9 hours ago, The Doctor said:

*Cough*Terrordrome*Cough*

But that doesn't really count and I don't want that kind of game anyway.

That game is awesome but why not something similar like this , not a Fighting game (and something official).

He seems optimistic about the future of the game. I'd love to hear what Cunningham has to say too. He's been silent and out of the spotlight for far too long.

They could settle tomorrow and it wouldn't matter though. Minds are made up.

At this point, all you can do is hope for a sequel with an entirely new publisher/developer that strips down the original game, keep things like the models, music, ditch emotes, etc then work from the ground up and hope for an early/mid 2019 release. This is of course provided, a judge makes a ruling on this like soon.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MortenMagnePal said:

So he's not such a bad old guy after all, so who can we lobby to buy the game and actually make it good? 

2 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

He seems optimistic about the future of the game. I'd love to hear what Cunningham has to say too. He's been silent and out of the spotlight for far too long.

They could settle tomorrow and it wouldn't matter though.

At this point, all you can do is hope for a sequel with an entirely new publisher/developer that strips down the original game, keep things like the models, ditch emotes, etc then work from the ground up and hope for an early/2019 release. This is of course provided, a judge makes a ruling on this like soon.

I think I'd like to see Bethesda take a crack at it. They are known for cranking out detailed games (in both story and environments) and they have experience. Rockstar could do it but I don't think they would do it as well.........although they would put out DLC like crazy and have everyone trying to solve a mystery that isn't really there. ?

Bethesda just has that darker, grittier tone that F13 needs to feel authentic. Let's also consider that if Bethesda (or a similar forward thinking company) were to pick up the IP, not only would things probably run better and look great........but they may even open that "Creator Corner" door and allow mods from the community. That would be tooooooo sweeeeeet!

d38f29af9f9006d0fe15c931e0fd91f7.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Hmmmmm up to four pages. I wonder if GunMedia / Illfonic are rethinking their NO future content stance now that mister Miller has dropped this tweet. Perhaps Victor knows something we don't. Either way it was some pretty interesting wording. Victor Miller says the game will resume once the lawsuit is over. GunMedia / Illfonic says content is done. Talk about conflicting statements and and ups and downs. Been one hell of a roller coaster playing and following this game for sure. If the judge decided to rule on this thing tomorrow I wonder what the major players in this case would have to say. I have been pretty critical of the Publisher and Developers as of late. Mainly over the current state of the game being so poor and the patches to fix it breaking it even more. But I can't blame GunMedia and IllFonic for the legal issues and the shut down of future content. That ball is in the judge's court. Currently I am taking a break. Getting interaction locked three separate times in three separate lobbies in my last play session was enough for me to put the game down for now. I just want the game fixed. Everything else is epilogue. 

It's Gun's way out of producing more content, something to hide behind so they can maybe focus on giving us a working game if that even matters to them at this point.

I'm starting to think it doesn't matter to them. They need to make a statement about bug fixes. At this point, if they cared, bug fixes would be coming out just about every week or so. Even if they are just small ones. They have lost just about all their credibility.

Someone should ask Miller if there was an immediate cease and desist or if Gun was given notice in advance of the content deadline. That's really the only way to truly know Gun's intent and thoughts on the game. 

Postal 2 received an DLC update 11 years after release. Those developers must really have cares about their game. I imagine most companies would move on to other projects for business reasons in a situation like this but once the dispute is settled there is no reason not to come back. Gun is a publisher, they can do other projects while this is worked out and illfonic is basically a developer that other companies outsource to. So there is no reason the game couldn't be resumed in the future. Both companies could continue to conduct business and resume this project when all is said and done. 

My thoughts are the game is a rough state, with a dwindling playerbase, and mounting expenses,  and Gun could lose its shirt if it continues supporting it. So, this situation provided a solid out. Though maybe with some time to reflect on the games progress Gun might be able to formulate a new game plan to make it a success. While unlikely, I do hope that in the future the game becomes everything it should have been. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, x OLd ScRatCh x said:

I'm starting to think it doesn't matter to them. They need to make a statement about bug fixes. At this point, if they cared, bug fixes would be coming out just about every week or so. Even if they are just small ones. They have lost just about all their credibility.

Agreed. They came in with little to no credibility but in the beginning most people were willing to give them the benefit of the doubt considering the game was developed (and I use that term very loosely) by such a small team. It became very apparent that content was prioritized over having a working game and now that they can't put out more content it seems like they're washing their hands of this game and community.

What credibility they did have is gone.

• Like 1

What's my take?

I feel it doesn't matter who wins the case, we, the fans and players of the game, have already lost.

The Gun officials have put a 100% stop to any game content (including 98% finished in-the-game-data content) and are allegedly just going to do some bug fixes and maybe give us servers.

But I don't even think they will go that far.

I strongly feel (because apparently fact is "just what I feel" and isn't fact anymore) that Gun/Illfonic wanted out. This game was a mess from day one, they added stuff like Emotes instead of bug fixes and actual content. It's why people were so intent on hacking it; they wanted more F13, not dance packs and pajamas. Lets not forget the rewards for doing top tier Jason antics in single player are counselor emotes instead of unique kills or different Jason costumes.

