BigJay

Would you rather have got Uber Jason and Grendel or Single Player Challenges

Uber Jason and Grendel or Single Player Challenges  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather have?

• Uber Jason and Grendel
    • Single Player Challenges

If the developers did not focus on Single Player Challenges to be released in the May update but instead focused on Uber Jason and Grendel to be released in that update; which one would you rather have come first to be released? Since we already got the Single Player Challenges and we will never get the Grendel and Uber Jason; do you wish these two could of been switched around? We could of got the map and new Jason but would of never got Single Player Challenges. 

Damn that's a hard question. The single player challenges turned out to be brilliant fun, I loved them. Being the completionist I am they didn't last very long for me but they were wonderful. I think I would've preferred Uber and the Grendel personally but only by a tiny bit, simply because it was part of the multiplayer. 

Uber/Grendel.  SPC have a very limited shelf-life and not really why I bought the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i would have preferred uber/grendal, the sp challenges were good but theres not alot of replay to them, for me at least, whereas uber an grendal would last longer

3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Damn that's a hard question. The single player challenges turned out to be brilliant fun, I loved them. Being the completionist I am they didn't last very long for me but they were wonderful. I think I would've preferred Uber and the Grendel personally but only by a tiny bit, simply because it was part of the multiplayer. 

I feel kind of the same way, but I think if anything I prefer having gotten the Single Player Challenges. It's close, however.

It's a damn shame that all the hard work that was put into Grendel/Uber Jason will most likely never see the light of day, however. That's gotta be gut--wrenching for the devs.

After I completed the challenges I never played them again. I would have enjoyed them more if they were more exspansive. I still play bots almost everday and would play MP more if it werent so buggy.

9 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I can say that I agree. The single player challenges were fun with all the references from the various films and the awesome kills but I completed them in about only three days. The new map and Jason would of lasted longer.

9 minutes ago, BigJay said:

If the developers did not focus on Single Player Challenges to be released in the May update but instead focused on Uber Jason and Grendel to be released in that update; which one would you rather had come first to be released? Since we already got the Single Player Challenges and we will never get the Grendel and Uber Jason; do you wish these two could of been switched around with us getting the map and new Jason but never getting Single Player Challenges. 

Two things:

1. I think people would have largely been happier with the Grendel/uber-Jason release over the single player challenges.
  2. Please. Have mercy on a copywriter/proofreader. I beseech you to fix your instances of "would you OF rather," "rather OF," and "could OF" by replacing "of" with "have". It's making me want to claw my eyeballs out. 

Could've = Could have.
Could've  Could of.

Bless you.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

1. Please. Have mercy on a copywriter/proofreader. I beseech you to fix your instances of "would you OF rather," "rather OF," and "could OF" by replacing "of" with "have". It's making me want to claw my eyeballs out. 

Could've = Could have.
Could've  Could of.

Bless you.

LOL! Sorry sir, I'll do my best!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BigJay said:

LOL! Sorry sir, I'll do my best!

Not all heroes wear capes. 

I enjoyed the single player challenges... will probably play them again, eventually.
   Uber and Grendel would have been great to have... but it is what it is.
   At least we got as much content as we have now... its better than not having it. Hopefully one day "soon" it will all work properly.

Definitely Uber and Grendel knowing what we know now. Maps have a much higher replay value. Even then, it would have been cool later down the line to use those assets for a SPC with some cool kills.

And I'm not just saying that because I genuinely liked Jason X.

I guess I am of the different camp. I never cared for Star Trek Jason. That said, I would have played with him here or there for difference. I preferred the SP challenges, the only thing I didn't like about them was the rewards were emotes. Other than that I play more SP than online because of trolls and bugs , so I am glad we got this instead of the other.

Uber and Grendel would have had long term playability until the servers shut down, well maybe the Grendel map would have sucked and no one would want to play it on like Pinehurst in my experiences but Uber himself would be used. 

