I'll try my hand... it's a guess...

Basically, the more stuff happening on screen the more that is required to process it... maybe idk

you should know you are right, look at the floor in front of her, several broken windows and no glass shards on the floor. i think they already thought of it and made it like you said  here

I'll try my hand... it's a guess...

Basically, the more stuff happening on screen the more that is required to process it... maybe idk

but if the glass shards animation already happened how much processing is there to do if it already ended? for the glass to sit still you would think it's basically just a painted background! Just curious that's all ... either way I still think it's awesome!

but if the glass shards animation already happened how much processing is there to do if it already ended? for the glass to sit still you would think it's basically just a painted background! Just curious that's all ... either way I still think it's awesome!

Someone on Twitter asked why the shards of glass disappeared when Deborah jumped through the window and the reply was- "The more dynamic assets you have in the game, the more it strains the game. We don't want to cause framerate issues." I hope this helps :)

A polygon count to shards of glass is irrelevant as a polygon count applies to 3D rendering. While a higher polygon count is indicative of a more detailed 3D model and requires more to process it, polygon counts in a scene is not a make or break for performance. I am not sure what the original question was but I think it was if glass shards would remain? If so that would indeed tie up unnecessary memory and tax the system resources. Especially since most people will not be spending time looking for glass shards on the floor.

• Like 4

A polygon count to shards of glass is irrelevant as a polygon count applies to 3D rendering. While a higher polygon count is indicative of a more detailed 3D model and requires more to process it, polygon counts in a scene is not a make or break for performance. I am not sure what the original question was but I think it was if glass shards would remain? If so that would indeed tie up unnecessary memory and tax the system resources. Especially since most people will not be spending time looking for glass shards on the floor.

Jpops is mostly correct here. Here's the part that will really blow your mind. The window has different states it can be in. Closed, open, shattered/broken (by jason) and broken (by counselor diving through). It's just a swap that occurs. Normal to broken, in a blink of an eye. All the wood/glass shards aren't "real" or 3D like other game assets. They are a product/child of the animation playing. Meaning we could play the animation of someone jumping through a window anywhere on the level. They could do it, theoretically, when say they step off a set of stairs, or a dock into the water. The animation would play and you'd still see the shards of glass fly through the air, hit the ground and disappear. They have no tie to the window itself. It's just a "canned animation". It's not a massive performance hit to then populate shards of glass on the ground after they leap through. But the "real" glass shards would have to populate precisely where the fake ones did. And then players would expect if they walked over the shards, to hear crunchy sounds, right? So there's a snowball effect of expectation that just eats into more and more time. Hope this helps. :)

-W

• Like 6

Jpops is mostly correct here. Here's the part that will really blow your mind. The window has different states it can be in. Closed, open, shattered/broken (by jason) and broken (by counselor diving through). It's just a swap that occurs. Normal to broken, in a blink of an eye. All the wood/glass shards aren't "real" or 3D like other game assets. They are a product/child of the animation playing. Meaning we could play the animation of someone jumping through a window anywhere on the level. They could do it, theoretically, when say they step off a set of stairs, or a dock into the water. The animation would play and you'd still see the shards of glass fly through the air, hit the ground and disappear. They have no tie to the window itself. It's just a "canned animation". It's not a massive performance hit to then populate shards of glass on the ground after they leap through. But the "real" glass shards would have to populate precisely where the fake ones did. And then players would expect if they walked over the shards, to hear crunchy sounds, right? So there's a snowball effect of expectation that just eats into more and more time. Hope this helps. :)

-W

You've been commenting much more on the forums. Does that mean all is going well at the office?

• Like 1

You've been commenting much more on the forums. Does that mean all is going well at the office?

Oh yeah, everything is going very well. I'm just trying to hop in here from time to time to keep you guys updated on stuff. There's nothing worse than an unanswered question. :)

-W

• Like 1

Oh yeah, everything is going very well. I'm just trying to hop in here from time to time to keep you guys updated on stuff. There's nothing worse than an unanswered question. :)

-W

I really appreciate you coming on here to answer questions that we have.

