I'd like to see a game like Terror Dome get an official release. I know people will jump all over me for saying this because of their whole "pay to win" scandal, but EA would do a good job with it if they did it in the style of their "Heroes vs Villains" game mode on Battlefront II.

Team examples:

Hero side- Laurie Strode, Sam Loomis, Tommy Jarvis, and Ashley Williams 

versus

Villain side- Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, The Creeper, and Freddy Krueger 

8 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

I'd like to see a game like Terror Dome get an official release. I know people will jump all over me for saying this because of their whole "pay to win" scandal, but EA would do a good job with it if they did it in the style of their "Heroes vs Villains" game mode on Battlefront II.

Team examples:

Hero side- Laurie Strode, Sam Loomis, Tommy Jarvis, and Ashley Williams 

versus

Villain side- Michael Myers, Jason Voorhees, The Creeper, and Freddy Krueger 

You'd need a lot of walking around money to pull that off. Gun got lucky by having Sean handing it over to them. Starbreeze had enough capital to get the various characters for DbD, so I mean you're gonna run into some trouble trying to get all of those licenses put together. But yeah, not unheard of.

I think EA definitely has enough money for that sort of thing. My idea would be to have it only have a few game modes and limited characters at first, make it a Playstation Store exclusive, and if it takes off, put out free DLC season patches with more characters. My ideas for game modes would be Hero Battle, something like Ewok Hunt except you're trying to avoid The Creeper, Jason, or Predator (there would be three versions to choose from) and a game mode that's like team death match but you play as soldiers from Army of Darkness and fight against an army of deadites in a huge castle. 

4 hours ago, RadikalGamer said:

You speak the truth sir.

I'm honestly hoping showing them we're here and love their game will help. If you think about it, we got the info about "no new content while the lawsuit was underway" first. It wasn't until everybody reacted (understandably) emotionally with negativity due to shock and being hurt. That we got the "no new content ever" news. They are a very small team that actually made very little income for time worked. I believe the "no more content ever" was spurred by hurt as well. If you were waiting for the outcome of a court case to determine what was going to happen to happen to your own creation... plus the ENTIRE fan base of your creation seemed to hate and berate you too, you may have given up as well. Show these guys some support! If they know we're here to stay the game will not cease. Put yourselves in their shoes... They need their Friday family. PLEASE be positive, don't jump on the "blame train". We are FRIDAY, WE ARE JASON, AND YOU. CAN'T. KILL. JASON. 

Thank you for the positivity Friday family!!

23 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

I'm honestly hoping showing them we're here and love their game will help. If you think about it, we got the info about "no new content while the lawsuit was underway" first. It wasn't until everybody reacted (understandably) emotionally with negativity due to shock and being hurt. That we got the "no new content ever" news. They are a very small team that actually made very little income for time worked. I believe the "no more content ever" was spurred by hurt as well. If you were waiting for the outcome of a court case to determine what was going to happen to happen to your own creation... plus the ENTIRE fan base of your creation seemed to hate and berate you too, you may have given up as well. Show these guys some support! If they know we're here to stay the game will not cease. Put yourselves in their shoes... They need their Friday family. PLEASE be positive, don't jump on the "blame train". We are FRIDAY, WE ARE JASON, AND YOU. CAN'T. KILL. JASON. 

you must be new

30 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Personally, I have supported them by being a customer on all three platforms, bought all digital content on all three platforms, DLC etc.  I have gotten my moneys worth.  However somethings just do not mesh with how everything has went down.  I am done complaining about it, but I will let others speak their mind when they feel the need and give a respected "You speak the truth."  When they present the truth in a constructive way.  I can support my fellow gamers as well as Gun/Illfonic at the same time.  As for me I was upset at first maybe took it across the line a few times in the forum with how I took my opinions to an aggressive level. I'll admit to that.  Those days are over.  I am not perfect.  It is what it is and it's time for me to let sleeping dogs lie.  However that does not mean that I do not support the gamers, things they would still like done and Gun/illfonic for their work on a game that has so much potiential and that I have really enjoyed.  Hell, that is the entire point, and I know for a fact why so many people got/are upset...If we didn't love the game we really wouldn't give a rats behind honestly.  I just needed to be more constructive with how I put forth my opinion on things and which posts and people to respond to.  Some people get paranoid, some are awesome, some people just do not get what you are trying to say and take it the wrong way over the internet.  Some people you embrace in the community and some people you learn to stay away from.  Its just life and lessons learned.   Do I agree with the gamer base entirely?  No.  Do I agree entirely with Gun/illfonic/the team of moderators, staff and admins?  No.  I was wrong when it came to how I put forth some of my views in the beginning though and I can admit that.  It is about being constructive.  As some as you know I like to post Gif's....It's like Bill Bixby...."My mother always said, getting angry never solved anything."  --Good advice.  (which btw on a side note no hulk movie has come close to doing the original series any type of justice besides the 2008 version with Edward Norton and they even ended up cutting a lot of that out as well in the end for final release.)

giphy.gif

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

We were all just as positive and supportive as you are now, but a dog only bites me once before I start questioning whether to stick my hand out again.

