Once someone was picked as Jason and I said "they must be AFK" because they hadn't bothered to trap anything. Some squeaker says "they can't be AFK because we are playing on Playstation 4." I said "ok they are AFC sounds fucking dumb dosen't it kid."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Once someone was picked as Jason and I said "they must be AFK" because they hadn't bothered to trap anything. Some squeaker says "they can't be AFK because we are playing on Playstation 4." I said "ok they are AFC sounds fucking dumb dosen't it kid."

Haha. Some people just think they're so clever. ;)

I haven't seen myself been personally kicked for idling that long, but IDK, great, another way to make it more difficult to complete a match!

1 hour ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Some People actually take it as an excuse for not knowing what AFK means. But holy shit.

I think its more like three minutes to go AFK on PC... I went out for a quick smoke without using a hiding place not long after getting the game and got back just in time to get kicked for it. I have never timed it though.

Edited for writing "while using a hiding place" instead of "without using a hiding place".... my bad.

10 minutes ago, Ahab said:

I think its more like three minutes to go AFK on PC... I went out for a quick smoke in a hiding place not long after getting the game and got back just in time to get kicked for it. I have never timed it though.

I think I have irritable bowl or something. Seems every time I start playing this game, I have to take a shit.?  I've never been bounced if I duck in a hiding spot, although maybe I just beat the timer. There have been times though when I was killed, run to the bathroom, but by the time I get back a new game started and I was bounced already for inactivity. Prob had a pissed off lobby before hand yelling at me to ready up, while i was on the pot. Should integrate status symbols to use on account for situations like this. "Gone to shitter. BRB ✌️"

30 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I've never been bounced if I duck in a hiding spot

Wait, people actually use hiding spots in this game?

16 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Wait, people actually use hiding spots in this game?

Can keep you alive for long periods of time when nature calls. Keep in mind when she does come a calling, she never dials the wrong number. ?

But on a serious note, yes hiding spots are still handy when Jason is in hot pursuit and stamina is getting low. Especially in cabins with multiple beds. If can duck under before he comes into room, he has to play a guessing game that is in your favor, or half the time he doesnt hear sliding under bed sound or thinks you jumped out the window and just keeps running by.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I think I have irritable bowl or something. Seems every time I start playing this game, I have to take a shit.?  I've never been bounced if I duck in a hiding spot, although maybe I just beat the timer. There have been times though when I was killed, run to the bathroom, but by the time I get back a new game started and I was bounced already for inactivity. Prob had a pissed off lobby before hand yelling at me to ready up, while i was on the pot. Should integrate status symbols to use on account for situations like this. "Gone to shitter. BRB ✌️"

You are correct, I meant to say without using a hiding place. I am pretty damned sure you cannot go AFK in a hiding spot over the entire game. I will try to proof read in the future and edit that one. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

AFK is an old term used when people chatted or played games on PC. It means Away From Keyboard. PS4 and XBOX uses remotes, or controllers. Can we please not use the term AFK?!!

4 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

AFK is an old term used when people chatted or played games on PC. It means Away From Keyboard. PS4 and XBOX uses remotes, or controllers. Can we please not use the term AFK?!!

Next you're going to be telling me that people aren't really laughing out loud when they type Lol!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Next you're going to be telling me that people aren't really laughing out loud when they type Lol!

AFK is the dumbest thing to say on a console. I hear this so much. I don't think people really know what AFK means, so I let them know. But thanks always for you unneeded sarcasm.

8 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

AFK is the dumbest thing to say on a console. I hear this so much. I don't think people really know what AFK means, so I let them know. But thanks always for you unneeded sarcasm.

You're quite welcome.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, kepps-66 said:

My friend brought this up and I'm like you're right. It's just so many are used to saying AFK instead of AFC. On the other hand, I do have a keyboard near my PS4, so technically if need to go away for a little bit, I'm still AFK as well as AFC. 

2 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

My friend brought this up and I'm like you're right. It's just so many are used to saying AFK instead of AFC. On the other hand, I do have a keyboard near my PS4, so technically if need to go away for a little bit, I'm still AFK as well as AFC. 

So I need to just plug in a USB keyboard! Lol.

I think it's just crazy that the vast majority of people on PS4 can't even tell me what AFK means.....but yet they use the terminology. 

Just now, F134Ever86 said:

I think AFG (AwayFromGame) should be the new term as its neutral.

Makes perfect sense. I "up-ticked" your reply with a "thanks"!

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

It's those damn enchiladas!

Away From Controller.....More like Ass Fucking Cunt.

Yeah , okay I can understand it but that is just nitpicking…..who actually says : I am going AFK? I only say that : That Motherfucking AFK Tommy just stole my kill AND my resurrection………..

17 hours ago, Ahab said:

I think its more like three minutes to go AFK on PC... I went out for a quick smoke without using a hiding place not long after getting the game and got back just in time to get kicked for it. I have never timed it though.

Edited for writing "while using a hiding place" instead of "without using a hiding place".... my bad.

Nah , it said kicked for Inactivity : 120 second threshold…….blablabla….

I was just writing on here something important and then I suddenly hear my weapon dropped.

7 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Away From Controller.....More like Ass Fucking Cunt.

Yeah , okay I can understand it but that is just nitpicking…..who actually says : I am going AFK? I only say that : That Motherfucking AFK Tommy just stole my kill AND my resurrection………..

Nah , it said kicked for Inactivity : 120 second threshold…….blablabla….

I was just writing on here something important and then I suddenly hear my weapon dropped.

As I said, I never timed it... but I did not think I could get outside... have a smoke... and come back to my computer in under 3 minutes. Apparently I can suck back a smoke a lot quicker than I thought.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

who actually says : I am going AFK? I only say that : That Motherfucking AFK Tommy just stole my kill AND my resurrection………..

I do on occasion, but it's usually BRB or actually stating what I'm doing like getting something to eat or drink. AFK is more brought up for me if I start asking if anyone has seen Jason, or if in a group we're asking each other about what's up with another member. 

Ah so this is my 666th post. Not that evil though, lol

I think it is funny that people get bothered by console players saying AFK, for all intents and purposes it means the same damn thing. If someone I was playing with got upset over that they would be laughed out of the damn lobby. Seems there are way more legit things to be upset over when it comes to this game and some of it's players.

I feel like it's just accepted vernacular by now, so the nitpicking whiners who are bothered by it being "technically incorrect" aren't just being jerks.. They're also flat out wrong. 

When your phone "rings" there is no bell being struck, but everyone knows what that means even if it's actually playing a song. When you "hang up" you aren't hanging a receiver on its cradle anymore, but that's still the correct term  for it. And when you go AFK from your PS4, we also all know what that means. Words that have a generally accepted meaning like that "mean" whatever we all understand them to mean; that is how language works. QED