Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Dead Meme said:

Yeah, it seems that way. There's a high chance that the Devs, just wanted to make as much money, as they could before this lawsuit announcement cover up, and it’s possible that if they end up getting the all clear for more dlc, they will most likely decline and move on to make another rushed game. 

Yeah, wonder what next horror franchise they'll ruin? make another great game with?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes me think if Miller wins he'd be amenable to letting the game continue if the devs would be interested or letting somebody else make a sequel. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

 

My personal position on this is that as players (customers) began to voice complaints, Gun Media began to show less and less interest in the game. Kind of like a kid who just knows he's gonna hit a home run, but sulks after he only hits a double. 

From the long periods of silence, to the release of (virtually) untested patches, and promises of content that ultimately never seen (or will see) the light of day...........as the playerbase voice more and more complaints, Gun Media pulled further and further away, eventually using this lawsuit (that they've known about for a long time) as an inarguable reason to dump development.

But like I said, this is just my opinion based on the stuff I've seen go on since launch.

Makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

It just makes it that bit harder for the nasty people to get a hold of his email address. Granted they don't have to look that far, but they won't find out how to send him abuse from this forum :)

Anyway though, it's interesting and I've never thought that he'd be the kinda guy who'd want to kill the game off from the beginning, but I think this case is going to be going on for quite a long time. Too long really, there are probably staff at HQ that have nothing to do.

True.  I wonder if Gun has tried to reach out and talk to him to set up a temp agreement in case he wins.  Especially now that he says the game will go on if he wins.  Seems like he would be willing to work something out. 

Best case he wins and they still have the agreement, worse case he loses and the original agreement is still honored.  Either way we get content and Gun can continue to work on the game.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

True.  I wonder if Gun has tried to reach out and talk to him to set up a temp agreement in case he wins.  Especially now that he says the game will go on if he wins.  Seems like he would be willing to work something out. 

Best case he wins and they still have the agreement, worse case he loses and the original agreement is still honored.  Either way we get content and Gun can continue to work on the game.  

Either way, we get no more content. If the lawsuit ended before you finished reading this post, Gun Media would not continue to develop this game. Sorry.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Means they could continue working on the game after the lawsuit is over.

I still don´t see how this is impossible to pick the game up again after it´s over. What does Illfonic stop from continuing on content when the lawsuit is over, given they don´t go bankrupt until then?

As I understand it Illfonic is just the developer, a mercenary contracted to work on the game. Once it's no longer profitable to hire them, they have to be let go. That's just business. They can't then hire them back when the lawsuit is over because they'll be working on something else then, and they can't hire a new dev team to replace them and learn their code and their game. It just isn't feasible. That's not even getting into the fact that the console generation will probably be over by the time the lawsuit is settled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Either way, we get no more content. If the lawsuit ended before you finished reading this post, Gun Media would not continue to develop this game. Sorry.

That is most certainly the case, I am just saying there are options for them to do something or try. As I have said constantly since this started, they just gave up with no effort given.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

As I understand it Illfonic is just the developer, a mercenary contracted to work on the game. Once it's no longer profitable to hire them, they have to be let go. That's just business. They can't then hire them back when the lawsuit is over because they'll be working on something else then, and they can't hire a new dev team to replace them and learn their code and their game. It just isn't feasible. That's not even getting into the fact that the console generation will probably be over by the time the lawsuit is settled.

Console generation? Do you mean this gen and the next out? Because if you mean consoles in general going out and being replaced with a large emergence in pc gaming, we all know that won't happen. Consoles sell way too good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want new content from GunMedia/IllFonic they are amatures. They did create a decent game that I like to play however and I would like it fixed. That is all I want and that's all I need. Maybe we can get a real publisher and developer to work on the next game.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Corkenstein said:

That is most certainly the case, I am just saying there are options for them to do something or try. As I have said constantly since this started, they just gave up with no effort given.  

You are right, there are options. Unfortunately, Gun doesn't want any other option than to quit and move on to the next round of suckers. ?

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

 

My personal position on this is that as players (customers) began to voice complaints, Gun Media began to show less and less interest in the game. Kind of like a kid who just knows he's gonna hit a home run, but sulks after he only hits a double. 

From the long periods of silence, to the release of (virtually) untested patches, and promises of content that ultimately never seen (or will see) the light of day...........as the playerbase voice more and more complaints, Gun Media pulled further and further away, eventually using this lawsuit (that they've known about for a long time) as an inarguable reason to dump development.

But like I said, this is just my opinion based on the stuff I've seen go on since launch.

true, lets take the art book and soundtrack for example...