1 hour ago, DeadlyD said:

you must be new

Must be ?

1 hour ago, RadikalGamer said:

Personally, I have supported them by being a customer on all three platforms, bought all digital content on all three platforms, DLC etc.  I have gotten my moneys worth.  However somethings just do not mesh with how everything has went down.  I am done complaining about it, but I will let others speak their mind when they feel the need and give a respected "You speak the truth."  When they present the truth in a constructive way.  I can support my fellow gamers as well as Gun/Illfonic at the same time.  As for me I was upset at first maybe took it across the line a few times in the forum with how I took my opinions to an aggressive level. I'll admit to that.  Those days are over.  I am not perfect.  It is what it is and it's time for me to let sleeping dogs lie.  However that does not mean that I do not support the gamers, things they would still like done and Gun/illfonic for their work on a game that has so much potiential and that I have really enjoyed.  Hell, that is the entire point, and I know for a fact why so many people got/are upset...If we didn't love the game we really wouldn't give a rats behind honestly.  I just needed to be more constructive with how I put forth my opinion on things and which posts and people to respond to.  Some people get paranoid, some are awesome, some people just do not get what you are trying to say and take it the wrong way over the internet.  Some people you embrace in the community and some people you learn to stay away from.  Its just life and lessons learned.   Do I agree with the gamer base entirely?  No.  Do I agree with Gun/illfonic/the team of moderators, staff and admins?  No.  I was wrong when it came to how I put forth some of my views in the beginning though and I can admit that.  It is about being constructive.  As some as you know I like to post Gif's....It's like Bill Bixby...."My mother always said, getting angry never solved anything."  --Good advice.  (which btw on a side note no hulk movie has come close to doing the original series any type of justice besides the 2008 version with Edward Norton and they even ended up cutting a lot of that out as well in the end for final release.)

giphy.gif

You know I'm gonna voice my opinions. How long I been doing it now???

Edited by BrokenFattHardy
Needed to re-word something
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DeadlyD said:

you must be new

No lol. But just keep slamming them for any flaw... im sure its a better plan to get them re-engaged. Too many silibles? 

56 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

We were all just as positive and supportive as you are now, but a dog only bites me once before I start questioning whether to stick my hand out again.

Must be ?

You know I'm gonna say what 80% of everyone else wants to say. How long I been doing it now???

You @BrokenFattHardy, I love your hugging the line of good and evil style. You are one if the most entertaining contributors here. But now is the time to serve the purpose for us all as Friday fans. Just try for us that OPENLY care about this games future. #CantKillJason 

15 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

No lol. But just keep slamming them for any flaw... im sure its a better plan to get them re-engaged. Too many silibles? 

lets see if a mod steps in

edit: btw its syllables*

21 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

You @BrokenFattHardy, I love your hugging the line of good and evil style. You are one if the most entertaining contributors here. But now is the time to serve the purpose for us all as Friday fans. Just try for us that OPENLY care about this games future. #CantKillJason 

I've always wanted the game, Gun Media & Illfonic to succeed, but I'm not gonna cheer for coders who break more than they fix, kiss butt to publishers who obviously don't care about their playerbase, or support anyone who is gonna take my money and then lie to me.

You know what could redeem Gun Media, just in my eyes?? Some honesty.

It's not hard. It don't cost money. It's dignified. More than anything else........ it's deserved.

All of them lurk here. One never posts, one barely posts and the one that does post has absolutely nothing to say. It's always some vaguely worded post about what they are talking about, has no real details so you feel slighted and then when their paying customers ask for clarification, they get offended and act like you are in the wrong for wanting more information. It's like you aren't supposed to be excited or curious and you better not be mad about it either. You are just supposed to be happy that you spent money, got a broken game, got left in the dark about what's going on and whatever you do.........don't speak up. It's insanity.

(Just noticed Ben is here reading this thread, so I'm probably banned again for speaking my opinion. Catch y'all later. BrokenFattHardy on Xbox One, y'all. Find me there)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bigblue2581 said:

Haha fat hardy I just got back from my most recent suspension. 

