9 minutes ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

I want Sean Cunningham's take on all of this. I want either someone to interview him or an email stating his position on the game and the franchise as a whole. He's been way too silent on all of this.

Considering it was his license to give to Gun, I would agree, at least for posterity. 

13 hours ago, Crispen_Glover said:

this means nothing now that gun and ill said they aren't doing anything else with the game, which is still utter bullshit. Why on earth just stop all together? This game is their biggest money maker and anything else they make will never come even close to the success of it.

Especially after spitting in the eye of their fan base...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Jasonlives4ever said:

I want Sean Cunningham's take on all of this. I want either someone to interview him or an email stating his position on the game and the franchise as a whole. He's been way too silent on all of this.

He's been silent because he's smart.  When something is in active litigation, there's usually either some sort of gag order preventing the parties from talking about each other or the case publicly.  If anything, Miller probably shouldn't have responded to the question about the game to begin with--he's not in any position to make a determination on the game's status one way or the other.

Regardless of the game's status, I"m going to be monitoring this case closely, because it has the potential to have far-reaching ramifications.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

He's been silent because he's smart.  When something is in active litigation, there's usually either some sort of gag order preventing the parties from talking about each other or the case publicly.  If anything, Miller probably shouldn't have responded to the question about the game to begin with--he's not in any position to make a determination on the game's status one way or the other.

Regardless of the game's status, I"m going to be monitoring this case closely, because it has the potential to have far-reaching ramifications.

Keep doing your little analysis pieces, I've been enjoying them. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Keep doing your little analysis pieces, I've been enjoying them. 

Thanks.  Keep in mind, most of it is speculative, but based on real world considerations.  I work in the legal department for a company that is party to litigation on a frequent basis, so a lot of this stuff comes second nature. I love it, though, never a dull moment.

9 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Thanks.  Keep in mind, most of it is speculative, but based on real world considerations.  I work in the legal department for a company that is party to litigation on a frequent basis, so a lot of this stuff comes second nature. I love it, though, never a dull moment.

I do keep in mind it's speculation, hell I think that when a lawyer tells me something, the judge might have other ideas entirely. People should in general just remember that modern courts have more in common with theatre than they do with philosophical justice. It gives a path that is civilized but at the cost of accepting a potentially arbitrary decision. (Yeah that's why people can appeal but still you think we would have come up with something better in the last couple of centuries.)

The courts are ill prepared to deal with this game in a fair manner because the copyright laws haven't kept pace with technology. I'm sure that precedents exist for derivative works that are on going ie. comic books but how or if a judge decides to use them in his rulings is unknown. The core case is interesting enough as is, without the added burden of an ongoing expansion to the license. I think the game gets caught in the cracks and it sucks for everyone involved.

Your posts have added much needed balance. People are so quick to vilify, but they can't see the big picture. While speculation you present a different point of view that would be sorely lacking if you stopped. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Go enjoy Wes's latest post, it doesn't change anything but it made me happy.

Link please.

I would like to hear from Wes himself, given Miller's statement that no matter the decision the game can move forward, an updated statement on why GUN cannot continue dlc developement, and simply come to a fast and a satisfactory agreeable compromise concerning the lawsuit.

4 hours ago, ShaunAburame said:

I would like to hear from Wes himself, given Miller's statement that no matter the decision the game can move forward, an updated statement on why GUN cannot continue dlc developement, and simply come to a fast and a satisfactory agreeable compromise concerning the lawsuit.

