Emotes  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever use them?

• YUS! ALL THE EMOTES, ALL THE TIME!!!
    • The only time I use them is to actually communicate with players in a helpful manner.
    • Never.
    • On occastion. It was initially a good concept that got out of hand.
    • Yes. I am a troll and like to dance on Jason's face, because I am that person.

Let's talk about the emotes in the game for a second. Seriously, there are too many emotes in this game and most of them are not useful in any way.

I was really annoyed by them at first.  But after realizing they weren't going anywhere, I learned to accept and love them.  

Right now, my favorite is to use the "sorry!" emote right after I smack Jason in the face with a bat as Victoria.  Hilarious.

• Haha 1

Yeah , totally agree. I only use them in a helpful manner but I have a friend that hates Lachappa abnormally……...I have a plan to troll him (don´t worry , we are good Friends , so I am hurting nobody).

But why the fuck were they and counselor clothing so heavily requested? They are most unnecessary Things that could have been prioritized. And you know what? Almost all of those counselor crybabies now left completely. They just hurt the game and now fucked off. Atleast they´re gone now. Hell , even the kill packs for Jason were much more important.

• Confused 1

None of the choices apply to me. I use them while I am wasting time like waiting for the cops etc. I use them in the cut scene when Jason is killed. So I use them occasionally, but do not think they got out of hand with them. I wish we were getting more useful emotes to help reduce the amount of chatter Jason hears in regards to objectives. 

• Like 3

Emotes are stupid and were a huge waste of resources that could have been focused on developing other content that will never see the light of day now.

But on the bright side, I have seen a drastic decrease in the usage of emotes. As in I don't see them hardly at all anymore. 

Never use them. I don't really care for any of them as they don't really fit in to the game but thats my opinion.

When I'm the last person alive and would rather die and start a new round than try to kite Jason for 10 minutes, I stand right out in the open and spam the crying and vomiting emote until I get killed.

Everyone knows my stance on them. Unless they were ones based solely on communication, they were nothing more than shitty fluff content released to pander to the vocal minority (sims crowd) and only ruin immersion and serve the troll player base. But at least it took up the better part of a year on programming resources, and got them out of having to work on things that mattered and were promised. Yay a broken engine update, but at least they gave us 30 new emotes.

• Thanks 1

I have been experimenting with them. It still feels very odd to me though. I get why people like them, I just don't think they matter that much. As taunts go emotes are weak, unless used creatively, I prefer just talking to Jason. 

9 minutes ago, A.J. Mason said:

When I'm the last person alive and would rather die and start a new round than try to kite Jason for 10 minutes, I stand right out in the open and spam the crying and vomiting emote until I get killed.

Wait , do you Play on PS4? Because I met exactly that Kind of Person once and I didn´t want to kill her. I find that very sweet.

I will do a ''I love you'' emote in my case if I am the last one alive. Thank you for reminding me!

Perhaps if they hadn’t spent so much time goofing off during the mocap sessions and creating emotes, Uber Jason could have been finished and in the game before the end of all new content was announced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

hate them. never use them. wish they weren't in the game

absolute waste of time, even the clothing pack which essentially is look at my ass clothes, seriously so much time wasted on bs

I use them a lot now even though they can be obnoxious at times. Nobody uses them for “communication” lol

Agree with the above about using it to kill time while people are waiting for the cops. I don't waste time dancing on or teabagging Jason.

2 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Wait , do you Play on PS4? Because I met exactly that Kind of Person once and I didn´t want to kill her. I find that very sweet.

I will do a ''I love you'' emote in my case if I am the last one alive. Thank you for reminding me!

Yes I do play on PS4. Lol I don't do it to be sweet. I just do it to get on to the next round and not make the lobby (if there's anyone left in it) wait around watching me jump through windows for 5 minutes and eventually die anyway. 

1 hour ago, A.J. Mason said:

Yes I do play on PS4. Lol I don't do it to be sweet. I just do it to get on to the next round and not make the lobby (if there's anyone left in it) wait around watching me jump through windows for 5 minutes and eventually die anyway. 

I'm one of the few that seldom minds it because it can be good first hand tips on how to evade. I even root for the person because I'm so bad at it. Plus it gives me a little bit of pause to go grab a drink or something.

• Like 1

If I'm playing as vanessa, I'll just turn on a radio, and use the dance emotes till jason shows up. That way i can fulfill her role as the "distraction", so objectives can get done

I bought all of the DLCs but don't use any of them much, other than the kill packs. Although I will wave at Jason when he is bashing a door down... or out in the open just to get his attention. Mistimed a few out in the open and got grabbed before the animation finished... shit happens.
   There was a few times I was able to use emotes to point to an objective someone was looking for or let them know to follow me to it... most people do not pay enough attention to emotes to bother using them for communication... but sometimes it helps. If you talk and Jason is nearby, he knows what you are up to... so the emotes can sometimes be helpful. Never underestimate the sneakiness.
   I have been know to do the slow boogie while waiting for stamina to regenerate.... or when one of the tunes I like is playing on the radio. I don't find it either funny or annoying when people use the dance emotes for trolling Jason. Perhaps I have been desensitized to the excessive dancing trolls.
   So many emotes... so few worth bothering with.

6 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I'm one of the few that seldom minds it because it can be good first hand tips on how to evade. I even root for the person because I'm so bad at it. Plus it gives me a little bit of pause to go grab a drink or something.

And then you come back and realize your Tommy! Lol. Yeah I do the same thing.

I play with friends alot and I use then alot whenever waiting for the cops with them or anything that requires people to wait. Boring to just stand there. And no reason to go actively looking for Jason. Just stay in a cabin in the middle of both exits and dance.

YUS ALL THE EMOTES ALL THE TIME!

ME LIKE EMOTES!