I understand that people paid for the art book and soundtrack, and that those people have been waiting 3 years(Too long of a wait imo) for the artbook and soundtrack. But the majority of the community have paid for the game expecting new content, i understand the whole lawsuit situation is "preventing" them for releasing new content. But the lawsuit doesn't take effect until next month, so Gun/Illfonic could've released him this month. Then released patches fixing him in the n future patches...

But, we can't all have the things we wanted...

Edited by Freddie Mercury
I'm just gonna.. Change a few things if ya don't mind...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this seems mainly square on the shoulders of Gun. If Victor has no problems with the game going forward, then Gun has no real excuses of having any further litigation against them. Another lawsuit wouldn't be directed towards them specifically. The only thing I could see is Sean being so pissed he's going to throw road blocks up at everything which seems absurd, but who knows? Seems the real thing here is that Gun are just too afraid to continue development. Fat chance they'll get an opportunity like this again any time soon. Are these people trying to fail as a business?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's other games coming, and there'll be more. 

Keep supporting the genre and the demand will be met.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't let this degenerate into another 'we hate Gun/IllFonic and their ways' type thread. Constructive criticism can be put in it's own thread in the feedback section but I'm not going to allow senseless flaming.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least this e-mail further goes to show that Vic isn't the monster people made him out to be. Granted it's short, but it's certainly improved my opinion on him just that much more. The man's just exercising his rights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Console generation? Do you mean this gen and the next out? Because if you mean consoles in general going out and being replaced with a large emergence in pc gaming, we all know that won't happen. Consoles sell way too good.

Of course I meant PlayStation 5 and Xbox 358/2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

At least this e-mail further goes to show that Vic isn't the monster people made him out to be. Granted it's short, but it's certainly improved my opinion on him just that much more. The man's just exercising his rights.

I was never against Miller. I've always said Cunningham should come to an agreement with Miller much in the same way Robert Shaye and Wes Craven patched up their relationship (and property rights) after ANOES 6.

 

@Kodiak I agree that it shouldn't turn into a "bash Gun Media" thread. I never meant for it to go that way, I was just giving my opinion based in posts given by other members. Everything's cool. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

l want to be optimistic so bad

Be optimistic, it will help. Bring the optimism back. If V. MILLER says he has no intentions on hurting the game (even after all the undue hate), then our only job is to show Gun, we don't want this to end... and optimism and support is the only way they'll notice.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrokenFattHardy said:

I was never against Miller. I've always said Cunningham should come to an agreement with Miller much in the same way Robert Shaye and Wes Craven patched up their relationship (and property rights) after ANOES 6.

Yeah, sorry, I meant to say "some/most people". The knee-jerk reaction was overkill, of course, especially when one knows nothing about the man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MichaelMemers said:

Of course I meant PlayStation 5 and Xbox 358/2.

Just wanted to clarify, have seen people online positing that consoles are on the way out and pc gaming is going to take over again. Wgich makes zero sense given the cost of good gaming computers versus consoles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jameson87 said:

Just wanted to clarify, have seen people online positing that consoles are on the way out and pc gaming is going to take over again. Wgich makes zero sense given the cost of good gaming computers versus consoles.

While I dont think it will happen, graphics cards are dropping in price since cryptocurrency is on the decline.  Gaming PCs are becoming slightly more affordable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Either way, we get no more content. If the lawsuit ended before you finished reading this post, Gun Media would not continue to develop this game. Sorry.

You speak the truth sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the game can go on after the lawsuit...lol

What happens if the lawsuit takes a year?  2 years?  5 years?  a decade? 

Not only will this game's servers be shuttered by the time the lawsuit is done, the PS4 and XOne themselves will be done. 

It's time to move on from the thought that this game will ever get any further new content....it'll happen on the 5th of Never or when pigs fly.  This ship has sailed and hopefully the people in charge aren't just giving lip service about bug fixes.

What I'm hopeful for is that this lawsuit doesn't drag on so long that we never see another Friday the 13th movie.  Because lets be honest here, say this drags on for 10 years...who's gonna want to watch a F13 movie come 2030? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Because lets be honest here, say this drags on for 10 years...who's gonna want to watch a F13 movie come 2030? 

I'm gonna say plenty of people would and this is why......

It's 2018 and 2030 is 12 years from now. The original Friday the 13th movie hit theaters in 1980 and people are still wanting movies, wanting video games and wanting TV shows linked to this IP in 2018. That's 38 years later and there's still a very hungry audience ready for more Jason Voorhees.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...