I do not know all the facts, and I may even be wrong about some of this...  but... The copyright for the franchise was given to the developers by Sean Cunningham (with whatever deal they have between them)… Any talks with Victor Miller about any rights to move forward before any kind of decision is made by the courts (and the inevitable appeals) would be spitting in Mr. Cunningham's face.... not to mention it COULD be taken as an admission that they recognize Mr. Miller's rights to the franchise... The laws surrounding this kind of thing are complicated. We will not be seeing much of any kind of statement that explains much of anything until this is all over with... at least no statement that will not leave us with a lot more questions then we had before.
    The court case could be decided tomorrow (but most likely not). Then will come the appeals. This could drag out for years.... In all likelihood, there will be no "fast" conclusion, be it satisfactory to anyone or not. The rights are up in the air right now and will be for some time to come. It is unfortunate that this effects the game the way it has, but that is not going to change any time soon. We will also not be seeing a new movie until this is settled.
    The only part everyone can agree upon is that all of this shit sucks.

@Bropollocreed79 I am pretty sure you understand what is going on with all of this better than most of us. I appreciate your monitoring of the situation and keeping us informed. Speculation or not, at least you make that clear. I look forward to reading more as information comes out... but I understand there will not be much to read about until it is over.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ahab said:

@Bropollocreed79 I am pretty sure you understand what is going on with all of this better than most of us. I appreciate your monitoring of the situation and keeping us informed. Speculation or not, at least you make that clear. I look forward to reading more as information comes out... but I understand there will not be much to read about until it is over.

I'd love to have access to all the filings in the case, because we'd have so much more information than we do now.  The best advice I can offer is to try and keep an open mind because we don't have all the facts, and trying to view this through the perspective of the respective parties involved is a more informative exercise than just worrying about the game.  We're all here because we enjoy the game, but turning this forum into an echo chamber isn't doing anyone any favors, and scuttles the potential for a greater understanding of the case, potential outcomes, and how those outcomes shape the future of the intellectual property and the franchise.  

It would be disingenuous to sit here and say my initial reaction was even-handed.  I was initially pissed at Victor Miller, like a lot of folks were around here--but I also tend to be a skeptic, and for me, being right is more important than being first, so I started digging.  There's a wealth of information on the case overall, just enough to craft a more nuanced opinion of what is actually happening.  At some point, I'll probably bite the bullet and pay for access to the filings from the court, but for now, there's plenty of other sources to draw from while we wait to see how it all shakes out.  

Just now, ShaunAburame said:

There must be some legal way GUN can get permission from a Judge to continue developement.

Even if there is, I think Gun may have already lost the passion for their passion project. They haven't really seemed to be in the fighting spirit when it's came to keeping up morale.

16 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

, I think Gun may have already lost the passion for their passion project. 

This happened around last December.

• Haha 1

@Bropollocreed79 $10 per pdf on pacer gets expensive with the number of pdfs on this case. Only so many are free to read as you know. If you do ever get access and read them, I would be very curious to what you would find there and would like to read your opinion of the whole mess.
   My initial reaction was the same as many... but I looked into what was going on before reacting. I found a great many documents to read through google... and links provided by other forum members, but I had already found most of them before others posted the links. I am not a lawyer and my understanding of legal procedures is limited by my knowledge of it... but reading calms me down... and learning more about anything can change opinions when you keep an open mind. So I have read everything available to the public and am still trying to learn more about it and increase my understanding of it. 

Concern for the game all well and fine, and I share everyone's concerns for it... but really, as far as this case goes... my biggest problem is that it will be a long time before we see another movie because of this. The game is still a lot of fun to play, end of content sucks but it is not the end of the game like many seem to think. Bugs will eventually get fixed... we hope. The end will come when it comes... with strange aeons even Jason may die.

Also... love the Helen Keller meme. But would she not still be vulnerable to the concussive force of the flashbang if she was too close to it?

On 6/27/2018 at 4:24 PM, RadikalGamer said:

Honestly, I think one reason he "may" have written this email the way he did is because of all the backlash he received from negative people when the game was included with the lawsuit, I think he was scared and wanted this to be as public as possible so maybe some people would back off with the extreme negativity.  Just my thoughts.

Hey may have but I'm not the one who messages him.

On 6/26/2018 at 5:51 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Means they could continue working on the game after the lawsuit is over.

I still don´t see how this is impossible to pick the game up again after it´s over. What does Illfonic stop from continuing on content when the lawsuit is over, given they don´t go bankrupt until then?