• Like 1

-W

I guess that makes sense if it's an animation that plays and ends it would be hard to place the shards of glass that will stick on the ground (static) in the proper spots on the floor in front of "every window"! Again it would be better but doesn't make a difference in my opinion it still looks amazing and your right Jpops no one is going to be that concerned! Although when my kids break glass at home my son wants to save the pieces and put them in his special treasure chest I'm like NOooo lol
  • Like 1

-W

Well i appreciate your answers much more than bens answers

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah, jumping through the window is cool... but more important than that, can Jason throw corpses through windows at counselors?

that sounds so brutal, imagine thinking it's ''safe'' and suddenly AJ hits coming through the window

That one is already on my Jason 'to do' list! See how their fear level reacts when a friend splats down next to them when they're trying to do make plans.

Well i appreciate your answers much more than bens answers

I'd like to just say that I appreciated your time here on the F13th Game forums and wish you good luck in your future endeavours.

I would also like to know about Jason being able to throw corpses or peoples still alive trough the window ?

This is a staple of Jason troughout the franchise and it would be weird to not being able to do it in the game.

Throwing someone trough a window would damage him/her,if done on the first floor the player will die if low on health or be stunned for a little while if there's still enough left.

Being thrown from the 2nd floor tough will do even more damage,might even lead to an instant kill.

As for corpses,throwing one when someone his near a window will increase their fear.
  • Like 1

Imagine this guys, your hiding under a bed in first person and it's quite and your point of view is the floor in front of you maybe a small braided carpet in front of you ... then BOOM smash a body breaks through a window falls on the floor but all you see is the body and glass landing in front of you up close creating a Jump Scare!!! Do you get out and run or remain quite under the bed????

I don't wanna keep on about the glass staying on the ground but I just noticed GTA5 when a player falls out of a moving car on the road blood stains the road but then after a few seconds it starts to fade away! What if you ran the glass animation the same way to break, fall, then land and sit still for 3 seconds with some blood then fade away?

Yes you have 100% control of the camera. The only times you don't are when you are in a cinematic kill, or when doing a task like repairing a vehicle. We discussed allowing the latter have free camera controls..but we felt it was kind of cheating. If you started putting a part on, you would just spin the camera around and watch your own back...you can't really do that in real life now can you. Muhahahaha! You're all going to die. ahem, sorry. 

-W

I can turn my Head over my shoulders. I get it if i cant spin my head 360. But looking over shouldets is possible in real life.

Imagine this guys, your hiding under a bed in first person and it's quite and your point of view is the floor in front of you maybe a small braided carpet in front of you ... then BOOM smash a body breaks through a window falls on the floor but all you see is the body and glass landing in front of you up close creating a Jump Scare!!! Do you get out and run or remain quite under the bed????

I don't wanna keep on about the glass staying on the ground but I just noticed GTA5 when a player falls out of a moving car on the road blood stains the road but then after a few seconds it starts to fade away! What if you ran the glass animation the same way to break, fall, then land and sit still for 3 seconds with some blood then fade away?

That would be awesome! :P 

I can turn my Head over my shoulders. I get it if i cant spin my head 360. But looking over shouldets is possible in real life.

Not while making an effective repair it isn't. I mean sure you can check over your shoulder, but then you'd have to stop your repair. I get the feeling though that you want to be able to spin your camera around while you continue to repair the vehicle. I agree with Wes on this one.

• Like 2

I'd like to just say that I appreciated your time here on the F13th Game forums and wish you good luck in your future endeavours.

What do u mean? i aint going anywhere. Did u mean to quote someone else in this reply?

What do u mean? i aint going anywhere. Did u mean to quote someone else in this reply?

I think he was implying you were banned but I may be wrong :P

Yeah he is saying after that comment Ben will put him in the holding cell lol

I was making a joke related to ben always answering "soon" or "more on that soon" where wes gives us some good information on the game

I was making a joke related to ben always answering "soon" or "more on that soon" where wes gives us some good information on the game

Ben still might put you in a holding tank lol he is the wizard master of the forums