This 100% seals the deal that the lawsuit isn’t killing the game. GUN is killing the game. If they can pay to maintain servers and bug fixing, they can easily pick right up with developement when this is resolved. They are just using this as an out. 

• Like 4

Let´s pray that it will actually go on. But Miller is a good guy I actually , we were just were Angry and seeked for the next best Thing to vent our rage.

You have something against the way I pray? You know what ?

3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Yeah the game can go on after the lawsuit...lol

What happens if the lawsuit takes a year?  2 years?  5 years?  a decade? 

Not only will this game's servers be shuttered by the time the lawsuit is done, the PS4 and XOne themselves will be done. 

It's time to move on from the thought that this game will ever get any further new content....it'll happen on the 5th of Never or when pigs fly.  This ship has sailed and hopefully the people in charge aren't just giving lip service about bug fixes.

What I'm hopeful for is that this lawsuit doesn't drag on so long that we never see another Friday the 13th movie.  Because lets be honest here, say this drags on for 10 years...who's gonna want to watch a F13 movie come 2030? 

Me, my wife, most of my friends. I'd prefer horror got back to where it once was, versus all the new stuff we have gotten and constant reboots that ruin the source material.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

This 100% seals the deal that the lawsuit isn’t killing the game. GUN is killing the game. If they can pay to maintain servers and bug fixing, they can easily pick right up with developement when this is resolved. They are just using this as an out. 

I'm guessing you've missed the bit where it's been said (a lot) that this isn't something that gets resolved quickly. It could be years, and that's a long time for a studio to have staff with no jobs to do. 

11 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Because lets be honest here, say this drags on for 10 years...who's gonna want to watch a F13 movie come 2030? 

Who wouldn´t atleast watch it? You don´t have to like it but we all watched Part IX and X. Some of us like them , so why don´t atleast watch it once. Can´t hurt.

Unless you mean that you are too old by that time...

Just now, Kodiak said:

I'm guessing you've missed the bit where it's been said (a lot) that this isn't something that gets resolved quickly. It could be years, and that's a long time for a studio to have staff with no jobs to do. 

Yes and I can understand why they shut everything down. Hopefully when the dust clears we can get another Friday the 13 game.

3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I know they can’t  just be sitting around waiting. But they will be paying for servers and bug fixing anyways. So they say. So if this is resolved within a year, why wouldn’t they hire more on top of the ones they will already have working on servers and bug fixing to pick right up??? It makes no sense. Unless they always only had the rights until this deadline, and will have to pay more to “renew” the deal again. I don’t know. 

1 minute ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Yes and I can understand why they shut everything down. Hopefully when the dust clears we can get another Friday the 13 game.

Hopefully something even bigger, A game where Leatherface , Freddy Krueger , Michael Myers , Ash Williams and Jason Voorhees (Did I miss any other big Icon?) come together and where everyone is very important (unlike DbD for example) and where everyone kicks fucking ass!

Just now, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Hopefully something even bigger, A game where Leatherface , Freddy Krueger , Michael Myers , Ash Williams and Jason Voorhees (Did I miss any other big Icon?) come together and where everyone is very important (unlike DbD for example) and where everyone kicks fucking ass!

I would just settle for a solid Friday The 13th game that isn't a big filled mess. 

Just now, jameson87 said:

Me, my wife, most of my friends. I'd prefer horror got back to where it once was, versus all the new stuff we have gotten and constant reboots that ruin the source material.

What do you think we'd be getting?  Obviously a reboot.  The 2017 movie was going to be a sequel based off the "remake" 

Say the lawsuit does drag for another ten years, not out of the realm of possibility, are we going to get a sequel off a movie that'll be 21 years old?  A sequel off the original series that hasn't had a movie since 1993?  A sequel to FvJ made in 2003?  Or another attempt at rebooting the franchise? 

Chances are, if there is ever a movie made in this scenario, it's another reboot. 

Problem is who cares to go see it with such a lengthy drought in any type of F13 content?  Who goes to see it based on Hollywood's track record of trying to reboot/remake horror franchises?  Even the 09 reboot was critically panned and panned by many people who went to see it. 

Suspiria has a remake coming out this year...Suspiria is my favorite horror movie.  The visuals, the sounds, the sets, Dario Argento is a genius.  I can't say that I'm overly excited about there being a remake to that movie.  No Goblin, no Argento?  That's not the Suspiria I know. 

1 minute ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I know they can’t  just be sitting around waiting. But they will be paying for servers and bug fixing anyways. So they say. So if this is resolved within a year, why wouldn’t they hire more on top of the ones they will already have working on servers and bug fixing to pick right up??? It makes no sense. Unless they always only had the rights until this deadline, and will have to pay more to “renew” the deal again. I don’t know. 

Work doesn't just stop and start like a car engine. It's far more complex than that, and it's absolutely not feasible to just leave everything in it's current state then randomly pick up at some point in the future.

7 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

Work doesn't just stop and start like a car engine. It's far more complex than that, and it's absolutely not feasible to just leave everything in it's current state then randomly pick up at some point in the future.

Your not wrong but there was a game called postal 2, they got a DLC after years after the game came out. Yes it will take time to restart work on the game and yes they will need to focus their efforts on a new game to keep them afloat but it won't take three years to get back to work on a project you once worked on. 

11 minutes ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

*Cough*Terrordrome*Cough*

But that doesn't really count and I don't want that kind of game anyway.