I've been wondering this same exact thing. Games like GTA continue to release free content even years later. Personally, I think gun is capitalizing on the opportunity to call it quits while they're ahead so that they no longer have to waste resources on a game when they've already made the bulk of the sales that they were going to make off of the game.

the game could continue after the lawsuit no doubt. It's just all about money.

Also considering that they collected 1.1 million in crowd funding, shouldn't they atleast feel obligated to atleast implement uber Jason and Grendel like they had promised, regardless of how long the lawsuit takes?

On 6/26/2018 at 8:41 PM, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Hopefully something even bigger, A game where Leatherface , Freddy Krueger , Michael Myers , Ash Williams and Jason Voorhees (Did I miss any other big Icon?) come together and where everyone is very important (unlike DbD for example) and where everyone kicks fucking ass!

Pinhead, Saw, Hatchet Man, Slender Man, Maniac Cop, Chucky etc to name a few lol.

In my opinion when i saw all the complaints about the graphics, dedicated servers, content, lack of content, updates, Savini Jason, bugs, characters, glitches, new content complaints,  etc I thought to myself (I wonder how long they are going to put up with all these complaints?) I really feel the final straw that broke the camels back was when they spent all those months day's and nights working on the latest content just to have loads of complaints within the 1st hr of it's release over all the above issues and more, true there were others being thankful and saying good things but the negative outnumbered the positive further people were stating Steam game stats saying that Friday the 13th player base was so low that the game was already dead. 

The new content didn't bring in that many players. after the update as i feel they the dev's expected the new content to do so or to please the players as expected and flood the their servers raising steams charts on the game as the dev's probably hoped for or expected as this was probably due to all the new complaints over the latest patch / update via Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and these forms right after the updates release. This is when i def thought to myself (how much longer will they tolerate or put up with this before they pull the plug?) well i got my answer in a very short time with the announcement of this lawsuit that i later found out had been going on for awhile i had never knew nothing about it until the game dev's brought it up with them saying they can't release or add any content due to the lawsuit. 

Nobody will ever know for sure what the real reason is if it was the lawsuit or them throwing in the towel yet if i had to bet my life on it I honestly would say that in my opinion I strongly feel that the dev's have given up for many reasons including future profit and current money or lack of money being made from the game. Would i have been more then happy to buy more dlc to support them yeah no problem as i bought all their other dlc they put out as soon as it was available to support the devs and this way they are still making money from the game and keeping them interested in their desire to continue their work by adding new content to the game/ Why didn't they do this? honestly I  feel this was due to too many people saying that the dev's sold half a game promised this promised that and owed the players this and that that the devs probably felt to ask for any money for any dlc would have gotten a backlash from the many disappointed players thus them feeling there wasn't much future potential for money and decided to heck with all this after all the hard work we got nothing but complaints and more complaints. Every single time the dev's released anything to do with the game esp when they added new content there was a flood of complaints such as the new updates ruined the game more, it added more glitches then ever, the game is worse then ever, on and on.

So i'm not bashing the dev's here and i'm not taking up for them either what i hope this shows is my opinion on this subject as it's the only conclusion that makes sense to me considering all the above.

Kodak i do believe i didn't break any rules with this post if there is any issues please notify me via message and take it down thanks.

@pilospc Your post is well thought out. The devs have done what they could have for what was given to them. The game at launch was a mess but once that was fixed the game was fun, I had many nights enjoying myself and having such a good time. There were some bugs and some issues with the game but they weren't anything that ruined the game for me. However as time went on Xbox was left hanging for awhile, they were in beta for some odd reason. Took awhile for them to get to PS4 and PC. The more updates they released the more bugs that came with it. They never really put out bug fixes instead they always put bug fixes with updates and those updates were filled with bugs. They weren't as opened up with the community, they weren't there for the fans as much as we would have liked. As time went on the more players were getting angry from updates with bugs filled in them and issues driving the community crazy. The last update with a single player challenges were nice however they weren't working as well as we would have liked. There were some weird clipping with Buggzy in the wheelchair tho it wasn't that bad but there were some issues in the later sections that I heard about. I love the game and enjoy what they have brought to the table, however there are so much that needs fixing before pushing out content that can break the game or add bugs. To me it showed the issue that they were new to this whole thing, that nothing was being truly tested and play tested. I'm on console and I was pushing for PC players to be able to play test these updates so when they were released they didn't have issues and they could work on issues and given feed back by the community. These issues wouldn't have been an issue if they were more honest with the community.