I got back on June, 22nd.........and I might not get to finish posting this reply before I get the boot again.

I just noticed I got a "Thanks" on that last post. Is it wrong to feel like that's a Gun employee being sarcastic or thanking me for getting myself banned?

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I've always wanted the game, Gun Media & Illfonic to succeed, but I'm not gonna cheer for coders who break more than they fix, kiss butt to publishers who obviously don't care about their playerbase, or support anyone who is gonna take my money and then lie to me.

You know what could redeem Gun Media, just in my eyes?? Some honesty.

It's not hard. It don't cost money. It's dignified. More than anything else........ it's deserved.

All of them lurk here. One never posts, one barely posts and the one that does post has absolutely nothing to say. It's always some vaguely worded post about what they are talking about, has no real details so you feel slighted and then when their paying customers ask for clarification, they get offended and act like you are in the wrong for wanting more information. It's like you aren't supposed to be excited or curious and you better not be mad about it either. You are just supposed to be happy that you spent money, got a broken game, got left in the dark about what's going on and whatever you do.........don't speak up. It's insanity.

(Just noticed Ben is here reading this thread, so I'm probably banned again for speaking my opinion. Catch y'all later. BrokenFattHardy on Xbox One, y'all. Find me there)

I understand your frustration. I believe the latest update was rushed due to a now or possibly  never situation. Also it's hard to bring bad news to your community... especially with so much unknown until the court motion. They did great with this franchise. Period. I'm not suggesting you pander, because obviously you feel wronged but it doesn't change the fact that this is not Activision, this was their passion. Apparently your ready to call it quits. Well many aren't. This game literally changed my outlook on online MP games, I've met many great people that I wouldn't have otherwise. If this game means a fraction as much to any player here than know the ANGER and HATE will put the last nail in the coffin of a one of a kind game. That's my point.

2 hours ago, DeadlyD said:

lets see if a mod steps in

edit: btw its syllables*

Just checking lol

17 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

I understand your frustration. I believe the latest update was rushed due to a now or possibly  never situation. Also it's hard to bring bad news to your community... especially with so much unknown until the court motion. They did great with this franchise. Period. I'm not suggesting you pander, because obviously you feel wronged but it doesn't change the fact that this is not Activision, this was their passion. Apparently your ready to call it quits. Well many aren't. This game literally changed my outlook on online MP games, I've met many great people that I wouldn't have otherwise. If this game means a fraction as much to any player here than know the ANGER and HATE will put the last nail in the coffin of a one of a kind game. That's my point.

I'm not ready to quit. I'm ready for it to actually start. I'm ready to get a game that's playable without escaping to a suicide or having King Kong sized wrenches.........and those are just the new glitches. Wanna discuss the rubberbanding that's been around how long now?

And did you really say maybe that last patch was rushed? That can't be right. They took 5 months!! Rushed would've been an April release like they estimated but it was like middle of May........and 2 weeks later (after much backlash) they quit. They weren't rushed.

I played tonight and loved it but it was because of the people I played with, not because it's the game we deserve. And like I said, I can forgive a lot of stuff especially when the people in charge act like they care about us, but I can't forgive all the times we've been told something only to find out it's not coming when they say or something is not fixed after 6 months of them saying "It should be" or "we addressed it".

I seriously have doubts about those servers but I rightfully should......... I've heard it before. If you've been here 8 months you know this and you know what we got was more spin and no servers.

Client Side Saving is important to the replay value of this game if we never gets servers or if we do and they eventually shut down. Without it you got 2 Jasons and literally nothing else. Wanna revisit SPC in 10 years and only have Parts 3 & 6?? Cause if we don't get Client Side Saving that's what you got. You know what I got for asking about it? Snubbed and my thread closed.

And watch the double posting...... It's against the rules.??

Edited by BrokenFattHardy
Needed to add another point
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I'm not ready to quit. I'm ready for it to actually start. I'm ready to get a game that's playable without escaping to a suicide or having King Kong sized wrenches.........and those are just the new glitches. Wanna discuss the rubberbanding that's been around how long now?

I played tonight and loved it but it was because of the people I played with, not because it's the game we deserve. And like I said, I can forgive a lot of stuff especially when the people in charge act like they care about us, but I can't forgive all the times we've been told something only to find out it's not coming when they say or something is not fixed after 6 months of them saying "It should be" or "we addressed it".

I seriously have doubts about those servers but I rightfully should......... I've heard it before. If you've been here 8 months you know this and you know what we got was more spin and no servers.