Gun/Illfonic wanted to stop and the lawsuit cutoff date was just the excuse they could use to say "Oh btw we're completely giving up on adding new content and want to forget we had anything to do with such a project forced to stop making content, sorry, what a bummer my fellow gamers, right?"

But of course, if I provide any facts to this, I'll be slapped for "trolling" and "harassing" and "promoting negative attitudes", so I have to waver this by saying:

"This is merely my opinion, take it as truth if you want, you're under no obligation to find it as such. Take care."

Anyone who honestly thinks or holds out hope that this game could still produce new content should have their fucking head examined. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I know this is off topic but your the doctor right? Why don't you just get in the blue box and go back in time

Wrong doctor.  His image is of Dr. West from Re-animator, not "The Doctor" from Dr. Who. (I know it was off topic, but that really bothered me for some reason.)

20 minutes ago, Toddarino said:

Anyone who honestly thinks or holds out hope that this game could still produce new content should have their fucking head examined. 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Wrong doctor.  His image is of Dr. West from Re-animator, not "The Doctor" from Dr. Who. (I know it was off topic, but that really bothered me for some reason.)

Thank you for that, you beat me to it. To the OP, it doesn't matter. The game is not gonna continue under Gun, they made their decision. Hopefully they sell it to someone who wants to continue it, hey! Maybe Vic will buy it off em? I hope he wins his case, then purchases the game. THAT would be funny!

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

I knew lol I was being funny

4 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Rockstar could do it but I don't think they would do it as well.........although they would put out DLC like crazy and have everyone trying to solve a mystery that isn't really there. ?

If Rockstar were to purchase this game from Gun (as they did the "Red Dead" franchise,) they'd likely rework the entire game in an entirely new engine.

I don't know. If Gun wants to offer it up for sale, and Rockstar can secure the rights post-lawsuit, it doesn't seem like too big a stretch to me that they would be interested.

EDIT: it appears someone's already used the GTA engine to do a take on F13.

Personally, I believe the email shows that Victor has only very limited interest in this game.

From a practical standpoint, the game has made the vast majority of the money it's going to make already.  Even if they threw out some more kill packs and clothing packs, 90+% of the money has been made as the game is a year old and has bad reviews.  

Victor is probably more concerned with his rights being asserted for future movies or entirely new products where 100's of millions may be at stake.  Not the last $1-5M this game *might* make at this point in time should they continue any development.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

That game is awesome but why not something similar like this , not a Fighting game (and something official).

That's what I meant. Not a fighting game.

4 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

3 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Thank you for that, you beat me to it.

No idea what you two are on about.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

It actually just looks like Dr Phil.  

2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

If Rockstar were to purchase this game from Gun (as they did the "Red Dead" franchise,) they'd likely rework the entire game in an entirely new engine.

No studio/publisher/developer is going to buy this game. 

Once the suit and rights have been resolved, I could see a new company having access to the license, but this game is finished from a content perspective.  Helen Keller will see, well, anything before we see new content in this game.

50 minutes ago, NScarlato said:

Personally, I believe the email shows that Victor has only very limited interest in this game.

From a practical standpoint, the game has made the vast majority of the money it's going to make already.  Even if they threw out some more kill packs and clothing packs, 90+% of the money has been made as the game is a year old and has bad reviews.  

Victor is probably more concerned with his rights being asserted for future movies or entirely new products where 100's of millions may be at stake.  Not the last $1-5M this game *might* make at this point in time should they continue any development.

2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

No studio/publisher/developer is going to buy this game. 

Once the suit and rights have been resolved, I could see a new company having access to the license, but this game is finished from a content perspective.  Helen Keller will see, well, anything before we see new content in this game.

If you read my post, I never said a word about anyone picking up or continuing this game. I only mention the IP. I totally agree that this game has ran it's course and with the reputation it has would keep any studio from touching it.

I think after the lawsuit wraps up a brand new game needs to be made by an entirely different company.

I'd also like to add something regarding the argument I keep reading about how POSTAL 2 released DLC ~10 years afterwards. The thing you have to know about Running With Scissors is that they are a constantly evolving development team that take coders from around the world on consignment. A lot of people only work on one specific thing and then move on. They're a lot more fluid as a team because the only real full-time employees they have are their higher ups like Vince Desi. There's been reddit/etc. posts I've seen of some horror stories from ex-employees of RWS, claiming that they were scammed for their part time work or were underpaid/cut loose and that bit pieces of a project are poorly handled or are confusing or deadlines aren't met because you have people working internationally from home instead of a centralized office. I think that's generally how they're able to accomplish something like a 10 year later DLC because they're not like conventional development software teams.

(This is all just from recollection, so I may be wrong in some areas.)

31 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

think after the lawsuit wraps up a brand new game needs to be made by an entirely different company.

It will happen, whoever comes out on top of the lawsuit will be looking to make some money to pay the lawyer bills.

2 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

It will happen, whoever comes out on top of the lawsuit will be looking to make some money to pay the lawyer bills.

From my experience, losing party usually takes care of the other persons lawyer fees.  

Lol, look man, if you're gonna claim that my opinion is "heated" and "off topic" just so you can delete my posts in an attempt to silence me. You might as well just ban me, it's no skin off my nose and you can continue to alter the mood to make it seem like everythings all right at the forums. (it's not)

• Thanks 1