form of client side saving is so they can continue playing it in the future.

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

The point of players in the community wanting some form of client side saving is so they can continue playing it in the future.

So is that going to happen then or no? 

Everyone should just adopt the mindset of "Pray for the best, prepare for the worst".   I'm thoroughly a pessimist and expect only negative to come of all of this, but a small voice in my head (I'M NOT CRAZY!) keeps hope alive, no matter how thin the sliver of hope may be.  Maybe, if by some random luck, the go-ahead is given for all the games with this IP can go back to work, and with members of Illfonic (apparently) still involved with the game, maybe things that were close to release could be finished up and put out.  GUN could still produce another game with a different dev team AND (if labor/$$/time were in their favor) periodically "check in" on F13...  But, again, this is just a thought, no matter if I myself find it 99% unlikely. 

28 minutes ago, JED said:

So is that going to happen then or no? 

It will in the future but there's different ways it could be done and they don't need to do that until bugs have been patched and servers are in testing. 

Um, neither Wes nor anyone else here has stated servers will be going offline. So why is this even being discussed? Why are you attempting to make peeple believe the online multiplayer will be ending?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ShaunAburame said:

Um, neither Wes nor anyone else here has stated servers will be going offline. So why is this even being discussed? Why are you attempting to make peeple believe the online multiplayer will be ending?

People are still working their way though the stages of grief.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I said that Dedicated Servers are not live yet, so this isn’t a priority right now. We still have not made any decisions on it. Slash N Cast has the same information everyone else has about it. 

Slash N Cast talking 100% out their asses confirmed.

17 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Is this another case of Youtubers going too far

Yup!

3 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Yes. This. 100x this.

F13 is a game I will always be coming back to over the years.

• Like 1

Unfortunately without an offline mode for counselor play... Once (eventually) when the servers do go down...that will be it for me when it comes to the game. I do not enjoy playing Jason. I have only partially done one of the SP challenges because of my disdain for playing as Jason :(

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Nobody wants players to put a disc in, or plug in a console with a digital copy, in 10 years and all they can do is play with 2 Jasons with their standard weapons, with all the other content locked. But right now, at this specific point in time, this is not a high priority. 

Then maybe you should contact Slash-n-Cast and have them retract where they said it is "confirmed"?

Technically, right now, (by your own admission) the only thing that is "confirmed" is that y'all don't want people to have limited gameplay once the (not yet active) servers (eventually) go down (in the future).

Y'all knew about this lawsuit way before June of 2018 and last year a lawyer "confirmed" this game wouldn't be effected, yet here we are, right? We have to agree that using the word "confirmed" before it actually is "confirmed" could cause quite the little uproar with the playerbase. Correct?

Edit: @ShaunAburame : It's being discussed because the game is at the end of it's life cycle. No new content means that the revenue generated will be slowing down considerably. Without money coming in to help maintain the (not yet active) servers, they will go down (eventually). When they do.........no more multiplayer.

Those of us that are lifelong fans of this franchise (and not just a gamer jumping on what's hot right now) would like the ability to play this game in the future, in whatever capacity we can, and would like to keep all the Jasons & kills (and anything else) we unlocked. It helps give the game replay value and helps it not look like it's just a demo of what it once was.

As far as why it's being discussed right now? Let's just call it "preemptive awareness". Judging from announcements made in the past (Paranoia, last year's server announcements, Uber, Grendel.....etc) things have a way of not coming to fruition. When you compound that with their usual timing of "official confirmations" taking place sometime after the events already take place (say like with the lawsuit or now with the cancellation of development) they may not make any announcement on the servers being shut down until after you've tried to play, find out you can't and then come here (or other social media outlets) to inquire as to what's going on.

It's not something I like presuming will happen, and I'm sure it's not something they like me questioning, but given the history of communication failure and unfulfilled announcements, somebody has to ask this stuff.

"I'm sorry" to anyone who doesn't understand why this questioning is happening...........and "you're welcome" for the people who do.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

I disagree with you 100%, and I'm sure a lot of other people here do as well. I know I'll be playing this game for years to come.

• Like 1

Just now, Dolemite said:

I disagree with you 100%, and I'm sure a lot of other people here do as well. I know I'll be playing this game for years to come.

Yep, me too. Love this game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm sure it's not something they like me questioning, but given the history of communication failure and unfulfilled announcements, somebody has to ask this stuff.

mqCcvn0.gif

31 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yep, me too. Love this game.

32 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

i agree.Even if we never get an option to play offline as a counselor,i'd like to be able to continue playing as Jason/Roy offline,since i'm only interested in offline content for the game.Even with the lawsuit going on,plus bugs still in the game,i'm glad this game got made,it's pretty fun,and i like the attention to detail it has.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Slash N Cast talking 100% out their asses confirmed.

Yup!

Yeah, we made a human mistake when reading. We apologize, and made a clarification in our comment section of the video. 

Talking out of our asses? Not really, just a mistake.

Going too far? Don't see how a statement is going too far.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nic | Slash 'N Cast said:

Yeah, we made a human mistake when reading. We apologize, and made a clarification in our comment section of the video. 

Don't take it personally but it was not up to your usual standards, you slipped up, it's not a big deal.

1 minute ago, Nic | Slash 'N Cast said:

Congrats on your first post. Remember to visit the "Introduction" section. ?

I think the "talking out of their asses" comment was just "tongue in cheek" and was clearly meant as a way of saying y'all misinformed your viewers and the playerbase (intentional or not).

Spreading misinformation is always "going to far" and although you've made a written comment retracting that info, the retraction will not get the same attention that the original information you verbally spread got. More people watch you than read your comments section.

Maybe a verbal retraction during your next video might be a better way to correct your mistake?

4 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Congrats on your first post. Remember to visit the "Introduction" section. ?

I think the "talking out of their asses" comment was just "tongue in cheek" and was clearly meant as a way of saying y'all misinformed your viewers and the playerbase (intentional or not).

Spreading misinformation is always "going to far" and although you've made a written comment retracting that info, the retraction will not get the same attention that the original information you verbally spread got. More people watch you than read your comments section.

Maybe a verbal retraction during your next video might be a better way to correct your mistake?

Wow, when did you learn to be so diplomatic?

3 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

Wow, when did you learn to be so diplomatic?

War puts a man thru many, many changes, my friend. ?