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

What do you think we'd be getting?  Obviously a reboot.  The 2017 movie was going to be a sequel based off the "remake" 

Say the lawsuit does drag for another ten years, not out of the realm of possibility, are we going to get a sequel off a movie that'll be 21 years old?  A sequel off the original series that hasn't had a movie since 1993?  A sequel to FvJ made in 2003?  Or another attempt at rebooting the franchise? 

Chances are, if there is ever a movie made in this scenario, it's another reboot. 

Problem is who cares to go see it with such a lengthy drought in any type of F13 content?  Who goes to see it based on Hollywood's track record of trying to reboot/remake horror franchises?  Even the 09 reboot was critically panned and panned by many people who went to see it. 

Suspiria has a remake coming out this year...Suspiria is my favorite horror movie.  The visuals, the sounds, the sets, Dario Argento is a genius.  I can't say that I'm overly excited about there being a remake to that movie.  No Goblin, no Argento?  That's not the Suspiria I know. 

With the right writer and production company, it doesn't have to be a remake. And with something like Jason that doesn't die, and keeps coming back they can do a continuation instead of a reboot. And the reason the 2009 one did so terrible is because the die hard fans would rather have a continuation instead of a generic crappy reboot. Reboots are almost always shitty, with the exception of one or two. Just look, the new Halloween is going to be a continuation of the first one, wipe out the crappy sequels and reboots and die hard fans can't wait. The hype surrounding it is better than either reboot, or any of the last couple of sequels. Looks promising.

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Two words: Platinum Dunes.

I know this is off topic but your the doctor right? Why don't you just get in the blue box and go back in time and make sure the lawsuit doesn't happen? Or are you just a normal doctor? If your a normal doctor, can you check me out? I'm always cold and I keep floating through walls.

This doesn't actually change anything and doesn't mean anything either. 

Lots of wishful thinking but it isn't even an option at this point. It doesn't matter how Victor feels about the game, only how committed the pubs are or aren't. 

Hope someone does get the rights to make another F13 or that a sequel gets made but both are far in the future. I'm enjoying what we got, it's far better than what we could have dreamed of as kids. 

32 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I get that. But they aren’t even trying. If it’s something they truly love, they would at least try. I don’t care if it takes 2 more years to start back up. Who will they be paying to maintain servers and bug fixes?

8 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I know this is off topic but your the doctor right? Why don't you just get in the blue box and go back in time and make sure the lawsuit doesn't happen? Or are you just a normal doctor? If your a normal doctor, can you check me out? I'm always cold and I keep floating through walls.

The game is so dead even I don't think I could bring it back to life.

It's done for, guys and gals.  No amount of wishful thinking is gonna change Gun's stance.  They have come to a decision and are sticking to it.  Just play the game as is, dream of what could have been, and move on when it goes 100% offline.  It's cool that Miller sent that, but it still isn't gonna change a dang thing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It makes me think if Miller wins he'd be amenable to letting the game continue if the devs would be interested or letting somebody else make a sequel. 

Of course he would, he only asserted his rights to the franchise so that he could collect the money that he is entitled to. Unless he was royally pissed off and wanted to gain the rights to shut everything associated with Friday the 13th down out of spite, he would want this game, movies and anything that could earn money to proceed.

The only reason this game has been killed is because gun wants it killed. They're happy with the money they've collected and are ready to cut and run. Ordinarily I would say that was smart business but since this game was funded from asking for handouts I think it's pretty shitty the way they have openly dismissed the community that made this game possible.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

It's done for, guys and gals.  No amount of wishful thinking is gonna change Gun's stance.  They have come to a decision and are sticking to it.  Just play the game as is, dream of what could have been, and move on when it goes 100% offline.  It's cool that Miller sent that, but it still isn't gonna change a dang thing.  

Great minds and fools.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This doesn't actually change anything and doesn't mean anything either. 

Lots of wishful thinking but it isn't even an option at this point. It doesn't matter how Victor feels about the game, only how committed the pubs are or aren't. 

Hope someone does get the rights to make another F13 or that a sequel gets made but both are far in the future. I'm enjoying what we got, it's far better than what we could have dreamed of as kids. 

To the rest of the thread...

I'm not saying lose all hope for the future, but maybe don't take an email as a miracle, it isn't. Things are going to play out over years not months, even if things change. You can be angry or sad about it, both make sense but your not really lashing out at the pubs/devs when you're on here, you're mostly just preforming for those of us who still read the forums. I'm not telling anyone what to post, I think most of things said here are 'good', but the email shouldn't be used as an argument, either for or against. It just doesn't make sense in the context of time. This thread and the many like it, just show the rights are as valuable as Miller thinks. It almost doesn't matter if Gun is out, most of the big names are probably aware there will be an opportunity to do something with this property if they do just leave it after the trial is done. 

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

It makes me think if Miller wins he'd be amenable to letting the game continue if the devs would be interested or letting somebody else make a sequel. 

Exactly it shows he knows how popular the game is and doesn't want to put an end to the game itself which is great news. Miller just wants what he sees is rightfully his agree or disagree. He seems to be more optimistic that there will be a ruling that will make the game forward in the near future that's why he says hang in there at the end of his email to the fan. I pray he's right!

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Seems appropriate here:

Having had the benefit of working in a media production environment (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...), I can absolutely understand this position.  

• Like 2