That's my two cents on what I think could have kept the devs from being attacked as much as they have if they were more honest with worked with the community.

P.S you did break one rule, you double posted, but don't worry they'll just put both your comments together. 

19 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

@pilospc Your post is well thought out. The devs have done what they could have for what was given to them. The game at launch was a mess but once that was fixed the game was fun, I had many nights enjoying myself and having such a good time. There were some bugs and some issues with the game but they weren't anything that ruined the game for me. However as time went on Xbox was left hanging for awhile, they were in beta for some odd reason. Took awhile for them to get to PS4 and PC. The more updates they released the more bugs that came with it. They never really put out bug fixes instead they always put bug fixes with updates and those updates were filled with bugs. They weren't as opened up with the community, they weren't there for the fans as much as we would have liked. As time went on the more players were getting angry from updates with bugs filled in them and issues driving the community crazy. The last update with a single player challenges were nice however they weren't working as well as we would have liked. There were some weird clipping with Buggzy in the wheelchair tho it wasn't that bad but there were some issues in the later sections that I heard about. I love the game and enjoy what they have brought to the table, however there are so much that needs fixing before pushing out content that can break the game or add bugs. To me it showed the issue that they were new to this whole thing, that nothing was being truly tested and play tested. I'm on console and I was pushing for PC players to be able to play test these updates so when they were released they didn't have issues and they could work on issues and given feed back by the community. These issues wouldn't have been an issue if they were more honest with the community.

That's my two cents on what I think could have kept the devs from being attacked as much as they have if they were more honest with worked with the community.

P.S you did break one rule, you double posted, but don't worry they'll just put both your comments together. 

I actually used to complain that Steam & PS4 got updated while I was an Xbox player stuck in the Beta version.

Now I'd about kill to still be stuck in Beta.

5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I actually used to complain that Steam & PS4 got updated while I was an Xbox player stuck in the Beta version.

Now I'd about kill to still be stuck in Beta.

To be fair, the beta was good, it had issues but there was a lot to love from the beta. A lot of the players want things from the beta back in from animations and lighting and the way the game feels. Heck I love the openings, the way the text looked in the beta and how the players looked, tho glad the flair gun was put as a weapon lol 

2 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

To be fair, the beta was good, it had issues but there was a lot to love from the beta. A lot of the players want things from the beta back in from animations and lighting and the way the game feels. Heck I love the openings, the way the text looked in the beta and how the players looked, tho glad the flair gun was put as a weapon lol 

I'm not being nostalgic, but I just feel like the beta worked better than this latest version. That's all.

1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm not being nostalgic, but I just feel like the beta worked better than this latest version. That's all.

I never got to play the beta. I just remember the videos tho lol It looked a lot better

On 29. kesäkuuta 2018 at 5:07 PM, Pgamz said:

I've been wondering this same exact thing. Games like GTA continue to release free content even years later. Personally, I think gun is capitalizing on the opportunity to call it quits while they're ahead so that they no longer have to waste resources on a game when they've already made the bulk of the sales that they were going to make off of the game.

the game could continue after the lawsuit no doubt. It's just all about money..

GTA 5 is the third best-selling video game of all time with over 95 million copies shipped, and is one of the most financially successful entertainment products of all time, with over US$6 billion in worldwide revenue.

F13 has sold about 3 million? You got a point there, but GTA is not the best example.