wes

Collectible Photos We Wanted To Add

2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Truth, here you go. You wanted to know what was interesting, I think this was a very good move on the part of the pubs. It certainly put a smile on my face, the tears were just something in my eye.¬†ūüėÖ

and the coolest one isn't even from them lmao

On 6/28/2018 at 8:15 AM, i-cold said:

Jason+Voorhees,+1953..png

Awesome find!

22 minutes ago, Truth said:

and the coolest one isn't even from them lmao

Awesome find!

I agree, thanks for the link again @i-cold, you deserve props. 

1 hour ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

You two should go to the doctor if you see Michael Myers or Uber-Jason in there , lol.

And of Course , great work wes.

It did look like his mask.Im leaning more towards @NthnButAGoodTime theory of it just being a candy bar.

16 minutes ago, The Gloved One said:

It did look like his mask.Im leaning more towards @NthnButAGoodTime theory of it just being a candy bar.

It is, if you zoom in it has the letters ' th ' on it. It does look like a mask at normal size. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Gloved One said:

candy bar.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

if you zoom in it has the letters ' th ' on it.

It's a @Truth bar!

I have no clue how some people are seeing a mask there...

Someone should make a documentary like the Nick Cage Superman movie that never happened for this game.

Thank you for sharing, I love this idea.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:17 PM, F134Ever86 said:

Thats what drew me to Jason in the first place @wes. How he is corrupted innocence. To me thats what sets him apart from the other killers.

lmao no offense or anything but werent like 90% of all the slasher killers of the 70s 80s and 90s mentally challenged and often deformed kids and tortured / bullied by either other kids or their own family

18 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

lmao no offense or anything but werent like 90% of all the slasher killers of the 70s 80s and 90s mentally challenged and often deformed¬†kids and tortured / bullied by either other kids or their own family ÔĽŅ

Well , Freddy was Always an asshole and killed People , so the parents killed him or something like that (If remember correctly) , Leatherface is just crazy and Michael is the pure Evil (and no , we are not getting into Rob Zombie¬īs Halloween).

3 hours ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

lmao no offense or anything but werent like 90% of all the slasher killers of the 70s 80s and 90s mentally challenged and often deformed kids and tortured / bullied by either other kids or their own family

I dont think so. 90% seems really high. What other killers can you think of?

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , Freddy was Always an asshole and killed People , so the parents killed him or something like that (If remember correctly) , Leatherface is just crazy and Michael is the pure Evil (and no , we are not getting into Rob Zombie¬īs Halloween).

lmao glad to know im not the only one who absolutely hates rob zombies halloween. i agree with u on freddy and michael, but leatherface was definitely a product of a very very troubled childhood in a terrible family and environment and his facial deformities made him what he is. in the first movie he was pretty much portrayed as just being challenged and thinking hes protecting his home. pretty sure i remember a scene where he looked very distressed about having killed a lot of people who trespassed his territory.

23 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

I dont think so. 90% seems too high. What other killers can you think of?

90% was just a blanket statement, i basically just meant a considerable amount of them were.

of the top of my head i can think of the killers from:

friday the 13th, texas chainsaw massacre, dont go in the house, sleepaway camp, sledgehammer, maniac, psycho, prom night, the funhouse, ***carrie and silence of the lambs?*** not sure if youll consider these as slashers, but i think they atleast share enough similarities and some tropes to be rightfully on this list. 

theres some other ones that i cant think of right now and some that i can but i forgot the name of it and cant find it online. but a lot of slasher killers were blatantly shown to be disturbed during their childhood, and others hint at it. freddy probably got... mistreated as well as a kid, to end up becoming the monster he was.

and michael was a troubled kid but its also a difficult topic as a lot of people feel of him to be a kinda demon or personified evil. i agree with that, but he WAS a little troubled kid who killed his own sister.

@jahzaveamanaie you are right that it is a popular theme in horror I just think 90% was a bold statement and there are more reasons behind why horror villains kill.

1 hour ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

lmao glad to know im not the only one who absolutely hates rob zombies halloween. i agree with u on freddy and michael, but leatherface was definitely a product of a very very troubled childhood in a terrible family and environment and his facial deformities made him what he is. in the first movie he was pretty much portrayed as just being challenged and thinking hes protecting his home. pretty sure i remember a scene where he looked very distressed about having killed a lot of people who trespassed his territory.

90% was just a blanket statement, i basically just meant a considerable amount of them were.

of the top of my head i can think of the killers from:

friday the 13th, texas chainsaw massacre, dont go in the house, sleepaway camp, sledgehammer, maniac, psycho, prom night, the funhouse, ***carrie and silence of the lambs?*** not sure if youll consider these as slashers, but i think they atleast share enough similarities and some tropes to be rightfully on this list. 

theres some other ones that i cant think of right now and some that i can but i forgot the name of it and cant find it online. but a lot of slasher killers were blatantly shown to be disturbed during their childhood, and others hint at it. freddy probably got... mistreated as well as a kid, to end up becoming the monster he was.

and michael was a troubled kid but its also a difficult topic as a lot of people feel of him to be a kinda demon or personified evil. i agree with that, but he WAS a little troubled kid who killed his own sister.

Freddy was abused as a kid. This is shown in Freddy's Dead. His father was portrayed by Alice Cooper and used to beat him, until he no longer felt that pain and killed him with a straight razor.

What about Charles Lee Ray? Wasn't he also abused as a kid? Can't remember to what extent off the top of my he ad.

@F134Ever86 btw really hope u didnt see my comment as bashing or anything, just thought ur post was an opportune time to discuss the trend in slashers where a lot of the main villains are shown as having suffered during their childhoods at the hands of their peers or family due to disfigurement or other reasons. i find it interesting that its such a widespread kinda "trope" if you can put it like that.

What about Charles Lee Ray? Wasn't he also abused as a kid? Can't remember to what extent off the top of my he ad.

from the childsplay wiki:

Charles was born to a Irish-American mother, who came from a wealthy family, but also worked as a bartender and dancer. His father was an Austrian immigrant and an alcoholic, and would frequently abuse Charles and his mother. 

knew i forgot some classics on my list lol

@jahzaveamanaie no not at all. Even if you were it wouldnt bother me. The reason I think its so widespread is that people would feel guilty just watching evil people slaughter innocence. Even The Devils Rejects and Hostel try to get sympathy for their antagonists. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

Charles was born to a Irish-American mother, who came from a wealthy family, but also worked as a bartender and dancer. His father was an Austrian immigrant and an alcoholic, and would frequently abuse Charles and his mother. 

knew i forgot some classics on my list lol

You have to take those wikis with a grain of salt because that might be sourcing a tie-in novel or something which may or may not be considered "canon" depending on who you ask. Just saying.

@wes I loved these photos because we get to see happier times of both characters and it expands on the details. You were not going too deep on why Jason wears the mask, I was going to share a link to a site that explained further, but that site is no longer working. TLDR: Jason wears the mask because he has a split personality, one side is shy, the other side confident, a Jekyll/Mr Hyde type. The mask brings out the superconfident side of Jason.
BTW, how would the photos have worked in game?

It's worth mention how you have the audacity to post this @wes while at the same time hiding threads showing other unreleased content like the grendel map footage and how you put take down notices on the videos of the uploaders so others can't see it and then you come here and say here's some unreleased content. Hypocrite.

Disney is also hypocritical for releasing trailers while working to take down pirated copies.

Any company has the ability to decide what content they've created is fit for public release. There's nothing hypocritical, unusual, or wrong with that.

• Like 1