SPCs were a one and done.  After beating them 100% there's no reason to ever go back to them. 

• Thanks 1

By far uber and gendel. I was about this game when it was announced as a multiplayer only game. Honestly bot mode was good enough as Im not shitting on single player mode but its 5 hrs at the most. Not having uber makes the game feel incomplete. At least putting him in the game with the explanation we had to cut single player mode would have went over way better than what they did. Like I still have no clue why all effort was put into an update they could have did after the deadline. 

Jason X is easily my least favorite film in the franchise, so between the two, the SP challenges is the preferred choice. It also gave the counselor characters a lot more personality, which is good for a game in this day and age. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I do not play as Jason so.... I would have rather had the choice with the Grendel map. I did the first SP Challenge...and then stopped. I like the game for it's social aspect and that is not present in the SP Challenges. I also completely loathe playing Jason so a new Jason has absolutely no appeal to me. 

If I'm being made to choose, then I choose SPC.

Uber & Grendel do me no good 10 years from now if we have no multiplayer. At least with SPC I will have 10 levels of killing to revisit.

• Like 2

Uber and Grendel by far. Replay value through the roof with a new Jason and new map. The most badass Jason nontheless. I would have used him til the cows came home. I was also REALLY curious as to how Grendel would have worked.

Two months ago my play was to allow singleplayer challenges to hold me over and keep me away from the cesspool chore that is quick play until Grendel/Uber arrived.

Now with those likely never coming. I kinda don't care all together to be honest.

From the looks of the leaked Grendel map. At least it would've offered a more claustrophobic, tighter atmosphere than what has become the all routine loopathon around the camp grounds. I didn't see anything that resembled windows. Tight corridors, upper platforms, lower platforms.

Grendel in itself was an opportunity to completely change up the way the game is played. Certainly different from the spamathon of Packanack Small where counselors can dance and troll all night long, with everything in their back pockets.

Instead we're left with a broken game, a dwindling toxic playerbase and no more avenues for fresh gameplay.

And Uber would've been used quite a bit since he had no shift, morph or trap weaknesses.

+ Destruction

+ Grip Strength

+ Stun Resistance

- Sense

- Stalk

- Can't Run

But nada...

tumblr_mhx7qwDb3N1s5w9a4o2_r1_250.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Two months ago my play was to allow singleplayer challenges to hold me over and keep me away from the cesspool chore that is quick play until Grendel/Uber arrived.

Now with those likely never coming. I kinda don't care all together to be honest.

From the looks of the leaked Grendel map. At least it would've offered a more claustrophobic, tighter atmosphere than what has become the all routine loopathon around the camp grounds. I didn't see anything that resembled windows. Tight corridors, upper platforms, lower platforms.

Grendel in itself was an opportunity to completely change up the way the game is played. Certainly different from the spamathon of Packanack Small where counselors can dance and troll all night long, with everything in their back pockets.

Instead we're left with a broken game, a dwindling toxic playerbase and no more avenues for fresh gameplay.

And Uber would've been used quite a bit since he had no shift, morph or trap weaknesses.

+ Destruction

+ Grip Strength

+ Stun Resistance

- Sense

- Stalk

- Can't Run

But nada...

tumblr_mhx7qwDb3N1s5w9a4o2_r1_250.gif

In the words of the counselors, "This can't be happening!"

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Had to think about this one a bit.  I'd have to say the Single Player Challenges.  Even though they have the worthless emotes as rewards and you get no experience from them I think I'd prefer them over Uber Jason and the Grendel map.  I really wish they had better rewards though.?

Actually , I only wanted his kills really. His stats aren´t that appealing to me but he would be Pretty balanced even against hunters. Well , the Grendel Map would have been awesome.

But I Chose the SPC , reasons are mentioned above , like I can Play them also still Play them in ten years unlike Grendel....well , atleast not online.

Uber Jason/ Grendel it would have been a refreshing change of scenery. I love the single player challenges but I would have preferred the other.