Client Side Saving is important to the replay value of this game if we never gets servers or if we do and they eventually shut down. Without it you got 2 Jasons and literally nothing else. Wanna revisit SPC in 10 years and only have Parts 3 & 6?? Cause if we don't get Client Side Saving that's what you got. You know what I got for asking about it? Snubbed and my thread closed.

And watch the double posting...... It's against the rules.??

Thanks, didn't realize I doubled up?. You make great arguments. I just don't want to see it officially end because of negativity causing a feeling of dispair. They are a small team so I tend to forgive a lot but I'm also very impressed with the way their vision translated to a really fun F13 game. I hope you don't get banned, I enjoy your views.

2 minutes ago, VoorheesGt101 said:

Thanks, didn't realize I doubled up?. You make great arguments. I just don't want to see it officially end because of negativity causing a feeling of dispair. They are a small team so I tend to forgive a lot but I'm also very impressed with the way their vision translated to a really fun F13 game. I hope you don't get banned, I enjoy your views.

Thank you. I enjoy being here but I totally understand when I get banned. Nobody likes hearing the truth and they really don't like it when it's an asshole saying it to them.

I'm an honest person. I try to instill that in my kids. Hate a liar. I'll give you whatever I got until I feel like I've been lied to and after that, you get nothing.

tenor.gif?itemid=3489493

Hmmmmm up to four pages. I wonder if GunMedia / Illfonic are rethinking their NO future content stance now that mister Miller has dropped this tweet. Perhaps Victor knows something we don't. Either way it was some pretty interesting wording. Victor Miller says the game will resume once the lawsuit is over. GunMedia / Illfonic says content is done. Talk about conflicting statements and and ups and downs. Been one hell of a roller coaster playing and following this game for sure. If the judge decided to rule on this thing tomorrow I wonder what the major players in this case would have to say. I have been pretty critical of the Publisher and Developers as of late. Mainly over the current state of the game being so poor and the patches to fix it breaking it even more. But I can't blame GunMedia and IllFonic for the legal issues and the shut down of future content. That ball is in the judge's court. Currently I am taking a break. Getting interaction locked three separate times in three separate lobbies in my last play session was enough for me to put the game down for now. I just want the game fixed. Everything else is epilogue. 

8 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

As I understand it Illfonic is just the developer, a mercenary contracted to work on the game. Once it's no longer profitable to hire them, they have to be let go. That's just business. They can't then hire them back when the lawsuit is over because they'll be working on something else then, and they can't hire a new dev team to replace them and learn their code and their game. It just isn't feasible. That's not even getting into the fact that the console generation will probably be over by the time the lawsuit is settled.

That´s business as usal, but Illfonic is it´s own company. There is a developer who works on the game and there is a publisher that does everything else. Illfonic is not just a temporary company. Armored Warfare (Publisher: My.com) and Nexuiz (Publisher: THQ) are from Illfonic and Gun is not involved in those.

So nope, that´s not a reason to not continue after the lawsuit.

Edit: Even if the rights for F13 are at Gun and not at Illfonic, you can still hire them again, pretty sure you can tell in time when the lawsuit is going towards the end. It´s just a lame excuse, nothing more.

If the lawsuit lasts years. Forget about this game as it currently is. 

Just create a new friday the 13th game, we'd be looking at next gen by then anyway.

New game, similar format, improved gameplay, graphics, old and new maps and someone to actually play test it to prevent tripped out rainbow blood on release. 

To resume work on the current game, which by the time this lawsuit is over could be pretty dated and on the old generation of consoles doesn't make one single bit of business sense. Let's think about the next F13 game not this one, it's done. 

I guess I'm just bummed that we'll have to start the waiting period all over again with the possibility that the franchise creators won't come back at this magnitude. That and no Savini Jason. 

Makes me wonder which will come first, a new game or a new film, or yech, a game based off the film.

Blimey, did I actually just go to bed and get up to find a busy thread hadn't been derailed? From what I've seen in this conversation so far, it's been pretty sensible. I see some fairly heated opinions that are borderline OTT but generally, this thread seems to be fairly constructive. 

@VoorheesGt101 just be wary of the use of block capital letters if you would. Sometimes it conveys a sense of aggression :) I know that's not your intention but I should just mention it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I got back on June, 22nd.........and I might not get to finish posting this reply before I get the boot again.

I just noticed I got a "Thanks" on that last post. Is it wrong to feel like that's a Gun employee being sarcastic or thanking me for getting myself banned?

That was me that gave you the thanks @BrokenFattHardy honestly.

• Haha 1